Official TPCI Pokemon Tournament 2009 | Congrats to all who participated!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) Yes. EVs count for all pokemon. You just won't have their full effects. At level 50, ~8 EVs = 1 stat point
2) It helps
3) You bring 6, though you only get 4 in battle
4) Somebody else should answer this.
5) They have IVs (all pokemon do >_>). You can EV train a level 50 too; just fight low leveled pokemon so that you don't level up, and when you're done deposit it in the PC. Exit, withdraw, and vuala. So in other words yes.
6) Yes. You can find them here, though the jist is:

~Species Clause
~Item Clause
~Name Clause (two pokemon cannot have same name; pokemon cannot be nicknamed other species names, like Gliscor named Lucario; no inappropriate names)

Ban list can be found in the link and original post.

imperfectluck

Banned deucer.
This is in my backyard.

Also looking for people in the area interested in carpooling with me (I have a car) to go to Cali so I can save on gas.

Well I lack info in double battling or Smeargles in general. I never used one in a team and played against ones using spore, sub, SD, and Baton Pass only.

Xia

On porpoise
is a Contributor Alumnus
Smeargle really isn't that huge of a problem if you watch people play on youtube. And besides, I don't use one. ;]

ErictheEevee, check out skarmbliss.com and the forum attached to learn a thing or two (hundred) about doubles. They helped me build my team from the ground up.

Sorry if this has already been answered, but I just now realized that Latias and Latios are legal...is Soul Dew legal and effective? I ask the "effective" question because I know that in the Battle Tower, Soul Dew is legal but doesn't work...

According to the rules, you may use any item (to be held) except for Soul Dew and berries #62-64. However, there are no broken items in this metagame besides Soul Dew, and berries #62-64 are (as of now) unobtainable in Europe, so it would be unfair to Europeans if other countries had an advantage via earlier events. Sacred Ash isn't broken, because it does not activate if held. If it did, that would be an unfair item.

B-Lulz

Now Rusty and Old
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
May be going to the London event, but since exams and everything will be taking precedence finding time will be extremely hard. Plus getting to London from Birmingham will be difficult also. xD

Berries 61-64 are what exactly? Custop?
They are Custap, Jaboca(?), and Rowap. Rowap and Jaboca(?) are unobtainable until the 12th movie comes out in Japan, but Custap was given with Movie Regigigas and TRU Regigigas. Europe didn't get its Regigigas event, so Custap is unobtainable there unless you trade over wifi. PCI (Pokemon Company International, becuase PUI and Pokemon UK merged) doesn't think it's fair that Japan and America get the item easily, while people in Europe never actually got it.

They are Custap, Jaboca(?), and Rowap. Rowap and Jaboca(?) are unobtainable until the 12th movie comes out in Japan, but Custap was given with Movie Regigigas and TRU Regigigas. Europe didn't get its Regigigas event, so Custap is unobtainable there unless you trade over wifi. PCI (Pokemon Company International, becuase PUI and Pokemon UK merged) doesn't think it's fair that Japan and America get the item easily, while people in Europe never actually got it.
^It is TPCi (The Pokemon Company International)

B-Lulz

Now Rusty and Old
On the rules it says that only North American versions of Pokemon Platinum can be used. Will this be the same for the European events?

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
On the rules it says that only North American versions of Pokemon Platinum can be used. Will this be the same for the European events?
I'd assume it'll state European versions of Diamond and Pearl, for the UK Tournament. Remember, we are apparently not allowed to use Pokémon Platinum here. I wouldn't worry about Move Tutors though, I'm pretty sure they'll be allowed.

Hopefully we'll be able to use US versions at the UK Tournament though, there's really no difference between them (I have a US Diamond version and EUR Diamond and Pearl versions).

It has been posted for a while, you should realy read before posting. this question has already been answered

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1859181&postcount=1303

http://www.pokemonvgc.com/en/rules/wrl.html

"Tournament Participants should prepare their POKÉMON® Platinum (Pokémon® Diamond or Pokémon® Pearl for European Qualifiers)"

B-Lulz

Now Rusty and Old
Pokemon Video Game Championship 2009 - DALLAS, TX

This is probably the least talked about city on these forums, so I just wanted to know who here is going to be joining me at the Dallas tournament on the 30th? And PBB I know your coming ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)