Media Minecraft Discussion Thread

Hey guys, I recently jumped into minecraft and I like it a lot, so I'd like to play online for a bit; is the IP in the first post still the correct one? I ask because there's been talk about a new server somewhere on this last page.
Actually, don't listen to Ben. Fill out this form because it is more convenient for us to have everyone's name for reference.

I need to know how much it is to buy. Most importantly I need to know whether it is worth buying. For me the game seems so simple to be bought for a price. please correct me if I am wrong.
Here is a demo of the game, go ahead and try it! I don't know how much is on the demo, but it is worth a shot!

So is it really coming to the Xbox Live Arcade or was that just a joke against non-PC gamers?
It is Zach, but as for how good a job they do of porting it is still kind of a mystery...

I've done a bit of cheating so to speak. I was looking at the map seed in creative, to look for a mushroom biome, so I don't overextend the map on the server.

I haven't been able to find one after hunting. I've gone in big circles, starting from spawn, out and out and out to about 4000 blocks away from spawn..I wonder if they even show up anymore.

Anyone have any ideas? I would really like to get a hold of some mycelium and some mooshrooms. ):

I've done a bit of cheating so to speak. I was looking at the map seed in creative, to look for a mushroom biome, so I don't overextend the map on the server.

I haven't been able to find one after hunting. I've gone in big circles, starting from spawn, out and out and out to about 4000 blocks away from spawn..I wonder if they even show up anymore.

Anyone have any ideas? I would really like to get a hold of some mycelium and some mooshrooms. ):
Well considering how extremely vast a Minecraft world can be, you could be looking for a while...just remember mushroom biomes (I believe) are islands, so maybe hit up the seas?

Why did you guys say you wanted an "organic spawn" like last time if you didn't want ugly shit everywhere? You must remember how much of a clusterfuck LSB used to look like.

Not that I can actually judge since I can't get on the server for another 7 1/2 weeks. I just preferred the organised spawn we had on the tragically short-lived second map. It was more aesthetically appealing, organised, and at least you didn't have people building a million stupid floating platforms everywhere.

there's a diff. between a not so pretty house and a giant bee penis.
I don't mind it being a clusterfuck but that shit is really really ugly :D

But yeah a middleground wouldve been better.
make a lay-out for spawn but let people build their own houses (with the warning that if its an ugly bee peen it will get destroyed!) and have something really cool in the center of it. Oh well, too late now , unless we change spawn point on this map ...

also don't get your panties in a twist, workin on the server.

EDIT:

server is back up you panicking twats ;) nothing got wiped ^^ there probably is a very very small rollback however... nothing to get all pissed about.

also offline =/= broken -.- don't jump to conclusions ^^

Actually, it looks like what he's using to find the chunks is Rei's minimap: There's a function in the options that lets you highlight slime chunks.
Was just trying to be helpfull... also minimaps take the fun out of the game! :D jk

It wasn't just offline, it was going on and off and lagging all over.

It was a little broken.
meh, it's back now :) it was probably a bukkit fluke as it isnt at the recommended build yet.
also lag =/= broken ; lag = memory usage going thru the roof.
also was none of the other admins online on irc/mc at the time? :/

all it needed was a reboot..

OH WELL it's back now *yay* you kids have fun <3

*looks at smogcraft online*

*looks down at sketch*

*throws sketch into trash can*

Yay, smogcraft is back. Now we get to have more fun!

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
there's a diff. between a not so pretty house and a giant bee penis.
I don't mind it being a clusterfuck but that shit is really really ugly :D

But yeah a middleground wouldve been better.
make a lay-out for spawn but let people build their own houses (with the warning that if its an ugly bee peen it will get destroyed!) and have something really cool in the center of it. Oh well, too late now , unless we change spawn point on this map ...
this was actually the plan for smogcraft 2.0, but nobody stuck to it, i guess because building spawn took so long

edit: and no, no-one was online for a good few hours

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey, see those massively explored outer areas, if you clowns keep doing that you might as well play in single player.

Honestly when I though they said organic spawn, I thought that would mean keeping oddball structures at least a bit away from the main point...

Define oddball?
Meant more like the giant faces and the near-unanimous "ugly bee tower", I mean don't get me wrong I'm not saying those are bad (I do enjoy the art effort made by whoever made those, even if I still dunno who's face that's supposed to be, and someone's eventually going to "accidentally light that bee tower up with flint/tinder), but you'd think people wouldn't make them like right near the spawn house, like when I exit the community spawn building point, you know I go left and bam, they're kinda right in your faces. Like maybe move them a bit more off to the side or something it what I was thinking so it's like not right next to where you come out at.

Map of the world

http://i.imgur.com/RhHnC.jpg

(you can save it by rightclicking the image and select "save image as...")
Ooh is that another village I see up in the upper left? Or that just another housing development?

What're the small orange blocks as well, that's just exposed lava or something?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)