Media Minecraft Discussion Thread

Well you can "almost" see my sand castle...maybe building it by the hotel wasn't the best ideal, but it was the only free space for it :(

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
lol HC... also if anyone wants to make a combo cave spider/zombie spawner trap type thing lemme know because gk and i found an abandoned mineshaft with tons of fun things

edit: question for people planning shit-- what depth should i tunnel for a train between oho and spawn? I would ASSUME 43 like last time but idk if we're gonna do that or do something cool with some sections like pretty aboveground rails or idk

I think something above 40 would be good to avoid slime chunks which may or may not be a problem. Just something to keep in consideration.

Also you'd want the train to travel as diagonally as possible instead of going in one direction till you reach the x-ordinate and then turning till you reach the z (or vice versa). This is because the carts travel faster if they're travelling diagonally because minecraft physics.

Also sorry shinryu :( I didn't know you = xezat either. I'll edit in a screenie of your sandcastle too since it is pretty cool, esp since you used mostly sand and not sandstone.

lol HC... also if anyone wants to make a combo cave spider/zombie spawner trap type thing lemme know because gk and i found an abandoned mineshaft with tons of fun things

edit: question for people planning shit-- what depth should i tunnel for a train between oho and spawn? I would ASSUME 43 like last time but idk if we're gonna do that or do something cool with some sections like pretty aboveground rails or idk
I really think we should do a nether minecart station this time around, it's soooo much faster, it doesn't take as much iron, and there are plenty of ways to keep pigmen from spawning inside.

The problem with nether portals is that they're all messed up. For example, if you go through the nether portal in Oho Oasis to the nether and try and enter the same portal, you get sent to x1043 z-300 or something. Which is nowhere near Oho Oasis. If there was a way to make sure the netherportals matched up properly then I'd be all for a nether rail.

Atleast getting rails isnt as much of an issue since abandoned mineshafts have tons of them. Asdfy and I explored one such mineshaft and we hadn't even finished exploring and we had 2 stacks each. The rail to Oho should only take around 15 stacks of rails and like half a stack of booster rails. That shouldn't be too hard to manage.

The problem with nether portals is that they're all messed up. For example, if you go through the nether portal in Oho Oasis to the nether and try and enter the same portal, you get sent to x1043 z-300 or something. Which is nowhere near Oho Oasis. If there was a way to make sure the netherportals matched up properly then I'd be all for a nether rail.

Atleast getting rails isnt as much of an issue since abandoned mineshafts have tons of them. Asdfy and I explored one such mineshaft and we hadn't even finished exploring and we had 2 stacks each. The rail to Oho should only take around 15 stacks of rails and like half a stack of booster rails. That shouldn't be too hard to manage.
Yeah I found that out last night too when I took the nether portal for fun, someone looked like they were making something neat out there though.

Temple's now under server construction. Here's what's done so far.

The way the temple operates is by a central room that leads off in other directions. The room directly ahead from there leads to the shrine room itself, but there's a catch:

The room's locked by a 12 lever code and the clues to it are scattered across the rest of the temple. If you don't solve this big puzzle the only thing awaiting you is firey death ahead.

Hopefully it'll be an excellent challenge when it's complete!

HolyChipmunk

California's finest chodesmuggler
Temple's now under server construction. Here's what's done so far.

The way the temple operates is by a central room that leads off in other directions. The room directly ahead from there leads to the shrine room itself, but there's a catch:

The room's locked by a 12 lever code and the clues to it are scattered across the rest of the temple. If you don't solve this big puzzle the only thing awaiting you is firey death ahead.

Hopefully it'll be an excellent challenge when it's complete!
Thank looks absolutely amazing Wyv, can't wait to try it out!

The good news is I've discovered that if I connect to the internet via wireless I can connect to the server!

The bad news is that is loads a couple of chunks and then stops and I don't seem to be able to interact with the world at all.

Well, baby steps I guess.

Might as well mention before I forget that I'm going home either Thursday or Friday, and will be able to record another episode or two of Smogcraft.

What are some places you guys want me to go over? I'm definitely doing spawn and Oho Oasis.

Might as well mention before I forget that I'm going home either Thursday or Friday, and will be able to record another episode or two of Smogcraft.

What are some places you guys want me to go over? I'm definitely doing spawn and Oho Oasis.
(BAN ME PLEASE)ville

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)