Project Old Gen Hackmons Megathread

manu 11

When someone asks me if i am indian because of my name
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sorry for the back to back, but this post serves a completely different purpose as the one above it. I think these stats can help us make educated guesses about viability rankings as well! I'm going to be going through all of the proposed viability rank movements and supporting (or opposing them!) with data.

rank changes that I will be implementing unless there is another discussion

:giratina:
Being at the top of the usage stats has shown that this pokemon fits the description of the S rank instead of the S- rank that was originally created for it. I had a lot of doubt at the beginning, but even with the rise of -ate mons, Giratina has still sat at the top.

:diancie-mega: vs :kyurem-black:
I was debating the difference between these mons earlier, but now that we have numbers, we can see that diancie is the more viable and used out of the two. Many players favored diancie for one reason or another. I think this makes the case for Diancie rising to A+ while Kyurem stays in A.

imposter :chansey:
Imposter had insane usage this month, with around 20-25% of teams having an imposter chansey or blissey on their lineup. I agree with the posts above saying that imposter has risen in viability, as it has a great matchup vs a lot of mold breakers as well as having the ability to wall out and stall wonder guards and beat attackers. Imposter now more closely fits under the S- rank.

:xerneas: and :shedinja: being added to the ranks: I still agree with these and their placements, I don't think the stats have much of an effect on these mons' movement right now, so I think B and C respectively are accurate placements.

:slowbro-mega: This mon's 13th place finish lends heavily to how viable it is as an anti-physical defender or a support teammate. I think that A- is a great place for it to be.

:banette-mega: just barely scraped into the top 35. The mon is viable, but I don't think it's influential enough to be anywhere else but B Rank.

:groudon: sitting at 41st, regular Groudon was used, but its viability is still questionable. B+ is an overrank, and C or below is where it deserves to be after these changes.

:mewtwo-mega-x: and :deoxys-speed: dropping from S rankings:
I originally supported these, but these mons had insanely high usage in a heavy -ate meta and proved they should stay in the S rank.

:gengar-mega: I think my debate for moving this mon up to S fell a bit flat: gengar is an incredible mon, but it's nowhere near as dominant as some of the other threats in the format. It wins a ton and it can single handedly turn around games, but I don't think that that qualifies it for any higher than A+ rank at the current moment.

other rank changes that I think need more discussion. I will not be implementing these yet

:gyarados: -> :gyarados-mega: This was the most used non-gyara non-deoxys mon on the high ladder, surpassing both of the mewtwo forms as well as the primals, gengar, and other major attackers. I think this supports the narrative that the mon has extremely high viability in the meta right now, and, in my opinion, should move up to A+. I want to hear more input on this one from other users, so I'll update this in the future.

:latios-mega: This mon had extremely low usage on the ladder, just barely scraping it into the new "ou" umbrella. There was some discussion that it was vastly underrepresented because users didn't know soul dew worked on the mon, so they opted to choose another more straightforward mold breaker instead. I'm not too sure how accurate that is, but I'm willing to accept that it did change this mon's usage and it would've been much higher with a clear explanation of the mon's options. I still think dew usage wouldn't have boosted the mon up too much: it currently sits at 4.3% usage and I'm not too conviced it would've been some crazy high >10 number with community knowledge about soul dew.
Going to comment on 3 things, mmx/deo-s, Gyarados and Latios-mega. Will also post 2 teams i used on the ladder.

Just for what it's worth, I don't know how much usage stats should influence VR. It's nice to have those stats but like it doesn't necessarily prove viability.

:Gyarados:
So first, Gyarados is fine at A imo. It is a great pokemon, no doubt. The ability to change from set up Wonder Guard to Mold Breaker is extremely effective and makes teambuilding easier but adding counters to Gyarados to your team is actually relatively easy. Using Volt Switch as momentum move makes facing Gyarados a lot easier. Gyarados is also a lot weaker compared to most pokemon used in Hackmons. It requires a solid defensive core to be used well as it is a Wonder Guard that can't really take hits from any Mold Breaker pokemon. While mega-evolving is what makes it so good it also has its drawbacks as it has to carry Gyaradosite and is therefore vulnerable to Shadow Tag (especially Substitute variants) and Prankster Spore. Gyarados also lacks immediate damage. Without set up, it's close to useless. The point of the set is to set up for free thanks to Wonder Guard but that's not always done easily. The other A+ rank pokemon are there because they have a great speed tier and offensive stats that allow for big and immediate damage which Gyarados fails to do.

Finally, the risks involved with mega-evolving can't be ignored. If you mega-evo at the wrong time, it can backfire very fast. Since you lose a Wonder Guard it means Pokemon with Huge Power and No Guard can potentially sweep easier. Sometimes it also isn't just about mega-evolving at the wrong time but in order to break the opponent's team you have to mega-evo leaving you in danger if it wasn't enough to finish the game. Gyarados is a good pokemon but not as good as other A+ rank imo.

:Latios-Mega:
Again i don't think usage stats tell the whole story and we shouldn't base everything around them. Latios-Mega's lack of usage is probably due to people not knowing Soul Dew's mechanics on Lati@s-Mega. That item is what makes this pokemon so good tbh. Soul Dew has Choice Specs and Assault Vest advantages without the drawbacks. Just this calc : 252 SpA Spooky Plate Gengar-Mega Judgment vs. +1 0 HP / 0 SpD Latios-Mega: 272-324 (90.3 - 107.6%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO. Soul Dew makes Judgment from Gengar-Mega a 50/50 basically which means that fundamentally, Latios-Mega has more chance of winning vs Gengar-Mega than the other way around (not counting Spore/Dark Void of course).

Just going to repost what i said in previous post tbh : Latios-Mega lacks speed but if it had 394 like Gengar-Mega or MMX i would rank it S without question. The power it has on first hit due to Soul Dew makes it so dangerous. You are basically forced to run Steel types if you want to be safe. Dark types still take a ton from Spacial Rend and Fairy types also take a bunch from Psystrike. It doesn't need to set up unlike other Mold Breaker users to actually threaten Wonder Guard. And if it actually manages to set up, it has the Stab on the best move to capitalize on it with Stored Power. It is a Pokemon that needs to be taken into account more than MMX or MMY when teambuilding imo.

:Mewtwo-Mega-X: :deoxys-speed:
MMX/Deoxys-S : I think both need to drop. MMX : I don't see the advantage of using this over Gengar-Mega or MMY anymore. It is stuck with Huge Power as Mold Breaker definitely lacks power with Physical Defense Giratina being everywhere on the ladder which means it has to hope it has the right coverage to be dangerous. If it doesn't have the right coverage, it's close to deadweight imo. A+ at same rank as the Special Mold users.

Deoxys-S : Ev limit hit it hard. I think Ransei's idea is the best approach to the deo-s/No Guard « problem ». Drop Deo-s but have No Guard as S rank. I don't know if it's doable but seems like a good idea to me.

:Gyarados-Mega:
Gyarados-Mega : Deserves a rank, I don't know how we forgot to rank this Pokemon. Prankster stops a lot of set up pokemon like Gyarados/Gengar-Mega/MMY/Latios-Mega/Primal-Groudon. It can also be offensive with Pursuit and Trick-Or-Treat. The Pixilate, U-turn and Volt Switch weaknesses are annoying. B rank.

Second part of this post.

Now that the ladder ended, i just want to share what i used.
First team, won't go into too much detail for this one. https://pokepast.es/bbb4529ec9078c79

:Diancie-Mega: :Slowbro-Mega: :Yveltal: :Scizor-Mega: :Giratina: :Slaking:

I have been using this for quite a while now. I built this like 1 year ago i think. Basically a solid defensive core with Slowbro-Mega, Yveltal and Giratina. Scizor-Mega is the Wonder Guard. It goes very well with Giratina and Slowbro-Mega as both resist fire moves. Yveltal and Giratina Prankster cover almost every set up and their shared Refrigerate and Pixilate weakness is taken care of by Slowbro-Mega and Scizor-Mega. On the offensive side, you got Pixilate Diancie-Mega to stop set up and put pressure on the opposing team with Toxic Spikes. Slaking Mold Breaker Belly Drum to break with Extreme Speed and Shadow Sneak to beat Prankster.

Made it to 30-0 then lost to a crit. Reached 50-1 before losing to Dramlamb's Para/confusion team and then lost to a disconnection so i stopped at 50-3 with this team.

Second team https://pokepast.es/4f177effca6b3070

:Arceus: :Gengar-Mega: :Gyarados: :Audino-Mega: :Giratina: :Chansey:

I made this team when i had to fight Regirock for the ph roa tour. I wanted to build something around Boomburst as Substitute was used a lot. Credits to dramlamb for helping with the teambuilding and stealing 2 of her sets basically.

My first thought was an -ate Boomburst as to hit Giratina but i finally decided against it since double Wonder Guard would just be too annoying. I opted for Dramlamb's set, Arceus Mold Breaker with Boomburst/Judgment as imposterproofing it would be very easy to do with any Ghost Type. I went with Dark Void to beat Safety Goggles users. The miss can be very annoying but the advantage you get by putting to sleep the supposed set up counter of the opponent is huge. Spread is to outspeed 394 pokemon with Choice Scarf after 1 Shell Smash. Rest is put in HP to help tank hits better. You could honestly put 8 more in Speed as to outspeed Yveltal/Xerneas max Speed without nature.

Again, i was inspired by Dramlamb's strats and added Shadow Tag Gengar-Mega. It is a great pokemon and in this case allows to trap pokemon that imposter Arceus. Set is nothing out of the ordinary, Spikes/Heal Order/Encore/Perish Song. Item is weird though. I opted for Safety Goggles. I already had a Trick counter with Arceus so i didn't need one more. Moreover Safety Goggles help vs Spore Spam.

I decided to go with a double Wonder Guard core. Gyarados + Audino-Mega. Gyarados would allow for offensive pressure while Audino-Mega was the Latios-Mega, Gengar-Mega counter. Audino-Mega is also the best Wishpasser imo so that gives me the opportunity to heal my other pokemon. Gyarados's spread is to outspeed Deoxys-S after Shell Smash as Adamant doesn't outspeed anything worth it so why not put ev in HP.

0 SpA Deoxys-Speed Zap Cannon vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Gyarados: 332-392 (100.3 - 118.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
0 SpA Deoxys-Speed Zap Cannon vs. 32 HP / 0 SpD Gyarados: 332-392 (97.9 - 115.6%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO

That actually saved me once.

At this point i lacked set up checks. Moreover i was incredibly weak to Primal-Groudon and Gyarados. To check both you don't really have much choice but to go for Giratina. I went for Prankster and Encore/Curse/Haze/Recover. Max HP/DEF with Safety Goggles. This set is to stop set up and can switch in on Mold Breaker users as it ignores Spore and can Encore into either Spore or set up if they went for that.

For the last pokemon i legit didn't know what to use. I felt i needed more offensive pressure but at the same time Prankster Giratina was my only option vs set up. So i added something that could do both, Chansey Imposter. Nothing special here.

The team performed a lot better than i thought it would. I ended at 102-4 on the ladder so 52-1 for this team. Chansey is a big part of the team's success as it allowed me to scout opponent's sets and use the appropriate counter to it which made me win momentum pretty easily.

Threats : No team is perfect so this has weaknesses too. Deoxys-S is actually a threat even if i have 2 Wonder Guard. If Stealth Rock is on the field i can only switch 4 times with Gyarados and since i don't have Magic Bounce i can't save myself by predicting a Gastro Acid/Spore and annoy Deoxys-S. My only loss actually comes from someone running 2 Deoxys-S and losing 2 both speedties with Chansey. Deoxys-S being a problem mostly comes from the lack of speed. It is the biggest problem with this team. My fastest pokemon is Gengar-Mega but vs Latios-Mega, Gengar-Mega, MMX and MMY it does nothing so fundamentally my fastest pokemon is actually Arceus at 296 which pretty bad tbh. So scouting with Chansey becomes mandatory as to know which Wonder Guard can check which offensive pokemon and use that to your advantage. Offensive Magic Bounce can also be annoying since i can't Encore them but Chansey can usually beat them thanks to its HP and Eviolite. If you know how to use Chansey imposter, the team is extremely easy to use.

Thanks to Ransei, Regirock (i am not highlighting berry sorry) and ROA staff for choosing Pure Hackmons for a ladder. It was truly great to be able to ladder this awesome metagame again. Gotta shoutout Feebas4ubers : had you not come online in the last few days i would have stopped at 1700. It was great to have another crazy ladder player to compete with to go as high as possible on the ladder and make it to 1800.

Last edited:
Gen 6 Pure Hackmons Viability Rankings

S
:giratina: utility
:gengar-mega: special, utility
:sableye-mega: wonder guard (ranked separately)

S-
:chansey: imposter

A+
:deoxys-speed: ohko, utility
:mewtwo-mega-x: physical
:mewtwo-mega-y: special
:aerodactyl-mega: stag, physical
:gyarados:/:gyarados-mega: physical, utility
:diancie-mega: ate
:kyurem-black: ate

A
:latios-mega: special

A-
:yveltal: physical, utility
:groudon-primal: physical, stag
:rayquaza-mega: physical, ate
:arceus: ohko, utility
:slowbro-mega: utility

B+
:registeel: utility
:venusaur-mega: utility
:slaking: physical, utility
:regigigas: physical, utility

B
:steelix-mega: utility
:xerneas: utility, special
:banette-mega: physical
:kyurem-white: special
:aegislash: utility
:hoopa-unbound: physical, special
:sceptile-mega: ohko, special

B-
:zekrom: physical
:garchomp-mega: physical
:beedrill-mega: physical

C
:altaria-mega: utility
:cobalion: stag, utility
:regirock: utility
:groudon: utility
:shuckle: utility
:shedinja: utility

Wonder Guard Viability Rankings

S Tier

:arceus: fighting
:kyogre-primal: grass, electric, freeze dry
:gyarados: electric, rock, freeze dry
:scizor-mega: fire
:audino-mega: poison, steel
:swampert-mega: grass, freeze dry
:sableye-mega: fairy
:xerneas: poison, steel

A Tier

:deoxys-speed: bug, dark, ghost
:electrode: ground
:manectric-mega: ground
:genesect: fire
:regigigas: fighting
:slaking: fighting

B Tier

:palkia: dragon, fairy, freeze dry
:mewtwo: bug, dark, ghost
:cresselia: bug, dark, ghost
:meloetta: bug, dark
:drapion: ground
:beedrill-mega: fire, flying, psychic, rock

C Tier

:chansey: fighting
:dialga: ground, fighting
:volcarona: flying, rock, water
:galvantula: fire, rock
:alakazam-mega: bug, dark, ghost
:mewtwo-mega-y: bug, dark, ghost
:deoxys-attack: bug, dark, ghost
:mewtwo-mega-x: fairy, flying, ghost
:hoopa-unbound: bug, fairy
:groudon-primal: ground, water
:mawile-mega: fire, ground

D Tier

:darkrai: bug, fairy, fighting
:ampharos: ground
:ludicolo: bug, flying, poison, freeze dry
:wobbuffet: bug, dark ghost
:gastrodon: grass, freeze dry
:snorlax: fighting
:alomomola: grass, electric
:escavalier: fire
:accelgor: fire, flying, rock
:skuntank: ground
:skarmory: electic, fire
:hariyama: fairy, flying, psychic
:volcanion: electric, ground, rock

So this is what I have so far. Most of this more or less makes sense to me. I'm definitely open to continuing to move things around though. The two that stood out of to me were Aerodactyl maybe being a little too high and Rayquaza and Yveltal maybe being a little low. I could also see Deoxys and/or Gengar moving to S-

Last edited:

Rose

formerly WrathoftheLeopard
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
As you all know, I have been greatly inactive as of late. I am afraid that I have grown away from this community due to lack of motivation. I appreciate all of the support that I have received from everyone, and would never abandon it completely. As the Gen 5 tier leader, I no longer feel that I deserve to hold that responsibility, so I pass it over to manu 11, knowing that these are capable hands. I would also like AV Cosmoem to keep Victim of the Week alive, so I ask them to host it in my position from now on. Thank you.

Ransei berry and I all agree that S is a little high for Gengar. Its fantastic but not quite dominant enough to be S. manu 11 do you feel pretty strongly that it deserves S? If it doesn't go there where does everyone think it should it go instead? My take on the current ladder was that Gengar, Aerodactyl, and Kyurem-Black could move down one tier and that Deoxys-Speed, Rayquaza, and Yveltal could be moved up one tier.

Edit: Also when we make the VR. I think it would be nice to list the best abilities for each pokemon. Oh and we should either drop Groudon from the VR or add 30 other similarly useful pokemon.

Last edited:
Gen 6 Pure Hackmons Viability Rankings

S
:giratina: utility
:gengar-mega: special, utility
:sableye-mega: wonder guard (ranked separately)

S-
:chansey: imposter

A+
:deoxys-speed: ohko, utility
:mewtwo-mega-x: physical
:mewtwo-mega-y: special
:aerodactyl-mega: stag, physical
:gyarados:/:gyarados-mega: physical, utility
:diancie-mega: ate
:kyurem-black: ate

A
:latios-mega: special

A-
:yveltal: physical, utility
:groudon-primal: physical, stag
:rayquaza-mega: physical, ate
:arceus: ohko, utility
:slowbro-mega: utility

B+
:registeel: utility
:venusaur-mega: utility
:slaking: physical, utility
:regigigas: physical, utility

B
:steelix-mega: utility
:xerneas: utility, special
:banette-mega: physical
:kyurem-white: special
:aegislash: utility
:hoopa-unbound: physical, special
:sceptile-mega: ohko, special

B-
:zekrom: physical
:garchomp-mega: physical
:beedrill-mega: physical

C
:altaria-mega: utility
:cobalion: stag, utility
:regirock: utility
:groudon: utility
:shuckle: utility
:shedinja: utility

Wonder Guard Viability Rankings

S Tier

:arceus: fighting
:kyogre-primal: grass, electric, freeze dry
:gyarados: electric, rock, freeze dry
:scizor-mega: fire
:audino-mega: poison, steel
:swampert-mega: grass, freeze dry
:sableye-mega: fairy
:xerneas: poison, steel

A Tier

:deoxys-speed: bug, dark, ghost
:electrode: ground
:manectric-mega: ground
:genesect: fire
:regigigas: fighting
:slaking: fighting

B Tier

:palkia: dragon, fairy, freeze dry
:mewtwo: bug, dark, ghost
:cresselia: bug, dark, ghost
:meloetta: bug, dark
:drapion: ground
:beedrill-mega: fire, flying, psychic, rock

C Tier

:chansey: fighting
:dialga: ground, fighting
:volcarona: flying, rock, water
:galvantula: fire, rock
:alakazam-mega: bug, dark, ghost
:mewtwo-mega-y: bug, dark, ghost
:deoxys-attack: bug, dark, ghost
:mewtwo-mega-x: fairy, flying, ghost
:hoopa-unbound: bug, fairy
:groudon-primal: ground, water
:mawile-mega: fire, ground

D Tier

:darkrai: bug, fairy, fighting
:ampharos: ground
:ludicolo: bug, flying, poison, freeze dry
:wobbuffet: bug, dark ghost
:gastrodon: grass, freeze dry
:snorlax: fighting
:alomomola: grass, electric
:escavalier: fire
:accelgor: fire, flying, rock
:skuntank: ground
:skarmory: electric, fire
:hariyama: fairy, flying, psychic
:volcanion: electric, ground, rock

So this is what I have so far. Most of this more or less makes sense to me. I'm definitely open to continuing to move things around though. The two that stood out of to me were Aerodactyl maybe being a little too high and Rayquaza and Yveltal maybe being a little low. I could also see Deoxys and/or Gengar moving to S-
there are some things missed here i think, mostly on wgs tho cause you forgot to add some

:cobalion::shuckle: unrank them, cobalion is a trapper that traps kyub but is weak to every coverage move it has and shuckle does nothing

ok the rest of the noms are to add wgs lol, also this

:darkrai: D > UR this does nothing
:landorus-therian: UR > B or C you need two other wgs to support it but lando blocks all huge power, which is super useful and it makes it much harder to break your defensive core, especially if there are defensive pokemon with super effective attacks against mbs, like uturn or knock.
:gyarados-mega: UR > B how is this not already here? great typing and he can pursuit and sucker punch stuff, we gotta rank him!
:banette-mega: UR > C or D ghost wg is really good, blocks most huge power cause knock is uncommon, sneak stab, curse, bane's atk is really high so it can utilize uturn too. could be c rank it's not really on the level of volcanion, skarm and gastro.

Darkrai - haha yea probably

Landorus - We had it originally at C rank but decided that it would be a little misleading to rank an ice weak Pokemon on the VR since it requires one to play around Sheer Cold. It's unquestionably good enough to be ranked, but we intentionally left it out because it's a little harder to use.

Gyarados-Mega is listed with Gyarados. One of the things I didn't like about the old VR is that it had different ranks for the same Pokemon in different roles. That's unnecessary and messy.

Banette - Yea I guess that makes sense

Darkrai - haha yea probably

Landorus - We had it originally at C rank but decided that it would be a little misleading to rank an ice weak Pokemon on the VR since it requires one to play around Sheer Cold. It's unquestionably good enough to be ranked, but we intentionally left it out because it's a little harder to use.

Gyarados-Mega is listed with Gyarados. One of the things I didn't like about the old VR is that it had different ranks for the same Pokemon in different roles. That's unnecessary and messy.

Banette - Yea I guess that makes sense
no mega gyara is seperate from gyara

Gyarados-Mega @ Shed Shell
Ability: Wonder Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Defog
- Will-O-Wisp
- Soft-Boiled

so something like this

manu 11

Ransei berry and I all agree that S is a little high for Gengar. Its fantastic but not quite dominant enough to be S. manu 11 do you feel pretty strongly that it deserves S? If it doesn't go there where does everyone think it should it go instead? My take on the current ladder was that Gengar, Aerodactyl, and Kyurem-Black could move down one tier and that Deoxys-Speed, Rayquaza, and Yveltal could be moved up one tier.

Edit: Also when we make the VR. I think it would be nice to list the best abilities for each pokemon. Oh and we should either drop Groudon from the VR or add 30 other similarly useful pokemon.
I explained my stance on Gengar-Mega earlier, gonna repost what i said : Gengar-Mega. It is great. Has multiple dangerous sets, really versatile. But it also has a hard counter in the name of Pursuit. You will tell me that that's also the case for MMY and Latios-Mega and that's true but those 2 actually run moves that can threaten Pursuit users like Gyarados-Mega or Yveltal and deal more damage on the first hit. Gengar-Mega's moves are 90% of the time Judgment and Secret Sword which can be played around with Normal and Ghost type Pokemon. It also has terrible defensive stats to set up, especially the HP, so it needs Spore or Dark Void. The former is checked by Safety Goggles and the second has 80% accuracy which can not be considered reliable. While it has a lot of sets, once it's revealed in game if it has Mold Breaker or not, i feel you can play around it "easily". I would keep it at A+ rank.

For the rest of the VR you posted my main problem is Gyarados and Kyub. Both should be A imo and Latios-mega A+. Groudon can def be UR. Rest is fine. Check my previous posts for explanation.

For abilities on VR. Not a bad idea indeed but i feel a setpedia would be better (more work too though). Listing abilities next to the pokemon doesn't tell much except if offensive and defensive (which we already have with utility, physical, special). I would gladly help if you want to make one.

Agree with Av Cosmoem's noms except for one. Not a fan of Gyarados-Mega WG. While Pursuit is nice indeed the weakness to U-turn/Volt Switch makes you lose a ton of momentum vs other WG users. Play Rough/Close Combat weakness are also problematic vs Huge Power users. I would rather see it in C or D.

Since the ph tour ended i use this post to do a quick teamdump.

:Diancie-Mega: :Gyarados: :Mewtwo-Mega-X: :Xerneas: :Steelix-Mega: :Yveltal:

First team i made, used vs Tmi489. Double offensive WG core with EVS to outspeed Deoxys-S after 1 Shell Smash. Steelix-Mega to stop Huge Power and Mold users like Slaking and Latios-Mega. Magic Bounce Yveltal for offensive pokemon like Gengar-Mega and MMY and defensive pokemon like Giratina while also providing a Spore spam counter in general. MMX No Guard Scarf for speed control and catch people off guard. Finally Diancie-Mega to stop set up and set hazards. Not the best team but Tmi489 brought 5 pokemon weak to Pixilate Diancie-Mega so that helped.

:Kyurem-Black: :Manectric-Mega: :Giratina: :Chansey: :Gengar-Mega: :Arceus:

Second Team. Very old team i made like 4 or 5 years ago when Thousand Arrows wasn't released yet. Double WG core. Giratina/Chansey stall. Kyurem-B and Gengar-Mega to break.

:Mewtwo-Mega-X: :Scizor-Mega: :Mewtwo-Mega-X: :Kyogre-Primal: :Mewtwo-Mega-X: :Giratina:

Third Team. Another very old team that i used when gen 6 Pure Hackmons had OM of the month ladder years ago. Triple MMX offense with two Huge Power and one No Guard. Defensive core with Kyogre-Primal/Scizor-Mega and Giratina Prankster for set up. Team used to have Kyogre at the time and i didn't update the team well so that's why i have Mail instead of Blue Orb

:Mewtwo-Mega-X: :Gengar-Mega: :Groudon-Primal: :Yveltal: :Diancie-Mega: :Metagross-Mega:

Made this for my first game vs Regirock. Decided to go with a no Wonder Guard team as i tought Regirock would expect me to use something more conventional. This is not really a great team to be honest. MMX Huge Power to break stuff with Focus Sash to avoid losing to Shadow Tag Aerodactyl-Mega which Regirock likes to use. Gengar-Mega No Guard Choice Scarf for speed and again to catch people off guard. People tend to think that if there is no Mold Breaker message it is either Normalize or Prankster. Groudon-Primal Shadow Tag to trap offensive pokemon or WG with Volt Switch as pivot move. Jolly can outspeed Aerodactyl-Mega but outspeeding MMY was most important here. Yveltal Prankster in case things get out of control. This should be a Giratina actually but i was very weak to Gengar-Mega at this point. Diancie-Mega to stop set up and also help vs other HO teams. Finally, Metagross-Mega Huge Power to have enough coverage for Wonder Guard while also helping the Latios-Mega matchup as i felt very weak to it. Choice Scarf again because you need speed when using such teams. This has no Defog nor Magic Bounce so this kinda autoloses vs Sticky Web sadly. I have 3 steel moves because Xerneas is something that also can just autowin if it manages to set up a Shell Smash. Same reason i have Fusion Bolt and Freeze-Dry for Gyarados. You want to avoid giving free set up to offensive WG with such teams.

:Arceus: :Gengar-Mega: :Gyarados: :Audino-Mega: :Giratina: :Chansey:
Team for second game vs Regirock. Already explained it in a previous post.

:Aerodactyl-Mega: :Arceus: :Aegislash: :Gyarados-Mega: :Xerneas: :Mewtwo-Mega-X:

Team for first game vs AV Cosmoem. Another Double WG team. Standard Arceus with Nuzzle to spam Paralysis and offensive MMX to get free set up and clean in the late game. 2 Pranksters with Aegislash to tank Latios-Mega and offensive Xerneas while Gyarados-Mega took care of MMY, Gengar-Mega, Gyarados and Groudon-Primal. Magic Bounce offensive Xerneas to lure a Wonder Guard set and fool Prankster Encore and get free damage. Helped the Giratina matchup and hazard/status matchup too. Quiver Dance/Baton Pass if i couldn't hit the opposing WG. Finally, Aerodacyl-Mega to trap offensive Pokemon and get rid of them. Gunk Shot is for Fairy Type as i had nothing for them with the rest of the team. Stealth Rock if the opponent had Shed Shell as to not be completely useless if bad matchup.

:Mewtwo-Mega-X: :Mewtwo-Mega-X: :Groudon-Primal: :Electrode: :Slowbro-Mega: :Yveltal:

Second team vs AV Cosmoem. Terrible team but i found it funny to go back to an old double MMX Huge Power team. Standard Groudon-Primal to trap what both MMX can't kill. Electrode WG to imposterproof both MMX. Magic Bounce Slowbro-Mega and Prankster Yveltal defensive core as both go well together. Should have lost the game but AV Cosmoem choked. While the team in itself isn't great it would lead to building another better team with the same concept.

:Diancie-Mega: :Venusaur-Mega: :Giratina: :Arceus: :Gyarados: :Mewtwo-Mega-X:

Was meant for my game vs AV Cosmoem if i lost but it ended up being used vs Arcticbreeze. Didn't realize it when i made the team but i was highly influenced by Feebas's team. Result is quite different though. This lacks offensive pressure and can't stall either. The team ends up being stuck if it doesn't have a good matchup as the offensive movesets are way too specific to deal with certain threats, MMX being the prime example of that as it is used to trap Latios-Mega and Fairy WG but can't touch anything else. The rest of the team is pretty standard. Not good sadly.

:Xerneas: :Mewtwo-Mega-X: :Mewtwo-Mega-X: :Giratina: :Groudon-Primal: :Arceus:

Used by Ainzcrad for his finals game. He wanted HO so i tried building something offensive which wouldn't lose directly to Sticky Web or random set up. Started Xerneas offensive WG with the standard set Moonblast/Judgment steel/Freeze-Dry to beat Chansey, annoy Giratina as i was not gonna use Magic Bounce since Ainzcrad wanted HO and beat the common WG Gyarados. EV spread is to survive +2 Gyarados-Mega Waterfall (+2 252+ Atk Mold Breaker Gyarados-Mega Waterfall vs. 48 HP / 0 Def Xerneas: 342-403 (84.4 - 99.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO) and revenge kill it if no flinch. Speed allows to outspeed 130 Base speed with Choice Scarf by 1.

Double MMX but better this time. Coverage for the second MMX was decided at the end when i added my other WG. First MMX has Sacred Fire/Play Rough/Close Combat combination to annoy Arceus WG/Ghost type pokemon core. Sacred Fire to deal with Scizor-Mega and add burn to other pokemon that resist the move. Last move was Shadow Sneak to help the Gengar-Mega/Latios-Mega matchup and also allow to finish Giratina if Play Rough was used on a Giratina switch. Shed Shell as item to avoid being trapped. Ainzcrad went for Focus Sash which saved him so i guess it's good too. Second MMX needed to hit Fairy WG so i went with Gear Grind as unreliable as it is. Water Shuriken was for 2 pokemon, namely Groudon-Primal and Aerodactyl-Mega. If Groudon-Primal set up i OHKO, otherwise i have 25% to OHKO. Around the same for Aerodactyl-Mega.

252 Atk Life Orb Huge Power Mewtwo-Mega-X Water Shuriken (15 BP) (2 hits) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Groudon-Primal: 302-364 (88.5 - 106.7%) -- approx. 25% chance to OHKO)

252 Atk Life Orb Huge Power Mewtwo-Mega-X Water Shuriken (15 BP) (2 hits) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Aerodactyl-Mega: 266-312 (88.3 - 103.6%) -- approx. 12.5% chance to OHKO).

So with just a little bit of luck both die. Extreme Speed was added for extra priority and because EV limit made Extreme Speed Huge Power pretty insane helping vs Belly Drum and -ate users.

252 Atk Life Orb Huge Power Mewtwo-Mega-X Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Diancie-Mega: 139-164 (57.6 - 68%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Huge Power Mewtwo-Mega-X Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Slaking: 302-356 (59.9 - 70.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Last move was originally Diamond Storm but i realised that Fusion Bolt was better as it hit Gyarados but also Kyogre-Primal. Diamond Storm's main advantage was touching Volcarona WG but Water Shuriken did that already.

Added a Giratina because it's the best pokemon in the meta. Prankster to stop set up and annoy with Curse. Groudon-Primal was added to trap any offensive pokemon that could annoy me like MMY or MMX. Finally, Arceus as Wonder Guard as it goes very well with Prankster Giratina to help vs Gengar-Mega and also counter my second MMX. Max HP/Special defense to live Latios-Mega +2 Spacial Rend and Nuzzle it.

also gonna post my tour teams

:deoxys-speed::gengar-mega::aerodactyl-mega::gyarados::diancie-mega::genesect:

I wanted basic HO so I could fell the randoms, so I came up with this. Deo-S is useful for those early sleeps, probably should have put parting shot over spikes but whatever. Gengar is self-improof so you can just smash and then win sometimes, tho you do have to elim Yveltal which is where Mega Aerodactyl comes in. Gyarados is Gyarados and I expected to get free wins from it cause the low ladders are not prepared, Diancie is also busted by virtue of Safety Goggles + Boomburst meaning it counters Tina. Genesect is the star and wins a lot of the time, and also takes out MAudino for MGar. Mainly loses to PDon cause it counters Genesect and MAero can't OHKO with Thousand Arrows.

:gyarados::lopunny-mega::venusaur-mega::deoxys-speed::kyurem-black::aerodactyl-mega:

For this team I decided to use the Deo-S + KyuB core to destroy all non-WG. As for the WG I just used Gyara again. Mega Lopunny is a nice WG cause no one sees it coming, and it passes Shell Smash over to Gyara so it doesn't have to do it. Mega Venusaur does the same, but faster. I have no idea why Mega Aero is on this team but it is, I guess. Would replace with another Mold Breaker.

:chansey::alakazam-mega::mewtwo-mega-x::deoxys-speed::gyarados::mewtwo-mega-y:

Inspired by berry's triple STag team, this is more consistent and takes advantage of a Chansey lead, and Chansey in general. After scouting the opponent, you can figure out the improof and go to the STag that traps and kills it. This doesn't work early-game, but Chansey is still a neat lead. Mega Alakazam passes boosts to the offensive threats, which is pretty neat. Deo-S cleans if I need it. Idk what was up with Gyarados because I used it once outside of this tour, for this team it hinders my team cause I decided I want another WG, even tho Mega Zam improofed both the STag mons. Would replace Gyara with another MB.

None of these teams won a single game. In fact the only one that won was Gris, so yeah.

manu 11

Well i made this some time ago but was too lazy to post it earlier due to the gen 6 ladder. Since i saw some interest in gen 5 in the Old Shark room i feel this might be a good time to post.

This is the gen 5 setpedia. This offers a view of the viable sets for each pokemon on the Viability Ranking. I also added some sets that are more niche and classify these under the section « Niche sets » for each pokemon.

If anybody has sets they feel should be added, don't hesitate to post them (preferably not just one as to not spam the thread with 1 set posts). You can always pm me on PS if you prefer and i will add it if it is indeed viable or deserves a mention.

Few notes first :
  1. Those sets are what is considered viable in gen 5 Pure Hackmons but that doesn't mean that your set is bad if you use something different or something that isn't listed here.
  2. Some Pokemon sets have the mention "Niche sets" because these sets are viable only under specific conditions (weather, counters to very specific pokemon or lots of support required).
  3. Every movesets can always be modified to what you need according to the rest of your team. This is especially the case for Wonder Guard sets and status moves in general.
  4. The order of the pokemon follows the one of the Viability Ranking.
Here the Setpedia for Gen 5 Pure Hackmons

:Blissey:
Blissey (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Skill Swap
- Final Gambit
- Trick
- Soft-Boiled

Blissey (F) @ Spooky Plate/Shed Shell
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Skill Swap
- Final Gambit
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled

:Chansey:
Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk/ 0 Spe
- Skill Swap
- Stealth Rock
- Wish
- Whirlwind

:Deoxys-Speed:
Deoxys-Speed @ Focus Sash
Ability: No Guard
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sheer Cold
- Spore
- Gastro Acid
- Magic Coat

Deoxys-Speed @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Sheer Cold
- Stealth Rock
- Gastro Acid
- Trick

Deoxys-Speed @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Sheer Cold
- Hypnosis
- Gastro Acid
- Substitute

Deoxys-Speed @ Lum Berry
Ability: Mold Breaker
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spore
- U-turn
- Taunt

Niche Sets

Timid Nature
- Trick
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Magic Coat

Ability: Infiltrator
Timid Nature
- Sheer Cold
- Trick
- Skill Swap
- Toxic

:Giratina:
Giratina @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
- Curse
- Recover
- Spore
- Substitute

Giratina @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Baton Pass
- Spore
- Wish

Giratina @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Curse
- Substitute
- Recover
- Encore

Giratina @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Bold Nature
- Curse
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Dragon Pulse

Giratina @ Griseous Orb
Bold Nature
- Substitute
- Baton Pass
- Curse
- Wish

Giratina @ Flame Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Bold Nature
- Psycho Shift
- Recover
- Curse
- U-turn

Giratina @ Leftovers
Ability: Shadow Tag
Timid Nature
- Encore
- Roost
- Perish Song
- Spikes

Giratina @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Bold Nature
- Psycho Shift
- Spikes
- Curse
- Roost

:Groudon:
Groudon @ Lum Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Nature Power
- Spore
- Whirlwind
- Copycat

Groudon @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Nature Power
- Trick
- U-turn
- Copycat

Groudon @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Copycat
- Whirlwind
- Nature Power

Pokestar-Spirit
Pokestar Spirit @ Shed Shell
Careful Nature
- U-turn
- Recover
- Magic Coat
- Curse

Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Recover
- Taunt
- Curse

Careful Nature
- U-turn
- Recover
- Magic Coat
- Whirlwind

Pokestar Spirit @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Substitute
- Recover
- Spore
- Curse

:Arceus:
Arceus @ Shed Shell
Jolly Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- U-turn
- Gastro Acid
- Magic Coat
- Recover

Arceus @ Mail
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Magic Coat
- Recover
- Stealth Rock

Arceus @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Trick
- U-turn
- Sheer Cold
- Transform

Arceus @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 SpA
- Substitute
- Baton Pass
- Spore
- Encore

Arceus @ Lum Berry
Ability: Huge Power
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Extreme Speed
- Sacred Fire
- Crunch

Arceus @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Spore
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake

:Dialga:
Dialga @ Lum Berry
Modest Nature
- Shell Smash
- Spore
- Substitute
- Dragon Pulse

Dialga @ Lum Berry
Modest Nature
- Shell Smash
- Spacial Rend
- Spore
- Aura Sphere

Dialga @ Air Balloon
Bold Nature
- Magic Coat
- Dragon Pulse
- Stealth Rock
- Recover

:Electrode:
Electrode @ Air Balloon
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Gastro Acid
- Magic Coat
- Recover

Electrode @ Air Balloon
Timid Nature
- Sheer Cold
- Gastro Acid
- Magic Coat
- Spore

:Latios:
Latios (M) @ Soul Dew
Timid Nature
- Shell Smash
- Stored Power
- Spacial Rend
- Spore

Latios (M) @ Soul Dew
Timid Nature
- Recover
- Spikes
- Spacial Rend
- Spore

:Regigigas: :Slaking:
They do the same things. The only notable difference is Slaking will take Physical hits a bit better and Regigigas will take Special hits better.

Regigigas @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Spore
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake

Regigigas @ Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Shadow Sneak
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake

Regigigas @ Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Shadow Sneak
- Extreme Speed
- Spore

Regigigas @ Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Sacred Fire
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Sneak

Regigigas @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Trick
- Crunch
- Extreme Speed
- Sacred Fire

:Lugia:
Lugia @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
- Roost
- Rapid Spin
- Whirlwind
- Aromatherapy

Lugia @ Toxic Orb
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Volt Switch
- Perish Song
- Roost

Lugia @ Mail
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Encore
- Perish Song
- Roost

Lugia @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Sheer Cold
- Trick
- Gastro Acid
- Spore

Lugia @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Spore
- Substitute
- Baton Pass
- Recover

:Meloetta-Pirouette:
Meloetta-Pirouette @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Extreme Speed
- Crunch
- Sacred Fire

Ability: Scrappy
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Extreme Speed
- Drain Punch
- Sacred Fire

Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Extreme Speed
- Crunch
- Spore

Jolly Nature
- Shell Smash
- Close Combat
- Crunch
- Spore

:Registeel:
Registeel @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Substitute
- Spore
- Baton Pass
- Recover

Registeel @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Haze
- Spore
- Baton Pass
- Copycat

:Gengar:
Gengar @ Mail
Timid Nature
- Recover
- Spikes
- Encore
- Perish Song

Gengar @ Black Sludge
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Encore
- Baton Pass
- Shell Smash

Gengar @ Spooky Plate
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Spore
- Shell Smash
- Secret Sword

:Latias:
Latias (F) @ Soul Dew
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Spacial Rend
- Quiver Dance
- Baton Pass

Latias (F) @ Soul Dew
Modest Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Copycat
- Whirlwind
- Spore

Latias (F) @ Soul Dew
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Spore
- Dragon Pulse
- Gastro Acid

Niche Set

Latias (F) @ Soul Dew
Ability: Drought
Timid Nature
- Skill Swap
- Stealth Rock
- Searing Shot
- Spacial Rend

:Mewtwo:
Mewtwo @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Recover
- Magic Coat
- Copycat

Mewtwo @ Lum Berry
Timid Nature
- Shell Smash
- Stored Power
- Spore
- Secret Sword

Mewtwo @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Sheer Cold
- Trick
- Spore
- Gastro Acid

Mewtwo @ Lum Berry
Timid Nature
- Sheer Cold
- Zap Cannon
- Inferno
- Gastro Acid

:Skarmory:
Skarmory @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Recover
- Whirlwind
- Gear Grind
- Toxic

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Copycat
- Whirlwind
- Spore
- Skill Swap

:Aerodactyl:
Aerodactyl @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
Jolly Nature
- Trick
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Aromatherapy

Aerodactyl @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind
- Copycat

Aerodactyl @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Flare Blitz
- Shell Smash
- Wood Hammer

:Giratina-Origin:
Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
Bold Nature
- Curse
- Recover
- Draco Meteor
- Whirlwind

Giratina-Origin @ Draco Plate
Modest Nature
- Shell Smash
- Judgment
- Aura Sphere
- Spore

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
Modest Nature
- V-create
- Draco Meteor
- Spore
- Recover

:Jolteon:
Jolteon @ Air Balloon
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Recover
- Magic Coat
- Gastro Acid

Niche Set

Jolteon @ Air Balloon
Timid Nature
- Shell Smash
- Substitute
- Baton Pass
- Thunderbolt

:Palkia:
Palkia @ Lum Berry
Timid Nature
- Water Spout
- Shell Smash
- Dragon Pulse
- Spore

Palkia @ Shed Shell
Timid Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Recover
- Magic Coat
- Gastro Acid

:Deoxys-Attack:
Deoxys-Attack @ Focus Sash
Ability: Contrary
Naive Nature
- Draco Meteor
- V-create
- Superpower
- Baton Pass

Naive Nature
- Shell Smash
- Spore
- Stored Power
- V-create

Deoxys-Attack @ Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Sneak
- Spore

Jolly Nature
- Extreme Speed
- V-create
- Crunch
- Pursuit

:Ho-Oh:
Ho-Oh @ Toxic Orb
Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- Brave Bird
- Psycho Shift
- Roost

Ho-Oh @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- Brave Bird
- Wood Hammer
- Flare Blitz

:Swampert:
Swampert @ Shed Shell
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Magic Coat
- Recover
- Whirlwind

:Escavalier:
Escavalier @ Shed Shell
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- U-turn
- Magic Coat
- Heal Order
- Toxic

:Genesect:
Genesect @ Lum Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Magic Coat
- Recover
- Toxic Spikes

Genesect @ Shed Shell
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Shell Smash
- Baton Pass
- Substitute

:Kyurem-Black:
Kyurem-Black @ Lum Berry
Ability: Teravolt
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Bolt Strike
- Shell Smash
- Spore

:Kyurem-White:
Kyurem-White @ Lum Berry
Ability: Turboblaze
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Shell Smash
- Fusion Flare
- Spore

Niche Set
Kyurem-White @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Draco Meteor
- Trick
- Blue Flare

:Rayquaza:
Rayquaza @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Substitute
- Spore
- Gastro Acid

Rayquaza @ Lum Berry
Timid Nature
- Spore
- Shell Smash
- Dragon Pulse
- Substitute

Rayquaza @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Shell Smash
- Spore
- V-create

:Jirachi:
Jirachi @ Air Balloon
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Magic Coat
- Recover
- Doom Desire

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- U-turn
- Spikes
- Whirlwind

Jirachi @ Lum Berry
Modest Nature
- Shell Smash
- Stored Power
- Baton Pass
- Spore

:Kyogre:
Kyogre @ Shed Shell
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Calm Nature
- Surf
- Skill Swap
- Stealth Rock
- Magic Coat

Kyogre @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Bold Nature
- Surf
- Quiver Dance
- Spore
- Baton Pass

:Regirock:
Regirock @ Focus Sash
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Magic Coat
- Skill Swap
- Rapid Spin

:Reshiram:
Reshiram @ Lum Berry
Modest Nature
- Blue Flare
- Shell Smash
- Dragon Pulse
- Spore

Reshiram @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Eruption
- Draco Meteor
- Trick
- Blue Flare

Reshiram @ Draco Plate
Modest Nature
- Shell Smash
- Judgment
- Searing Shot
- Magic Coat

:Spiritomb:
Spiritomb @ Shed Shell
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Whirlwind
- Gastro Acid
- Recover
- Magic Coat

Spiritomb @ Shed Shell
Level: 2
- Endeavor
- Curse
- Pain Split
- Magic Coat

:Terrakion:
Terrakion @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Close Combat
- V-create
- Crunch

Terrakion @ Lum Berry
Ability: Scrappy
Jolly Nature
- Shell Smash
- Close Combat
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Fire

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- U-turn
- Trick
- Head Smash

:Thundurus-Therian:
Thundurus-Therian (M) @ Lum Berry
Modest Nature
- Shell Smash
- Spore
- Thunder
- Hurricane

:Drapion:
Drapion @ Air Balloon
Jolly Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- U-turn
- Recover
- Magic Coat

:Durant:
Durant @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Trick
- Taunt
- Toxic

:Dusclops:
Dusclops @ Eviolite
Calm Nature
- Spore
- Substitute
- Curse
- Recover

Dusclops @ Eviolite
Relaxed Nature
- Curse
- Recover
- U-turn
- Heal Bell

:Froslass:
Froslass (F) @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Encore
- Substitute
- Curse
- Recover

Niche Set

Froslass (F) @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Spore
- Copycat
- Substitute

:Landorus-Therian:
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Earth Plate
Jolly Nature
- Nature Power
- Spore
- Copycat
- Whirlwind

:Mamoswine:
Mamoswine @ Focus Sash
Ability: Snow Warning
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Icicle Crash
- Nature Power
- Skill Swap

Mamoswine @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Spore
- Baton Pass
- Nature Power

:Regice:
Regice @ Shed Shell
Sassy Nature
- Skill Swap
- Stealth Rock
- Blizzard
- Recover

Regice @ Focus Sash
Sassy Nature
- Magic Coat
- Stealth Rock
- Skill Swap
- Blizzard

Regice @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Blizzard
- Recover
- Baton Pass

Thank you to WrathoftheLeopard for the help and suggesting some sets and actually getting me involved in gen 5 again. I hope you will still be around from time to time.

As to not double post :

Also wanted to discuss some potential changes for the VR.

:Latias:
Latias should definitely drop imo. It doesn't offer anything over Latios offensively speaking and the extra Defense and Special Defense don't actually help it that much sadly. I would say C as it still has good stats and Soul Dew is still great in gen 5.

Kyurem-W to B. Stealth Rock's weakness is very annoying but the power it has can't be ignored. Draco Meteor Stab and Blizzard in Hail allow Kyurem-W to just demolish the common defensive pokemon such as Lugia and Giratina. Among the Special attackers it has the best HP which makes setting up easier too. Steel types are basically the only « safe » switch in with other few Special walls such as Blissey or Regice.

:Mewtwo:
Mewtwo to A. Best Speed for a Special Attacker. The fact that it is basically the third fastest offensive pokemon behind Deoxys-S and Deoxys-A makes it great as it can spam Spore on almost every pokemon. Good bulk with 106/90/90 to set up and Stab on Stored Power. Thanks to its Speed it can also run other sets than just Mold Breaker such as No Guard or Wonder Guard. It fits very well on weather teams and especially Sun as Fire coverage with Stored Power takes care of almost everything.

If nobody opposes those, i will implement them in a few days. Don't hesitate to nom other pokemon if you consider they should be placed differently.

Last edited:

Ransei

Garde Mystik
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
We've been quiet for some time so I figured I could introduce something cool to newer Gen 7 players. This is a Pokemon with a set similar to what has already been introduced before, but I will introduce it in a relatively more formal manner.

Meet Ultra Necrozma

:sm/necrozma-ultra:
Necrozma-Ultra @ Ultranecrozium Z
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 30 HP
- Shell Smash
- Photon Geyser
- Play Rough
- Thousand Arrows

Ultra Necrozma is an amazing Pokemon with one of the most straightforward sets in the entire metagame. This beast has an absurdly high BST, outmatching even Arceus itself without being a mega evolution. Much of that BST is greatly invested into two significant stats for it being Attack and Speed, all leading to its success in the Gen 7 Hackmons format.

Here's a list of some positives and some negatives:

Positives
+ Really good Attack + Speed stat combination.
++ Free 200 BP Psychic-type STAB moldy move to go along with 4 other moves.
+ It can't get tricked.
+ Has a simple, yet highly effective set that's a bit difficult to prep for.

Negatives
- Base 129 speed leaves it much to be desired. It so desperately wishes to outspeed Mega Mewtwo X and Mega Gengar.
- Its viability is restricted to Ultranecrozium Z.
- Is weaker to status moves.
- Dragon-type is pointless. This type harms the Pokemon more than it helps it, although this hardly matters because its positives significantly outweigh this negative.

Ultra Necrozma's main purpose is to act as a Mega Mewtwo X, but instead of being a Mega Mewtwo X, it's sacrificing 1 base speed point, an item and 23 base attack points for a 5th moveslot. This 5th moveslot is entitled to one move, Light That Burns The Sky, and it's a Psychic-type moldy STAB move with 200 BP. In other words, definitely worth the use if it could get some speed boost.

There are a few downsides to using Ultra Necrozma. First of all is the lack of base speed. 129 is fast but it's barely under being fast enough to keep up with this metagame's absolute biggest threats. An offensive breaker and sweeper is golden if it could outspeed the base 130 Speed Mega Gengar and Mega Mewtwo X. Another downside would be the item slot cost. You should perhaps only be using this Pokemon if it's coming with Ultranecrozium Z, otherwise it's outclassed by at least one of the Mega Mewtwos. This means Ultra Necrozma would not be the greatest at ignoring spammable status moves or escaping from Shadow Tag. However in return, nothing can trick a choice item into this Pokemon and it blasts nearly anything it wants with a 200 BP Attack move. Use non-innards defensive Pokemon as the opportunity to click Shell Smash, either because they wouldn't be able to punish very well, or because they'd likely try to pivot out. As soon as you can get the Shell Smash boosts you can start shattering teams. Be careful of Innards Out however, since it may call for an end to Necrozma's sweep.

Necrozma's attacks cover for most threats. STAB Photon Geyser hits hard through everything that isn't Psychic, Steel, or Dark-type. Play Rough takes care of the Dark-types. Thousand Arrows takes care of Steel-types and Alolan Muk. This isn't perfect coverage since it is still resisted by Psychic-type Pokemon and Steel/Bug-types such as Mega Scizor. For those, this is where the Ultranecrozium Z comes in. After Shell Smashing once, none of Psychic's resistances are going to survive Light That Burns The Sky...

+2 252+ Atk Huge Power Necrozma-Ultra Light That Burns the Sky vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Cresselia: 548-645 (123.7 - 145.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Huge Power Necrozma-Ultra Light That Burns the Sky vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Scizor-Mega: 490-577 (142.8 - 168.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Huge Power + a 200 BP Physical STAB Psychic-type move on a base 167 Attack Pokemon? Absolutely insane.

Because Ultra Necrozma's speed is too low for Jolly Nature to matter all that much and it has to set up to become highly successful anyway, Adamant is by far the best nature for this set. It's a really fun set to use for those who just want to dominate everything.

Ultra Necrozma currently sits in the A+ rank and is only refrained from going any higher due to how much base 129 Speed negatively affects it. I personally believe it is by far the best Pokemon in that rank, as it outdamages a lot more than the bulky Pokemon can wall, far outdamages more than the offense Pokemon can inflict and doesn't really get shut down by straightforward utility moves like Mega Metagross.

I frequently debate on Mega Metagross's ranking because while it is very destructive with infinite CFZ moves, it's too "fragile". Base defenses are incredible but it gets shut down way too easily by any use of Knock Off, Trick, Innards Out, or hardwalls that resist Steel-type moves. Heck, it even has to rely on a limited supply of sunlight to 100% ensure having replenishable CFZ moves. This Pokemon is simply too high maintenance. Unlike any other offense Pokemon in the same rank it also can't utilize coverage attacks to work around its hardwalls. Mega Metagross is like a Deoxys-Attack with high defenses but low coverage. They both hit extremely hard but are extremely fragile in return in their own separate ways.

Updated the Gen 3 VR after a long time!
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/old-gen-hackmons-megathread.3649618/page-7#post-8482672

...:ninjask: S1 > S1: Ninjask is now the top mon. It's more centralizing than Slaking at this point, as the surge of sand teams have nullified Slaking's presence a bit. Ninjask, however, still functions normally even though some of the best counters to it, such as Tyranitar and Aggron, are commonly found within sand teams. Ninjask even existing has given offensive threats that much of a chance to break through the defensive behemoths of sand teams. And Ninjask vs other offense is even more brutal, since certain threats that are passed Speed can just mow through teams. It's also nearly impossible to stop Ninjask, as it can always just use Spore, Substitute, or Protect to escape any given situation. Baton Pass ignores Pursuit, so you can't even trap it that way. Ninjask is a clear cut above Slaking, and that should be represented.
...:tyranitar: B1 > A2: Tyranitar has been pushing bulky sand teams for a while now, and they have become the best teams in the metagame. Tyranitar is a clear staple of the metagame now, and this change should reflect this.
...:aggron: B2 > B1: I feel Aggron is above the level of Skarmory, and on the level of Tentacruel. Skarmory is just too passive while Aggron can offensively threaten Slaking with Swords Dance Cross Chop.
...:deoxys-attack: UR > C1: Same thing as Mewtwo, but has higher Attack, Special Attack, and Speed for the cost of being revenge killed more easily. The main reason to use this is that it's a Mewtwo that can revenge Mewtwo.
...Updated the PokePastes of :ninjask: :slaking: :kyogre: :gengar: :tyranitar: :groudon: :rayquaza: :aggron: :tentacruel: :skarmory: :mewtwo: :quagsire: :ho-oh:.

Have a great day, everyone! :altaria:

New sample for Gen 3 PH!
:bw/kyogre::bw/kabutops::bw/celebi::bw/rayquaza::bw/ho-oh::bw/skarmory:

In addition, Kyogre Offense will leave as a sample, and Celebi Rain Balance will take its spot. Kyogre Offense is simply too dated and niche to work in this metagame. This sample, on the other hand, gives players a choice of balance instead of going in a hard direction with hyper offense or stall. It also counters most threats in the metagame very well, only really having a tough time against Ice Beam Kyogre, and even then it's not impossible. Take care! :altaria-mega:

Last edited:

Ransei

Garde Mystik
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus

Art by BlueberryBlanket

Welcome to the Pure Hackmons Viability Rankings. This is one of the many resources made to help players determine what can be considered viable in the metagame. These rankings are placed in alphabetical order with their abilities sorted in decreasing viability. Anyone is free to put their thoughts on any Pokemon and debate on whether or not they need a rank change as long as they are being reasonable. Provide clear evidence for reasons why a Pokemon should have a change in rank, and be civil about it. We want what we can believe to be closer to fact than subjective opinions.

S Rank
S + Rank
Innards Out
S Rank
S+
Chansey

S
Blissey

S-
Lunala
Mewtwo-Mega-Y

A Rank
A+
Giratina

A
Drifblim
Emboar

A-
Guzzlord
Zygarde-Complete

S Rank
Gengar-Mega
Mewtwo-Mega-X

S- Rank
No Guard
S Rank
S
Deoxys-Speed
Lopunny-Mega

S-
Aerodactyl-Mega
Mewtwo-Mega-Y

A Rank
A+
Everything else
Wonder Guard
S Rank
S
Audino-Mega
Sableye-Mega

S-
Muk-Alola

A Rank
A+
Meloetta
Scizor-Mega
Slowbro-Mega

A
Arceus
Cresselia
Genesect
Xerneas

A-
Celesteela
Ferrothorn
Gyarados-Mega
Kartana
Regigigas
Slaking

B Rank
B+
Deoxys-Speed
Groudon-Primal
Mewtwo
Mewtwo-Mega-Y

B
Gyarados
Mega-Mewtwo-X
Raticate-Alola
Sableye

B-
Aggron-Mega
Kyogre-Primal
Magearna
Steelix-Mega
Swampert-Mega

C Rank
C+
Bisharp
Diancie-Mega
Manectric-Mega
Dialga

C
Deoxys-Attack
Electrode

C-
Durant
Palkia

D
Ludicolo
Volcarona
Aerodactyl-Mega
Mewtwo-Mega-Y
Zygarde-Complete

A Rank
A+ Rank
Giratina
Groudon-Primal
Gyarados-Mega
Necrozma-Ultra
Rayquaza-Mega
Slowbro-Mega

A Rank
Blissey
Chansey
Cresselia
Greninja-Ash
Kartana
Lunala
Necrozma-Dusk-Mane
Regigigas
Slaking
Solgaleo
Yveltal

A- Rank
Doublade
Deoxys-Attack
Lugia
Metagross-Mega
Necrozma-Dawn-Wings

B Rank
B+ Rank
Alakazam-Mega
Aegislash
Aggron-Mega
Diancie-Mega
Ferrothorn
Ho-Oh
Kyurem-Black
Registeel

B Rank
Articuno
Banette-Mega
Beedrill-Mega
Kyogre-Primal
Pheromosa
Xerneas

B- Rank
Sceptile-Mega
Venusaur-Mega

C Rank
C+ Rank
Gyarados

C Rank
Arceus

C- Rank
Aegislash-Blade
Raticate-Alola

Blacklist - Do not discuss putting these on the VR
Any pure Fire-type for their Burn Up sets.
Pure Fire-types in the metagame don't stand very well as Wonder Guards as they for the most part are outclassed by other possible Wonder Guards such as Primal Groudon and Alolan Muk for having similar but less weaknesses, and usually higher defensive stats. However, the main strategy of a Pure Fire-type Pokemon with Wonder Guard is to utilize the move Burn Up, a move that removes a Pokemon's Fire-type after successfully hitting. With many viable Wonder Guards in the metagame, these types of Pokemon should find it hard to be able to successfully hit an attack, and even if they do, they can still be forced to switch either by phazing or by matchup, causing them to have to redo their main strategy. It is also worth noting that the ability of Wonder Guards to carry four moves in this metagame is a gift. Most of them use their four moves in order to support, recover themselves, boost stats, inflict status, and/or throw hazards. They're type combination is good enough to handle on their own without the absolute need to provide a move to get rid of their type. Pure Fire-type Pokemon who follow the Burn Up strategy can also struggle more heavily against Mold Breaker/Turboblaze/Teravolt Pokemon or Pokemon that have Photon Geyser or Moongeist Beam, making the entire point of the strategy lose any value it had.

Post to stack on explanation: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/pure-hackmons.3656851/page-3#post-8375359
Apologies for having taken several months to do this but the Generation 7 Viability Rankings have now been updated. Fairly big changes have been added to the VR and hopefully much of it can be understood. If you have any questions about it feel free to post on this thread. I want to start a new discussion :bloblul:

Changes:
Rises
Ferrothorn: UR -> B+
Kartana: B+ -> A
Mega Beedrill: UR -> B

Drops
Aegislash-Blade: C -> C-
Alolan Raticate: C+ -> C-
Chansey: S+ -> A
Blissey: S+ ->A
Drifblim: S+ -> UR
Deoxys-Speed: S- -> UR
Mega Lopunny: S- -> UR
Mega Metagross: A+ -> A-
Palkia: C- -> UR

Additions:
Innards Out -> S+
No Guard -> S-

Last edited:
Apologies for having taken several months to do this but the Generation 7 Viability Rankings have now been updated. Fairy big changes have been added to the VR and hopefully much of it can be understood. If you have any questions about it feel free to post on this thread. I want to start a new discussion :bloblul:
Hold up, Fairy big changes? I think you should fix that, or if you don't wanna, you will have a huge liking for fairies :blobthinking:

Plague von Karma

Banned deucer.
Ransei asked me to post about this.

So for those who've played RBY and GSC, you may know of a rule called "Cleric Clause". It's been a bit forgotten about with the rise of battle simulators, but the gist of it is that you must heal your Pokemon at a Pokemon Center before a battle begins. This is because, in those games, you can enter link battles with a damaged team. This includes status, so you can, let's say, enter a battle with a Poisoned Tauros. Hell, in Gen 2, this essentially means you can set up a max power Reversal/Flail off the bat by getting sent to 1 HP.

Ergo, the Pure Hackmons played on PS is technically not completely accurate to cartridge RBY/GSC

I've worked on a mod that adds items which status your Pokemon before being consumed in RBY, though obviously, I can't apply this to Gen 2 as items actually exist there. For RBY, this is a surprisingly big meta change. It means you can avoid paralysis and sleep, or further reduce Confusion damage by burning a Special-based Pokemon like Starmie. It also makes Haze relevant, as you can remove the major status and then try to inflict Sleep. You can play this version of Pure Hackmons on the RBY 2k20 PS Server here. I'm always available for test games, which are sometimes organized on the Discord server you can find in my signature. Feel free to make use of this for some theoretical "suspect test" or something, if you want.

I'm not sure if you'd officially want it put in, but hey, I thought I'd put it forward.

I've worked on a mod that adds items which status your Pokemon before being consumed in RBY, though obviously, I can't apply this to Gen 2 as items actually exist there. For RBY, this is a surprisingly big meta change. It means you can avoid paralysis and sleep, or further reduce Confusion damage by burning a Special-based Pokemon like Starmie. It also makes Haze relevant, as you can remove the major status and then try to inflict Sleep. You can play this version of Pure Hackmons on the RBY 2k20 PS Server here. I'm always available for test games, which are sometimes organized on the Discord server you can find in my signature. Feel free to make use of this for some theoretical "suspect test" or something, if you want.
you can also change base stats of pokemon in ph, so at best this would be ch

Plague von Karma

Banned deucer.
you can also change base stats of pokemon in ph, so at best this would be ch
Right, there's also the matter of having the ability to manipulate HP with cleric clause removed. There's still a lot that needs to be done to make RBY PH completely possible.

Should mention I also have L255s and MissingNo. unbanned on the 2k20 PS server.

Originally ran by Ransei

ORAS EDITION
Art by BlueberryBlanket

Welcome to the Pure Hackmons Viability Rankings. This is one of the many resources made to help players determine what can be considered viable in the metagame. These rankings are placed in Viability order from S to A ranks and then alphabetical order forward. Anyone is free to put their thoughts on any Pokémon and debate on whether or not they need a rank change as long as they are being reasonable.
Provide clear evidence for reasons why a Pokémon should have a change in rank, and be civil about it. We want what we can believe to be closer to fact than subjective opinions. ALSO, POKEMON THAT ARE UNRANKED AND NOMINATED REQUIRE REPLAYS TO BE RANKED.

Explanation for No Guard and Wonder Guard icons:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/3650569/page-2#post-8705200

S Rank

S+
Wonder Guard
Ice Weak Wonder Guards are ranked due to their ability to wall most offensive Pokemon bar Mold Breaker and No Guard users. However, because they are weak to Sheer Cold and are therefore vulnerable to No Guard users, they usually should be run with either 2 other non-Ice weak Wonder Guards or an offensive Shadow Tag user such as Regigigas, Slaking. or Mewtwo Mega X with a Choice Scarf.

S Rank
S
Xerneas
Audino-Mega
Kyogre-Primal

A Rank
A+
Blissey
Slaking
Beedrill-Mega
Deoxys-Attack
Arceus

A
Mewtwo-Mega-Y
Scizor-Mega

A-
Escavalier
Gengar-Mega
Gardevoir-Mega
Manectric-Mega
Sableye-Mega

A reminder that after this point pokemon are ranked alphabetically.

B Rank
B+
Cresselia
Deoxys-Speed
Groudon-Primal
Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Skuntank
Swampert-Mega

B
Dusclops
Ferrothorn
Lucario-Mega
Ludicolo
Mewtwo-Mega-X

B-
Drapion
Ho-Oh
Landorus-Therian
Rotom-Fan
Talonflame
Thundurus
Volcarona

C Rank
C+
Ditto
Gyarados
Hoopa-Unbound
Landorus
Mismagius
Shuckle
Thundurus-Therian

C
Lopunny-Mega
Kyurem-White
Registeel
Skarmory
Wobbuffet

C-
Blaziken-Mega
Dialga
Galvantula
1677633416551.png
Genesect
Gengar @ Gengarite
Metagross-Mega
Palkia
Reshiram
Sableye @ Sablenite
Volcanion

???
The Supremely Outclassed (Also known as the Shadow Realm)
This is all the remaining Pokémon who hold the same or similar set of weaknesses as an individual Pokémon above ??? rank. They are either fully outclassed or do not have strong enough merits to escape from ??? rank. These Pokémon can be used and players may find success with them, but they bring minimal to no value above the Pokémon ranked higher on the Wonder Guard Viability Rankings. This does not apply to all other Pokémon simply because plenty have critical combinations of weaknesses that render them unusable with Wonder Guard and several have combined weaknesses that can be worked with but require a significant amount of support to such an extent that they fall below ??? Rank. In summary, these pokemon are in theory above D rank but in actual play should nearly never be used.

Examples of Pokémon who fit under ??? Rank
Furret (Incredibly outclassed by Arceus and many other pure Normal-types)
Floette-Eternal (Incredibly outclassed by Xerneas & Audino-mega )
Seismitoad (Incredibly outclassed by Swampert-Mega)
Surskit (Incredibly outclassed by Gyarados @ Gyaradosite)

S
Giratina

A Rank

A+
Mewtwo-Mega-X
Gyarados-Mega
Chansey
Rayquaza-Mega
Groudon-Primal

A
Diancie-Mega
No Guard
S Rank
S+
Mewtwo-Mega-Y

S
Mewtwo-Mega-X

A
Gengar-Mega
Lopunny-Mega
Arceus
Mega-Aerodactyl
Deoxys-Speed

A reminder that after this point pokemon are ranked alphabetically.

B
Alakazam-Mega
Beedrill-Mega
Deoxys-Attack
Manectric-Mega
Sceptile-Mega

C
Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Latios-Mega
Slaking
Regigigas
Gengar-Mega

A-
Latios-Mega
Mewtwo-Mega-Y

A Reminder that after this point pokemon are ranked alphabetically

B Rank
B+
Arceus
Xerneas

B
Dialga
Zekrom

B-
Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Metagross-Mega
Tyranitar-Mega

C Rank
C+
Abomasnow-Mega
Aegislash
Giratina-Origin
Kyurem-Black
Lugia
Yveltal

C
Kyogre-Primal
Pidgeot-Mega
Sceptile-Mega

C-
Ho-Oh
Registeel
Venusaur-Mega
Kyurem-White

Last edited:

berry

what kind
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
hi i'm here to talk about offensive archetypes in oras ph

1. classic
:drapion: :gengar-mega: :arceus: :aerodactyl-mega: :blissey: :kyurem-black:
https://pokepast.es/7994910d00248c41

i call classic offense classic because it's pretty much the oldest form of offense that developed alongside the meta back in 2014 and 2015. This uses one of the most common offensive cores in the format, a substitute and baton passing wonder guard paired with a boosting sweeper. this is the best way to secure and endgame victory, alongside with being able to chunk teams pretty early on if you're able to get a substitute passed in the first turns of the game, before the opponent can punish by breaking the sub or sending in a prankster, trapping, or priority mon. The other WG slot is usually reserved for support WG, with slots being used for defog, magic coat, hazard setting.

how to build classic offense

bring a subpasser (usually wg, sometimes prank)
bring a setup mold
bring a support wg
bring a priority user (usually ate, sometimes hugepower)
two free slots for trapping, imposter, prankster, no guard, etc

2. stag
shadow tag offense is super crazy due to the fact that you have a good chance of completely sacking their wonder guards super early in the game, allowing a ton more room for your deoxys and priority user to clean up

:mewtwo-mega-y: :mewtwo-mega-x: :mewtwo-mega-x: :kyurem-black: :arceus-flying: :deoxys-speed:
https://pokepast.es/3e7cd10ae856ee1e

how to build stag offense

bring 3 shadow taggers with good coverage (mewtwo formes are best, you can use groudon and rayquaza as well)
bring a priority user (bring an ate, hugepower doesn't rlly work here)
bring no guard deoxys-speed
free slot for wonder guard (u barely need it lol), a choiced mold like ray or an imposter

3. wg
wg offense gives up completely on the idea of support wgs and hopes that you can set up a solid attacker that can't be hit by priority -ates or its own imposter

:diancie-mega: :gyarados: :mewtwo-mega-x: :xerneas: :steelix-mega: :yveltal:
https://pokepast.es/06c9eaa12018a459

how to build wg offense

bring wg gyarados
bring another wg that has good offensive stats (like xern) or bring a commonly non wg mon as a wg with a solidly offensive set
bring alt support mons like magic bouncers and pranksters
2-3 free slots for priority ates, no guards, imposters, staggers, etc

4. no setup
no setup offense relies on strong molds like ray and latios that can simply switch in and click an attack, chunking whatever switches into it. if you end up claiming their wgs, you can easily clean with your ate priority user and deoxys. teams like this benefit a lot from hazard stacks to break sashes on deo but they aren't complete hazard stack dedicated teams

:rayquaza-mega: :deoxys-speed: :diancie-mega: :scizor-mega: :latios-mega: :blissey:
https://pokepast.es/000a88cc795b713e

how to build no setup offense

bring a no setup nuke mold (anything with cb/s really, my favorites are ray, groudon, and latios with soul dew)
bring an ate prio user that runs hazards (they should be running hazards anyway but make sure you run hazards for real)
bring another spikes setter (usually run this on a wg, doesn't have to be wg but it might be nice to have one)
bring deoxys
bring another no setup nuke mold

free slot for imp or prank or another wg if you want to combine this with some subpass, pivots are really good here so keep that in mind

5. mewtwos
this is pretty old but it's been a consistently successful archetype, basically two hugepower mmx are used to cover every possible combination of weaknesses that wgs can have. usually teams like this completely forgo a mold, but having one in your back pocket doesn't hurt

:mewtwo-mega-x: :mewtwo-mega-x: (ate prio user) the rest of the team really doesn't matter, this is one of the teams that i personally do not use because i can never get it to work, but it's been super successful for friends of mine in the past. I don't think I can build a suitable one to truly showcase how good this can be, so i'll leave it to someone else

how to build mewtwo offense

bring two hugepower mewtwo-mega-x with lots of coverage moves. make sure to bring enough to hit all wgs (gear grind, sacred fire, leaf blade, thousand arrows, waterfall, play rough, close combat, and fusion bolt are all moves i've seen before spread between the mewtwos, even niche special stuff like freeze dry have been used as well)
bring a priority -ate user
bring the standard double wg core
free slot for literally anything

6. fusions
this isn't really an archetype, but more of a place to show how these archetypes can be mixed and matched
:kyogre-primal: :groudon-primal: :blissey: :alakazam-mega: :gengar-mega: :mewtwo-mega-x:
https://pokepast.es/e7b8ef9cdadd7036
cool mix of standard wgs (kyogre) offensive wgs (gengar) offensive stag (groudon) mold nukes (mmy) and random no guard (zam)

:slaking: :mewtwo-mega-y: :giratina: :beedrill-mega: :sableye-mega: :gengar-mega:
https://pokepast.es/7e2936cdb340d0da
cool mix of standard wgs (sableye) fast bp wgs (beedrill) mold nukes but kinda weird unviable mold nukes (slaking) standard setup molds (gengar) and random no guard (mmy)

:sm/deoxys-speed:

Hey regirock...... why do you recommend deoxys-speed so much? isn't it super easy to completely invalidate?

if you think deoxys speed is unviable because "you can just switch between two wgs" stop speaking
when paired with offense where you're constantly applying pressure to their wgs (or you even take one out with a well timed mold breaker switchin) deoxys suddenly becomes the second most powerful tool on your team, behind ate prio users. Even in the early game, deo can be used to force switches that give you a ton of momentum and allow you to set up hazards, chipping their wgs and other mons into giving up KOs to your molds. i find myself squarely in the camp that mons like deo are the reason that wonder guard has its viability, and not the other way around, and i guess that's a point that everyone will argue over until this website gets shut down.

omg regirock you're so smart you're so right i love deoxys-speed now but hold up that sounds really broken what beats it when the wonder guards go home for the night?

:sm/kyurem-black: :sm/diancie-mega:

if you've been paying any attention to this post the one slot that i always swing back to when i'm talking about offense is priority ate users, specifically fakespeed users like kyurem-black and diancie. both of these mons are incredibly powerful because they are singlehandedly some of the only non-wgs that can beat deo 100% of the time with a combination of fake out, extremespeed, pursuit, other coverage, and hazards. these two mons add an incredible layer of consistency to the meta, being able to force out pretty much every boosted mold, as well as claiming one or two shot kills on pretty much every non wg that isn't steel type. prio ate users also just completely dumpster giratina, the other mon that usually stands in the way of offensive cores taking off.

i think offense is one of the most consistent archetypes in oras because of its high damage output and its ability to quickly force post-wg endgames where mons like deoxys and kyurem completely clean up. it's what i've always played in this format and i don't see it ever becoming not viable. offense vs offense games are super fast-paced tests of skill with crucial sacks and interesting imposter usage, and offense vs slow games are really fun preservation mindgames and stall that has to keep up with crippling and removing attackers that threaten its cores.

thanks for reading my oras offense primer

manu 11

Here is the gen 6 ph setpedia. It follows the order of the VR. I added some pokes in D-rank.

The Wonder Guard and No Guard sets are in their respective rank.

We have tried to list the best sets but don't hesitate to comment if you feel sets should be added.

Special thanks to all the people who helped with improving/suggesting sets in old shark room.

S Rank

:Lopunny-Mega:
Deoxys-Speed @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sheer Cold
- Substitute
- Hypnosis
- Gastro Acid

Timid Nature
- Trick
- Sheer Cold
- Gastro Acid
- Sing

Timid Nature
- Sheer Cold
- Sing
- Gastro Acid
- Stealth Rock

:Alakazam-Mega:
Alakazam-Mega @ Focus Sash
EVs: 248 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sheer Cold
- Gastro Acid
- Sing
- Zap Cannon/Inferno

:Aerodactyl-Mega:
Aerodactyl-Mega @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Sheer Cold
- Sing
- Gastro Acid
- Stealth Rock

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Sheer Cold
- Sing
- Gastro Acid
- Trick
Electrode @ Air Balloon
Timid Nature
- Sheer Cold
- Substitute
- Hypnosis
- Gastro Acid

Electrode @ Air Balloon
Timid Nature
- Fissure
- Sing
- Gastro Acid
- Taunt

Lopunny-Mega @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Sheer Cold
- Gastro Acid
- Stealth Rock

Lopunny-Mega @ Focus Sash
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sheer Cold
- Close Combat
- Gastro Acid
- Sing

:Audino-Mega:
Arceus @ Shed Shell
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Def / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Parting Shot
- Nuzzle
- Defog
- Recover

Arceus @ Shed Shell
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Parting Shot
- Nuzzle
- Recover
- Defog

Arceus @ Shed Shell
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Whirlwind
- Defog
- Recover

Audino-Mega @ Shed Shell
Relaxed Nature
- Baton Pass
- Wish
- Defog/Aromatherapy
- Magic Coat/King's Shield

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Knock Off
- Waterfall
- Taunt/Substitute/Magic Coat

:Sableye-Mega:
Sableye-Mega @ Sablenite
Relaxed Nature
- Magic Coat
- Foul Play
- Baton Pass
- Recover

:Scizor-Mega:
Scizor-Mega @ Shed Shell
Relaxed Nature
- Powder
- U-turn
- Magic Coat
- Defog

Scizor-Mega @ Shed Shell
EVs: 248 HP / 134 Def / 126 Spe
Bold Nature
- Substitute
- Shell Smash
- Baton Pass
- Roost

:Swampert-Mega:
Swampert-Mega @ Shed Shell
Relaxed Nature
- U-turn
- Defog
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock

:Xerneas:
Xerneas @ Iron Plate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Freeze-Dry
- Moonblast
- Shell Smash

Xerneas @ Iron Plate
EVs: 48 HP / 212 SpA / 248 Spe
Modest Nature
- Shell Smash
- Moonblast
- Freeze-Dry
- Judgment

Xerneas @ Shed Shell
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Parting Shot
- King's Shield
- Recover

:Drapion:
Drapion @ Shed Shell
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Poison Fang
- Recover
- Baton Pass

Drapion @ Shed Shell
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Substitute
- Knock Off
- Recover
- Baton Pass
Electrode @ Air Balloon
EVs: 248 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- U-turn
- Gastro Acid
- Recover

:Genesect:
Genesect @ Flame Plate
Modest Nature
- Shell Smash
- Judgment
- Baton Pass
- Freeze-Dry

Genesect @ Shed Shell
Careful Nature
- U-turn
- Sleep Talk
- Recover
- Aromatherapy

:Kyogre-Primal:
Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Parting Shot
- Scald
- Defog

Kyogre-Primal @ Shed Shell
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Recover
- Baton Pass
- Scald
- Whirlwind

:Manectric-Mega:
Manectric-Mega @ Air Balloon
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Gastro Acid
- Toxic/Taunt
- Heal Order

:Regigigas:
Regigigas @ Shed Shell
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Magic Coat
- Pursuit
- Recover

:Slaking:
Slaking @ Shed Shell
Bold Nature
- Substitute
- Baton Pass
- Recover
- Taunt

Slaking @ Shed Shell
Bold Nature
- Substitute
- Baton Pass
- Recover
- Belly Drum

Beedrill-Mega @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Powder
- Defog
- U-turn

Beedrill-Mega @ Black Sludge
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Magic Coat
- Defog
- Heal Bell

Blissey (F) @ Shed Shell
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Substitute
- Baton Pass
- Wish
- Magic Coat

Cresselia (F) @ Shed Shell
Bold Nature
- King's Shield
- Volt Switch
- Slack Off
- Magic Coat

Bold Nature
- Recover
- Baton Pass
- Scald
- King's Shield

Deoxys-Speed @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Baton Pass
- King's Shield
- Taunt

Timid Nature
- Sheer Cold
- Trick
- Stealth Rocks
- Parting Shot
:Groudon-Primal:
Groudon-Primal @ Shed Shell
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- V-create
- Thousand Arrows
- Baton Pass
- Wish

Groudon-Primal @ Earth Plate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Shell Smash
- Judgment
- V-create
- Baton Pass

EVs: 248 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Pursuit
- Parting Shot
- Roost
- Defog

Meloetta @ Shed Shell
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- King's Shield
- Recover
- Psystrike

Mewtwo @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Trick
- Taunt
- Recover

Mewtwo-Mega-X @ Shed Shell
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Parting Shot
- Toxic Spikes

Mewtwo-Mega-X @ Mewtwonite Y
Timid Nature
- Dark Void
- Shell Smash
- Psystrike
- Moonblast

Mewtwo-Mega-Y @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shell Smash
- Psystrike
- Baton Pass
- Substitute

Mewtwo-Mega-Y @ Shed Shell
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Recover
- Magic Coat
- Toxic

Palkia @ Shed Shell
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Draco Meteor
- Recover
- Parting Shot

Palkia @ Draco Plate
Modest Nature
- Judgment
- Steam Eruption
- Shell Smash
- Baton Pass

Spiritomb @ Focus Sash
Level: 2
Calm Nature
- Endeavor
- Pain Split
- Curse
- Magic Coat

Alakazam-Mega @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sheer Cold
- Volt Switch
- King's Shield
- Doom Desire

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Relaxed Nature
- Wish
- Magic Coat
- Parting Shot
- Nuzzle

Hasty Nature
IVs: 0 Def / 0 SpD
- Pursuit
- Volt Switch
- Magic Coat
- Gastro Acid

Dialga @ Air Balloon
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Toxic

Dialga @ Fist Plate
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Spacial Rend
- Shell Smash
- Flash Cannon

Durant @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Trick
- Taunt
- Toxic

Escavalier @ Shed Shell
Sassy Nature
- U-turn
- Toxic
- King's Shield
- Recover

Hoopa-Unbound @ Shed Shell
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Hyperspace Fury
- Recover
- Stealth Rock

Landorus (M) @ Shed Shell
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Parting Shot
- Recover
- Defog
- Poison Fang

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 248 HP / 120 Atk / 140 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Heal Order
- Shift Gear
- Baton Pass
Lopunny-Mega @ Safety Goggles
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Baton Pass
- Magic Coat
- Gastro Acid

Mawile-Mega @ Shed Shell
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Adamant Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Knock Off
- King's Shield
- Parting Shot

Skarmory @ Shed Shell
Impish Nature
- Powder
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog

Alomomola @ Shed Shell
Relaxed Nature
- Wish
- Volt Switch
- Scald
- King's Shield

Ampharos @ Ampharosite
Modest Nature
- Shell Smash
- Thunderbolt
- Spacial Rend
- Substitute

Ampharos @ Ampharosite
EVs: 160 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 92 Spe
Modest Nature
- Shell Smash
- Thunderbolt
- Spacial Rend
- Substitute

Ampharos @ Ampharosite
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 172 Spe
Modest Nature
- Shell Smash
- Thunderbolt
- Spacial Rend
- Substitute

Darkrai @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Switcheroo
- Volt Switch
- Dark Pulse
- Stealth Rock

Darkrai @ Safety Goggles
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Quiver Dance
- Spore
- Baton Pass
:Houndoom-Mega:
Houndoom-Mega @ Fist Plate
Modest Nature
- Shell Smash
- Judgment
- Dark Pulse
- Searing Shot

Ludicolo @ Shed Shell
Calm Nature
- Spore
- Baton Pass
- Scald
- Defog

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Quiver Dance
- Baton Pass
- Substitute

Volcanion @ Air Balloon
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- King's Shield
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Roost

Volcarona @ Shed Shell
Ability: Flame Body
Timid Nature
- Baton Pass
- Substitute
- Roost
- Poison Fang

:Giratina:
Giratina @ Safety Goggles
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Curse
- Recover
- Haze

Giratina @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Encore
- Curse
- Recover
- Haze

Giratina @ Safety Goggles
Bold Nature
- Substitute
- Spore
- Recover
- Baton Pass

Giratina @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Curse
- Recover
- Substitute

Giratina @ Griseous Orb
Bold Nature
- Substitute
- Baton Pass
- Recover
- Curse

Giratina @ Griseous Orb
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Curse
- Recover
- King's Shield

Giratina @ Leftovers
Ability: Fur Coat
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Parting Shot
- Recover
- Curse

S- Rank

:Aerodactyl-Mega:
Aerodactyl-Mega @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Diamond Storm
- U-turn
- Thousand Arrows
- Dragon Ascent

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Diamond Storm
- U-turn
- Trick
- Dragon Ascent

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Timid Nature
- Encore
- Spikes
- Perish Song
- Recover

Jolly Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Trick
- U-turn
- Dragon Ascent

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Toxic Orb
Adamant Nature
- Head Smash
- Brave Bird
- Psycho Shift
- Shift Gear

Ability: Gale Wings
Jolly Nature
- Trick
- U-turn
- Defog
- Dragon Ascent

:Blissey:
Blissey (F) @ Choice Scarf
Happiness: 128
Impish Nature
- Final Gambit
- Trick
- Skill Swap
- Wish

Blissey (F) @ Spooky Plate/Iron Plate
Impish Nature
- Transform
- Fake Out
- Whirlwind
- Wish

:Chansey:
Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Relaxed Nature
- Heal Bell
- Skill Swap
- Whirlwind
- Wish

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Relaxed Nature
- Wish
- Skill Swap
- Final Gambit
- Whirlwind

A Rank

A+ Rank

:Diancie-Mega:
Diancie-Mega @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Pixilate
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Extreme Speed
- Sacred Fire
- Stealth Rock

Diancie-Mega @ Pixie Plate
Naughty Nature
- Boomburst
- Fake Out
- Extreme Speed
- Searing Shot

Diancie-Mega @ Life Orb
Naughty Nature
- Light of Ruin
- Head Smash
- Shell Smash
- Iron Head

Diancie-Mega @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Gear Grind
- Sacred Fire
- Play Rough
- Thousand Arrows

:Gengar-Mega:
Gengar-Mega @ Spooky Plate
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Secret Sword
- Spore
- Shell Smash

Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Copycat
- Substitute
- Baton Pass

Gengar-Mega @ Black Sludge
Timid Nature
- Encore
- Substitute
- Destiny Bond
- Baton Pass

Ability: Normalize
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Entrainment
- Toxic
- Quiver Dance

Gengar-Mega @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Fissure
- Sing
- Gastro Acid

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Perish Song
- Encore
- Recover
- Spikes

:Latios-Mega:
Latios-Mega (M) @ Soul Dew
Timid Nature
- Stored Power
- Shell Smash
- Spacial Rend
- Spore

Latios-Mega (M) @ Soul Dew
Timid Nature
- Psystrike
- Quiver Dance
- Spacial Rend
- Spore

:Mewtwo-Mega-X:
Mewtwo-Mega-X @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Gear Grind
- Sacred Fire
- Fusion Bolt
- Play Rough

Mewtwo-Mega-X @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Fake Out
- Extreme Speed
- Knock Off
- Freeze-Dry

Mewtwo-Mega-X @ Safety Goggles
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Shell Smash
- Knock Off
- Close Combat

Mewtwo-Mega-X @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Trick
- Close Combat
- Sacred Fire
- Play Rough

Mewtwo-Mega-X @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Trick
- Sheer Cold
- Sacred Fire
- Gastro Acid

Mewtwo-Mega-X @ Mewtwonite Y
EVs: 248 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Shell Smash
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Iron Head

:Mewtwo-Mega-Y:
Mewtwo-Mega-Y @ Safety Goggles
Timid Nature
- Psystrike
- Moonblast
- Shell Smash
- Spore

Mewtwo-Mega-Y @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Dark Void
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Psystrike

Mewtwo-Mega-Y @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Fissure
- Zap Cannon
- Inferno
- Sing

Mewtwo-Mega-Y @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Searing Shot
- Moonblast
- Psystrike

A Rank
:Groudon-Primal:
Groudon-Primal @ Safety Goggles
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Thousand Arrows
- V-create
- Spore

Groudon-Primal @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Trick
- Thousand Arrows
- V-create
- Fusion Bolt

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Shell Smash
- Knock Off
- Taunt/Magic Coat/Substitute

:Kyurem-Black:
Kyurem-Black @ Icicle Plate
Ability: Refrigerate
Naughty Nature
- Fake Out
- Extreme Speed
- Sacred Fire
- Freeze-Dry/Stealth Rocks/Gastro Acid/Pursuit

:Rayquaza-Mega:
Rayquaza-Mega @ Sky Plate
Ability: Aerilate
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Extreme Speed
- Sacred Fire
- Stealth Rock

Rayquaza-Mega @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Trick
- Sacred Fire
- U-turn

Rayquaza-Mega @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Thousand Arrows
- Trick
- U-turn

Rayquaza-Mega @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Oblivion Wing
- Tail Glow
- Substitute
- Taunt/Toxic

Rayquaza-Mega @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Volt Switch
- Oblivion Wing
- Trick

A- Rank
Arceus @ Spooky Plate
Modest Nature
- Judgment
- Boomburst
- Shell Smash
- Spore/Dark Void

Arceus @ Safety Goggles
Modest Nature
- Nature Power
- Copycat
- Spore
- Parting Shot

Arceus @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Slack Off
- Toxic Spikes
- Volt Switch

:Regigigas:
Regigigas @ Safety Goggles
Happiness: 0
Adamant Nature
- Frustration
- Shell Smash
- Spore
- Shadow Claw

Regigigas @ Lum Berry
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Belly Drum
- Shadow Sneak
- Earthquake

Regigigas @ Silk Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Extreme Speed
- Knock Off
- Gastro Acid

:Slaking:
Same sets as Regigigas but it can also be used more defensively because it has better overall bulk

:Slowbro-Mega:
Slowbro-Mega @ Shed Shell
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Slack Off
- Parting Shot
- Scald

Slowbro-Mega @ Safety Goggles
Bold Nature
- Haze
- Recover
- Freeze-Dry
- Parting Shot

Slowbro-Mega @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Slack Off
- Toxic
- Whirlwind

:Yveltal:
Yveltal @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Gastro Acid
- Haze
- Heal Order
- Pursuit

Yveltal @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- King's Shield
- Roost
- Knock Off

Yveltal @ Expert Belt
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Trick-or-Treat
- Pursuit
- Knock Off
- Iron Head

Yveltal @ Life Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Gastro Acid
- Brave Bird
- Pursuit
- Roost

B Rank

B+ Rank

:Aegislash:
Aegislash @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Haze
- Encore
- Curse
- Recover

Aegislash @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Encore
- Substitute
- Curse
- Recover

:Alakazam-Mega:
EVs: 248 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sheer Cold
- Gastro Acid
- Sing
- Zap Cannon

EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stored Power
- Shell Smash
- Dark Void
- Secret Sword

:Banette-Mega:
Banette-Mega @ Safety Goggles
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Poison Jab
- Fusion Bolt
- Sacred Fire

Banette-Mega @ Life Orb
Ability: Parental Bond
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Iron Head
- Sacred Fire
- Close Combat

:Cresselia:
Bold Nature
- Parting Shot
- Nuzzle
- Recover
- Scald

Cresselia (F) @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Baton Pass
- Slack Off
- Knock Off
- Taunt

:Deoxys-Attack:
Deoxys-Attack @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Trick
- Volt Switch
- Blue Flare

Naive Nature
- Shell Smash
- Psystrike
- Knock Off
- Secret Sword

Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Play Rough
- Gear Grind
- Fusion Bolt

Ability: Contrary
Naive Nature
- V-create
- Draco Meteor
- Superpower
- Leaf Storm/Iron Head/Fusion Bolt/Thousand Arrows

Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Nuzzle
- Spikes
- Knock Off

Deoxys-Speed @ Safety Goggles
Serious Nature
- Encore
- Spikes
- Perish Song
- Nuzzle

Deoxys-Speed @ Safety Goggles
Serious Nature
- Encore
- Spore
- Substitute
- Baton Pass

:Gyarados-Mega:
Gyarados-Mega @ Safety Goggles
Careful Nature
- Haze
- Heal Order
- Gastro Acid
- Pursuit

Ability: Infiltrator
Impish Nature
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Magic Coat
- Gastro Acid

Gyarados-Mega @ Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
- Trick-or-Treat
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

:Registeel:
Registeel @ Safety Goggles
Careful Nature
- Haze
- Nuzzle
- Parting Shot
- Recover

Registeel @ Safety Goggles
IVs : 0 Spe
Sassy Nature
- Haze
- Gastro Acid
- Volt Switch
- Recover

:Steelix-Mega:
Steelix-Mega @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Haze
- Thousand Arrows
- Recover

Steelix-Mega @ Shed Shell
Impish Nature
- Thousand Waves
- Will-O-Wisp
- Slack Off
- Parting Shot

:Xerneas:
Xerneas @ Pixie Plate
Naive Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Boomburst
- Stealth Rock
- Searing Shot

Xerneas @ Life Orb
Mild Nature
- Shell Smash
- Light of Ruin
- Thousand Arrows
- Freeze-Dry

Xerneas @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Moonblast
- Baton Pass
- Recover

B Rank
Audino-Mega @ Safety Goggles
Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- Soft-Boiled
- Encore
- Parting Shot

Audino-Mega @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Knock Off
- Baton Pass
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock

:Beedrill-Mega:
Beedrill-Mega @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Trick
- Gunk Shot
- Sacred Fire

Beedrill-Mega @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Parental Bond
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Trick
- Sacred Fire
- Poison Jab

Beedrill-Mega @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Sacred Fire
- Fusion Bolt
- Poison Jab

:Garchomp-Mega:
Garchomp-Mega @ Safety Goggles
Jolly Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Shift Gear
- Toxic Spikes
- King's Shield

Garchomp-Mega @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Thousand Arrows
- Shift Gear
- Dark Void

:Venusaur-Mega:
Venusaur-Mega @ Black Sludge
Impish Nature
- Recover
- Haze
- U-turn
- Encore

Venusaur-Mega @ Black Sludge
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Toxic
- Slack Off
- Parting Shot

B- Rank
:Altaria-Mega:
Altaria-Mega @ Pixie Plate
Calm Nature
- Topsy-Turvy
- Heal Order
- Parting Shot
- Judgment

Altaria-Mega @ Shed Shell
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Roost
- Volt Switch

Altaria-Mega @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Topsy-Turvy
- Moonblast
- Volt Switch
- Recover

:Dialga:
Dialga @ Adamant Orb
Modest Nature
- Spacial Rend
- Shell Smash
- Searing Shot
- Flash Cannon

Dialga @ Safety Goggles
Modest Nature
- Shell Smash
- Spore
- Spacial Rend
- Searing Shot

:Hoopa-Unbound:
Hoopa-Unbound @ Safety Goggles
Mild Nature
- Stored Power
- Last Resort
- Spore
- Shell Smash

Hoopa-Unbound @ Safety Goggles
Mild Nature
- Spore
- Stored Power
- Shell Smash
- Hyperspace Fury

Hoopa-Unbound @ Assault Vest
Ability: Insomnia
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Meteor Mash
- Freeze-Dry

:Kyogre-Primal:
Kyogre-Primal @ Flame Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Light of Ruin
- Scald
- Recover

Kyogre-Primal @ Safety Goggles
Modest Nature
- Spore
- Shell Smash
- Steam Eruption
- Moonblast

:Metagross-Mega:
Metagross-Mega @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Gear Grind
- Fusion Bolt
- Play Rough
- Thousand Arrows

Metagross-Mega @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Gear Grind
- Trick
- Thousand Arrows
- Fusion Bolt

:Regirock:
Regirock @ Shed Shell
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Skill Swap
- Stealth Rock
- Diamond Storm

Regirock @ Shed Shell
Impish Nature
- Nuzzle
- Soft-Boiled
- Haze
- Encore

:Tyranitar-Mega:
Tyranitar-Mega @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Close Combat
- Diamond Storm

Tyranitar-Mega @ Safety Goggles
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Diamond Storm
- Poison Jab

Tyranitar-Mega @ Expert Belt
Adamant Nature
- Trick-or-Treat
- Pursuit
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Tyranitar-Mega @ Leftovers
Ability: Insomnia
Careful Nature
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Roost
- Toxic Spikes

C Rank

C+ Rank

:Charizard-Mega-Y:
Charizard-Mega-Y @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
- Oblivion Wing
- Tail Glow
- Blue Flare
- Toxic

Kyurem-White @ Icicle Plate
Ability: Refrigerate
Hasty Nature
- Boomburst
- Extreme Speed
- Blue Flare
- Stealth Rock

:Palkia:
Palkia @ Lustrous Orb
Timid Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Spacial Rend
- Shell Smash
- Dark Void

:Sceptile-Mega:
Sceptile-Mega @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Seed Flare
- Shell Smash
- Spacial Rend
- Spore

Sceptile-Mega @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Spore
- Copycat
- Spacial Rend
- Toxic

:Shedinja:
Shedinja @ Lum Berry
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Def / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Recycle
- Endeavor
- Pain Split
- Magic Coat

C Rank
:Aggron-Mega:
Aggron-Mega @ Safety Goggles
Impish Nature
- Thousand Waves
- Slack Off
- Parting Shot
- Nuzzle

C- Rank
:Ampharos-Mega:
Ampharos @ Ampharosite
Modest Nature
- Shell Smash
- Thunderbolt
- Spacial Rend
- Substitute

:Pikachu:
Pikachu @ Light Ball
Timid Nature
- Fake Out
- Volt Switch
- Perish Song
- Spiky Shield

D Rank
:Gardevoir-Mega:
Gardevoir-Mega @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Psystrike
- Light of Ruin
- Trick
- Volt Switch

Gardevoir-Mega @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Psystrike
- Moonblast
- Trick
- Blue Flare

:Doublade:
Doublade @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Curse
- Volt Switch

:Dusclops:
Dusclops @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD /
Calm Nature
- Spore
- Substitute
- Curse
- Recover

Dusclops @ Eviolite
Relaxed Nature
- Curse
- Recover
- U-turn
- Heal Bell

:Froslass:
Froslass (F) @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Encore
- Substitute
- Curse
- Recover

Froslass (F) @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Spore
- Copycat
- Substitute

:Gourgeist Super:
Gourgeist-Super @ Leftovers
Ability: Primordial Sea
Bold Nature
- Foul Play
- Curse
- Recover
- Scald

Gourgeist-Super @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Spore
- Curse
- Recover
- Baton Pass

:Heracross-Mega:
Heracross-Mega @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Play Rough
- Extreme Speed
- Gastro Acid

:Ho-Oh:
Ho-Oh @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Atk / 56 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Psycho Shift
- Shift Gear
- Flare Blitz
- Recover

Ho-Oh @ Safety Goggles
Adamant Nature
- Forest's Curse
- Dragon Ascent
- Shift Gear
- Stealth Rock

:Regice:
Regice @ Shed Shell
Sassy Nature
- Skill Swap
- Stealth Rock
- Blizzard
- Recover

Regice @ Focus Sash
Sassy Nature
- Magic Coat
- Stealth Rock
- Skill Swap
- Blizzard

Regice @ Leftovers
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Blizzard
- Recover
- Baton Pass

Last edited:

Ransei

Garde Mystik
It's been a little over four months since the release of ORAS Pure Hackmons ladder and I've laddered maybe 60-80ish games of it since. I played mostly during the beginning but mostly stopped for a couple months. I've been laddering it again more recently and couldn't help but to notice a trend of misunderstanding in a mechanic. It's understandable and there hasn't been a post made here to explain how the mechanic works yet. This post will explain it.

:xy/arceus:
Arceus

Most people playing Pure Hackmons know about Arceus and its 18 types. In legal formats, Arceus is able to change its type by using its Mulitype ability and being given a plate dedicated to a particular typing. Each Arceus typing is considerably counted as a different forme. In Pure Hackmons, nearly all Pokemon can use their alternative formes as a base forme in battle. Many of these alternative formes can be used without any repercussions. Because of this, anyone just hopping into Pure Hackmons would do so believing the same goes for Arceus. That is not the case.

:xy/arceus::xy/arceus-fire::xy/arceus-fighting::xy/arceus-water::xy/arceus-flying::xy/arceus-grass::xy/arceus-poison::xy/arceus-electric::xy/arceus-ground::xy/arceus-psychic::xy/arceus-rock::xy/arceus-ice::xy/arceus-bug::xy/arceus-dragon::xy/arceus-ghost::xy/arceus-dark::xy/arceus-steel::xy/arceus-fairy:

Prior to Generation 8, Arceus is unable to change its typing without having Multitype AND its respective plate regardless of what forme it appears as. Arceus will remain Normal-type unless it's given Multitype and a respective plate.

Here are the list of plates:
https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Plate#List_of_Plates

What does this mean?

:xy/arceus-electric:
Arceus-Electric @ Air Balloon
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Shell Smash
- Magic Coat
- Baton Pass

The Arceus set above appears as Arceus-Electric. Despite how it looks, the Arceus set does not carry Multitype or a plate. The Arceus in this set is Normal-type.

:xy/arceus-ghost:
Arceus-Ghost @ Spooky Plate
Timid Nature
- Shell Smash
- Judgment
- Secret Sword
- Spore

This Arceus set appears as Arceus-Ghost. It is carrying a Spooky Plate but it does not carry Multitype. It is carrying Wonder Guard instead. Its Judgment attack is Ghost-type but the Arceus in this set is still Normal-type.

:xy/arceus-fairy:
Arceus-Fairy @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Multitype
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Judgment
- Recover
- Parting Shot

This Arceus set appears as Arceus-Fairy. It carries both Multitype and the respective Pixie Plate. The Arceus in this set is Fairy-type.

Here's an advanced scenario:

:xy/arceus-steel:
Arceus-Steel @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Multitype
Timid Nature
- Shell Smash
- Judgment
- Secret Sword
- Spore

This Arceus appears as Arceus-Steel. It carries Multitype, but it's holding a Spooky Plate. What type is it?!?!? The Arceus in this set is Ghost-type despite appearing as Steel. Whatever type of plate Arceus holds overrides the appearance of its forme. Feel free to use this to your advanage as a fun gimmick. This also works with the Arceus appearing as Normal!

That's everything important you need to know about Arceus when laddering in Generation 6 Pure Hackmons. Hopefully this clears up everyone's confusion regarding Arceus formes prior to Gen 8.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)