New and 'creative' moveset/EV spread thread Mk. 5

[Hey, I want to show you a new lead created by my boyfriend. He isn't a good battler (at least not good as me) and he doesn't play very often, but I'm proud that he tries to be creative. First I was sceptical, because Drifblim is a weird choice to use in OU and even more to use it as a lead, but it was effective and achieved what it was meant to: Cripple your opponents team.

Yes, this set is for OU, my boyfriend didn't test in UU so far, but it worked well in OU. Additionally he isn't outclassed by a Pokémon in OU, because none can run exactly the same set, paired with it's unique ability Unburden. So don't tell me Drifblim is UU, because I already know it. Also, I know that it's probably only working well, because of the surprise factor.]

Now it's time to show you anti-lead Drifblim:

Jolly Drifblim @ Choice Scarf: Anti-Lead
X/X/X/0/X/176* w/ Unburden

<Trick>
<Hypnosis>
<Knock Off>
<Explosion>

Dirfblim is currenty a UU-Pokémon, probably falling to NU soon. It has a unique Ghost/Flying-typing along with two very unique abilities: Unburden and Aftermath. Aftermath deals 25% damage to your opponent, when he killed you with a physical attack and Unburden, which doubles your speed, when an item is used/lost. Drifblim is known for being able to BP big subs and the chesto berry set.

This set is created for crippling at least three Pokémon at your opponents team and revealing them. This set usually creates many switches and so it can be also used outside the lead position for causing switches, which may be fine with Spikes support, but I have tested it only as a lead so far.

Now, it's time for explaining this set.

Trick
- This will be probably be your first move, when you're using this set. You exchange your item with your opponent's one. Not only will it lock your opponent in SR / Taunt or just in an useless move (most attacks will only 3HKO Drifblim, because of his bulk), it activates Unburden (for all hypocrites: test it, it activates Unburden), which makes you outspeed all scarfed Pokémon with 130 base speed.

When your opponent used Taunt, SR or a support move, it will probably switch out, so that you can continue to cripple your enemy. Your next move will be Knock Off, which will remove your counter's item and probably reveal his moveset.

When your opponent used an attacking move, or when you crippled your opponent with Knock Off, you can use Hypnosis. This is a shaky sleep move with 60% accuracy. That's bad, but you need to rely on it.

After you slept your opponent, you use Knock Off again for crippling your next switch-in, or just to check whether he will switch. Your last turn is Explosion which ends your fun killing or weakening your opponent. Still, you need to pay attention to Protect users and ghosts.

I'm not sure about the EVs. HP is unimporant, because Drifblim already has base 150 HP, but low 44/54-defenses. Also, attack may be important for Explosion. I'm not sure how to distribute them. 176Spe-EVs are used to outspeed all base 130spe-Pokémon like Aerodactyl with a scarf and outspeed them with Unburden, when they're scarfed.

For all those who don't want to read this wall of text:
Trick -> Knock Off -> Hypnosis -> (Knock Off) -> BOOM

[Azelf] - Trick them into SR / screens / Taunt. Psychic is a 3HKO with low spd-investments and most Azelfs don't run Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball or HP Ice. You only loose to scarf-lead Azelf.

[Metagross] - Trick is usually safe. MM is a 3HKO with heavy defensive investments.

[Swampert] - Trick is safe and Swampert hates it. Still, you need to pay attention to Protect scouting and Ice Beam may 2HKO you.

[Aerodactyl] - Trick is safe and most Dactyls will use Taunt/SR. Still, you need to pay attention to SE/RS, which will 2HKO you.

[Jirachi] - Jirachi will outspeed you with a scarf and many wear a scarf, so it's very risky to trick them. They can flinch you to death and hypnosis is your only and probably your best option. Magnezone can be usefull.

[Infernape] - Trick. You only have to fear FB, which won't 1HKO you.

[Roserade] - They may try to sleep you, so you can trick them into it and absorb the sleep or sleep them by yourself. When they don't use SP, you're safe.

[Heatran] - FB doesn't kill you, but you're creating a fine revenge killer, when you're tricking it.

[Smeargle] - Trick and absorb the sleep, or sleep it and hope that Hypnosis won't miss. You need to pay attention to Scarf-Smeargle, because they are becoming more popular.

[Hippowdon] - Trick it. You don't have to fear of anything Hippo may throw at you.

[Tyranitar] - Yeah, it's bad. Trick may lock him into Crunch/Pursuit, which is bad, or when you try to sleep it, it may wear a Lum Berry.

[Gliscor] - Trick and react. They either use SR/Taunt/SE

[Ninjask] - Your worst enemy. You can't trick/sleep/break it subs and it will always outspeed you. Switch to a phazer, or you're lost.

[Dragonite] - ES doesn't affect you, but DM/Outrage may kill you, depending on your EVs.

[Bronzong] - Trick and do whatever you want to.

[Crobat] - Trick into Taunt/Rain Dance. Do whatever you want to.

Well, I'm tired and I haven't done intensive dmg-calculations now. Also, I'm not sure about the EV spread. So, critisize and help me please.

Thank you

-0²

Now it's time to show you anti-lead Drifblim:

Jolly Drifblim @ Choice Scarf: Anti-Lead
X/X/X/0/X/176* w/ Unburden

<Trick>
<Hypnosis>
<Knock Off>
<Explosion>

Dirfblim is currenty a UU-Pokémon, probably falling to NU soon. It has a unique Ghost/Flying-typing along with two very unique abilities: Unburden and Aftermath. Aftermath deals 25% damage to your opponent, when he killed you with a physical attack and Unburden, which doubles your speed, when an item is used/lost. Drifblim is known for being able to BP big subs and the chesto berry set.

This set is created for crippling at least three Pokémon at your opponents team and revealing them. This set usually creates many switches and so it can be also used outside the lead position for causing switches, which may be fine with Spikes support, but I have tested it only as a lead so far.

Stepping in here, despite the fact that I usually lurk.

This set works, yes. On Shoddy Battle. In-game, using Trick DOES NOT activate Unburden, and since Shoddy is meant to be a simulation of in-game, this set doesn't work. I used to use a lead like this one, and it was posted in "new and creative sets" version 4. It worked awesomely, until one person transferred it onto his DS game, and it didn't work at all. Shoddy obviously hasn't fixed this little overlook, probably due to lack of its useage. Hate to be Johnny Raincloud on this, cause I know how well it works...

There is two problems I can see with your set. One, if you trick a Pokemon that is faster than you that doesn't taunt you, they can still use another move after being tricked. Two, as far as I understand it, if your opponent taunts you, Trick will fail, and you're stuck, forced to switch out or use Explosion. Other than that, it looks good.

I think that for +speed base 80 pokemon with 176 EVs and scarf Drifblim outspeeds +130 speed pokemon, so that means only Electrode will be fast enough to taunt, so that probably wouldn't be a huge problem as Electrodes are more likely to thunderbolt than taunt I'd think.

That said though, if Drifblim tricks scarf to a +130 pokemon, say Aerodactyl, Scarf Aerodactyl outspeeds unburden Drifblim (394*1.5 > 264 *2). Aerodactyl will more than likely 2HKO with a rock move.

Also,
-0² said:
(most attacks will only 3HKO Drifblim, because of his bulk)
That is not too true. Aerodactyl using Rock Slide does 58% minimum to a 80 HP 252 Def Drifblim, a sure 2HKO (obviously Stone Edge does even more). With that physically defensive spread, obviously Drifblim is then easily OHKOed by most Thunderbolt/Ice Beam / Shadow Ball.

The same goes for a specially defensive spread. Drifblim will survive two neutral and unboosted attacks in most cases, but won't be able to take two super effective ones, and the specially defensive spread will have to flee against any physical attacker.

And... yah, apparently Unburden doesn't work that way on wifi.

Of course, there's also the problem with other Trick leads (or opponents switching in choice pokemon), since Drifblim has to trick first turn in order to do something... unless you intend to explode on certain leads.

On the Drifblim Anti-Lead set, could I suggest an alternative to Hypnosis? I'm fairly sure it can learn Thunder Wave, which could prove more useful under certain circumstances. Thunder Wave does not suffer from poor accuracy and could help againt priority-users.

On the subject of Anti-Leads, I've been working on this Sharpedo set for use in OU. I've not spent much time on it and the EVs are rather standard, but it seems to work OK.

ANTI-LEAD SHARPEDO @ Focus Sash

Rough Skin Ability
Jolly Nature
EVs: 4 HP, 252 Attack, 252 Speed

- Taunt
- Aqua Jet
- Crunch
- Earthquake

Rough Skin might be able to render a few Focus Sashes useless, but with Sharpedo's "phenomenal" base defences of 70/40/40 I truly doubt it could take much punishment.

Taunt is always good on a lead and with Sharpedo's respectable 95 base Speed, it could prove useful in disabling defensive threats such as Bronzong. Crunch is a great move to use against several Pokemon, particularly Azelf. Azelf could then be finished off with Aqua Jet.

Earthquake was added in exclusively for Metagross, but could function well against Heatran as well. Jirachi usually doesn't invest in max Speed EVs, so Sharpedo should outspeed those without the Scarf and attack with Earthquake as I doubt this Sharpedo would mind a Choice Scarf.

I chose Jolly over Adamant because Sharpedo needs all the speed it can get.

Using the Smogon Shoddy statistics for November, here is how I would deal with the top ten leads.

- Azelf: Use Crunch and then Aqua Jet. Azelf will probably either Taunt or Stealth Rock as Sharpedo is immune to Psychic and resists Fire Blast.

- Metagross: Earthquake for the first turn. Sharpedo resists Meteor Mash and Bullet Punch, and Aqua Jet should overrule the latter for a final hit. Hopefully, Metagross will use Stealth Rock to allow a free Earthquake, putting Sharpedo in a good position.

- Swampert: Swampert is a bit of a toughie as Sharpedo lacks the power to do enough damage. Regardless, Taunt could be used to prevent Stealth Rock. Crunch should be used afterwards, as Sharpedo outspeeds Swampert.

- Aerodactyl: Aerodactyl will usually Taunt or Stealth Rock, so Aqua Jet is probably the way to go here.

- Jirachi: If it Tricks, kindly take the Choice Scarf which could aid Sharpedo later on in the game. Regardless, Earthquake is the best move to make. U-Turn is super-effective, however, which could pave the way for a counter of some sort. Definitely a lead Sharpedo doesn't like.

- Infernape: Fake Out presents a problem as it breaks the Sash, allowing Infernape to OHKO with the dreaded Close Combat. Aqua Jet is still a good move to make, and Sharpedo will do well if Infernape decides to Stealth Rock.

- Roserade: Taunt works well as a first move but Leaf Storm is going to hurt. Switching might be best.

- Heatran: Earthquake and Aqua Jet all the way!

- Smeargle: Difficult choice. Taunt is good for the Baton Passer, but the Anti-Lead variant may trick its scarf, meaning Crunch could be best.

- Hippowdon: Taunt, then Aqua Jet.

I've always liked Sharpedo and I don't think this is too bad for an NU. Earthquake could be open to change in the near future, but Sharpedo's movepool isn't as malleable as I'd like it to be. Avalanche is a possible option, as are Ice Fang and Bounce. Night Slash could be used over Crunch, and Waterfall could be used elsewhere as well.

That Sharpedo set(or a variation of it) has been suggested before, and honestly, you lose against more than 1/2 of the top ten leads: Metagross, Swampert, Jirachi, Infernape, Roserade, and Hippowdon.

Metagross: Earthquake + Aqua Jet does not 2HKO, while Earthquake + Bullet Punch 2HKOs you.

Swampert: Earthquake 2HKOs, I doubt they would Stealth Rock when they see an offensive lead. Crunch doesn't 3HKO.

Infernape: beats you with Fake Out or Vaccum Wave.

Hippowdon: Aqua Jet does shit damage(as much as Crunch, actually-40x1.5x2=120, 80x1.5=120), and Earthquake will 2HKO(possibly OHKO, due to sandstorm).

I would rather use the standard Anti-Lead Dragonite set tbh, as Azelf and Aerodactyl are still getting up rocks.

^ Oh well, that's what I get for even considering something as defensive as Sharpedo. Still 4/10 isn't bad for what is seemingly a complete unknown.

EDIT: Oh wait, it's 3/10 due to Roserade. Ignore me. ;-)

Sceptile revenge killer

Moveset Name: Endeavor Revenge Killer
Move 1: Counter
Move 2: Leaf Storm
Move 3: Quick attack
Move 4: Endeavor
Item: Focus Sash
Ability: Overgrow
Nature(s): hasty
EVs: Ordered HP 4/SpAtk 252/Spe 252

This Sceptile is meant to revenge kill, counter, set up a kill, and run. Works best with a bulky lead like gliscor, you bring him in on a physical sweeper or something you know you can KO with leaf storm. Scizor for example will almost always U-turn for a 100% KO which guarantees a kill for sceptile with counter. when Sceptile is at 1 HP you can endeavor something you KNOW you outrun, and with sceptiles speed thats most of OU. most likely your sceptile is down, if not, quick attack will make sure your endeavor goes unwasted. Once your opponents poke is down to 1, a kill is almost inevitable. 252 speed will make sure sceptile hits max with 372 speed, outrunning even choice scarf t-tar. STAB leaf storm will at least 2KO every bulky water and bulky ground in OU.

The problem with sets like this is that they are rendered almost useless with SR, spikes, Tspikes, or SS on the field. And given the mass popularity of these moves/weather condition the set isn't very reliable. A surprise gimick that will beat most of the lower ladder, but decimated once you start battling competent players.

Well i normally run this with a rapid spinner, starmie mostly. yes in moments like SS or other kinds of weather, i endeavor a special hit or counter the physical, either way the opponents poke is gonna be left dead or at low health. I've tested it many times over, only problem ive had was with an abomasnow hail party, where endeavor and leaf storm were laughable. as long as you know when and how to switch, this sceptile is guaranteed at least 1 kill.

haunter

Banned deucer.
Given the popularity of SR and SS that set might work only as a lead Pokemon, I'm pretty sure that you can beat comm leads like Aero and Azelf and of course you can force Swampert out, assiming that you plan on using it in OU.

Gengar@Focus Sash
Timid
4 HP/126 Atk/126 SpA/252 Speed
- Taunt
- Sucker Punch
- Hidden Power (Water)
- Destiny Bond

I came up with this lead Gengar myself. Basically, you bring this in and Taunt first, stopping any SR or Taunt that would be after you. After the taunt, you attack. Sucker Punch is there for priority over certain Pokemon (such as agility Empoleon, Metagross and Weavile.) I looked at the top 10 OU leads, and noticed half of them are Ground/Steel/Rock/Fire types, and Water is super effective on all of them, therefore explaining HP Water. Destiny Bond is for killing the opponent when the sash is broken. I won't be affected by any surprise Explosions, so usually it would be successful except for the few Agility users that could out-speed me.

You're beaten easily by Metagross and Swampert. I'm too lazy to do calcs right now, but Heatran might not be KO'd by HP Water. idk. Easy Pursuit/Bullet Punch bait for the likes of TTar and Scizor. You're basically asking for a 5v5 with Rocks on the other team if they lead with Aero or Azelf. I don't see how this works. Sorry. I guess it bluffs things like FBlast?

haunter

Banned deucer.
HP water is actually really a poor choice as the only Pokemon that you can severerly hurt with it is Rhyperior, lol. If you want a lead Gengar, then shadow ball + focus blast\HP fire give way batter coverage and you can easily replace destiny bond as it's extremely predictable on a lead Gar.

Well I think Suckerpunch is most likely used to sash users. So power doesn't matter.
I used to run a similar set in the previous version of creative moveset.
Only with Energy Ball over HP water for Swampert leads, and Counter for physical leads like Metagross, ...
Explosion could work over destiny bond to, but then you have to chance the EV's a little.

Cresselia calm mind/rest

Nature: calm
Evs 52 Sp atk 200 Def 252 hp 6 Sp def
Items: leftovers
Moveset
~ calm mind
~ Ice beam
~ Rest
~ sleep talk

Been running this on shoddy for awhile i can honestly say ive won matches because of this solely. Cresselia is usually pretty unkillable just calm mind up on the right pokemon. The only things that can usually kill me are a d danced flygon/mance/d night outraging i see people constantly thinking they can wall it with scizor then there scizor getting 3 shotted while im calm minded 3-4 times. Now im sure some are asking why ice beam my reason for using ice beam is that it hits just about everything equally not very much can kill this 444 base hp 326 defense 326 sp def 199 Sp Atk. Now im sure some are asking why not jsut have suicune do this since she gets stab on ice beam the reason is people are expecting this set kind of set from suicune not cress. The other reason is that cress has better defences while lacking in Sp atk she has better defences and can calm mind longer thanks to these better defences.

Some damage calcs

Cress after 4 calm minds does 46.9% - 55.4% to swampert the bulky rest talk varient
Cress after 4 calm minds does 36% - 42.2% to scizor normal swords dance varient
Cress after no calm minds does 94.3% - 111.2% to normal mixmence
Cress after 4 calm minds does 16.3% - 19.2% to a normal wish bliss
Cress after 4 clam minds does 40.9% - 48.4% to frosslass sucide lead
Cress after 4 calm minds does 46.5% - 54.6% to a bulkydos
Cress after 4 calm minds does 28.6% - 33.7% to an agiligross
Those calcs are pretty nice for a rest talking wall on things that all take neutral or lower damage besides salamance

Salamance after 2 d dances does 84.5% - 99.5% to cress with outrage while cress can one shot him
Gengar with shadow ball does 28.4% - 33.8% to cress after she does 2 calm minds
Tyranitars crunch after 1 d dance does 48.6% - 57.2% to cress
heatrans over heat only does 30.6% - 36.5% to cress after she calm minds twice
Scizors bug bite with technician after sword dance only does 68.9% - 81.1% to cress that means in 2
Scizors bullet punch after 3 sword dances only does 23% - 27% on cress

Jirachi's ability to be a special sweeper is usually defined by Calm Mind, but what people overlook is it's access to Charge Beam, while having Serene Grace at the same time.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Move 1: Substitute
Move 2: Charge Beam
Move 3: Psychic
Move 4: Flash Cannon/HP Ground/HP Grass
240 HP/56 SpA/214 Spe
Timid Nature - Serene Grace

With Jirachi's good typing, and all 100 base stats, he can switch into a plethora of pokémon to sub, and set up on. Once you have a Sub up, simple start spamming Charge Beam to boost your Special Attack. With each Charge Beam, you are guaranteed a SpA boost as long as it hits. Psychic, Charge Beam, and Flash Cannon cover move (or all? too lazy to check) types. 240 EV's in HP gives you 401 (assuming 31 IV in HP), which takes two Seismic Tosses from anything to break it. Not too sure about the EV's in SpA and Spe, just chose 56 in SpA to break 250. Opinions?

Cresselia calm mind/rest

Moveset
~ calm mind
~ Ice beam
~ Rest
~ sleep talk

<snip>

<snip>

<snip>

Thus proving that WishBliss walls this forever and Frosslass's Destiny Bond destroys you.
Are you sure that that Scizor calc is accurate?

Cresselia calm mind/rest

Moveset
~ calm mind
~ Ice beam
~ Rest
~ sleep talk

Been running this on shoddy for awhile i can honestly say ive won matches because of this solely. Cresselia is usually pretty unkillable just calm mind up on the right pokemon. The only things that can usually kill me are a d danced flygon/mance/d night outraging i see people constantly thinking they can wall it with scizor then there scizor getting 3 shotted while im calm minded 3-4 times. Now im sure some are asking why ice beam my reason for using ice beam is that it hits just about everything equally not very much can kill this 444 base hp 326 defense 326 sp def 199 Sp Atk. Now im sure some are asking why not jsut have suicune do this since she gets stab on ice beam the reason is people are expecting this set kind of set from suicune not cress. The other reason is that cress has better defences while lacking in Sp atk she has better defences and can calm mind longer thanks to these better defences.

Some damage calcs

Cress after 4 calm minds does 46.9% - 55.4% to swampert the bulky rest talk varient
Cress after 4 calm minds does 36% - 42.2% to scizor normal swords dance varient
Cress after no calm minds does 94.3% - 111.2% to normal mixmence
Cress after 4 calm minds does 46.5% - 54.6% to a bulkydos
Cress after 4 calm minds does 28.6% - 33.7% to an agiligross
Those calcs are pretty nice for a rest talking wall on things that all take neutral or lower damage besides salamance

This is a terrible set.

Salamance after 2 d dances does 84.5% - 99.5% to cress with outrage while cress can one shot him
Gengar with shadow ball does 28.4% - 33.8% to cress after she does 2 calm minds
Tyranitars crunch after 1 d dance does 48.6% - 57.2% to cress
heatrans over heat only does 30.6% - 36.5% to cress after she calm minds twice
Scizors bug bite with technician after sword dance only does 68.9% - 81.1% to cress that means in 2
Jesus, this set sucks in theory so hard it's not worth testing.

CB Uturn Scizor does 61.3% - 73%, forcing you to run to Rest, and trust me, you will fall
A +2 Max Attack Bug Bite Scizor OHKO's you
A +2 Max Attack Lucario Crunch does 72.1% - 85.1%

In turn, you do
27.4% - 32.4% if you are +2 Special Attack to the Lucario mentioned above
20.1% - 23.9% same conditions to standard CB Scizor
23.9% - 28.4% same conditions to (frailer) SD Scizor

Don't say Magnezone, as two of those are late game sweepers, so you don't necessarily have Magnezone (or Zapdos for that matter). Crocune can stat up along side you and win after a long fight. In the end, that set is terrible.

@biaj: I'm pretty sure you did not factor in Technician in your calculations for Scizor (since without Technician my numbers do match yours).

With Technician factored in, +2 Bug Bite does minimum 105% to your Cresselia.
Also, your calculation for Bullet Punch was for 1 Swords Dance and no Technician. With Technician +2 Bullet Punch does 35-41%.
+6 Bullet Punch does 70 - 82%.

Beating a dead horse. Fun.

OU Lead Uxie
Uxie @ Leftovers | Levitate
Impish / 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpDef
Stealth Rock / U-Turn / Magic Coat / Yawn

tl;dr - This Uxie is meant to be able to set up Stealth Rocks twice in case it is Rapid Spun away, while being able to take on other leads and even phase.
This is a set I use on a team that is focused around shuffling with Roar and Whirlwind in OU. After setting up Stealth Rock, the opponent's Rapid Spinner comes out, and is OHKOed by ScarfTyranitar's Pursuit / Earthquake / 2HKOed Magnezone's Thunderbolt. The main reason I chose Uxie is because of its bulk, allowing it to switch in after the opponent's Rapid Spinner has fainted. In addition, Uxie does not need a Lum Berry to combat Roserade and Smeargle, and it simply bounces back their sleep moves with Magic Coat. Yawn not only allows me to phase, but it also racks up entry hazard damage. U-turn is an all-around awesome move. After setting up Stealth Rocks and Yawning, U-turn allows to me safely assess my opponent's reaction to Yawn; whether they stay in to activate Sleep Clause, or switch. The former often leads to Skarmory setting up Spikes, while the latter allows me to switch to a counter, and tells me that Uxie can be used to shuffle later, and that I can predict switches and Yawn twice in a row.

OU leads:
Azelf - Taunt is bad, very bad. U-turn hits Azelf down to 50%, then switch to a counter.
Metagross - Set up Rocks, Yawn, then U-turn (I outspeed). Meteor Mash does 37% damage to me. Explosion OHKOs, though.
Swampert - I wall Swamperts. Max Attack Adamant Swampert does a laughable 25%. Stealth Rock, Yawn, U-turn.
Aerodactyl - U-turn breaks Sash, then switch to a counter.
Jirachi - I set up Stealth Rocks, usually taking a Choice Scarf by doing so. Not a big deal.
Infernape - Fire Blast does a decent 45% to me. Absorb a Fake Out, Set up Stealth Rock, then switch / U-turn out.
Roserade - Magic Coat, laugh, Stealth Rock, U-turn.
Heatran - Max SpAtk Heatran almost 2HKOs me. Set up my Rocks, then switch.
Smeargle - Bounce back the Spore, Stealth Rock, then U-turn.
Hippowdon - Adamant max Attack Hippowdon's Stone Edge does 21.8% damage to me. Stealth Rock, Yawn, U-turn.

haunter

Banned deucer.
Not exactly innovative as you just switched thunderbolt\protect for magic coat on the standard lead Uxie, but magic coat itself seems an excellent choice on a lead Pokemon to beat sleep inducing leads like Roserade, Breloom and Smeargle. Magic coat requires some prediction against Roserade as it can do up to 60% with leaf storm or just set up toxic spikes, but it looks like a good idea.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)