New and "creative" moveset/EV spread thread. Mk. 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tangerine

Where the Lights Are
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
References

First thread
Previous thread

Discussion Rules:

1: Use the readable format to display your movesets or EV spreads. An example would be:

Pokemon Name:(Adding pictures may make it easier to read and visually appealing, however, all pics must come from here)
Moveset Name:
Move 1:
Move 2:
Move 3:
Move 4:
Item:
Ability:
Nature(s):
EVs: Ordered HP/Atk/Def/SpA/SpD/Spe

Description of the set explaining what it is capable of, damage calcs...etc

2: Do not repeat movesets already mentioned in previous posts. If you do not know if a moveset has already been mentioned use the "Search this Thread" before simply posting.

3: Note that this thread is for sets that you've actually tried at least a few times, not something that "might work". If you think something has potential, you can be bothered to use it once or twice before subjecting everyone else to it.

4: If it's not obvious at first glance, say what tier you're planning to use something in.

5: This is for competitive, serious movesets only. Don't post joke sets.

6: Post a description along with your moveset. This should be obvious.

7: If another Pokemon does the set better, don't post it. This means don't post things like Toxic Stall Infernape, etc.

Failure to follow the rules will result in your post being deleted and possibly infracted. This thread will now be under close moderator surveillance so I recommend actually following the rules, especially rule 3.

Thanks.

Shiftry @ Life Orb
Ability: Early Bird
EVs: 252 Attack, 56 Special Attack, 200 Speed
Nature: Naughty
Moveset:
-Fake Out
-Sucker Punch
-Leaf Storm
-Explosion

Kind of a gimmick set I came up a while ago. The idea of this set is to take out sweepers weakened by Stealth Rock, finishing of pokemon trying to set up, or revenge killing stuff as Gyarados and Salamence who have already taken a hit or two. The combination of Fake Out and Sucker Punch is nice, since Fake Out might as well do the extra damage you will need to OHKO with a STAB Life Orbed Sucker Punch coming from a base 100 attack stat.

200 Speed EVs makes 246 Speed, which makes you able of outspeeding Jolly Tyranitar so you can either hit it with Leaf Storm or just explode on it. It also has a few more speed EVs than standard Gallade, in case you want to explode on that instead or if you dont want to use Sucker Punch risking it using Swords Dance.

Leaf Storm will hit physical walls thinking you are fully physical, such as Gliscor, Donphan, Hippowdon, Vaporeon, Suicune, etc. Using Seed Bomb and going all physical is an option, but this could simply be outclassed by a Swords Dance set. Hidden Power Fire could also be an option, since this set completely gets walled by Steel types such as Registeel. Then again, this will make you unable to hit those other physical walls.

Explosion is some kind of last resort in case you're close to fainting, or if something like Snorlax tries to to scare you away.

Pokemon Name: Flygon
Moveset Name: Sleep Talker
Move 1: Rest
Move 2: Sleep Talk
Move 3: Outrage / Stone Edge
Move 4: Earthquake / U-Turn
Item: Leftovers / Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Nature(s): Jolly (+Spe, -SpA)
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 16 SpD / 80 Spe

Description: This set is intended to take advantage of Flygon's excellent typing and ability, granting it many resistances and two immunities. Flygon is capable of dishing out offense, but many times you will find yourself trapped in Outrage too early, or maybe you just hate when that Heat Wave or Fire Blast, from Zapdos or Heatran, respectively, burns you. This set tries to remedy that while giving Flygon the ability to revenge kill/check several threats in the current metagame.

Moves: Rest + Sleep Talk are obvious, as the title is referring to them. Rest allows Flygon to rid itself of annoying statuses, such as burn and poison, as well as bringing its HP to 100%. Sleep Talk prevents Flygon from becoming setup fodder while it is asleep, and allows it to absorb sleep too.

As far as the other moves are concerned, there are plenty of options, but his STAB moves are recommended. I designed this set around Outrages flaws, and is really Flygon's best option when paired with Rest + Sleep Talk. STAB Earthquake is there for "checking" modern threats, most of which take atleast neutral from ground, although if that is the case then I sugget using some other pokemon, as this Flygon's advantage is using its Subpar attack score to kill some vital pokemon with super effective hits. However, if you opt for other coverage, then Stone Edge is your best bet. It retains coverage on Salamence, and it hurts Gyarados + Zapdos too. It pairs well with EQ, as Ground + Rock provides solid coverage. Another option is U-Turn > Earthquake. This allows you to scout which Hidden Power the opponent's Zapdos has, thus allowing you to send in your Swampert or other ground which is not 4x weak to ice. So here are the most efficient combinations:

I have tested all of these, and the order they are in is how effective I found them to be.

Outrage + Earthquake-This is by far the most effective combination. He isn't using attack EVs so STAB is really needed, and STAB Outrage has 180 power, which isn't much less than a super effective Stone Edge. It also abused the Sleep Talk theme, and with Earthquake I could revenge kill Lucario and Heatran.

Stone Edge + Earthquake-
This worked decently, until I realized that Stone Edge was doing shit to Gyarados, and it was better to send in my bulky water, which I already had for certain Heatrans.

Outrage + U-Turn-
U-Turn did fairly well against Zapdos, especially since I had a CursePert waiting, but the lack of STAB Earthquake really hurt the set, as I couldn't take down Lucario or Tyranitar, and I would have to stall against Heatran.

Other moves I have tested include Fire Blast and Fire Punch, neither of which were doing any significant damage to the pokemon Flygon can switch into.

A few threats that this Flygon is capable of "checking" that the Choice Bander or Roosting sets cannot handle include: Toxi/Sub Heatran, Rhyperior, Lucario, Gengar, Rotom-A, Tyranitar, SubRoost Zapdos, ToxiStall Vaporeon, etc. The main objective of this set is to use Rest as a recovery mechanism, but it can also absorb sleep from the main users with little risk:

359 Atk Breloom's Superpower vs. 364 HP/236 Def Flygon:54.39%-64.01%
359 SpA Gengar's Shadow Ball vs. 364 HP/200 SpD Flygon:42.85%-50.27%

These are the most offensive sleepers in OU, and Breloom's calculation is assuming Choice Scarf with a Jolly nature, because if he has an Adamant nature he likely isn't using Superpower, and Focus Punch will be disrupted roughly 66.67% of the time by EQ or Outrage. So even if you don't predict correctly, neither one of these pokemon are likely going to 2HKO you (Breloom has a slight chance), so absorbing sleep should be easy enough. Let's take a look at how much this takes from common threats:

All assuming 364 HP / 236 Def / 200 SpD:
400 Atk Rhyperior's Stone Edge: 25.27%-29.67% 4-5HKO
400 Atk +2 Rhyperior's Stone Edge: 50.27%-59.06% 2-3HKO
403 Atk CB Tyranitar's Crunch: 60.98%-71.42% 2HKO-Need to revenge
350 Atk +2 LO Lucario's Extremespeed: 60.98%-71.70% Switch into SD
359 SpA Heatran's Fire Blast: 31.86%-37.63% 3-4HKO

Although these may seem miniscule, switching into resisted and neutral hits are what this Flygon is meant for, as there is no possible way Flygon can act as a pure wall, or even a tank for that matter. This set is just a great check for these pokemon and it isn't bothered by status, so you can pack one of these alongside your bulky water to beat any Heatran you come by. Now for some offensive calculations against the aforementioned threats:

All assuming 236 Atk:
vs. 434 HP/296 Def Rhyperior: 32.67%-38.11% 3-4HKO
vs. 404 HP/256 Def Tyranitar: 50%-58.91% 2HKO
vs. 281 HP/177 Def Lucario: 100% Easy OHKO
vs. 324 HP/248 Def Heatran: 100% Easy OHKO

You can opt for Life Orb to 3HKO SubPerior(Rhyperior) every time, although it isn't recommended as this Flygon's job is just to stop slower sweepers/choicers who are weak to EQ, and adding LO "recoil" will somewhat reduce its effectiveness.
EVs: The speed allows you to outrun Max speed Adamant Lucario, as well as many of the pokemon who try and outrun Luke. Max HP allows it to switch into Fire Blasts, Heat Waves, and Stone Edges a lot easier. The defense ensures you will never be 2HKOed by CB Tyranitar's Stone Edge, provided you are using Leftovers, and it also guarantees survival against a CB Tyranitar's Crunch, so if you need to revenge kill him, this can do it for you. The special defense brings it to 200, making this a better counter for electric types without Hidden Power Ice than Steelix.

You can go a different route with this set, using Earth Power + Dragon Pulse/Flamethrower over the current set. Just switch to a Timid nature. However, I strongly recommend not doing so, as Earthquake does more to Tentacruel, Heatran, Tyranitar, and Earth Power doesn't score any significant 2-3HKOs on things like Rhyperior, since SubPerior, the set I have been doing calcs for, is not used without Sandstream. It does help Flygon "check" Scizor, but you are better off just using a Magnezone so you can trap Skarmory, who loves switching into this set.

Caelum

qibz official stalker
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Warning: I don't consider this creative by any means, I just find it hard to believe there isn't a variant of it in the analysis and I think it is worth more than Other Options, atleast from my experience.
If you want this to be on site, as it seems you are implying, you can't post it in this thread.

Small comment though, Life Orb is a poor option. By looking at your calcs damage, Life Orb recoil is going to be your worst enemy. Also, I don't get U-turn. U-turn is really only usable on Choice Flygon for scouting but this is being played defensively.

I am not implying that I want it to be on this site, I am sorry for the misconception. All I was implying that I am sure it has been thought of before, it is just I wanted to present it in a way that people would understand WHY they would use it over other variants.

U-Turn is to scout for Zapdos's Hidden Power, you simply U-Turn out and if they switch, they most likely have Hidden Power Grass, if not, then you send in a pokemon that resists/is neutral to Ice. It is an option, albeit a poor one, although it does help to escape unfavorable situations.

I agree with your statements about Life Orb, it just seemed like an option for these teams who have bulky fighters that can take down Rhyperior and Tyranitar, the two pokemon who's damage actually affects one's decision of Life Orb or Leftovers.

EDIT: I am just going to omit my opening statement that went with my previous post.

Moveset Name: UU MixZard
Move 1: Fire Blast
Move 2: Hidden Power Grass
Move 3: Earthquake / Brick Break
Move 4: Air Slash / Rock Slide / Roost
Item: Life Orb / Expert Belt
Ability: Blaze
Nature(s): Rash / Mild
EVs: 76 Atk / 252 SpA / 180 Spd

This set looks like a mess with all of the Slashes everywhere, but its really fairly simple. This set is an attempt to be a UU mixmence to some extent. It is a very strong Hole Puncher in a team, meaning it creates gaps in the opponents offense or defense. Most importantly it hits ALL walls for amazing damage, Milotic is the only one that isnt 2HKOed all the time. The other moves are for coverage. You want to send this in early in the game, preferably before SR comes into play. Which is also fairly easy, because it can come in on nearly all of the SR using pokemon, aside from Regirock.

Flamethrower if you are an Accuracy Freak or planning on using Overheat. Fire Blast insures alot of 2HKOs though.

Hidden Power Grass is recommended because it hits switch ins such as Gastrodon, Omastar, Kabutops, Quagsire and Regirock especially hard, while Earthquake will do little, and they dont take too much from the other moves. Hidden Power Electric hits Moltres who may try to stall (and with Pressure, possibly can) Charizard out.

The 3rd moveslot is for hitting the Special Walls that come in such as Chansey or SDef Clefable. Earthquake will KO Chansey after a Fire Blast often, and Clefable is very dependant on the EVs. Brick Break Guarantees a KO after Fireblast. The main difference, is that Earthquake hits the Fire Types that it can come in on such as Blaziken, Magmortar, and Entei and is a stronger attack overall. It also hits a possibly annoying Curse Muk. Brick Break is stronger for the Normal Types who try to Wall him, as well as makes Screens a non-issue for Charizard. Registeel is Toasted by Fireblast. Both of these hit Houndoom for SE. Chansey and Clefable cant do much other than Thunder Wave.

The 4th moveslot is for Coverage. Air Slash is good because its Stab and hits one of the biggest UU threats, Gallade as well as Ludicolo. It also hits Blaziken should you choose Brick Break over Earthquake. Its a more reliable move than Fire Blast against certain Pokemon as well. Rock Slide hits Moltres and Altaria, who can pretty much wall you if they are defensive, but they are very uncommon. Overheat works well if you pick Flamethrower, its a great last-resort move to destroy pretty much whatever comes your way. The issue with Overheat is that Charizard is Weak to SR, so hit-and-run sets are usually fail, unless of course you opt for Roost, which sort of allows you to use this as a late game sweeper, but the coverage helps as well as Charizards weak defenses(but not worthless).

The great thing about this set, is that it takes advantage of Charizards great attack stats from both ends of the Attacking Spectrum. The advantage of using this over Magmortar or Blaziken, is the speed advantage, as well as the Earthquake immunity. The life orb allows Charizard to be an amazing way to put holes in the oppoenents team. The 180 Spd puts charizard at 281 Speed, making it also a great Revenge killer for Gallade and Blaziken regardless of Nature. EVs are fairly flexable though.

I have tested this and it actually works very well. Its really easy to bring it in on the SR pokemon, and starting to wreak havoc at that point. It works especially well with a Taunt, or Sleep lead, assuring no first turn SRs. Very cool pokemon, but not too creative.

EDIT: As Thorns added, good BP recipient if you're into that. And Expert Belt is a good option for that as well, but Life Orb is still recommended. Bleh, maybe i should have also saved this for the site too :/. Roost added as an option....

Changes in bold.

Slash syndrome. This could actually kill a lot of stuff if passed a speed boost or two. I like it! Seems like an inferior MixApe, obviously who is not in UU.

Just today I was thinking about a mixed fire type. Not Magmortar or Charizard though, but Blaziken. It has greater attacking stats, arguebly better typing and movepool. STAB Fighting is cool too.

I have a Peer edit of my Kung Pao Chicken(Mixed Blaziken, i like the name because kung pao is a hot(Fire) flavour, and many martial arts(Fighting) are based from China) that i made ready for when the C&C mods allow UU, you could PM me in game if you want to see it. Its seriously an amazing pokemon, but not fit for the "Creative moveset" thread though.

I added an Expert Belt option to Charizard as well.

Lapras@Leftovers
Careful
160 hp/96atk/252 sp.def
Shell Armor

Curse
Avalanche
Rest
Sleep Talk

The bulkyness of this thing is impressive.Takes nothing from unSTABed thunderbolts,for example,and can easily Rest off the weaker STAB ones,while Avalanche is damn powerful,while Curse negates the negative priority of Avalanche.Rest gives her health back,and Sleep Talk is obvious.

Heatran is a very solid utility pokemon in Ubers, as he is the only pokemon that resists the common Dragon/Fire combinatin of attacks With Sun support, Heatran can take on Lugia, Lati@s, various Dialgas, MixQuaza, Palkia, and just about anything that doesn't have a SE attack.

Moveset Name: Ubers Utility Heatran
Move 1: Stealth Rock
Move 2: Fire Blast
Move 3: Dragon Pulse
Move 4: Toxic/Will O Wisp
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
Naturs: Calm
EVs: 252 HP/140 SpD/116 Spd

This Heatran is meant for Ubers play with Sun support from Groudon. With Sun support, Heatran's high level of bulkiness, combined with his nice typing, make him a very solid utility pokemon in Ubers.

Mostly thanks to Sun support and some investment in HP and SpD, Heatran is able to take on many of the biggest threats in the Uber metagame. He is unique in that he is the only pokemon in the game that not only resists Dragon, but can take Fire attacks too; a very valuable characteristic when faced against powerful Specs Draco Meteors and the possibility of Specs Fire Blasts as well. With the Sun up and his bulky stats, Choice Scarf Palkia's Surf does only 42% maximum, while a Lustrous Orb boosted one can do 50% maximum. Heatran can therefore 2hko back with a Dragon Pulse, as Surf is usually a 3hko.

Heatran is a valuable Stealth Rocker, as he can find plenty of places to get in against various Choice attacks, and help aid his team by making switches much more difficult. It especially helps with lowering the power of Kygore's Water Spout, who otherwise will get fairly free switch ins against Heatran.

Fire Blast is Heatran's primary STAB move, and under the Sun, it is incredibly powerful, capable of 2hkoing most of the pokemon that don't resist it (for example, Mix Dialga, Mewtwo, and Groudon). The low PP is an issue, especially because so many pokemon have Pressure, but one rarely uses it when Heatran has other moves, like Toxic.

Dragon Pulse provides solid coverage with Fire Blast, with only other Heatran resisting the combination. It can help hit various Dragon switch ins fairly hard, and though it will rarely KO them, it helps a lot in wearing them down.

Toxic is probably the best choice for the last slot. It completely cripples Lugia's ability to wall completely and kills any Lati twin without refresh. Most other pokemon, Kyogre in particular, don't appreciate the heavy poison damage. However, WoW is a useful move to cripple common switch ins like Garchomp, Rayquaza, and Groudon.

The EVs allow Heatran to hit 219 speed, allowing him to outspeed base 90s that invest nothing in speed, and also some that invest a smaller amount (support Groudon usually runs 8, this outspeeds it by 1 point and lets you 2hko with Fire Blast). Most of the EVs go into HP for maximum bulk on both spectrums, to take both special and physical dragon attacks, and the rest go into SpD EVs, just enough to make sure non boosted Palkia's Surf under the Sun can only 3hko.

One must be quite wary when using Heatran. He is basically a free switch in for any Kyogre, and Specs Kyogre in particular is very scary. It is important, especially in the beginning when Kyogre is packing a full powered water spout, to have strong pokemon to resist Kyogre's assualts, with pokemon like Palkia and Latias. Later, he is less of a threat as his Water Spout becomes useless, and other pokemon can be used as good switch ins. Meanwhile, it is important to keep Groudon alive, otherwise Heatran can no longer take on Surfs from the likes of Palkia, nor can he use Fire Blast effectively.

Lapras@Leftovers
Careful
160 hp/96atk/252 sp.def
Shell Armor

Curse
Avalanche
Rest
Sleep Talk

The bulkyness of this thing is impressive.Takes nothing from unSTABed thunderbolts,for example,and can easily Rest off the weaker STAB ones,while Avalanche is damn powerful,while Curse negates the negative priority of Avalanche.Rest gives her health back,and Sleep Talk is obvious.
Its boring, but all sets like that can work, just they usually arent very effective.(Sometimes they are).

To be honest I see much more use in Explosion over Toxic or Will-O-Wisp. Heatran lures in Kyogre and Latias like no other, and Exploding on either one could prove much more useful than simply poisoning a possible Rest + Sleep Talk Kyogre.

Why don't you just max out Lapras health? Curse will boost your attack anyway, but it won't boost your HP.
Well, im giving the poster the "benefit of the doubt" and assuming he EV'd it with those attack EVs to be able to kill something after a Curse, or something at 6. Otherwise, yes move those into HP.
To be honest I see much more use in Explosion over Toxic or Will-O-Wisp. Heatran lures in Kyogre and Latias like no other, and Exploding on either one could prove much more useful than simply poisoning a possible Rest + Sleep Talk Kyogre.
Definately agree here. With the Hyper Offensive Uber metagame, Toxic Stalling isnt exactly plausable.

Also, people i would like more Feed Back on my Charizard :D.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Well, im giving the poster the "benefit of the doubt" and assuming he EV'd it with those attack EVs to be able to kill something after a Curse, or something at 6. Otherwise, yes move those into HP.

Definately agree here. With the Hyper Offensive Uber metagame, Toxic Stalling isnt exactly plausable.

Also, people i would like more Feed Back on my Charizard :D.
Might be easier to give feedback on Charizard if you didn't have at least 2 options in every single move slot. As of now, even if we assume "fire move" for consistency, either set hits completely different things and has problems with completely different things.

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
HeySuP if oyu actually get the Blaziken revamp reserved before someone else and maned the Mixed attacker "Kung Pow Chicken"... just don't do it. Naming a set is a bad idea. Also, if you have to explain the name it is not funny.

Here's my latest Lapras set that I'm not currently using anymore, but it beats CM Mismagius every time. I'm debating making a UU revamp for the set once Caelum opens them. (On a similar note, I'm also working on Hariyama and Mismagius, so yeah)

Lapras @ Leftovers
96 HP / 160 Def / 252 SDef; Calm
- Perish Song
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

A Calm Mind HP Fighting won't 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers, so Lapras is free to Perish Song it away. Rest is "filler" but taking advantage of its STAB and Water-countering abilities is always nice. It worked really well on my stall team as an Azumarill check too, since it's immune to Water, 4x resists Ice, and the Normal / Fighting attacks can be taken by my Ghost of choice.

lol. The Toxic Stall Ape made it into Tangerine's post. Him and Moltres are DIFFERENT, trade bulk for speed, no SR weakness for Ground weak. Might aswell take out the Dragon Dance set from Dragonite's analysis then...

Speaking of Dragonite, I saw Restalk in Other Options, but never saw a real attempt to make one. I did try this, but it really is only effective against certain threats (the main one being Breloom. I had to battle on wifi to check how it did against Skymin, and it's does pretty well):

Dragonite @ Leftovers
Nature: Careful
EVs: 248 HP / 24 Def / 128 SpD / 108 Spe
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Dragonite has decent deffensive stats which makes this set viable. The main Pokemon to counter are status inducing Grass-Pokemon, the main ones being Breloom, and Roserade. The EVs allow you to survive max attack Breloom's Stone Edge after Stealth Rock damage, and outspeed those that aim only to beat Adamant Tyranitar, whom you also outspeed. The rest are put into Special Defense. Thanks to Inner Focus, you become a good check against Skymin that lack Hidden Power Ice. Air Slash is only a 4HKO (yes I know it's Uber but I don't expect it to stay there very long). Another Pokemon to counter is Heatran that lack Hidden Power Ice. You no longer care about a Toxic or Burn, while you are immune to Earthpower and resist Fire Blast.

Utilizing Sleep Talk, Outrage does not induce Confusion giving you a powerful STAB attack while sleeping. Earthquake complements it, giving you great coverage only resisted by Bronzong and Skarmory.

haunter

Banned deucer.
I had never thought about a rest-talking dragonite. I really like this set.
I think you should consider adding life orb as alternative item.
I've ran some calcualtion, and a neutral outrage boosted by life orb, will always ohko min\min breloom, not to mention that you'll always 2hko 252 hp\0 def togekiss against which you can easly switch in not fearing thunder wave or air slash flich rate.
This is also a great switch in roserade if it doesn't carry hp ice obviously.

By the way, to guarantee an OHKO on this Dragonite with Stealth Rock factored in, using Hidden Power Ice, the foe needs at least 425 Special Attack. You need 359 to have just a 2.56% chance with Stealth Rock.

Caelum

qibz official stalker
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
heysup said:
Moveset Name: UU MixZard
Move 1: Fire Blast / Flamethrower
Move 2: Hidden Power Grass / Hidden Power Electric
Move 3: Earthquake / Brick Break
Move 4: Air Slash / Rock Slide / Overheat / Roost
Item: Life Orb / Expert Belt
Ability: Blaze
Nature(s): Rash / Mild
EVs: 76 Atk / 252 SpA / 180 Spd
It's hard to judge the merit of a set when you have so many different options in slots. Have you really thought about this set since it honestly looks like you just went 1. Fire move / 2. Hidden Power for Waters / 3 Random Move / 4 Random Move.

Life Orb is incredibly iffy without Roost since you'll be taking 50% as you switch into Stealth Rock (with the new Spiritomb and Mismagius Rapid Spinning is basically a joke in UU now unless you use some Foresight + Rapid Spin gimmick or something).

chenmann333 said:
Heatran is a very solid utility pokemon in Ubers, as he is the only pokemon that resists the common Dragon/Fire combinatin of attacks With Sun support, Heatran can take on Lugia, Lati@s, various Dialgas, MixQuaza, Palkia, and just about anything that doesn't have a SE attack.

Choice Specs Heatran was decently used in early DP ubers but Heatran is rarely seen (#30 in Decemeber, less use than Gengar) now because it has trouble switching in, particular in the hyper-offensive uber metagame. It "can" work but I just see it being too specialized to be used effectively. It basically just counters Latias that lack Safeguard / Refresh (and it needs Toxic to do it otherwise it'll just CM up and sweep). Even the standard Latias Thunder will 2HKO this Heatran 100% of the time with Stealth Rock so it's questionable even then. With Kyogre rampant Heatran is even in more difficult to use effectively since its Fire STAB is lost (and really - Groudon isn't exactly something that can switch in to things over and over again so your Sun is often limited).

Chris is me said:
Lapras @ Leftovers
96 HP / 160 Def / 252 SDef; Calm
- Perish Song
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

A Calm Mind HP Fighting won't 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers, so Lapras is free to Perish Song it away. Rest is "filler" but taking advantage of its STAB and Water-countering abilities is always nice. It worked really well on my stall team as an Azumarill check too, since it's immune to Water, 4x resists Ice, and the Normal / Fighting attacks can be taken by my Ghost of choice.
I've seen you use this and it works well, I don't have much to say here except it looks good.

Dragonite @ Leftovers
Nature: Careful
EVs: 248 HP / 24 Def / 128 SpD / 108 Spe
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Dragonite has decent deffensive stats which makes this set viable. The main Pokemon to counter are status inducing Grass-Pokemon, the main ones being Breloom, and Roserade. The EVs allow you to survive max attack Breloom's Stone Edge after Stealth Rock damage, and outspeed those that aim only to beat Adamant Tyranitar, whom you also outspeed. The rest are put into Special Defense. Thanks to Inner Focus, you become a good check against Skymin that lack Hidden Power Ice. Air Slash is only a 4HKO (yes I know it's Uber but I don't expect it to stay there very long). Another Pokemon to counter is Heatran that lack Hidden Power Ice. You no longer care about a Toxic or Burn, while you are immune to Earthpower and resist Fire Blast
It seems alright (although if I want recovery I'd probably just use Roost myself). The calculations you showed us are rather irrelevant though. Your Dragonite only hits 223 Speed whereas standard Breloom (Adamant, 212 Spe EVs) hits 229 Speed. Furthermore, you don't OHKO with Outrage (let along if you are Spored and Sleep Talk picks Earthquake or Rest) so it'll just 2HKO with Stone Edge or it'll just SubSeed you and wait for some timely critical hits. Anyway. It seems like an alright set but I just don't see it accomplishing much of anything other than sitting there.

Might be easier to give feedback on Charizard if you didn't have at least 2 options in every single move slot. As of now, even if we assume "fire move" for consistency, either set hits completely different things and has problems with completely different things.
Its personal preference, because there is no "right" or "wrong" moveset. The extra attack at the end is the only one thats up for debate.

The set is either stopped by the Odd Moltres, or Ground/Waters. I could remove all the options, but thats what makes this such a great set, you have no idea what to expect when you send in your "counter". Alot like the Deoxys' support sets, they have so many options.
HeySuP if oyu actually get the Blaziken revamp reserved before someone else and maned the Mixed attacker "Kung Pow Chicken"... just don't do it. Naming a set is a bad idea. Also, if you have to explain the name it is not funny.
Im not actually going to use the name. And do oyu eralize yuo tpye liek htis?
It's hard to judge the merit of a set when you have so many different options in slots. Have you really thought about this set since it honestly looks like you just went 1. Fire move / 2. Hidden Power for Waters / 3 Random Move / 4 Random Move.

Life Orb is incredibly iffy without Roost since you'll be taking 50% as you switch into Stealth Rock (with the new Spiritomb and Mismagius Rapid Spinning is basically a joke in UU now unless you use some Foresight + Rapid Spin gimmick or something).
Sorry if i sound defensive, i dont mean to sound upset or "smart".

I reduced the options, but i also beleive that you are the one who said that Deoxys is hard to control BECAUSE it has so many support options. Many viable options are in this set, depending if you care about the odd Moltres, or better 1v1 Power with Air Slash. I tried to refine it.

And obviously i used a Fire Move and HP for waters. But the fact that you said move 3 and 4 are "Random Moves", makes me seriously think you did not read the descriptions :(.

The Stealth Rock problem is explained in the beginning. SR also allows it to more "controlably" get to Blaze Range, so its not AS big as a problem as it is for say, Moltres. Its also explained, that this pokemon isnt designed to "Hit-and-run", it hits something hard on the switch, and then KOs it, and whatever else it can.

Status Absorber

@ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EV: 252 HP / 6 Sp. Atk / 252 Sp. Def

Psycho Shift
Air Slash
Aura Sphere
Roost/Thunder Wave

There are only a few that could use Psycho Shift. I find Togekiss to be a good user. With good bulk both on defensive and special defensively, this is a prime candidate for taking hits. It comes in on Burn, Poison, Paralyze, or any status inducing moves and absorbs it. Psycho Shift is there to fire it back to a appropriate pokemon that would benefit the status more. Air Slash is a great STAB move on Togekiss, and with Aura Sphere it provides it decent coverage. You have a selection with Roost or Thunder Wave. Thunder Wave is if you want double status on a switch out and it will help you bombard Air Slashes at the pokemon, for Serene Grace hax. Roost is there to prolong your life if leftovers isn't enough for you.

Role: Passing on Will-o-Wisp to the offensive threats in the game, I.E Tyaranitar, Metagross, etc. Passing on paralyze to its common switch ins like Cresselia and especially Zapdos which resists both Air Slash and Aura Sphere. A random hax is always great.

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
It relies on your opponent carrying a status move and using it against you, which is usually too situational, especially because it is immune to Toxic Spikes and thus isn't even going to do anything to a stall team. Offensive teams rarely have status outside of the occasional Sleep or Burn, one of which can't be passed and the other carried by something with a STAB SE Thunderbolt to hit you with. Overall, it just sounds too iffy and situational to be productive in a standard team.

Status Absorber

@ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EV: 252 HP / 6 Sp. Atk / 252 Sp. Def

Psycho Shift
Air Slash
Aura Sphere
Roost/Thunder Wave

Why not go Air Slash - Psycho Shift - Sleep Talk - Rest/ Arua Sphere/ Roost?

Being able to absorb sleep and give it back to your opponent. I like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)