Mienshao

Since when does Gliscor not get to attack after your first HP Ice?
Considering the point is to catch it on the switch, it will be hit twice before it can move.

As for ghosts, I find them much easier to check than other offensive threats due to their reliance on Focus Blast and relatively weak BP STAB. Not to mention that pairing Mienshao with a dark type is a good idea to kill the ghosts and psychics that resist HJK.

Considering the point is to catch it on the switch, it will be hit twice before it can move.
Well more so the Gliscor user has a choice to make, if Kojondo comes in on it with HP Ice.

Flinging it's poison orb would be a death sentence (Fling itself won't do much damage being a dark based move and while it may poison Kojondo that's all you get out of the exchange.), so that leaves two choices.

Go for Arcobat, or withdraw from the field.

then again I don't know if gliscor can pull off a OHKO with Acrobat if the Orb is still attached, since without an SD boost it's attack is pretty weak unless you invested quite abit into it.

This is what happens.

Player 1 switched in Gliscor!
Kojondo used HP Ice!
Gliscor took x%!

Kojondo used HP Ice!
Player 1's Gliscor fainted!

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I've been using HP Ice Kojondo for a bit now, and maybe all the Gliscor I've been facing have been using weird spreads, but it's never failed to KO even at 100% (Naive, 0 SpA, LO).

breh

強いだね
I've been using HP Ice Kojondo for a bit now, and maybe all the Gliscor I've been facing have been using weird spreads, but it's never failed to KO even at 100% (Naive, 0 SpA, LO).
You've been rather lucky xD

Realistically it should require 96 SpA to 100% KO gliscor that run 252/0 spreads.

Definitely not a bad investment, it seems.

(somebody please check my calc though)

No that's about right. It always OHKOs with rocks and does 97% on average, so your damage rolls have been a tad on the high end or Gliscor isn't really at the full 100%.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
It's also a good way for taking out Salamence who think they can come in for free on you, and puts a dent in a lot of the other dragons as well.

Uh, just curious, has anyone tried a Swords Dance set? Mine works amazingly well, but then again, I've been using only for random wifi (aka 3 vs 3).

Kojondo@Focus Sash / Fighting Jewel
Jolly, 252 atk / 252 speed
Inner Focus
~Drain Punch / High Jump Kick
~Acrobatics
~Rock Slide
~Swords Dance

Since it's really easy consuming that Focus Sash with paper defenses, Acrobatics almost always has a neat 110 base power. The reason I'm using Drain Punch is because I really want to heal myself with a brutal stab in order to survive the innevitable priority attack.

The most viable setup I've seen is a fakeout+U-turn quick combo with regenerator. With a high enough speed it makes a great nuisance and can obliterate Pyschic types.

I think that this is probably his best set, personally. Sweeping is best left to better sweepers as he's generally outclassed.

Here it is:

Meinshao @Leftovers/Life Orb
Regenerator
252Atk/252HP Jolly
Hi Jump Kick
Stone Edge/U-turn/Fake Out
Substitute
Baton Pass

With this he can feign being a sweeper earlier on in the game, and later baton pass subs to your set-up sweepers or whatever. This is particularly effective when/if it can be used to eliminate Mienshao's counters so that he can sweep later on.

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
Praying that the move tutors in the new game (if there is one) give him the elemental punches. He needs them BADLY. Also, I don't understand why they couldn't give this thing EQ. So many other fighting types got it.

A gimmick special set can actually surprise a lot of opponents, carelessly switching in their physical walls, only to be hit hard by a special attack.

Meinshao @ Life Orb
Regenerator
252 Spa / 252 Spe
Timid/Naive Nature
-Aura Sphere
-Grass Knot
-HP Ice/Fire/Electric
-Hi Jump Kick/Calm Mind

I haven't tested it yet, but I think this can surprise a lot of people. HJK is there in case you don't want blissey/chansey to wall you (or other things).

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
High jump kick is a horrible attack for this guy. It's too much or a liability. All your opponent needs to do is switch in a ghost type and you lose health. Drain punch or ankle sweep are better choices.

High jump kick is a horrible attack for this guy. It's too much or a liability. All your opponent needs to do is switch in a ghost type and you lose health. Drain punch or ankle sweep are better choices.
Drain Punch perhaps, but Low Sweep? Seriously? Since when has a 60 BP move ever been good on a non-Technician mon? Mienshao is so frail, it needs all the power it can get to blow holes in the opponent's team before it dies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)