Media Minecraft Discussion Thread

Yo.

Quick question: I want to build in Oho Oasis, and for what I have in mind I'll need a large (I mean large) amount of sandstone.

The way I usually get Sandstone in SP is by choosing a desert and digging a giant hole into it, then never visit it again.

Since smogcraft is a multiplayer server, I figured I'd ask first. I'll wander far away for it, but still, when I'm done with the desert, it won't look so pretty anymore. If you guys say you don't want an ugly crater somewhere in the sand, I'll find a different way.
Just don't leave it looking like shit. Dig a big hole in a flat area, then put cobble a layer below with sand on top so the desert still looks the same.

Yo.

Quick question: I want to build in Oho Oasis, and for what I have in mind I'll need a large (I mean large) amount of sandstone.

The way I usually get Sandstone in SP is by choosing a desert and digging a giant hole into it, then never visit it again.

Since smogcraft is a multiplayer server, I figured I'd ask first. I'll wander far away for it, but still, when I'm done with the desert, it won't look so pretty anymore. If you guys say you don't want an ugly crater somewhere in the sand, I'll find a different way.
Or you could do what DanDan did and use end stone, which has a different texture but the same color. It also requires a lot less digging.

Just wanted to share one of my latest creations, done with help of a friend:

We made the track floating in the sky (at y=120 iirc) and then added a black box around it to make it look like the space. We plut glowstone under the track which surprisingly lit it through the wool.

Yeah like Xaq when I was mining sand for my sand castle, I just usually leveled out an area bit by bit.

But yeah, if you're gonna be using sandstone instead, I'd try digging down a bit more in an area to mine the sandstone out of it, then covering it back up to look natural.

Also, how'd DanDan get end stone, thought that meant you had to visit The End (we only found like 1 stronghold didn't we?), which you can't escape normally unless you kill the Enderdragon? Or did I miss it being slain somewhere? Or did he just /spawn out lol...

Either way, I want end stone now, shit is blast resistant to the extreme without being as dark toned as obsidian.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I always dig for sand in shallow water pools but standing outside of water, or by going underwater then digging my way into the sand and covering myself in it so I can dig all of it then get out.

Also endstone is already in Oho as Ag's little UFO, but I'd still ask to be safe.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
no endstone in oho please, the ufo is an exception (since its pretty funny (if you dont know it's filled with chickens))

also the enderdragon was soloed by somebody already which i'm pissed about but w/e

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
On that note:

We have a plan for the End, at some point in the future there will be an End reset so we can fight the dragon all together for lots of fun. However we will be keeping a backup of the End and will restore it once this event is completed.

I haven't made a date for this dragon fight don't ask us, but it will happen!

Would anyone object to me making a house in the end after the epic dragon battle? It's a challenge that I haven't tried before, and I want to see how it would turn out.

no endstone in oho please, the ufo is an exception (since its pretty funny (if you dont know it's filled with chickens))

also the enderdragon was soloed by somebody already which i'm pissed about but w/e
Well that's a bit lame...

Oh well, guess I'll have to pick a day to go End Stone collecting though.

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
server is in a really really bad way atm

dropping every ten minutes, lagging horribly etc

what's going on?

edit: ok it has become unplayable

If you guys are interested, me and az(bot) came up with an idea for the NPC village.

If you haven't noticed already, the quaint little town has been turned into a grave village I have named Skull Town. All over are the graves of the poor testificates that people have taken down over the weeks. But now it's time for them to rise. And our goal is to (ironically) defend the town from a mass invasion of skellies and zombies.

Basically, what we could do is a zombie invasion type of game where we camp out around the town and defend it from enemy mobs. Use whatever you want, just make sure you don't die. The place isn't torched and it should stay that way. Please don't place any torches there.

Skull Town courtesy of me, jamster1297. (azbot helped with the whole game idea of zombie defense).

PS, if a creeper destroys the graves, then fix it. No destruction. Either that, or don't try fighting creepers in the middle of the town. If you don't fix it, then I will find you and I will have to kill you.

That's actually a pretty fun idea, though I hope you quarantine off the surrounding area so the rest of the place doesn't get flooded with mobs.

So its been a while since I posted in this thread, but I have finished another pokemon project. It is a scale replica of the Pokemon Gold and Silver Gengar Sprite. I chose it because it doesnt look like utter crap, and is not as big, or have as diverse range of colors. If you want to see it for yourself, it is in Old Wolfhampton, or right now it is called SYstem Industries (geddit). The coords will be on the Notice Board thing, but it is only about 150 blocks away from spawn anyway, you just turn right and walk.
Here are some pics

Thank You

tennisace

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
attn sidscarf aka buddha: i think we should change the train station building at oho and fix the underground part y/y

Right...well i need to vent..after being farming blazes for over an hour i got to lvl 50 YAY right, spent 20mins trying to get to lvl 50.....good old minecraft rewards my fair hearted sole by GIVING ME UNBREAKING III. rage fills my sorrow heart

http://www.mojang.com/2012/02/14/new-minecraft-map-format-anvil/

The purpose of the new format is to prepare for modding, especially to allow for more block types, but also to improve other areas of the game (such as map height). The changes are:
  • Maximum build height has been increased to 256 (was 128) *this is just an extra 64 air blocks atm*
  • Empty sections of the world are not loaded into memory
  • Block ids have been increased to 4096 (was 256) by adding a 4 bit data layer (similar to how meta data is stored)
  • Block ordering have been changed from x/z/y to y/z/x in order to improve compression
  • Packets for sending chunks have been updated (a full 128-high chunk is smaller than the old format, and a chunk with lots of empty space is much smaller)
  • Biomes are saved per x/z column, which means they can be altered by tools
hnggg

Right...well i need to vent..after being farming blazes for over an hour i got to lvl 50 YAY right, spent 20mins trying to get to lvl 50.....good old minecraft rewards my fair hearted sole by GIVING ME UNBREAKING III. rage fills my sorrow heart
Same thing happened to me, that's why I've just given up on enchanting until Jeb realizes it's total garbage and fixes it.

Also that Anvil thing means my plans for the jungle city just got a whole lot better...

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
sexy as fuck!!

just want that map converter aaaa

eta: oh its in the snapshot along with all this

gr8 gr8 gr8! gj jeb!

@tennisace

Yea sure thing, I just made the overground bit because I was bored and decided having something there was better than nothing at all. Although, I am going to say that I propose we shift it somewhere else. At the moment the train station blocks a great view of the beach. I propose shifting it to the hills behind the wheat farm and possibly near the animal farm / entrance to the skele trap. If not I was thinking we could make it underwater.

As for fixing the underground part don't ask me. All I'd think of is replacing all the stone with stone bricks and putting lava in the walls or something :p. I'll probably be on later tonight so I'll see what I can do then.

Also something needs to be done about the nether portal it sticks out like a sore thumb right now :/

tennisace

@tennisace

Yea sure thing, I just made the overground bit because I was bored and decided having something there was better than nothing at all. Although, I am going to say that I propose we shift it somewhere else. At the moment the train station blocks a great view of the beach. I propose shifting it to the hills behind the wheat farm and possibly near the animal farm / entrance to the skele trap. If not I was thinking we could make it underwater.
Well, we could move the aboveground part pretty easily, that isn't the problem. I thought Xaquais was going to make a smoothie shop in that little plot, and underneith that would be the train station. If you want to shift the station underwater that's fine I guess.

As for fixing the underground part don't ask me. All I'd think of is replacing all the stone with stone bricks and putting lava in the walls or something :p. I'll probably be on later tonight so I'll see what I can do then.
The underground part I'm concerned about is the fact that the rails don't work exactly like a station right now (the redstone isn't correctly connected like the old smogcraft stations). If someone could work with me on that sometime that would be great.

Also something needs to be done about the nether portal it sticks out like a sore thumb right now :/
I wanted it on that island because I thought it would be cool, what about a green warp pipe somewhere? It is Oho Oasis...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)