Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Funny, going back and forth on a page with a battle message should advance the PNRG by two, correct? I did so 410 times (along with my two turns and the 128 steps with 5 pokémon, would result in 827), but the highest frame to the Shaymin I caught is... 117... How come 820 became 110?

Supe

would you suck the poison out
does switching to the step counter affect anything? I don't want to have to actually count each individual step...

Funny, going back and forth on a page with a battle message should advance the PNRG by two, correct? I did so 410 times (along with my two turns and the 128 steps with 5 pokémon, would result in 827), but the highest frame to the Shaymin I caught is... 117... How come 820 became 110?

Areal: I was doing the same thing for my zapdos, and the first time I had the same result, where I came up short. The battle a trainer message does not affect the RNG, only caught a pokemon does. Suggestion to speed it up is catch like 5 pokemon on one day.

Supe: no

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Thanks, Light. I was almost doing the same mistake again, lol.

EDIT: Errm, I did as you said, but only the last pokémon is shown on Journal...

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Areal: I was doing the same thing for my zapdos, and the first time I had the same result, where I came up short. The battle a trainer message does not affect the RNG, only caught a pokemon does. Suggestion to speed it up is catch like 5 pokemon on one day.

Supe: no
Lightning has done some more testing and verified that trainer defeats do not advance the RNG, only wild captures. I can't seem to make wild defeats even show up on the journal at will, so it makes those hard to test. I do have one from a long time ago showing, but could not reproduce.

Going to update the OP advancement list to specify only "Captured" pokemon and remove referenced to defeated until we can figure that out. Thanks, LF!

Thanks, Light. I was almost doing the same mistake again, lol.

EDIT: Errm, I did as you said, but only the last pokémon is shown on Journal...
Thanks for the catch, I am going to update the OP.

So here's a less complex question...

You know how you can make note of the time that you got a certain shiny spread that you would like to re-use again? How specifically do you have to know the time to pull this off? Minutes, or seconds?

You know how you can make note of the time that you got a certain shiny spread that you would like to re-use again? How specifically do you have to know the time to pull this off? Minutes, or seconds?
You probably need to know all of it, the full date and estimated delay. I don't know, and won't do it since I can use RNG reporter.

Hey, I'm trying to get this to work for IV breeding, but I'm having a bit of trouble (even at the calibration step). I thought I'd list out exactly what I'm doing so people can point out exactly where I'm messing up.

1) I've synched the DS clock with my computer's clock to the second.
2) I have an egg at the daycare center. I stand in front of him, and turn off the DS when the clocks reaches the next minute (ex: 18:57:00)
3) I put in my AR + Pokemon game, and press start at 18:58:00, then repeatedly press A (until I get the egg) [Unsure on this step, do I need to start AR at a particular time?]
4) I catch a pokemon, do an IV check using AR.
5) I open RNG Reporter -> Initial Seed Finder, enter the nature/IVs and date (2009-05-04), and I choose 18:57:00 for the time [is this the right time to enter?]
6) Press Find
7) I then use Method Breeding (DPPt), with the Seed (Hex) entered (it automatically appeared after I did the initial seed finder), and I press Generate. (ID and SID is also entered).

Haven't tried the next step, because my 'delay' and 'seconds' seem way off from the typical..
Reposting in case it was missed.

You would need to reproduce the exact seed again- minutes seconds and delay. Correct me if I'm wrong though, I'm not 100% sure.

You probably need to know all of it, the full date and estimated delay. I don't know, and won't do it since I can use RNG reporter.
So just what the RNG reporter fields require? Or do you think I'd need to time it a certain way too (besides aforementioned delay)? I know you can use RNG Reporter, and in fact I am, but I figured for example, I find like a 2-tap spread that I'd like to abuse in the future. So I make note of the info so I can come back to it for other pokes. That's easier than SRing for days for a target spread again that could be in the upper hundreds.

EDIT: thanks oddsok, when I get a spread worth doing this for I'll try it out.

For some strange reason my delay is changing from even to odd after each reset. I haven't saved or anything like that and I end up with a delay of 620 one reset, 627 the next. It it very odd.

Is there anything I can do to test what would change the offset from odd>even or visa versa? I think it would be very helpful if we could figure out how to control our delay more so than is possible now.

For some strange reason my delay is changing from even to odd after each reset. I haven't saved or anything like that and I end up with a delay of 620 one reset, 627 the next. It it very odd.

Is there anything I can do to test what would change the offset from odd>even or visa versa? I think it would be very helpful if we could figure out how to control our delay more so than is possible now.
Try playing around with a GBA Cart in the GBA Slot. I heard that can stableize your delay to odd or even. I get odd Delay, even after saving, but if I put a GBA game in, I get even.

I think oddsok's game changed based upon the save, like even at first, then after a save it changes to odd. Mine functions like yours does though, Darkprophet.

Wow, this has really come along since the time that I made my program! Great work, everyone! I've got a few questions for you all regarding IV Breeding:

1. Would you all say that there is more work to be done, but less harsh timing/precision/"randomness" (i.e. landing on a certain fraction of a second) involved for IV breeding with the DP PRNG as opposed to with the Emerald PRNG? It would seem like your rapid button tapping will typically be at very similar paces, although if it's even a slight bit off of your "typical" pace, it won't work, right?

2. So, the offset is essentially how many steps the various visible NPCs took between appearing in Solaceon and ending the dialogue with the old man to accept the egg? Therefore, if it's not the number you're looking for, you reset without having to ride around and hatch the egg, change the clock back to what it was on that "failed attempt", and try again?

3. Are there any specifics about when/where to catch a Pokémon after receiving the egg in the calibration step?

4. When changing the time on the DS, if you type in "12:00" (just an example) for the time and tap "Confirm", does it immediately become 12:00:00 the instant you release the tap on "Confirm", or is there some kind of delay like there is on a PC?

5. What is it about a chained shiny that makes it unable to assist in calculating your SID?

Thanks!

Wow, this has really come along since the time that I made my program! Great work, everyone! I've got a few questions for you all regarding IV Breeding:

1. Would you all say that there is more work to be done, but less harsh timing/precision/"randomness" (i.e. landing on a certain fraction of a second) involved for IV breeding with the DP PRNG as opposed to with the Emerald PRNG? It would seem like your rapid button tapping will typically be at very similar paces, although if it's even a slight bit off of your "typical" pace, it won't work, right?

2. So, the offset is essentially how many steps the various visible NPCs took between appearing in Solaceon and ending the dialogue with the old man to accept the egg? Therefore, if it's not the number you're looking for, you reset without having to ride around and hatch the egg, change the clock back to what it was on that "failed attempt", and try again?

3. Are there any specifics about when/where to catch a Pokémon after receiving the egg in the calibration step?

4. When changing the time on the DS, if you type in "12:00" (just an example) for the time and tap "Confirm", does it immediately become 12:00:00 the instant you release the tap on "Confirm", or is there some kind of delay like there is on a PC?

5. What is it about a chained shiny that makes it unable to assist in calculating your SID?

Thanks!
1.) I never tried Emerald RNG abuse, but, on my first attempt, I was able to hit my spread in 35 minutes. Seems much easier than Emerald...

2.) I'm not sure of what the offset is. All I know is I seem to get 7 all the time.

3.) I just ran to the route south of solaceon, caught a mon, and checked. I think if you run a certain number of steps you advance the RNG, but, I haven't read much into it.

4.) Becomes 12:00:00. There is a slight delay (DS clock was slightly behind my external clock if I hit "A" the exact time I hit HH:MM:00)

5.) I dunno that one, someone with more experience may be able to answer this.

I only figured out the RNG tonight, so, I don't know a ton. :/

Although I have not tried to exploit the Emerald RNG, I do understand how it works, and so can say that yeah, it probably is easier to time, takes less overall time, because you might not have to wait 20 mins for a certain spread. I would say that it does take more practice and effort though. The multiple steps of calibration to figure out whether your delay is even/odd and to stabilize you offset.

Yes, that's pretty much it, although you need to save again so that the NPCs are in a different position (ie. they move at a different time to your previous save.) Also the NPCs move whether or not they are visible to you. You do still have to hatch the egg if you are checking the IVs without an AR, because that is the only way you can figure out the offset of the egg. Keep this in mind- you want the offset of the egg, not the caught pokemon. But you can automatically reset if your delay is not right.
I have access to codes, so I can check the IVs with any level pokemon, so I just use Solaceon town. If you need to check the IVs the old fashioned way I'd suggest th Resrot Area as it has the highest level wild pokemon in the game (I think.) If you are in Plat though you can get very high leveled Magikarps (not sure where though.)
Nope, it become exactly :00. There is no (or very little) delay.

The mechanics for getting a shiny via chaining is very different to normal and doesn't include your ID/SID in the formula, so it is impossible to work backwards with a chained shiny.

Thanks!

So you get nothing at all but bashful? Is the frame always the same? Or are you just getting a lot of bashfuls? You really need to provide more specific information here.
No, as in i have tried the RNG trick (not IV exploitation) abot 20-30 times, and maybe 15+ have come up for shiny bashful nature. I remember the first four times i tried, i got bashful, serious, bashful, mild (decent), and it was really frustrating. Its just that the only viable shiny (usually only one decent amount of taps) is bashful nature for me, i just want to know whether anyone is having this happen to them. And no its not the same frame.

I have not done Emerald abuse, nor do I know how. While tapping at a constant pace usually yields consistent results, sometimes if your pace is a little slow or fast it is made up for with a slight difference in the synchronization of the ds to the external clock.

The offset includes all NPCs in Solaceon town, so when accepting the egg you have no idea what the offset is. I have been doing this process without an AR, so I must ride around, hatch the egg, rare candy to check IVs, then find my offset. If it is not what I'm looking for, next time I set the clocks I save before SRing to allow the NPCs to be at a different point, and give me another chance at my offset.

Most people use ARs and do not have to worry about this (IV check code). Those without it catch the highest level pokemon possible (Resort Area or around there) and give a rare candy or two to find IVs for the initial seed.

I've found that to get the clocks to synchronize as close as possible I must press "A" on my DS slightly before the external clock flips to :00.

I'm not sure, but I know there's plenty of more knowledgeable people who could easily explain this.

Thanks!

I'm not sure about everyone else, but for me it would help a lot if I were able to search a range of offsets when looking for a spread for an egg's IVs. I always have to re-save and end up changing my offset, so if I were able to target my offset it would make things so much easier. I end up having to go through the offsets systematically and then re-save and hope for that offset, but if I knew all the different range of spread over different offsets I would be able to choose one much more suitable for me depending on my delay (even/odd)

I'm gonna give this a try later...

There is a 31/30/30/31/31/31 Naive HP Ice Heatran(shoddy says that spread exists) waiting to be captured. Anyone found the date/time?

This is bs. I can't get the correct Offset it seems. I spend 2 hours last night resetting and was getting nowhere near my spread. Then I changed my Offset settings to 8, and I find the 31/31/4/31/31/31 spread there, but only AFTER I had changed the Offset manually again >_<

Found another great spread:

Modest, 31/31/31/31/31/31, HP Dark 70

1/1/2009, 1:02:00, Delay 618, Offset 5944

The offset will take some time, but I think it's worth it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)