Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Is it possible to use sweet scent inside a cave to force a battle? I just tried and it failed, but RNG reporter lists encounter slots for Sweet Scent in caves.

Wanna abuse on Ho-Oh and got 2 well let's say nice shiny spreads:

6711025d, 160, d8171406, !!!, Timid, 0, 30, 13, 23, 22, 25, 31, Grass, 48, F, F, F, F
90010235, 344, 776ebb7c, !!!, Timid, 0, 30, 9, 22, 30, 29, 25, Grass, 43, F, M, M, F
-> For which one would you go? Can't really decide second or first^^

Wanna abuse on Ho-Oh and got 2 well let's say nice shiny spreads:

6711025d, 160, d8171406, !!!, Timid, 0, 30, 13, 23, 22, 25, 31, Grass, 48, F, F, F, F
90010235, 344, 776ebb7c, !!!, Timid, 0, 30, 9, 22, 30, 29, 25, Grass, 43, F, M, M, F
-> For which one would you go? Can't really decide second or first^^
I think you should post this in the Discuss My Pokemon, Im sure people will give you some feedback thar.

I would afvise to keep reseting for a better spread...unless you already started your file.

I have a problem, or I just need some clarification.
How does this frame stuff work? Do I need to be on the specified frame when I catch the pokemon (Suicune) or do I need to be on the specified frame when I talk to the pokemon?

I have a problem, or I just need some clarification.
How does this frame stuff work? Do I need to be on the specified frame when I catch the pokemon (Suicune) or do I need to be on the specified frame when I talk to the pokemon?
When you talk to the pokemon, because that is when the PID/IVs are created.

When you talk to the pokemon, because that is when the PID/IVs are created.
So just to be 100% clear on this, if the frame changes AFTER I talk to the pokemon, then I didnt mess up? And also, what about the frame change when I talk to the pokemon? Lets say I hit the correct frame before talking. When I press A, the frame changes. Did I mess up? Sorry if that made no sense >.>

I'm trying to catch my giratina in the Distortion world.
The frame keeps jumping all over the place.
I'm going for frame 55, but I've gotten starting frames of 77, 119, 139, 21, and some other ones. The first page of my journal has a caught bibarel and I've taken that into account, but apart from that I'm not doing any flips or anything. What am I missing?

So just to be 100% clear on this, if the frame changes AFTER I talk to the pokemon, then I didnt mess up? And also, what about the frame change when I talk to the pokemon? Lets say I hit the correct frame before talking. When I press A, the frame changes. Did I mess up? Sorry if that made no sense >.>
I think I know what you are talking about. To be very specific, the PID/IVs are calculated during the little flashing screen before the battle (if I am thinking correctly). However, every pokemon has a certain number of advances associated with them, that they advance the RNG by when you encounter them (see the OP for a full list). Therefore you need to be that many frames ahead of the frame you want to hit (I don't think I'm explaining this too well- there is a better description under the "Catch a Perfect Pokemon" section of the OP). I can answer the other question better, though. If during the battle, something happens to advance the RNG (such as a random number being chosen for the damage formula), it does not affect the pokemon, because it's PID and IVs were already created and set in stone when you talked to it. Does this help at all?

I think I know what you are talking about. To be very specific, the PID/IVs are calculated during the little flashing screen before the battle (if I am thinking correctly). However, every pokemon has a certain number of advances associated with them, that they advance the RNG by when you encounter them (see the OP for a full list). Therefore you need to be that many frames ahead of the frame you want to hit (I don't think I'm explaining this too well- there is a better description under the "Catch a Perfect Pokemon" section of the OP). I can answer the other question better, though. If during the battle, something happens to advance the RNG (such as a random number being chosen for the damage formula), it does not affect the pokemon, because it's PID and IVs were already created and set in stone when you talked to it. Does this help at all?
Hell yes, thank you. I was trying to RNG for Suicune, but I was freaking when the frame jumped all over the place. Thank you. Now where is this "OP" you speak of?

Its the original post, Bosskrow

@All4game; You have to be doing something wrong, the frame doesn't jump without being advanced.
Are you walking? Are you flipping? You know that the starting frame is 12, right?

Its the original post, Bosskrow

@All4game; You have to be doing something wrong, the frame doesn't jump without being advanced.
Are you walking? Are you flipping? You know that the starting frame is 12, right?
Yeah I'm not even walking..
I just tried again, talked to Giratina as soon as the game loaded (I'm saved in front of it), without even checking if I hit my seed. It's on frame 45, so 43 after the first page in the journal advanced it. I don't get it. DX

Just the act of using the Journal (not even flipping the pages, just opening it) can advance the frame a certain number that may be dependent on the individual game. I know that for several people just opening the journal advances the frame by 11 (I know it did for my game when I was resetting for Giratina). Make sure the Journal doesn't pop up when you start the game, and check the frame then (it should be 12).

Komodo

Huff
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Is bebe's Eevee starting frame 1 ?

How would I advance the frame by 1 in the house ? Does bebe turning move the frames ?

If you're using a synchronizer, I suggest swapping it out of the first slot, and trying again.
Shit.
Forgot giratina was method J. For some dumb reason.
So I don't even have a synch, so I can't get the frame I need.
So I'll just try again later. THanks.

I finished creating a PID for an egg.
I have the right nature/abliity in place, and I want to start abusing for IV's.
So now I'm finding my frame that I'm saved on, and I'm pretty sure that I have already.
So whats next?? D: Gahh someone help me :/

Is bebe's Eevee starting frame 1 ?

How would I advance the frame by 1 in the house ? Does bebe turning move the frames ?
Yes, and yes (it's also a Method 1 pokemon by the way). Bebe advances the frame by one every time she turns or steps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)