New and 'creative' moveset/EV spread thread Mk. 5

Ok for the Staraptor, you definitely want to go with 36 Speed EVs minimum. This outspeeds Jolly Tyranitar, bulky Gyarados, and tie with Celebi. 252 Attack EVs should be used in order to hit things hard, and 220 Special Attack. You really should just invest 44 Speed EVs. This allows you to outrun Celebi before a boost, but also Jolly Choice Scarf Flygon after an Agility. Your spread should look like 252 Atk / 212 SpA / 44 Spe.

What do you think about this Gyarados?

Gyarados aka "Mr.Fish"

Leftovers
Impish
Ev's: 154 HP/ 56 Att/ 150 Def/ 150 Sp. Def
Moves:
Substitute/ Bounce/ T. Wave/ Roar

Lv 100 Stats: 369/300/254/140/273/198

Please any feedback.

Seems kind of interesting, but none of those numbers for the EVs are devisible by 4. You should probably put Waterfall on there somewhere.

Careful with heap loads of Sp.Def and HP Ev's is better as a bulky Dos because it absolutely demolishes Heatran.
Impish isn't really necessary because you still have Intimidate, so you'll still be able to absorb physical hits, to an extent. But it's still viable.

As for the moves, I'd go Waterfall, Rest, Sleep Talk, DD/Roar. It fits his bulkiness better, and he NEVER DIES.
Although, if you're wanting to spread status, then go with T.Wave, Roar, Waterfall, (Taunt?/DD/Stone Edge/EQ). Don't use Sub, because if something comes in that you'd normally be countered by, you're still going to be forced to switch out anyway, since your attacking moves are eh, and your main purpose is to spread status. Also, Sub decreases your life span (0.o) and since this is a bulky Dos, it's going to want to stay in for as long as possible.

So lets see. Something more like this?

Gyarados aka "Mr.Fish"

Leftovers

Careful

Ev's: 152 HP/ 56 Att/ 148 Def/ 154 Sp. Def

Moves:
Taunt/ Waterfall/ T. Wave/ Roar

Lv 100 Stats: 369/300/231/140/301/198

Ok for the Staraptor, you definitely want to go with 36 Speed EVs minimum. This outspeeds Jolly Tyranitar, bulky Gyarados, and tie with Celebi. 252 Attack EVs should be used in order to hit things hard, and 220 Special Attack. You really should just invest 44 Speed EVs. This allows you to outrun Celebi before a boost, but also Jolly Choice Scarf Flygon after an Agility. Your spread should look like 252 Atk / 212 SpA / 44 Spe.
Thanks for the advice, I have found the 44 Spe. evs, to be very helpful, also, I have changed the nature to Naughty, in order to increase its chances of surviving a bullet punch. with 189 Sp. atk, +LO, and it still serves its purpose, it still 2ko/OHKOs with stealth rock, the steel types that it needs to get, while CC, and BB are even stronger now.

Sub eases prediction for Gyarados, but it's really a wasted move in a lot of cases since people don't often target Gyarados with status. DD or another attack would probably be more useful.

Oh man, shit sucks

I was replying to this topic and I closed the window by accident.

Well, to tell the idea of fearow in few words:

-People tend to understimate Fearow and set up in his face (SD scizors, all forry) or do any dumb move (CB scizors, most of them try to pursuit ot predict a switch from me and U turn, they get a heat wave in the face)

In comparison with Staraptor, who got uber attack, people dont undertimate him, so people is more likely to bullet punch his face off.

-Delibird does similar to fearow in some way, because people tend to understimate him and lure physical attackers sometimes, other times Aerodactyl users tend to set up SR first and then attack, Delibird wins then. Don't forget sleep leads.

-The point it's: There are more factors than just Stats, trait and movepool involved.

Anyways, cool staraptor set but IMO you dont need that much Special attack besdies for Skarmory.

actually any decent scizor user would bullet punch a fearow(and raptor) right away, stats movepool and trait ARE the only important things in a pokemon and your set is literally 100% outclassed by crobat, staraptor and over 100 different pokemons.

Oh man, shit sucks

I was replying to this topic and I closed the window by accident.

Well, to tell the idea of fearow in few words:

-People tend to understimate Fearow and set up in his face (SD scizors, all forry) or do any dumb move (CB scizors, most of them try to pursuit ot predict a switch from me and U turn, they get a heat wave in the face)

In comparison with Staraptor, who got uber attack, people dont undertimate him, so people is more likely to bullet punch his face off.

-Delibird does similar to fearow in some way, because people tend to understimate him and lure physical attackers sometimes, other times Aerodactyl users tend to set up SR first and then attack, Delibird wins then. Don't forget sleep leads.

-The point it's: There are more factors than just Stats, trait and movepool involved.

Anyways, cool staraptor set but IMO you dont need that much Special attack besdies for Skarmory.
So your whole argument about Fearow being not outclassed/ has a niche in OU because of 'underestimation'? It is true that some users are complacent when facing weaker/hardly seen pokemon, but this is not a strong enough argument to use Fearow or Delibird.

Haters gonna hate

Anyways, just will leave this and post tomorrow.

Begin Turn #14
Fearow used Heat Wave!
(44% damage)
It's super effective!
Skarmory fainted!
Crobat has Heat Wave also. Higher Sp.Atk as well. Crobat would've done this much better.
You seem to be oblivious to the arguments people are giving you. It seems like you're intentionally ignoring everything that everyone else is saying.

actually any decent scizor user would bullet punch a fearow(and raptor) right away, stats movepool and trait ARE the only important things in a pokemon and your set is literally 100% outclassed by crobat, staraptor and over 100 different pokemons.
Eh, no.

-It's not outclassed
-You're ignoring a bunch of other factors that I already said

So your whole argument about Fearow being not outclassed/ has a niche in OU because of 'underestimation'? It is true that some users are complacent when facing weaker/hardly seen pokemon, but this is not a strong enough argument to use Fearow or Delibird.
It's good enough, together with other factors (that I already said) to be using them.

-----------

@Mazaki Anzu, there is reason no one agrees about your set, PLAIN AND SIMPLE, ITS OUTCLASSED BY CROBAT IN EVERY GOD DAMN WAY! Did you even read any of my posts? Crobat deals more damage, has higher SpA, and a much higher Spe stat, not to mention way more bulk, making it much more viable in the OU environment. Your set gets OHKOd by let me think, anything.

Don't you get it? Seriously I can't even tell if you are trolling, Fearow is NU for a reason, there is barely anything in NU that can be useful in the OU environment except for some pokes which are clearly outclassed. I mean don't you understand simple orginality vs inferiority?

Anyway, here is a quote about Altaria which further proves why Fearow is shit.

Altaria is often known as the "UU Dragon" because it's simply outclassed by Salamence and other Dragons in OU.
Clearly outclassed by Crobat.

EDIT: I should also mention that a pure Physical Staraptor is more effective, it has access to great STABs in Return and Brave Bird, while also having Close Combat and U-Turn, its more effective than any Fearow set.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
Let me settle this once and for all.

Fearow Heat Wave vs Agiligross(Most common gross I see- 112/0) 45% - 53.2%
CB Staraptor Close combat vs Agiligross(112/12) 48.9% - 57.8%

When you can do more with a Physical attack to Metagross than a special attack, you're OUTCLASSED. If you want to argue freedom of attacking, LO still does 42.6% - 50.2%, which is almost as much as Fearow attacking Metagross' weaker stat. I'd also like to mention that every single one of Crobat's stats EXCEPT for Attack, which is equal, are higher than Fearow's AND it has superior typing, and can do more damage on all standard Heat Wave carrying sets, PLUS is has a larger movepool.

There is no attribute Fearow has that SEVERAL other Pokemon have except better.

There is no reason to use Fearow in OU. Ever. Even in UU it gets completely outclassed because of Moltres. Fearow is terrible. It's hardly even usable in NU, let alone UU or OU. Stop with this Fearow nonsense right now.

In addition, even if Fearow manages to kill a Scizor/metagross/blah blah (if it actually kills, I didn't run calculations) , it is a liability in the team. I rather use Crobat (which outclasses Fearow btw) because of the extremely useful 4x resistance to fighting. There are many ways to kill Scizor, and Fearow is the one of those pokemon I won't bother to look at. I can argue more but I'm tired of your 'arguments'.

@Mazaki Anzu, there is reason no one agrees about your set, PLAIN AND SIMPLE, ITS OUTCLASSED BY CROBAT IN EVERY GOD DAMN WAY! Did you even read any of my posts? Crobat deals more damage, has higher SpA, and a much higher Spe stat, not to mention way more bulk, making it much more viable in the OU environment. Your set gets OHKOd by let me think, anything.
Did you read my posts?

Crobat is emo.

Anyways, I just found the best replacement for Quick attack (the filler attack in my set): Giga Impact.

there is barely anything in NU that can be useful in the OU environment except for some pokes which are clearly outclassed.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. OH WOW

Anyway, here is a quote about Altaria which further proves why Fearow is shit.
>Implying Altaria proves fearow is shit somehow
>Implying Altaria doesn't have it's own unique uses that other dragons can't do, making the comparison stupid and proving my point that it's very hard to outclass 100% a pokemon.

EDIT: I should also mention that a pure Physical Staraptor is more effective, it has access to great STABs in Return and Brave Bird, while also having Close Combat and U-Turn, its more effective than any Fearow set.
Heat Wave Staraptor seems more viable than your shitty ideas.

Let me settle this once and for all.
Oh, sir, you look confident.

Fearow Heat Wave vs Agiligross(Most common gross I see- 112/0) 45% - 53.2%
CB Staraptor Close combat vs Agiligross(112/12) 48.9% - 57.8%

lol, he compares choiced sets

lol, he doesn't take in count other steels

Metagross: Bitches don't know 'bout my bullet punch against -1 defense staraptor

Protip: Fearow kill Scizor, Forry and such.

He's also cool because he doesn't have to kill himself.

fuck this, he is trolling us with this bullshit.

i dont know if you are just mentally retarded or is acting like one out of ignorance so i am going to ask you one thing.

its not what other pokemons can do that fearow cant but WHAT can fearow do that other pokemons cant? for god fucking sake.

what the heck can fearow do with that set that staraptor and crobat are not capable of? what move in there dont make him outclassed? why the fuck are you using giga impact? stop the trolling and act serious.

also dragonite outclass altaria 100%, dont say natural cure because nite can heal his status with heal bell.

Event Raikou @ Choice Scarf
Rash Nature
4 HP/252 Special Attack/252 Speed
- Thunderbolt
- Aura Sphere
- HP Ice
- Shadow Ball

Rash Nature combined with Raikou's base speed isn't all bad. Max Speed gives stat of 329 which allows this Raikou to outspeed all base 100s with a Choice Scarf and below. In fact this is a great revenge killer to many of OUs top threats (Salamence, Tyranitar, Gyarados etc.), getting great coverage.

also dragonite outclass altaria 100%, dont say natural cure because nite can heal his status with heal bell.
Excuse me, but I have to comment on this.

1. Heal Bell cannot cure (your) sleep (or freeze) conditions. (And cannot do so with you switching OUT but only with you staying IN.) Both 'things' don't even work remotely similar in battle. That said, Altaria is the better heal beller as it is way harder to force it into heal belling (giving it about 5 shots if you play with pressure).

2. The unique movepool of Alteria includes Sing, Pursuit, Power Swap/Psych Up, Perish Song and (wtf?) Sky Attack.

Of course you're right, when you say, that in most cases, altaria is just way worse than dragonite. But saying it is outclassed 100% is a bit over the top... That's what you use high numbers for. ;) Altaria is outclassed 99%.

Did you read my posts?

Crobat is emo.

So what you're saying is, Crobat is emo, therefore it is not good? Crobat has all of the moves that's on your Fearow's set excluding Giga Impact which is complete garbage anyway. Crobat also has superior stats. Quit trolling.

Anyways, I just found the best replacement for Quick attack (the filler attack in my set): Giga Impact.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. OH WOW

>Implying Altaria proves fearow is shit somehow
>Implying Altaria doesn't have it's own unique uses that other dragons can't do, making the comparison stupid and proving my point that it's very hard to outclass 100% a pokemon.

What?

Heat Wave Staraptor seems more viable than your shitty ideas.
Okay, just stop right there. That was already brought up, you're obviously trolling now.

Oh, sir, you look confident.

lol, he compares choiced sets

lol, he doesn't take in count other steels

He also mentioned an LO calculation. Other steels would have similar results.

Metagross: Bitches don't know 'bout my bullet punch against -1 defense staraptor

Protip: Fearow kill Scizor, Forry and such.

He's also cool because he doesn't have to kill himself.

Crobat has Heat Wave and superior typing, higher stats altogether.

Oohh let me feed the troll too.

Pidgeot has a stronger Heat Wave, U-Turn and Brave Bird. WOOT hahaha

Well, now let me post a nice set. I'm sure i posted this a while ago, but that's the definitive version (after some intensive testing and EV corrections):

Name set: Lead Blastoise
Blastoise @ Lum Berry
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 184 HP / 252 SpA/ 72 Spe
Nature: Modest
-Hydro Pump
-Aqua Jet
-Rapid Spin
-Ice Beam/Yawn/Mirror Coat

Very simple and effective lead.
It acts like a mix of Starmie and Empoleon leads. It has reasonably high bulk and good power (to remember: Modest Blastoise has almost the same sp.atk from Timid Starmie).
It can't set SR up and doesn't have Empoleon's power: keep in mind that it can clear the field from SR while still defeating most leads (including Machamp, Infernape and Smeargle ones, that Empoleon can't beat).

Moves: Hydro Pump is necessary to grab the needed 2HKO on Machamp, Azelf, Jirachi and Metagross leads. Also provides you with a reasonably powerful attack.
Aqua Jet is to pick off weakened leads like Azelf or Smeargle before they do something mean to you.
Rapid Spin is crucial to the set. Since most leads are inclined to set up SR , you can get rid of them when needed while preserving some precious health by dealing a 2HKO on most of them.
The other move is up to you: Ice Beam is the best choice. It has good coverage, only missing water pokes. Also deals with Dragonite leads.
Yawn serves as a "phazer" or to cripple something resisting your STAB.
Mirror Coat is there for only one purpose: defeating problematic leads that Blastoise couldn't normally take, like... Empoleon and Starmie. Small world, huh O_o.
Lum Berry saves you from Machamp confusion hax, Spore, or any other crippling move out there.

EVs: The speed EVs lets you to outspeed troll Machamps with max speed, along with some other pokes like bulky Breloom. Max special attack is obvious. The rest goes to HP to further it's nice bulk.

One thing to keep in mind: if you have this poke at full health and Rotom-A is against you, if you want to, don't hesitate: Thunderbolt won't KO you, and puts you on Torrent range. A boosted Hydro Pump deals 94.6% - 111.6% on 4/0 versions, leaving it open for Aqua Jet. Sweet huh?
You need to be sure that you can spin rocks away before that, of course.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)