Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Ok, I'm having a little trouble with RNG Reporter. I'm currently trying to use PikaTimer to hit a delay of 3701 and I'm trying to calibrate if I'm anywhere near my delay by catching the Ho-oh and checking my delay. The problem is, there are no results. Now, I've tried this both with and without a synchronizer.

1) Can RNG Reporter's Seed Finder not go that high?

2) Is there any other method I could use?
I think the maximum is 3600 for the find by IVs option on seed finder, so you can't use it and you could use pokeRNG to find the seed, then insert the seed poekrng gives you into seed to time option in rng reporter, pick any date and time given in seed to time for that seed, insert that date and time into seed finder, input the IVs and nature of the captured pokemonas well select open search, and HG/SS delay in seed finder and clikc flind, then look for the delay with a seed similar to yours or the one closest to your actual delay

this may seem confusing but I can't explain it any other way :(

Save outside the entrance and let the moving NPCs out there advance your frame. If you're not up to it then that's your problem.
I probably should double check that the frame for a certain seed stays the same while in the lab then?

Also, apparently you can tell if the starter is shiny or not when looking in the Pokeball- would this mean that the first Pokemon I look at will cause an increase in frame?

Few questions...

1. In FR/LG, the pokémon there, are they generated through method 1 or 2? I'm talking about legends, mostly Mewtwo.
2. Is getting a Method 2 pokémon easier on a normal game or VBA? (Emerald)
3. Is Latios on Southern Islands spread determined when you talk to the stone, or when the battle begins?
4. The frame skip option, like if I put it to nine, will I skip nine more frames on every ordinary frame? Like instead of 1 I do 10?

I think the maximum is 3600 for the find by IVs option on seed finder, so you can't use it and you could use pokeRNG to find the seed, then insert the seed poekrng gives you into seed to time option in rng reporter, pick any date and time given in seed to time for that seed, insert that date and time into seed finder, input the IVs and nature of the captured pokemonas well select open search, and HG/SS delay in seed finder and clikc flind, then look for the delay with a seed similar to yours or the one closest to your actual delay

this may seem confusing but I can't explain it any other way :(
Ok, well, I searched PokeRNG for the Ho-oh I caught (Docile 22/11/30/7/26/0) and it gave me two seeds. The problem is, neither of them occur on frame one and only one of them even exists today (about 2 hours later than I reset :/). Maybe I'm not understanding exactly what I'm supposed to be doing. ;__; I guess I'll just go for a different spread. :/

am I doing something wrong? to find a higher delay in the time finder I put in the min/max delay 600-999 and the max frame of 200 to be able to get Lugia easier by using emloop... its taking a VERY long time and when it finished (after trying both 2009 and 2010) it had 0 results... am I doing something wrong?

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
am I doing something wrong? to find a higher delay in the time finder I put in the min/max delay 600-999 and the max frame of 200 to be able to get Lugia easier by using emloop... its taking a VERY long time and when it finished (after trying both 2009 and 2010) it had 0 results... am I doing something wrong?
time finder isn't really the better program to use to find spreads, use Wichu's PokeRNG program in the first page its faster and gives more spreads at higher delays

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
time finder isn't really the better program to use to find spreads, use Wichu's PokeRNG program in the first page its faster and gives more spreads at higher delays
Even quicker way, by far: RNG Reporter's Seed Finder, with Open Search checked. It lists lots of spreads with high delays, and does it in about two seconds.

Attempting to RNG a Shiny Starter in Heart Gold, is 128 steps the only way to increase the RNG?
Posting success on this- however, I did have to move the date forward and experiment with my common frame (I was resetting for Totodile, common frame was 101), after about 5 or so resets actually trying for it, success.

Confirming that you do see the Pokemon shiny when looking in the pokeball.

I did not get to look at the other pokemon; but I'm pretty sure they would start at different frames - unless it depends on which one you load the image of first?

I have a question.......
I'm currently SRing for a shiny Naive chimchar, and I supposedly hit a save frame of 6. So I got a good spread, and did the flips and hit my time.
But I didn't hit my frame, it was one lower, so I imagined I actually hit 5 and not 6, so I did it again, and, again, I hit my time but it said I was missing a frame. So I pictured I actually was in save frame 4 :P
But I have kept repeating and it ALWAYS is one frame lower. I am in frame 2 now and it's telling me to go to number 1 XD
What is happening?

I have a question.......
I'm currently SRing for a shiny Naive chimchar, and I supposedly hit a save frame of 6. So I got a good spread, and did the flips and hit my time.
But I didn't hit my frame, it was one lower, so I imagined I actually hit 5 and not 6, so I did it again, and, again, I hit my time but it said I was missing a frame. So I pictured I actually was in save frame 4 :P
But I have kept repeating and it ALWAYS is one frame lower. I am in frame 2 now and it's telling me to go to number 1 XD
What is happening?
This has happend to me before as well. I don't know why it does it. You have to save infront of the guy again and find your save frame again.

This has happend to me before as well. I don't know why it does it. You have to save infront of the guy again and find your save frame again.
that would probably be the simplest solution... the games like to be punks every now and then.... it cuz they kno..... *pc777 is dead*

awwwwwwwwwwwwwww XD
*hates finding save frames*
that would probably be the simplest solution... the games like to be punks every now and then.... it cuz they kno..... *pc777 is dead*
Yeah, I guess it is .-.
Thanks a lot anyway ;)

Fine. i suck at this.
Now I supposedly landed on a frame of 5, And I'm targetting for a frame of 49 so I need to do 22 flips.
But this is insane! The thing lands me on a frame of 40 for some reason, even after doing 22 journal flips! XD
What am I doing wrong?

Fine. i suck at this.
Now I supposedly landed on a frame of 5, And I'm targetting for a frame of 49 so I need to do 22 flips.
But this is insane! The thing lands me on a frame of 40 for some reason, even after doing 22 journal flips! XD
What am I doing wrong?
The 1st thing that comes to mind is your counting incorrectly, turning to 22 pages with caught/defeated pokemon on them, its impossible for you to have a frame lower than 45

Fine. i suck at this.
What am I doing wrong?
Are you sure all the journal flips were on pages with caught/defeated Pokemon?

What's this I'm seeing about Sweet Scent not being consistent in HG/SS? Is it not always +2 or +3 frames (depending on where you use it) from your starting frame (0 + number of roamers) like it is in D/P/Pt?

^Why what are you getting?

Anyone have any advice on how to RNG Red Gyarados in HG/SS? I heard it's impossible but maybe the RNG advances to the closest shiny frame or something.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 26)