Media Minecraft Discussion Thread

I'll try all that, thanks!

A more immideate problem: I can't connect to our server anymore. It's first stuck at "Logging in..." and then it says "Disconnected by server - took too long to log in".

It clearly says one person is online. wtf...

Edit: Okay I'm an idiot. MAYBE IT'S BECAUSE I'M ON 1.2.3 and the server is still 1.1?? >.<' *facepalm*

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Gahhh... got the same problem. Guess my first trip to the Smogcraft server will have to be delayed.

I'm quite new to playing on servers... how often do they update?

Finally changed my fourm name to Chival =D
also, an update on Plae Pass for you guys =)
a nice picture looking towards the opposite side of the towers seen in the first pic and a map of the Town (thanks to renegade for that =) )

Ah yes, pale pass. I think I might come back there to live there for now. Of course, I forget the coords to the place. Could you repeat them to me again?

It looks like a lot has changed since I was there by the looks of the pics you showed. Can't wait to see what's changed.

Just bought the game after wanting it for a long time, already applied for whitelist :3

People have told me there is an impending update of the smogcraft server to the most recent version, and that it's probably not worth downgrading just to get on with it coming so soon, so I'll probably just play single player for a few days.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
People have told me there is an impending update of the smogcraft server to the most recent version, and that it's probably not worth downgrading just to get on with it coming so soon, so I'll probably just play single player for a few days.
Yeah this is true. Also I haven't been on in a long while but once 1.2 updates I'm going to do some work in oho (read: recommissioning the current tree farm and making a new one that accomodates jungle trees and is a lot larger than the current). If anyone wants the current tree farm shell lemme know what you want to do with it!

I made a quick little light system that I will probably use in Cobalt Cove if Layell approves of it. You guys are free to use it. If you want to make many of these and hook them up to a single switch, the wiring is easy to tweak.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I would like to ask anyone who has some idea of how to make nether portals that actually work get one around Cobalt Cape because this thing is just not working at all and is driving me insane.

And yeah I approve SM go for it.

So I decided to explore 1.2.3, and realized it's super buggy. My game will randomly crash, delete the world, and of course these very odd generated structures and circumstances in the jungle. I would like to stress that I am not in creative, have no mods, and everything seen is completely unaltered.
These first couple are actually just some a neat Jungle Ravine

Now for the weird stuff

So after these shot's the world deleted itself and I came back with the same seed for a second time to find this

Cow's erywhere
If anyone wants to check this out and see if you get the same thing the seed is Buffalo Sea there should be a desert fairly close to spawn, travel across that to find a jungle and to your right within it should be the begining of odd things.

Also just wondering if anyone else has experienced anything like this? Like the world deleting itself and other buggyness with 1.2.

I would like to ask anyone who has some idea of how to make nether portals that actually work get one around Cobalt Cape because this thing is just not working at all and is driving me insane.
I'll do it once the server is updated to 1.2; I already updated my client and I don't want to mess with downgrading it.

If the server is already updated to 1.2.3,
why do I still get the "Took too long to log in" - error? :(

edit: I just joined #smogcraft, and it says "save jar file to play on the server".
I have no idea what is meant by that. Explanation? :)

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I also get the "Took too long to log in" error. I can see the server message and that two people (as of the time of writing) are logged on. The green triangle stuff says "129ms". I play on 1.2.3. Anybody have any idea what's wrong?

If the server is already updated to 1.2.3,
why do I still get the "Took too long to log in" - error? :(

edit: I just joined #smogcraft, and it says "save jar file to play on the server".
I have no idea what is meant by that. Explanation? :)
It means that you need to keep your minecraft.jar file from 1.1, so that you can switch your 1.2.2 one to the 1.1 one when you want to play on the server.
The minecraft.jar can be located by typing
%appdata% in the search bar for Windows Vista and up, pressing Enter.
You will see the .minecraft folder, click it. You will see a 'bin' folder. Click it.

Inside is a minecraft jar file. They determine the things in your game as well as your game version. So what you should of done, is keep a copy of the 1.1 version until the server updates. So that whenever you are bored of 1.2 single player and want to play on the currently 1.1 server, you swap the minecraft.jars around.
If it is too late for you, you can look for a minecraft downgrader, that will allow you to downgrade your minecraft.jar (eg. from 1.2.3 to 1.1)

Here is a link to one:
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/284331-tool-mc-downgrader-the-time-machine-for-minecraft/

I also get the "Took too long to log in" error. I can see the server message and that two people (as of the time of writing) are logged on. The green triangle stuff says "129ms". I play on 1.2.3. Anybody have any idea what's wrong?
It is because you are on 1.2.3, the server has not updated yet. I will explain why:

Smogcraft runs some bukkit server build, which gives the players abilities such as logblock and other anti-griefing protections, without this bukkit build, everyone is open to griefeing, and within a matter of days my precious wool gengar will be burnt to a crisp, and I will not be able to know who it is.

Bukkit however takes time to update, the people who are behind it, have to update their server build, so others can use it, however updating it requires having to adapt to potentially new engines and things like that. For this reason, smogcraft remains 1.1 until a 1.2 bukkit build comes out.

When it says 129ms, that is your ping, which tests how strong your connection is, the lower the ping the better. Really good ping is around 50-100, while 129 is quite good. And I sit at 400 ping (300 on good days), so that ping is quite good

Again if you want a minecraft downgrader to downgrade your minecraft version, then click the link I gave to RotatingAtom

I got sick and tired of waiting, so I've upgraded to 1.2.3. I'm guessing the server hasn't updated yet because it takes forever to log in.

Also, how can you identify jungles? I'm in creative mode, and while I see there is a new tree, I am finding a lot of normal looking trees with gigantic bushes sticking out of them, making them taller than the other type of tree I'm growing.

Jungles are huge trees with vines, and a shitload of green with a leafy floor. Mountains may or may not be part of jungles.

Basically, if yu see tall trees with umbrella canopies, you're at a jungle.

HolyChipmunk

California's finest chodesmuggler
Were nether portals messed up? The Portal at my house used to end up at the Oho portal, but now it goes to some random one that leads to a swamp...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)