A Better Anti Dancer?:

Bronzong@Occa Berry/Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
252 HP, 4 SAtk, 252 SDef, Sassy Nature
-Hidden Power Ice
-Explosion
-Shadow Ball/Flash Cannon/Earthquake
-Charge Beam/Grass Knot/Light Screen/Reflect

As long as Bronzong switches in on the first turn, this set will completely counter DDMence and take out Mixmence if it doesn’t use Fire Blast on the switch in. HP Ice is the main move on this set, which with the provided EVs will OHKO Mence after factoring Stealth Rock damage. Charge Beam is for Gyarados, as Bronzong can also counter some versions due to Charge Beam. Shadow Ball or Flash Cannon are both recommended here for coverage after gaining a special attack boost, but Earthquake provides more coverage. Explosion is for Blissey, who would otherwise wall this set, plus also works as a last resort for Mence if need be. Throwing Reflect or Light Screen also may work to set up other teammates. Maximizing HP and Special Defense means that Bronzong is more than likely to survive consecutive Fire Blasts from Mixmence, although you lose considerable attacking power. An alternative spread is 252 HP/104 SAtk/154 SDef so that Bronzong can OHKO Mence with only Stealth Rock damage in effect.

Against Salamence

Of the battles played in May 2010, Salamence was used over half of the time as a Dragon Dancer, while it just over a third of them used a variation of the Mixmence set. Two thirds of all Mences used Life Orb, so factoring in Stealth Rock damage Bronzong just has to do about 65% damage to Mence after factoring Stealth Rock damage and Life Orb recoil. These calculations assume the general EV set from the Smogon Pokedex and that Mence has a Life Orb attached to it.

Mixmence (new version)

Draco Meteor (Mixmence): 25.1% - 29.9%
Fire Blast (w/Occa Berry): 28.7% - 34%
Fire Blast (w/o Occa Berry): 57.4% - 68%
Flamethrower (w/Occa Berry): 23.1% - 27.2%
Flamethrower (w/o Occa Berry): 46.2% - 54.4%
Outrage: 28.7% - 33.7%

Of this combination, Mence’s only way of 2HKOing Bronzong is for Fire Blast to hit both times and to hit for near max damage each time unless Bronzong is not hampered by Stealth Rock. Fire Blast’s chances of hitting twice in a row is only 72.25% to begin with, so Bronzong can come up against Mence more times than not.

HP Ice: 67.7% - 81% (OHKO after Rocks and LO recoil)

DDMence

Fire Blast (w/ Occa Berry): 24% - 28.4%
Fire Blast (w/o Occa Berry): 47.9% - 56.8%
Outrage +0: 33.7% - 39.6%
Outrage +1: 50.6% - 59.5%

DDMence barring a critical hit will not get past this Bronzong as long as it switches in on the first Dragon Dance. Even if DDMence uses Fire Blast on the switch, it will not 2HKO Bronzong unless it gets burned or strikes a Critical Hit.

Looks like a pretty solid switch-in to Salamence, but I'm not convinced that a mixed Tank Bronzong is much good for anything else. It's beaten by the same Pokemon that normally switch into Bronzong, like Rotom-A, Gyarados, and other Bulky Waters. Charge Beam actually only does 32.4% - 38.9% to BulkyDD Gyarados. Bronzong already misses a recovery move, and not having Leftovers just makes it worse.

You're going to have trouble keeping this hidden just for Salamence when Bronzong could be out there walling things the entire game.

toshimelonhead

Honey Badger don't care.
is a Tiering Contributor
Honestly, I don't see it doing much otherwise either. Perhaps a supporter set like SR, Explosion, HP Ice, Shadow Ball might work better?

When I ran Bronzong a while ago, I used Hypnosis over SR (I already had a Lead Metagross). It could still cripple Salamence and Latias, even if it was only 60% of the time, and could allow me to take out switch-ins like Heatran and Magnezone more easily. Trick+Lagging Tail/Macho Brace could work as well.

Bulky Offensive Suicune

Suicune @ Leftovers
Timid Nature- Pressure
216 Spe/ 120 HP/ 172 Spa

Calm Mind
Surf
Ice Beam
Hidden Power Electric

With the above EVs, Suicune barely avoids being 2HKOed by Ape with Lefties, so Suicune can retaliate back with Surf. Enough Speed to outrun stuff like Jolly Gyarados and slam it with HP Electric, and the rest is pumped into Special attack. This can also 2HKO Celebi on the switch with Ice Beam, and outspeeds standard Defensive Celebi as well. Also makes a great check to Heatran and can take an Outrage quite well from Mence (62% max) as well as Draco Meteor (72% max).

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
Bulky Offensive Suicune

Suicune @ Leftovers
Timid Nature- Pressure
216 Spe/ 120 HP/ 172 Spa

Calm Mind
Surf
Ice Beam
Hidden Power Electric

With the above EVs, Suicune barely avoids being 2HKOed by Ape with Lefties, so Suicune can retaliate back with Surf. Enough Speed to outrun stuff like Jolly Gyarados and slam it with HP Electric, and the rest is pumped into Special attack. This can also 2HKO Celebi on the switch with Ice Beam, and outspeeds standard Defensive Celebi as well. Also makes a great check to Heatran and can take an Outrage quite well from Mence (62% max) as well as Draco Meteor (72% max).
The given EVs are common for a special sweeper. However, if a bulkier Suicune is desired, Leftovers can be used over Life Orb with an EV spread of 172 HP / 120 SpA / 216 Spe with a Timid nature. Timid and 216 Speed EVs let Suicune outrun all Pokémon with base 80 Speed and below.
Already mentioned in the analysis with a slightly more defensive EV spread.

I know this isn't allowed on the wifi game, but its allowed on shoddy.

Sniper Kingdra
bashful nature (it's mixed, and I didn't want to drop his defences, since his typing is amazing.)
252 speed/200 hp/ 28 attack/ 28 special attack
Sniper w/ scope lens
focus energy
waterfall
dragon pulse
ice beam

The point of this set is to sweep. The damage though comes from critical hits rather than raw power. The only thing that really holds this set back is the lack of moves on kingdra that raise his critical hit ratio. Regardless, with scope lens and focus energy, critical hits should be coming, and with Kingdra's bulk, he should be able to stand his ground and stick around to wipe out the enemy.​

I think Draco Meteor would be a useful move on a Focus Energy/Sniper Kingdra. Not only does DM hit for nearly as much as Dragon Pulse even at -2, but a Critical Hit completely ignores the SpA drop and will hit for full damage. A Critical Draco Meteor is basically hitting like you had two Nasty Plot boosts, and happens 33% of the time. I would also go ahead and just use a more offensive set, with a Rash nature and more SpA/Atk investment. Kingdra has great typing and is quite bulky even without significant HP investment. Even critical hits won't power you through more defensive Pokemon like Skarmory and Jirachi, who completely wall this set and can freely set up on it without repeated criticals.

I think Draco Meteor would be a useful move on a Focus Energy/Sniper Kingdra. Not only does DM hit for nearly as much as Dragon Pulse even at -2, but a Critical Hit completely ignores the SpA drop and will hit for full damage. A Critical Draco Meteor is basically hitting like you had two Nasty Plot boosts, and happens 33% of the time. I would also go ahead and just use a more offensive set, with a Rash nature and more SpA/Atk investment. Kingdra has great typing and is quite bulky even without significant HP investment. Even critical hits won't power you through more defensive Pokemon like Skarmory and Jirachi, who completely wall this set and can freely set up on it without repeated criticals.
Completely agreeing with this.
Although, I'd run a Hasty/Naive instead to get a Focus Energy in quicker.
This is a really creative set... haven't ever seen it :o
Too bad you can't use it on wifi though...

Nails

Double Threat
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Jirachi @ Leftovers
252 HP 252 SpA 4 Spd or 252 HP 128 Def 128 SpD

Cosmic Power
Wish
Charge Beam
Flash Cannon/Ice Beam

Switch in on something that can't harm you. Start setting up cosmic powers and wishing, steadily getting stronger defenses. Then, start charge beaming up to +6 SpA (Jirachi has a 90% chance of A boost after accuracy and serene grace) and sweep with flash cannon/charge beam. Steel/Electric has decent coverage, and if something resists both (Swampert, Electric types), it's still not going to like a +6 STAB Flash cannon coming at them. Flash cannon also has a 20% chance to lower their special defence (serene grace) allowing jirachi to kill blissey.

This set is both a wall, a wish passer, and a special sweeper that can set up on Blissey. Because of Rachi's steel typing it's immune to toxic, and because of its huge defenses after a couple cosmic powers, blissey has to resort to 5hkoing with siemic toss, while you can wish to heal and charge beam up.

Additionally, it doesn't mind paralysis all that much, as even if it's slower, they still can't do much to it. It loves burns, as it makes it immune to other statuses, and the 6% a turn isn't huge (lefties).

This set is a combination of sorts between the Wish/Calm Mind and the Sub/Calm mind sets. It keeps the protection against physical attacks that the substitute provides, and the healing of the wish/cm set. It still has two attacks to take advantage of, and if the opponent allows it to set up 2 cosmic powers, nothing barring Heatran/Infernape can kill it. After 3-4 defense boosts it can stall out a heatran, and set up charge beams while wishing on alternate turns.

Another advantage this set has is less of a weakness to taunt. With a boosting move that isn't ruined by taunt, it can still set up even while taunted, provided you have a few cosmic powers set up.

This set is weak to phazers, as the 12 turns to get up to +6/+6/+6 is asking to be phazed. However, if you can incapacitate their phazers in some way, they will have a hard time stopping this set.

Some random sets I've used

Bide Lead Swampert
252 HP/252 Def/4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock
- Bide

Swampert is almost IMPOSSIBLE to 2HKO in the lead position, making it an excellent user of bide. Obviously, play the same way you would to leads except anti-leads (Machamp), where you Bide and laugh at how you outspeed his dynamic punch (bide has +1 priority)

Works semi-well as a lead. Basically lets you beat machamp.

Charge Zapdos
248 HP/228 Def/32 Spe
- Charge
- Thunderbolt/Charge Beam
- Roost
- Heat Wave/HP Ice/HP Grass

Charge increases Zapdos' SpD by one stage, as well as making Thunderbolt ridiculously powerful. Charge Beam is an option, since +2 Charge Beam does more damage than a tbolt, your last move is strong, and it gives you a pseudo-calm mind.

Few ideas that I haven't tested:

Grudge Gengar: Lol scizor with no bullet punch
Imprison Heatproof Bronzong: With EQ, the opponent cannot use EQ on you after you imprison them.
Agility Kingler: 130 Base Attack, backed by Crabhammer/Return (only resisted by Empoleon in OU), along with up to 546 Spe is dangerous

Mudslap Brightpowder Gliscor: lol you can't hit me

(Flash Cacturne, Flash Froslass, Mud-Slap Dugtrio (lol no Arena Trap), Sand-Attack Sandslash, Sand-Attack Glaceon can do it too, but Gliscor has the bulk to afford to be hit)

I highly doubt the effectiveness of Bide Swampert. The main reason no-one uses Bide at all in competitive Pokemon is that you're leaving yourself exposed for a turn, so that gives your opponent to switch to their Swampert counter, so your surprise is stuffed. Besides, Swampert still has to deal with Dynamicpunch's confusion, so it's not really a good Machamp counter, and I would not use Bide over something more productive such as Roar.

if bide works with protect however, then you're free to set up rocks as they don't attack or you protect as they keep attacking - either way, not good for them.

Few ideas that I haven't tested:

Grudge Gengar: Lol scizor with no bullet punch

Grudge Gengar doesn't work; bullet punch would come firrst...you'd need to predict the scizor's switch-in.

Imprison Heatproof Bronzong: With EQ, the opponent cannot use EQ on you after you imprison them.

Imprisonzong has been done, back in #3 or something...

Agility Kingler: 130 Base Attack, backed by Crabhammer/Return (only resisted by Empoleon in OU), along with up to 546 Spe is dangerous

Been working on this myself...

Kingler @ Life Orb
Adamant, Hyper Cutter
140HP/252Atk/116Spe
- Crabhammer
- Return/Rock Slide
- Brick Break/X-Scissor
- Agility

still testing, though, Hits 215 speed (430 after agility).

Critical Outspeeds:
426: +Spe Togekiss (no flinching)
418: +Spe, +2 Metagross
417: +Spe Scarf Heatran
346: +Spe Infernape

Crabhammer VS:

4/0 Tyranitar: 75.4% - 89.5%
252/80 Bronzong: 34% - 40.2%
252/168 +Def Hippowdon: 45.7% - 54.3%
252/176 Flygon: 37.9% - 44.8%
0/0 Infernape: 127% - 149.5%
0/4 Gengar: 80.8% - 95.4%
0/4 Jolteon: 116.2% - 137.3%
0/0 Heatran: 83.6% - 98.5%
112/12 Metagross: 50.5% - 59.6%
252/40 Gliscor: 94.9% - 111.9%
252/40 +Def Gliscor: 86.4% - 101.7%
252/144 Forretress: 24% - 28.8%
248/252 +Def Shuckle: 32.1% - 37.9%
0/0 -Def Shedinja: 0%

Return VS:

0/4 Gyarados: 39% - 45.9%
4/0 Flygon: 42.1% - 49.7%

Rock Slide VS:

0/4 Gyarados: 85.2% - 100.9%
0/0 Dragonite: 75.5% - 89.2%
0/0 Salamence: 85.2% - 100.3%
248/0 Scizor: 34.4% - 40.5%
252/40 Gliscor: 26% - 31.1%
4/0 Zapdos: 83.2% - 98.1%
248/228 +Def Zapdos: 50.1% - 59%
0/0 -Def Shedinja 48200% - 56800%

Brick Break VS:

0/24 Empoleon: 55.2% - 64.9%
4/0 Tyranitar: 125.1% - 148.5%
252/0 Umbreon: 54.3% - 64.5%
252/252+Def Blissey: 39.5% - 46.8%

X-Scissor VS:

4/0 Tyranitar: 67.3% - 79.5%
252/0 Umbreon: 58.4% - 69%
136/156 Starmie: 82% - 96.9%
252/240 +Def Starmie: 62.3% - 73.5%
252/240 +Def Starmie: 31.5% - 37.7% (w/reflect)
232/0 Celebi: 125.3% - 148.4%
252/220 +Def Celebi: 91.1% - 107.9%

Taking Hits:
CB 252 +Atk Scizor Bullet Punch: 25.2% - 29.4%
CB 252 +Atk Scizor Superpower: 66.8% - 78.7%
252 Tyranitar Crunch: 41.3% - 49.3%
252 Tyranitar Earthquake: 34.6% - 40.9%
252 Tyranitar Superpower: 41.6% - 49.3%
252 +Atk Gyarados Earthquake: 46.9% - 55.2%
0 Hippowdon Earthquake: 37.1% - 44.1%
252 Heatran Flamethrower: 47.2% - 55.6%
252 Heatran Dragon Pulse: 59.4% - 70.3%

Crabhammer VS:
0/4 Gengar: 80.8% - 95.4%
0/0 Heatran: 83.6% - 98.5%

Return VS:
0/4 Gyarados: 39% - 45.9%

Brick Break VS:

252/252+Def Blissey: 39.5% - 46.8%

Taking Hits:

252 Heatran Flamethrower: 47.2% - 55.6%
252 Heatran Dragon Pulse: 59.4% - 70.3%
I dunno, to me, this doesn't look so hot. You are 2HKO'd by Flamethrower from Heatran. Not much special defense at all. Gyarados really will stop you, and force you to switch, and that's a major setback for a sweeper as almost all stall teams will have a Gyarados. Does Kingler get Thunderfang or something?

The biggest problem with Kingler besides a lack of STAB options is its poor speed and complete lack of bulk or immunities. It's going to have a hard time switching in on anything. I mean, look at your Hippowdon calcs. That's a 2hko on you most of the time after LO Recoil, and you only do ~50% back. All you can really switch in on is resisted physical hits like Bullet Punch. TTar is only forced out by its 4x Fighting weakness.

I've been playing around with this...
Snorlax @ Leftovers
4 HP, 252 Att, 252 SpD, Adamant
Yawn
Focus Punch
Pursuit
Return/EQ/Fire Punch

Basically Yawn into Focus Punch, Pursuit, or Yawn again, depending on the Pokemon or your prediction. The last move is filler. I first used Return, but I've been using Fire Punch now to predict Scizor switch-ins.

For the Kingler, are the calcs on Gyarados before or after Intimidate?

That Snorlax looks pretty useful (see: annoying). I might have to try it out, though I think you could do more with the EV's, particularly on defense.

Calcs are factoring in both Gyarados' Intimidate and Kingler's Hyper Cutter.

also; added calcs for Rock Slide, Crabhammer and Brick Break; pondering scrapping Return. Kingler's looking better already...

Also also; regarding getting Kingler in...tricky, but not impossible...Scizor KOing with Bullet Punch is a likely scenario, no? Why not have Kingler come in after the KO and set up while Scizor switches out? Surely other opportunities like this could arise...

...Any other calcs I could ring up for my Kingler to make him potentially look better?

Have you tested Crabhammer / X-Scissor or Return / Rock Slide? Crabhammer is hitting Tyranitar for a lot of damage already, and it isn't losing too much power against Blissey. Meanwhile, Rock Slide hits Zapdos, Gyarados, and Salamence. X-Scissor provides coverage against stuff like Umbreon, but most importantly Starmie and Celebi. The latter two are becoming more common as Latias is banished to Ubers.

Have you tested Crabhammer / X-Scissor or Return / Rock Slide? Crabhammer is hitting Tyranitar for a lot of damage already, and it isn't losing too much power against Blissey. Meanwhile, Rock Slide hits Zapdos, Gyarados, and Salamence. X-Scissor provides coverage against stuff like Umbreon, but most importantly Starmie and Celebi. The latter two are becoming more common as Latias is banished to Ubers.
I've given thought to X-Scissor, but I don't know what to slash it onto. If I slash it with Crabhammer, it loses STAB coverage. If I slash it with Rock Slide, it loses to Gyarados and Zapdos, among others, and if I slash it with Brick Break it's walled by Empoleon...

...though Brick Break seems the best choice; I'll run a few calcs and see how it fares...

EDIT: updated with X-Scissor calcs...still worried about Empoleon, though...

You don't have to follow Smogon's tiers, but you still have to use Pokemon that aren't completely outclassed if you want to win. Crobat performs the duties of this set better than Fearow in every way. It's faster, it has higher SpA, and higher defenses. It also has better typing that allows it to switch into Ground, Fighting, Bug, and Grass attacks with relative impunity. Fearow's poor defenses mean it'll take over 50% from many resisted attacks.

In fact, take a look at the Life Orb set. You can use Quick Attack over Roost, if you'd like, but it really won't do you much good.
Crobat @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
EVs: 204 Atk / 88 SpA / 216 Spe
Brave Bird
Heat Wave
U-turn
Roost

This Crobat has 311-267-196-198-176-385 stats, while your Fearow only has 271-279-166-185-142-300 stats. It also does a hell of a lot more damage, and the Brave Bird and LO recoil isn't all that big of a deal since you're probably not going to get to switch in and attack more than once or twice anyway, and you can Roost it off.

The only thing this Fearow is doing is checking...Roserade and Heracross, I guess. There is really no reason to use Fearow in OU. The only thing it has that Crobat doesn't is Baton Pass, which Gliscor does better. Expert Belt doesn't do you much good with Fire/Flying/Normal coverage. Also, I don't know if you meant Spe (Speed) or SpD (Special Defense) in your EV spread, but 148 SpD will not help it in any way (especially since you're running a -SpD nature), and 148 Speed does not outspeed anything of interest, except maybe Choice Specs Shaymin, who will beat you unless it misses on Seed Flare or if it's locked into Earth Power.
Well, I tought about life orb before giving expert belt, but as anyone may know Fearow's defenses sucks, also Crobat's.

I could argue a lot with you and, I think, prove Fearow's not outclassed (without saying crobats resistances are a pretty cool guy), that very few pokemon are outclassed 100% but that won't help anyways, also my experience says most people are close-minded.

But that's not the point, the point it's that Fearow it's already frail, he doesn't need that recoil from brave bird or life orb. Quic Attack is mainly a filler but It helped me... once.

Also, something funny about your post "Crobat does hell of a ton more damage"... that crobat has barely less attack and barely more special attack than my fearow... I doubt that's "hell of a ton".

My EV spread it's to outspeed base 100 neutral nature pokemon, and you forgot the most important thing about the set: Heat wave

Think about it (heat wave) and post again, that would be funny at least.

About the machamp topic... there are lots of leads that can easily 2hko popular leads, I think there may be some lead that could 2hko MOST of leads, common and uncommon, but I haven't researched that.

In any case, other than perhaps scarf dynamicpunch I haven't seen anything... special about lead machamps besides confusion and surprise value (which it already lost)

EDIT: I saw your other post and I will say it again to make this amusing: Very few pokemon are outclassed

EDIT2: About the kingler discussion: Perhaps you could use superpower, it force yourself to switch but... I guess it's better to kill something and then run than not killing sometimes and perhaps die.

Btw your calcs (offensive at least) are wrong.

You do 65%+ to 252/252+def Hippowdon.

Well, I tought about life orb before giving expert belt, but as anyone may know Fearow's defenses sucks, also Crobat's.

I could argue a lot with you and, I think, prove Fearow's not outclassed (without saying crobats resistances are a pretty cool guy), that very few pokemon are outclassed 100% but that won't help anyways, also my experience says most people are close-minded.

But that's not the point, the point it's that Fearow it's already frail, he doesn't need that recoil from brave bird or life orb. Quic Attack is mainly a filler but It helped me... once.

Also, something funny about your post "Crobat does hell of a ton more damage"... that crobat has barely less attack and barely more special attack than my fearow... I doubt that's "hell of a ton".

My EV spread it's to outspeed base 100 neutral nature pokemon, and you forgot the most important thing about the set: Heat wave

Think about it (heat wave) and post again, that would be funny at least.

About the machamp topic... there are lots of leads that can easily 2hko popular leads, I think there may be some lead that could 2hko MOST of leads, common and uncommon, but I haven't researched that.

In any case, other than perhaps scarf dynamicpunch I haven't seen anything... special about lead machamps besides confusion and surprise value (which it already lost)

EDIT: I saw your other post and I will say it again to make this amusing: Very few pokemon are outclassed

EDIT2: About the kingler discussion: Perhaps you could use superpower, it force yourself to switch but... I guess it's better to kill something and then run than not killing sometimes and perhaps die.

Btw your calcs (offensive at least) are wrong.

You do 65%+ to 252/252+def Hippowdon.
Fearow's frailness is exactly what makes Life Orb a better option. Fearow is not going to live to sweep. The only thing it's capable of doing is hitting hard and hitting fast, and hopefully knocking down a Pokemon or two before it goes down. Expert Belt won't help Fearow at all. It's too weak, and Flying doesn't hit very many types for super effective damage. Oh, and by the way, Crobat has 85/80/80 defenses. That's not frail. The only thing that makes it frail is Stealth Rock weakness and Bolt/Beam weakness from being Flying type.

Brave Bird has 120 power. Drill Peck has 80. That's a 50% difference. Crobat's Attack is hardly lower, and only because it has less Attack investment (they both have the same base attack). EVERY SINGLE ONE of Crobat's stats are either the same or higher than Fearow's.

Crobat also has access to Heat Wave, and has a slightly higher Special Attack to work with. In fact, it's used in the set I suggested. Crobat has access to all of the moves you listed on your Fearow. I don't even know what point you're trying to make by mentioning Heat Wave. Neither Pokemon gets STAB on it, or anything.

So to sum up (AGAIN), Crobat is bulkier, faster, stronger specially, and has a better movepool than Fearow. How exactly is Fearow not outclassed? Give me one reasonable situation where Fearow would be more useful.

Outspeeding neutral base 100s is pointless. Base 100s don't run neutral natures and max Speed EVs. Great, you outspeed a defensive Jirachi. Say hi to Ice Punch.

Fearow's frailness is exactly what makes Life Orb a better option. [...] It's too weak, and Flying doesn't hit very many types for super effective damage.
Stop theorymon'ing, it doesn't

Fearow needs every bit survivability it can get.

And i'm not using expert belt because of the flying type move.

Brave Bird has 120 power. Drill Peck has 80. That's a 50% difference.
Wow, you know maths.

Anyways, it still isn't hell of tons of damage (You do like 35-% to swampert (life orb'd), while drill peck does like 20%+ (expert belt'd, no bonus); it seems like some difference but in the long run it doesn't matter at all, same when you brave bird steel types: You're just killing yourself

Im not saying brave bird it's bad, but Drill peck it's not bad either and it can be better in this scenario.

Crobat also has access to Heat Wave, and has a slightly higher Special Attack to work with. [...] Crobat has access to all of the moves you listed on your Fearow. I don't even know what point you're trying to make by mentioning Heat Wave. Neither Pokemon gets STAB on it, or anything.
Think again

Credits: 2

So to sum up (AGAIN), Crobat is bulkier, faster, stronger specially, and has a better movepool than Fearow.
Well, I'll give you a hint: The special attack isn't that important. (It's important, that's why I give Fearow special attack EVs, but not that crucial. However Heat wave is)

How exactly is Fearow not outclassed? Give me one reasonable situation where Fearow would be more useful.
Well, well. Here's one of the main problems I see in pokemon players: You divide things into sweeper, tank/wall, hit & run. Probably you couldnt classify a HP Grass/Ice beam/Counter/Rapid Spin Delibird into one of these other than a joke-tier like "trash" even if it's useful as hell.

Back into Fearow, it fits more into hit & run, but the point it's mainly to tease the pokemon of the opponent. Fearow it's a good pokemon to lure Steel types and for that you don't WANT to go all "allah ackbar" like Brave bird does, also, specially since most steel types have a way to OHKO/2HKO both Fearow and Crobat, meaning roost it's useless.

Perhaps I'm ruining the fun here, but whatever.

Outspeeding neutral base 100s is pointless. Base 100s don't run neutral natures and max Speed EVs. Great, you outspeed a defensive Jirachi. Say hi to Ice Punch.
I know 300 speed it's kinda meh, but I wanted to put EVs on special attack

But now that you mention it, I may run enough to outspeed +speed 90s. That can help. Ty

About Jirachi, I wouldnt stay on that uber anyways. Most run scarf so that would be meaningless, besides, it got 100 in everything meaning heat wave will do like 35% only, unlike other steels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)