Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

the cause is for the RNG reporter to find where in the RNG run you are. that way it'll know what spreads are coming, therefore telling you which shiny spreads are where

Hello, I just joined this forum just to post here (that much is obvious), and I would like some help in finding out my Secret ID in Pearl. I have two naturally caught shinies, but unfortunately, they have been raised many levels. Will they still work in retrieving the ID? If so, I'll definitely need help in figuring out the math. Numbers and I don't get along very well.

I have to ask before I can download it, who wrote the RNG Reporter program? And have there been ANY issues with it? My dad is super careful with his comp, so I can't download anything without permission.

Is the end result of that equation the PID of the Pokemon? If so, it seems a little (difficult) math could figure out a perfect set for most legendaries.

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hello, I just joined this forum just to post here (that much is obvious), and I would like some help in finding out my Secret ID in Pearl. I have two naturally caught shinies, but unfortunately, they have been raised many levels. Will they still work in retrieving the ID? If so, I'll definitely need help in figuring out the math. Numbers and I don't get along very well.
Can you erase their EVs with berries?

Im ready to start breeding using PRNG then! Thanks Syberia
Shiny Slowbro, here I come!

So just a quick review

follow steps
Catch a pokemon and have 4 in my party so I have 5?

Pokemon 1: Parent A
Pokemon 2: Parent B
Pokemon 3: Sweet Scenter
Pokemon 4:Flyer
Pokemon 5: Captured pokemon

Do I need to change DS time or anything?

@ TheHuntBegins - Get the next three eggs and see if they match the natures for frame 658, 659, and 660. If so, your ID/SID is wrong. If not, find out where you were in the list to get an idea of what happened.
Shit. I ran the shiny PID test though with two shinies, though, and got the same SID both times. When I put in any of the 8 possible SIDs I'm given, the Reporter's results don't change. Should I get someone else to check for me, then?

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Shit. I ran the shiny PID test though with two shinies, though, and got the same SID both times. When I put in any of the 8 possible SIDs I'm given, the Reporter's results don't change. Should I get someone else to check for me, then?
No. The 8 possible combinations will work the same.

You need 5, and catch a pokemon to have 6. If you do it with 5, the RNGreporter will give you a wrong number for taps. Still possible, but you have to do some math.

Just a nit-picky question.

When you set your Poketch to "the app before the Happiness checker" does that mean literally the one that comes right before it? Or whatever one comes before it that I happen to already have?

Im ready to start breeding using PRNG then! Thanks Syberia
Shiny Slowbro, here I come!

So just a quick review

follow steps
Catch a pokemon and have 4 in my party so I have 5?

Pokemon 1: Parent A
Pokemon 2: Parent B
Pokemon 3: Sweet Scenter
Pokemon 4:Flyer
Pokemon 5: Captured pokemon

Do I need to change DS time or anything?

@Corm

1. Align DS clock with computer clock
2. Make sure watch is not on happiness checker.
3. Get 5 pokes in your party
3. Save game
4. Note clock's time when you hit continue
5. Catch a 6th Poke
6. Check Ivs
7. Find taps
8. Switch to happiness checker (if needed)
9. Do taps (switch to coin flip and do taps there if needed)
10. Go to daycare
11. Put parents in day care
12. Run/Bike until the man has an egg
13. Save infront of the man
14. Take egg (Then hatch if you're not using an AR)
15. Check Ivs
16. If IVs are not what you want, reset the game and repeat 14-16
17. Smile

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)