Media Minecraft Discussion Thread

Frost (jamster) and I were looking for the giant Diglett because he forgot the coords (lol), and this is what we found when we went through the wrong portal:

Yep, that's a really messed up mountain (probably done with Lava and Water) and a giant burning swastika in the sky, with logblock showing who built it. Opinions?

edit: Okay, the swastika is left-oriented, and I really wanna know if that's intentional (being a hindu-symbol) or not.

Ah yes, on the other side of the mountain I found a castle like building as well made out of cobble. Pretty standard except for the fact that it was about 150 blocks up in the air and twice as tall as the mountain. About 30x30 wide and long.

Apparently RotatingAtom, didn't you say that Ratskeller was the name of the man who did this?

It's a wasteland biome we've been working on. I call it froks' blind spot. We were gonna build there eventually but we ran out of tnt to make it look even more desolate than it already is.

Well actually if you want to get into what the swastika means and its orientation, both the hindu symbol and the nazi derivative go clockwise since the latter was based off the former. Although, if it was meant to be a hindu symbol it should really have four dots in the spaces between the arms etc.

Are we aloud to exploit glitches? If so the I think that I can get infinit sand thus sparing the desert from getting to greifed. Also has anyone ells had a a problem with loving on to the server? I haven't been able to log on for over a week.

Are we aloud to exploit glitches? If so the I think that I can get infinit sand thus sparing the desert from getting to greifed.
Does that even still work? Unless there's a more recent glitch that I'm unaware of. Cheating through any method is discouraged, and if we wanted sand unlegitimately we could just have mods spawn it.

So there is a new glitch... Well, I'm not the one to decide anyways, that's up to admins/mods

Except that isn't really cheating. You're exploiting an ingame mechanic at no expense of others. Similar to the glowstone-in-head x-ray glitch which allows you to "x-ray" through solid blocks to see air blocks allowing you to find caves while underground. For sand generators you're just using some combination of pistons to duplicate sand. It's the developer's job to fix these, and I'm sure that in 1.3 this will be gone.

It looks like a new building! Let's take a closer look.

A library, huh? I wonder what it looks like inside.

Spiffy!

A jukebox too! And it's paired with a dispenser, so you can select tracks at random if you want to.

I guess the library isn't functional since we don't have Books and Quills yet, so let's leave the chests alone for now. Once 1.3 comes out, authors will be able to claim chests and put Written Books inside for others to enjoy.

Very fancy, I like!

I know it'd probably be harder to incorporate, but you know how in libraries you have the ladders for reaching the higher shelves? That would add another element to it as well. Or given how large it is, why not a 2 story library?

I know it'd probably be harder to incorporate, but you know how in libraries you have the ladders for reaching the higher shelves? That would add another element to it as well. Or given how large it is, why not a 2 story library?
I made it the way I did for two reasons. First, I suck at architecture, so having multiple stories would've been somewhat difficult. Second, I made sure that all chests would be accessible at ground level so that ladders would be unnecessary (although they might actually look cool).

Well I could build the free sand machine if I could log on any ideas how I would do that? I see people on the server but when I click on it it just brings me to the main menu. I have now built the machine. It is right next to the piano but I will move it to any location if needed. There will be glitches sand footing over you. Don't walk on it or you will be cocked for flying other that that it's easy.

Well I could build the free sand machine if I could log on any ideas how I would do that? I see people on the server but when I click on it it just brings me to the main menu. I have now built the machine. It is right next to the piano but I will move it to any location if needed. There will be glitches sand footing over you. Don't walk on it or you will be cocked for flying other that that it's easy.
Honestly megados, I have no clue why you can't log in. Can you log in to other servers? Have you tried clearing your bin and stuff? No one else seems to have log in issues.

My only thoughts are maybe because you got pegged for flying the server is rejecting you, still, but that is a stretch.

I was being a dumass about loving in, I was double clicking instead of selecting and then clicking log in sorry. As for the sand machine if you go to spawn and look towards the water just go to the left until you reach a large sandstone castle you should be able to see it from the gravle road. Just flip the on off switch and bam you have your sand.

What's the current server IP? I have two Smogcraft servers listed currently, but they are clearly old servers that have nothing to do with Smogon.

thx

So not too far off spawn, I have been working occasionally on an underground water temple. I originally planned for this to be a dungeon of sorts where players had to overcome various obstacles, traps and puzzles (including a boss room) with treasure at the end. Although I still have a fair way to go, it's definitely under progress with two large chambers hollowed out and near-completed. I have no co-ords or snapshots avialable at the moment, but for the curious the entrance is located within a well on a small island not too far from ACDC's/Shiny Mew2's place, which is in a swamp biome across the sea immediately next to spawn.

The reason why I'm posting is because I have a lot of ideas about where I want to take this project, and I'm wondering what people would like to see. The first option is to continue just building the aforementioned water temple. A second option would be to convert the structure I have now into a subterranian town/plaza. The style of the structure at the moment most closely resembles a sort of sewer with various water channels and tunnels, and I think that a grimey underground town with makeshift houses and rooms carved into sewer walls would be a pretty cool concept to play with. Alternatively what I have so far could be carved into an ancient sunken city, sorta like that underground place in Paper Mario TTYD.

Penny for your thoughts Smogon? And if anyone is interested in helping fleshing the structure out more, that'd be welcome too! : )

Note: As the only way to enter the temple is by falling through the well, there is currently no exit. No big deal as you can just warp back to Spawn, but I thought I'd point that out in advance.

scampy i could help you out building and stuff. Also having some good puzzles would be neat. i could do some of that planning to.

Bass

Brother in arms
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnus
I just visited your temple. I think it is pretty cool as it is, but my memory of water temple dungeons (and Zelda games in general) is kind of hazy, so I can't think of many suggestions. Maybe add a giant, hollowed out centralized room with stairs running along the walls, and a large waterfall in the center.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)