Media Minecraft Discussion Thread

Awesome! Now I have to learn how to use FRAPs, and start releasing Smogcraft vids!

Remember, guys, we should build a field/stable for animal breeding, since they don't really spawn any more!

Something else we might take into consideration is some kind of mob trap so we can farm arrows/bonemeal/etc. I've seen traps where you can dump a bunch of mobs in one place that you can kill for tons of personal experience, but I don't know how to make 'em.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
If they didn't fuck up the bow&arrow I would be totally down to hunt mobs...

Also the first thing I'm doing is trying to find a skele spawner so we can get Arrows/Bones/exp all at once.

I'll hunt mobs if you could let me on the server

I'm good i promise D=

EDIT: Also if mobs work on the server I can use my x-ray mod to get to some spawners

I can also do the cobble collecting

Either one, really.

I will help with lighting up the caves. (best job js)

Also, let's not build a gigantic mob tower, they are ugly as sin. We can just as easily build one underground, which also gives us lots of resources from digging it out.

So are we getting server access prior to the 16th to work on spawn or is the 16th our definitive date for all things Minecraft related?
Curse you Rawbi! Somehow I know this is your doing. /fistshake

Also dibs on constructing the wheat farm. OPLV had the finest automated farm back on old Smogcraft and I'd like to bring some of that goodness to spawn.

I will be the woodcutter for this here server. Who else finds it annoying when you are trying to make some tools, only to find you ran out of wood? Basically, a bunch of chests will be scattered around the map filled with wooden logs and planks. Do whatever you want with them. :D

Also the first thing I'm doing is trying to find a skele spawner so we can get Arrows/Bones/exp all at once.[/QUOTE]

in the seed we are using under the spot where you spawn there is 2 spawners near ground level one is a zombie and the other is spider.

I'll hunt mobs if you could let me on the server

I'm good i promise D=

EDIT: Also if mobs work on the server I can use my x-ray mod to get to some spawners

I can also do the cobble collecting

Either one, really.
Really dude... we are LEGIT x-ray = ban its the same as hacking its pointless and ruins it for everyone else

lol funny, like you havent used x-ray things. but anyways could someone post the Google Docs white list thing for those who missed it before =)

lol funny, like you havent used x-ray things. but anyways could someone post the Google Docs white list thing for those who missed it before =)
i have done it on pvp servers never smogcraft im saying it ruins the whole legit vanilla feel by hacking and cheating i dont care less about pvp servers.

So are we getting server access prior to the 16th to work on spawn or is the 16th our definitive date for all things Minecraft related?
Curse you Rawbi! Somehow I know this is your doing. /fistshake

Also dibs on constructing the wheat farm. OPLV had the finest automated farm back on old Smogcraft and I'd like to bring some of that goodness to spawn.
That wheat farm also doubled as a bread oven thanks to the temperatures it caused my laptop to run at when activated.

I wasn't notified that it was banned on this server.

But you really don't need to blast on me, damn.

still open for mob slaying and cobblestone collecting

You can use mods or x-ray textures and whatever you want in SP, but let's please keep Smogcraft as vanilla as possible. X-Ray isn't using a mod, but I consider it at least as bad because you can accomplish the exact same effect without cheating at all. (glowstone/TNT and pistons)

How about we get some obsidian farming as well? There's a pretty nifty method involving a water spring, lava bucket and redstone that I've learned not too long ago.

and me? i shall do what i do best -- login when pretty much nobody is online and do shit; maybe build some insignificant sandstone cottage...

also mob towers are very very inefficient due to the new spawning mechanisms in 1.8 onwards. if you want a grinder for drops the best method is still the spawner trap. even so, you'll probably have to afk for ~1h to get substantial amounts of arrows/bones...

I could build wheat and mushroom and pumpkins / melon farms fer daayssss

(provided someone finds a slime chunk of course...)
you mean giant mushroom farms? (i keep forgetting about those; i miss the old mushroom spreading system so much)

oh and there's a minimap mod that has a slimechunk display function.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)