Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

and,when i convert the egg PID from hex to bin,thprogram that i found in internet didn't give me any results,why? i knew that a hex number has letters and numbers,but the PID that the pokèsav show me is only numbers...

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
and,when i convert the egg PID from hex to bin,thprogram that i found in internet didn't give me any results,why? i knew that a hex number has letters and numbers,but the PID that the pokèsav show me is only numbers...
A PID is 32 bits. I'm guessing the program you found doesn't handle numbers that large. You average program uses an int datatype which stores signed numbers between +/-2147483647 PIDs on the other hand, need to go to 4294967295.

hamiltonion

Nostalgic
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
and,when i convert the egg PID from hex to bin,the program that i found in internet didn't give me any results,why? i knew that a hex number has letters and numbers,but the PID that the pokèsav show me is only numbers...
It is not necessary that hexadecimal numbers have alphabets. Seeds are in hex, I can remember a few seeds in RNG Reporter with only numbers so yeah it is possible for a hex number with only numbers.

EDIT Ninja'd toast how many times do you do this day man ???????, I already saw you do this to HCZ about 9-10 times. aaaargh

I'm RNGing right now, I'm using the Syberia Ditto and a charmander. I hit my seed, verify with elm calls, put the ditto, then the charmander in the daycare and hatch the egg. I make my joey calls to match frame 3 (1 call) and hatch the egg. Not shiny, wrong Nature.

Settings in the Shiny Egg tab were.

2012/6/7 ALL ALL 14
Nature Modest
Ability Any
Gender Any
Gender Ratio 87.5 12.5
ID and SID entered.

International Parents and HGSS Shiny egg checked (I believe the syberia ditto is not North American)

Do you see anything i'm not doing right, or is it just a fluke?

I'm RNGing right now, I'm using the Syberia Ditto and a charmander. I hit my seed, verify with elm calls, put the ditto, then the charmander in the daycare and hatch the egg. I make my joey calls to match frame 3 (1 call) and hatch the egg. Not shiny, wrong Nature.

Settings in the Shiny Egg tab were.

2012/6/7 ALL ALL 14
Nature Modest
Ability Any
Gender Any
Gender Ratio 87.5 12.5
ID and SID entered.

International Parents and HGSS Shiny egg checked (I believe the syberia ditto is not North American)

Do you see anything i'm not doing right, or is it just a fluke?
As far as I know you can't skip unwanted eggs with phone calls (?). Everytime u take egg from day-care-man it will advande your frame by 1. So the shiny egg will be the third one you get from him if your starting frame is 1. Not sure tho. :s

As far as I know you can't skip unwanted eggs with phone calls (?). Everytime u take egg from day-care-man it will advande your frame by 1. So the shiny egg will be the third one you get from him if your starting frame is 1. Not sure tho. :s
I've read calls to joey advance by 2, ill try just rejecting and see if it helps

I've read calls to joey advance by 2, ill try just rejecting and see if it helps
It does. Joey is the only known NPC to advance the Egg PID RNG frame. But he only does this if he doesn't want a rematch. If he does, it's no advancement. Or inconsistent advancement. One of the two. Just pick a date that's not a Monday (he only rematches on Monday) and you'll be fine.

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
When breeding in HG, I need to hit my delay twice, once for shininess etc. and once for IV's, as we all know. But, when I hit my delay for shininess, and I check my delay with Elm calls, I start at frame 1. So I get the first answer from Elm from that list. But when I go for IV's, I start at the 3rd frame. So it skipped the first 2 calls. Why's that?

When breeding in HG, I need to hit my delay twice, once for shininess etc. and once for IV's, as we all know. But, when I hit my delay for shininess, and I check my delay with Elm calls, I start at frame 1. So I get the first answer from Elm from that list. But when I go for IV's, I start at the 3rd frame. So it skipped the first 2 calls. Why's that?
This happens to me sometimes too, I'm pretty sure that it's because the one NPC moved before you got a chance to open the menu and do the Elm calls.

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
This happens to me sometimes too, I'm pretty sure that it's because the one NPC moved before you got a chance to open the menu and do the Elm calls.
Yeah I was thinking of that too, but the odd thing is, every time I'm RNG'ing for IV's, it skipped the first 2 calls. Always xD And, I never failed at picking up that egg, so I guess it's not that NPC that's screwing me

Well, I've completely given up. No matter what, I'm not able to IV RNG in Pearl or DP. It's like the game doesn't want me to RNG. I took a long break from Pokemon and I'm back. Now, I plan on starting to IV RNG ALL over again. That means I need someone to lead me through it step by step, whether I already know how to do specific parts or not. I need help. I really do. Is anyone willing? v.v

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)