Tournament OMFL II - Won by Porygons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Other Metagames Farm League II

With OMPL VIII now underway, it's time for the long awaited second instalment of OMFL. The goal of OMFL is to provide a high level tournament for those players who missed out on getting drafted for OMPL and most of all to have a good time.

The Teams:
Off-Topic Octilleries - managed by DurzaOffTopic
The Snommunists - managed by Kris assisted by berry
Hacking Porygon - managed by Yami assisted by Floss
Debonair Dwebbles - managed by Fissure
Type-Nullards - managed by tzop assisted by Altthiel

The format:
OMFL II will start out with a round robin first stage where each team will get points for their results, 2 for a win and 1 for a tie. The winner of this stage will go straight to the final while teams #2 and #3 will fight it out in a semi-final to see who goes through!
Week 1:
Hacking Porygon vs Debonair Dwebbles
The Snommunists vs Off-Topic Octilleries
(Type: Nullards bye week)

Week 2:
Hacking Porygon vs Type: Nullards
Debonair Dwebbles vs Off-Topic Octilleries
(The Snommunists bye week)

Week 3:
Debonair Dwebbles vs The Snommunists
Off-Topic Octilleries vs Type: Nullards
(Hacking Porygon bye week)

Week 4:
Hacking Porygon vs Off-Topic Octilleries
The Snommunists vs Type: Nullards
(Debonair Dwebbles bye week)

Week 5:
Hacking Porygon vs The Snommunists
Debonair Dwebbles vs Type: Nullards
(Off-Topic Octilleries bye week)

Week 6:
Semi-Finals

Week 7:
Grand Finals

Rounds will start every Monday, time will vary.
Team matchups were randomly generated.

Tiebreaker
In the event of two teams being tied for a spot in the finals based on points and win differential, or a tie in the final round itself, we will have a tiebreaker round(s).

Tiebreaker Rules: The most played meta from usage stats (looks like BH) plus one metagame picked by each manager will give a best-of-three game between the tied teams, ultimately deciding who goes onto finals. The three games must be different formats, i.e. the remaining two games cannot be the same as the most played metagame, and must be from the list above. If both teams choose the same metagame they must both pick again, choosing a different metagame from before, and we'll repeat this as needed. The decision to play Bo3 or Bo1 is still left up to the players' discretion and Bo1 remains by default.

Substitutes
Substitutes are to be used in the case of "extenuating circumstances" which are unavoidable, whether on the first day of the week, or the last. Moreover, they should generally not be used with a tactical purpose of creating confusion in an opponent's team. At the same time, players should be relatively well-aware of who all are available to play in the opponent's camp. If last minute substitutes are being frequently used or abused and the hosts find explanations unsatisfactory, the hosts still reserve the right to veto them.

Trades
If teams wish to conduct a trade, both managers MUST PM willdbeast on the FORUMS to have the trade be official. No trades may occur after the conclusion of week 2. A traded player may only feature in the round after they have been traded.

All usual rules that apply to team tournaments still apply, if you have any doubts on what's acceptable feel free to ask me for specifics. Anything missing is more likely me being forgetful rather than me tacitly saying its okay.

All weekly matchups and information will be posted in this thread and also added to the top of the thread.

May the best team win!

Approved by Ransei et al.

Last edited:
Week 1

The Hacking Porygon (Yami)- [1][5] - The Debonair Dwebbles (Fissure)

SS Almost Any Ability: boyn vs Aloopuriza
SS Balanced Hackmons: LolTrollGame vs Marsopa Trump & Test Rex
SS Camomons: Karl Dude Guy vs MDB
SS Mix and Mega: Nakeeb vs Flaming Deoxys
SS NFE: WMAR vs ayedan
SS STABmons: K3ppr vs Spiderz

The Snommunists (Kris)- [3][3] - The Off-Topic Octilleries (DurzaOffTopic)

SS Almost Any Ability: berry vs aVocado
SS Balanced Hackmons: SolarflareRo vs Ransei
SS Camomons: zioziotrip vs Test Techles
SS Mix and Mega: ToxaNex vs OM
SS NFE: Kaif vs avarice
SS STABmons: Velvet Blood vs martha

Last edited:
Week 2

The Hacking Porygon (Yami) - [5][1] - Type-Nullards (tzop)

SS Almost Any Ability: K3ppr vs Atha
SS Balanced Hackmons: LolTrollGame vs DarkBeserker
SS Camomons: Karl Dude Guy Sub: Ainzcrad vs Altthiel
SS Mix and Mega: Nakeeb vs damflame 3
SS NFE: WMAR vs Not Magmar Fan
SS STABmons: Floss vs Wolfein

Debonair Dwebbles (Fissure) - [5][1] - The Off-Topic Octilleries (DurzaOffTopic)

SS Almost Any Ability: Estarossa vs aVocado
SS Balanced Hackmons: Marsopa Trump & Test Rex vs Ransei
SS Camomons: MDB vs Test Techles
SS Mix and Mega: Cheese5555 vs DerpyBoi
SS NFE: ayedan vs Calucha
SS STABmons: Spiderz vs Poison Adhesive

Last edited:
Week 3

The Off-Topic Octilleries DurzaOffTopic - [2][4] - Type-Nullards tzop

SS Almost Any Ability: aVocado vs Atha
SS Balanced Hackmons: Ransei vs damflame 3
SS Camomons: Test Techles vs Altthiel
SS Mix and Mega: OM vs MorganORNot
SS NFE: Calucha vs Not Magmar Fan
SS STABmons: Poison Adhesive vs Wolfein Sub: Pyroshi02

Debonair Dwebbles Fissure - [4][2] - The Snommunists Kris

SS Almost Any Ability: Estarossa vs berry
SS Balanced Hackmons: Marsopa Trump & Test Rex vs SolarflareRo
SS Camomons: Jadeblade87 vs zioziotrip
SS Mix and Mega: SteeveBrown vs ToxaNex
SS NFE: SaDiSTiCNarwhal vs Kaif
SS STABmons: Spiderz vs Velvet Blood

Last edited:
Week 4

The Hacking Porygon (Yami) - [4][2] - The Off-Topic Octilleries (DurzaOffTopic)

SS Almost Any Ability: K3ppr vs avarice
SS Balanced Hackmons: LolTrollGame vs Ransei
SS Camomons: Karl Dude Guy vs Test Techles
SS Mix and Mega: Nakeeb vs OM
SS NFE: Fylkir Pudin vs Calucha
SS STABmons: Floss vs martha

The Snommunists (Kris) - [5][1] - Type-Nullards (tzop)

SS Almost Any Ability: Expulso vs Atha
SS Balanced Hackmons: Spook vs damflame 3
SS Camomons: zioziotrip vs Altthiel Sub: DarkyLeThugLife
SS Mix and Mega: ToxaNex vs MorganORNot
SS NFE: Kaif vs Not Magmar Fan
SS STABmons: Velvet Blood vs Pyroshi02

Last edited:
Week 5

The Hacking Porygon (Yami) - [3][3] - The Snommunists (Kris)

SS Almost Any Ability: Ainzcrad vs Expulso
SS Balanced Hackmons: LolTrollGame vs Spook
SS Camomons: Karl Dude Guy vs zioziotrip
SS Mix and Mega: Nakeeb vs ToxaNex
SS NFE: WMAR Sub: K3ppr vs Kaif
SS STABmons: Riku Sakuraba vs Velvet Blood

Debonair Dwebbles (Fissure) - [3][3] - Type-Nullards (tzop)

SS Almost Any Ability: Estarossa vs aqh
SS Balanced Hackmons: Marsopa Trump & Test Rex vs DarkBeserker
SS Camomons: Jadeblade87 vs Altthiel
SS Mix and Mega: mc56556 vs damflame 3
SS NFE: SaDiSTiCNarwhal vs 7shoes
SS STABmons: Aloopuriza vs Pyroshi02

Last edited:
PlayerWonLossPlayedWindif
aVocado123-1
martha022-2
avarice022-2
Ransei2240
Poison Adhesive022-2
OM123-1
Test Techles3142
GotCookies0000
DerpyBoi011-1
Calucha123-1
Velvet Blood4153
Drud0000
Kaif4153
berry022-2
Expulso123-1
zioziotrip3251
spook022-2
SolarflareRo033-3
ToxaNex3251
Rock'n Arrow0000
WMAR033-3
Karl Dude Guy2240
K3ppr3360
Nakeeb5164
Floss3033
Ainzcrad4153
LolTrollGame 3360
Riku Sakuraba011-1
Fylkir Pudin1120
I am bu0000
Flaming Deoxys022-2
SaDiSTiCNarwhal1120
Marsopa Trump & Test Rex 5055
Cheese55551011
Aloopuriza2022
Kaitlyn2131
Spiderz2240
ayedan2131
Jadeblade871120
Estarossa2240
SteeveBrown1011
mc56556011-1
Wang of Long0000
Altthiel033-3
MorganOrNot022-2
damflame 33142
Atha123-1
Pyroshi02123-1
Wolfein011-1
DarkyLeThugLife011-1
7shoes1011
DarkBeserker022-2
Not Magmar Fan2131
aqh1011

Last edited:
Week 1

The Hacking Porygon (Yami)- [1][5] - The Debonair Dwebbles (Fissure)

SS Almost Any Ability: boyn vs Aloopuriza
SS Balanced Hackmons: LolTrollGame vs Marsopa Trump & Test Rex
SS Camomons: Karl Dude Guy vs MDB
SS Mix and Mega: Nakeeb vs Flaming Deoxys
SS NFE: WMAR vs ayedan
SS STABmons: K3ppr vs Spiderz

The Snommunists (Kris)- [3][3] - The Off-Topic Octilleries (DurzaOffTopic)

SS Almost Any Ability: berry vs aVocado
SS Balanced Hackmons: SolarflareRo vs Ransei
SS Camomons: zioziotrip vs Test Techles
SS Mix and Mega: ToxaNex vs OM
SS NFE: Kaif vs avarice

~ Deadline ~
06:00 AM GMT on 4th of May, 2020

Last edited:

Chloe

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
NUPL Champion
righto fuckers, this is how its happening

The Hacking Porygon (Yami)- [6][0] - The Debonair Dwebbles (Fissure)
SS Almost Any Ability: boyn vs Aloopuriza - boyn is the only person ik that actually plays oms, hopefully he is good at them
SS Balanced Hackmons: LolTrollGame vs Marsopa Trump & Test Rex - im going to be honest here i dont know whos name is worse, both are bottom tier though im sorry to say but troll man is on my team so ive gotta do it for the boys and or girls
SS Camomons: Karl Dude Guy vs MDB - this mans name is karl dude guy there is no fucking chance that he can lose with a creative name like that, and lets be real his opp only has 3 letters in his name so he just does not have a chance
SS Mix and Mega: Nakeeb vs Flaming Deoxys - i think if your deoxys is on fire you probably have a bit of a problem tbh, you should get that checked out
SS NFE: WMAR vs ayedan - dude i didnt even know there was an NFE tier in oms wtf??? is it fun? anyway everyone knows that the less names you have in your name the better, unless its 3 then its worse trust me im a scientist
SS STABmons: K3ppr vs Spiderz - damn do you really think that kythr can lose? no fucking chance it really is too easy

The Snommunists (Kris)- [1][5] - The Off-Topic Octilleries (DurzaOffTopic)
SS Almost Any Ability: berry vs aVocado - oml the heavyweight matchup against 2 of my favourite fruits, although tbf, avocados are fucking miles above everything else so ez money here
SS Balanced Hackmons: SolarflareRo vs Ransei - ive looked at bh for all of about 35 seconds and it looks like the most untier possible but im sure someone enjoys it, also not sure why the literal om tier leader isnt in the actual ompl but i guess hes trying to farm some wins idk
SS Camomons: zioziotrip vs Test Techles - oh fuck yes this dude has a pun in his name there is no fucking way hes losing
SS Mix and Mega: ToxaNex vs OM - damn this dude is really named om, idk whether that makes him good or not but i actually know who nex is and i do know that he is quite good at mons so like ez money here
SS NFE: Kaif vs avarice - as established many times before avarice was robbed of best name change of 2019, however he will not get robbed of this matchup here
SS STABmons: Velvet Blood vs martha - idk ive heard of martha before

also im backing them to lose but snommunists is a goat name my god

Edit: See Kris’ post
The Hacking Porygon (Yami)- [1][5]- The Debonair Dwebbles (Fissure)
SS Almost Any Ability: boyn vs Aloopuriza - ? I don’t see a French player here so idk who’s going to win
SS Balanced Hackmons: LolTrollGame vs Marsopa Trump & Test Rex - Please remember that Test Rex was actually in OMPL VII while I think LolTrollGame has like SSNLS and that’s it? Idk if he plays ladder either. However, this was back gen 7 and I mean no disrespect to either player, at least I know who they are and it’s going to be a good match.
SS Camomons: Karl Dude Guy vs MDB - MDB is actually going to be involved in something later in this post but he’s a good player I guess so why not
SS Mix and Mega: Nakeeb vs Flaming Deoxys - Coinflip
SS NFE: WMAR vs ayedan - Ayedan isnt… my favorite user but he’s a good player so I’ll bold him here.
SS STABmons: K3ppr vs Spiderz - They’re both good I guess, would’ve not picked one but I coinflipped.

The Snommunists (Kris)- [3][3]- The Off-Topic Octilleries (DurzaOffTopic)
IDK y’all get out of OMs much but remember these? One the source two context three context four the devolution. Idk if this was some sort of independent invention thing but if Kris actually stole his name from these horrible threads that's kind of a yikes. It's fine I guess
SS Almost Any Ability: berry vs aVocado - Good match
SS Balanced Hackmons: SolarflareRo vs Ransei - Highlight match, I’m really excited to watch this one. Bolded Solarflare because the above guy bolded Ransei and I honestly don’t know who’s winning this.
SS Camomons: zioziotrip vs Test Techles - ?
SS Mix and Mega: ToxaNex vs OM - ?? There’s too many people named OM running around but I think this is the MnM one. Idk who toxanex is but I think that’s a me thing rather than him being bad, but I’ll bold OM here.
SS NFE: Kaif vs avarice - Love random 1 word names, and these teams in general have much better names than the ones above. This makes me want to bold both but idt Kaif is an English word so I’m going avarice.
@Whoever posted predicts above me if you go anywhere on this site you should know who Martha is??? Anyway, highlight match bc/ I’ve heard both are pretty good. Going Martha here because I’m less familiar with Velvet Blood, though I’m sure he’s a good user too.

Last edited:

dhelmise

everything is embarrassing
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
I just realized the way I spoke in this post was a bit rude/bitchy, so disclaimer i don’t have anything against these users/teams/decisions to name their teams what they did, and for the most part they’re good people, so make of these what you will.
The Hacking Porygon (Yami)- [1][5]- The Debonair Dwebbles (Fissure)
SS Almost Any Ability: boyn vs Aloopuriza - ? I don’t see a French player here so idk who’s going to win
SS Balanced Hackmons: LolTrollGame vs Marsopa Trump & Test Rex - Please remember that Test Rex was actually in OMPL VII while I think LolTrollGame has like SSNLS and that’s it? Idk if he plays ladder either. However, this was back gen 7 and I mean no disrespect to either player, at least I know who they are and it’s going to be a good match.
SS Camomons: Karl Dude Guy vs MDB - MDB is actually going to be involved in something later in this post but he’s a good player I guess so why not
SS Mix and Mega: Nakeeb vs Flaming Deoxys - Coinflip
SS NFE: WMAR vs ayedan - Ayedan isnt… my favorite user but he’s a good player so I’ll bold him here.
SS STABmons: K3ppr vs Spiderz - They’re both good I guess, would’ve not picked one but I coinflipped.

The Snommunists (Kris)- [3][3]- The Off-Topic Octilleries (DurzaOffTopic)
IDK y’all get out of OMs much but remember these? One the source two context three context four the devolution. Idk if this was some sort of independent invention thing but if Kris actually stole his name from these horrible threads that's kind of a yikes. It's fine I guess
SS Almost Any Ability: berry vs aVocado - Good match
SS Balanced Hackmons: SolarflareRo vs Ransei - Highlight match, I’m really excited to watch this one. Bolded Solarflare because the above guy bolded Ransei and I honestly don’t know who’s winning this.
SS Camomons: zioziotrip vs Test Techles - ?
SS Mix and Mega: ToxaNex vs OM - ?? There’s too many people named OM running around but I think this is the MnM one. Idk who toxanex is but I think that’s a me thing rather than him being bad, but I’ll bold OM here.
SS NFE: Kaif vs avarice - Love random 1 word names, and these teams in general have much better names than the ones above. This makes me want to bold both but idt Kaif is an English word so I’m going avarice.
@Whoever posted predicts above me if you go anywhere on this site you should know who Martha is??? Anyway, highlight match bc/ I’ve heard both are pretty good. Going Martha here because I’m less familiar with Velvet Blood, though I’m sure he’s a good user too.
U act like I read firebot lol . Also snommunists didn’t originate in smogon..... I also drew the snom afd sprite (which is a communist snom) and also doing a quick google search gives NUMEROUS results. It’s Pokémon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)