Tournament OMPL IX - Week 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sectonia

But I set fire to the rain
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus

Art by AmirAlexander
Week 1 | Week 2 | Week 3 | Week 4 | Week 5 | Week 6 | Week 7 | Playoffs | Finals
Information Thread | Roster | Schedule | Standings | Replays | Usage Stats | Records
There are 8 teams this year. Each team has 6 players and at least 2 subs. Managers bought players using the 100k credits in their auction budget. Managers were allowed to purchase themselves at a fixed price of 20k but had to do so before the draft. Teams can win their matchup every week by winning 4 of the 6 matches that their players have to play.​
The tier lineup this year is as follows:​
  1. SS Almost Any Ability
  2. SS Balanced Hackmons
  3. SS Camomons
  4. SS Mix and Mega
  5. SS NFE
  6. SS STABmons
All games will be played on the Pokemon Showdown main server or SmogTours in the most current version of the format corresponding to those listed above. The result between players may be decided in a best-of-one (Bo1) or best-of-three (Bo3) at the discretion of both players involved. If there is no agreement, the match will default to a Bo1.​
Points distributions per round:​
> Win (4-6 or 5-1): 2 points​
> Loss (1-5 or 2-4): 1 point​
> Draw (3-3): 1 point​
In addition, the manner in which the round has been won will also be recorded i.e. the difference between a team's wins and losses in a specific week's round (referred to as "Win Differential").​
Playoffs:​
Each team will play one another for seven weeks. Based on the final standings, the top 4 teams will enter a Playoffs Round to determine the teams appearing in the finals.​

Tiebreaker
In the event of two teams being tied for a spot in the finals based on points and win differential, or a tie in the final round itself, we will have a tiebreaker round(s).​

Tiebreaker Rules: One metagame will be picked by each manager with the higher seed picking second. The third format will be determined at random by the hosts. All three metagames must be unique, so no format can be picked twice.​

Substitutes
Substitutes are to be used in the case of extenuating circumstances, whether on the first day of the week, or the last. At the same time, players should be relatively well-aware of who all are available to play in the opponent's camp. If last-minute substitutes are being frequently used or abused and the hosts find explanations unsatisfactory, the hosts still reserve the right to veto them. In order to further prevent this being the case, teams are only granted a maximum of two substitutes per week. Any substitutions after the second will be vetoed.​

Trades
The hosts have decided to not include trades this year due to reasons outlined in this thread - all roster decisions are final.​

Scheduling
Scheduling should be done on Smogon Profile walls, plain and simple:​
  • If there is no communication on Smogon Profile walls and a game goes undone, it will be considered a "dead game" and will not count towards either team's score.
  • If there is communication on only one user's behalf, the win will go to them. Feel free to call activity in this thread beforehand
  • If there is a very healthy back and forth regarding potential times and one user is a no-show, a manager may take the opportunity to sub out the no-show competitor; if this is not done, the user that showed up responsibly will be awarded the win.
TL;DR: Post on your opponent's Smogon wall, schedule your matches, and be reliable. If you can't play for any reason, let your manager know so they can sub you out ASAP.​
Use these posts as a place to initiate discussion about bo1 or bo3 as well!

Sportsmanship
Exhibitions of unsportsmanlike conduct with regards to the Other Metagame Premier League will be met with an infraction at the discretion of the OMPL host/OM mods. This is unlikely to include interactions within a team's private chat unless there is reason found to make an exception. This rule is meant to protect other users from being publicly flamed/bashed/provoked by another competitor for the duration of and following the tournament.​
All players must complete their matches by the given deadline. Any incomplete matches by that time will be subject to an activity decision (MAKE SURE YOU POST ON YOUR OPPONENT'S WALL); otherwise, they will be decided via !pick publicly in the OM Room. All matches should ideally be done on your most notable alt (the one you registered for OMPL with) to avoid confusion and all match replays must be saved and posted in this thread. The replays will be archived in a separate thread, and will be used to calculate usage stats.​

Substitutions & Lineups
Managers, if you wish to make any substitutions, you must post here tagging both the player you're subbing out, the player you're subbing in, the manager and assistant manager of the opposing team, the substitute's opponent, and all of the hosts (Kris, Think, Sectonia). This is to assure that everyone is in-the-loop and that the OP is updated accordingly to reflect the new match-up.​
Managers, when you send in lineups, please send it in with the tier and Smogon username of each player fully written out for ease of transcription, following these guidelines exactly.​

Matchups

:zeraora: The Zoomer Zeraoras (a loser and Redflix) - [2][4] - The Spinda Wheels (xavgb and Jordy) :spinda:
SS Almost Any Ability - Osake vs Fc
SS Balanced Hackmons - a loser vs xavgb
SS Camomons - Sylveon. vs Sabella
SS Mix and Mega - TectonicDestroyer vs Fardin
SS NFE - King Leo V vs tlenit
SS STABmons - vivalospride vs Plas

:jolteon: The Five-Star Jolteons (Ransei and Racool) - [4][2] - The Temper Tyrantrums (OM and Chazm) :tyrantrum:
SS Almost Any Ability - motherlove vs MZ
SS Balanced Hackmons - Smove_$wag vs XxSevagxX
SS Camomons - Euphonos vs anaconja
SS Mix and Mega - Quantum Tesseract vs Chazm
SS NFE - beauts vs Skysolo
SS STABmons - The Immortal vs Fissure

:roselia: The Rozelias (Catalystic and shiloh) - [0][6] - The Based Boomers (The Number Man and Lasen) :noivern:
SS Almost Any Ability: Bushtush vs The Number Man
SS Balanced Hackmons: PinkDragonTamer vs cityscapes
SS Camomons: K3ppr vs Havens
SS Mix and Mega: Shing'n Streets vs Icemaster
SS NFE: avarice vs kythr
SS STABmons: Shiba vs Betathunder

:wigglytuff: The Wiggly Family (Gman and Dragonillis) - [4][2] - The Fullmetal Alcremists (Andyboy and Jrdn) :alcremie:
SS Almost Any Ability - Atha vs Jrdn
SS Balanced Hackmons - Apathetic Inaction vs MAMP
SS Camomons - Meta vs Siamato
SS Mix and Mega - qways vs Andyboy
SS NFE - ojr vs Monsareeasy
SS STABmons - Pujo vs Hamhamhamhamham

Deadline:
11:59 PM (GMT -4) on July 4th, 2021
Americans, don't get too patriotic and get the games done​

Last edited:

vivalospride

can’t rest in peace cause they diggin me
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
hello sorry I have skipped a few weeks, I am back though B)

:jolteon: The Five-Star Jolteons (Ransei and Racool) - [3.5][2.5] - The Temper Tyrantrums (OM and Chazm) :tyrantrum:
SS Almost Any Ability - motherlove vs MZ - outside of OMs p sure MZ holds more weight but this is OMs and AAA specifically I have a motherlove boner that will never go down he is so handsome and I'd kiss him on the lips w/o a second thought.
SS Balanced Hackmons - Smove_$wag vs XxSevagxX - alright... WHO the FUCK is smoove swag, someone wanna tell me? Isn't BH like the most popular OM??? You'd think the player base would be solidified enough over time to where getting into this pool would be a process and a half but here we are dropping 754893k on pinkdragontamer and buying this smove guy. Anyways, I don't know this xbox gamertag guy either but I remember his name from w1 so badabing.
SS Camomons - Euphonos vs anaconja - gonna bold Clarion bc nobody is as excited to play an OM as Clarion the Wizard is with Camomons. If "Euphonos" said "Andyboy" then this would be a different story.
SS Mix and Mega - Quantum Tesseract vs Chazm - This is quite the mu, I feel like QT's name holds more weight as a player but honestly I haven't consistently watched either of these individuals play in so long that idek. Bolding QT bc he's my AGPL 1 manager and bc I feel like historically he fulfills a similar role to Chazm on these OMPL teams but people take him more seriously? not sure tho that might be headcanon
SS NFE - beauts vs Skysolo - Skysolo is so cool and handsome but beauts liked my post in the SM UU stall thread which means a lot because that is a cause that has cost me several brain cells contributing to. My pre-bias to Skysolo is negated by this fact and I am bolding the vs. sign.
SS STABmons - The Immortal vs Fissure - Kinda blows my mind that TI is doing so well in this tour, makes you think he shoulda given up writing posts that aren't "won gg" fuckin ages ago. Fissure is handsome and my friend and such a kind man but I will bold TI bc elitism.

:roselia: The Rozelias (Catalystic and shiloh) - [1][4] - The Based Boomers (The Number Man and Lasen) :noivern:
SS Almost Any Ability: shiloh vs The Number Man - So I remember when this number guy was a wee lad last year and now he's hot shit it seems. Rozes is my brother and I'd die for him but at the same time I hope he loses bc he went negative in UUPL and I'm jealous of his beard and jeep.
SS Balanced Hackmons: PinkDragonTamer vs cityscapes - honestly bro... this is a rough one to bold someone for. I feel like both users have a very "do not bold me" energy to them. Pinkdragonfucker has Paul George's clutch gene and sl42 has changed his name so many times and fsr decided to stick with cityscapes. This is BH anyways so no matter who wins... the viewers lose no matter what. I'm just gonna cross out this game.
SS Camomons: K3ppr vs Havens - K3ppr reminds me of keppy but if he was like, offbrand. I am also p sure we had K3ppr on our omwc team? I don't remember tbh. I don't think I have anything positive to say abt k3ppr or rly anything at all so I'm just gonna bold Havens bc I recall him being nice.
SS Mix and Mega: Shing'n Streets vs Icemaster - Bolding Icemaster here because I don't see the addition of Kyle Kuzma and Ben Simmons helping his opponent the Shanghai Sharks much here in this mu. Hopefully at least one of you reading this understands this joke, Andyboy pls
SS NFE: avarice vs kythr - yo...................................................... avarice is in this tour...... wtf man. Why was I not alerted of this?? Who is his opponent?
SS STABmons: Shiba vs Betathunder - LMFAO every time I think about my price tag in this tour I remember the fact that SHIBA is literally consistently starting in the same pool as me and I am reminded that nothing makes any sense. He's managed by rozes too which is great. Fuck Shiba he doesn't follow me on Instagram while betathunder does

:wigglytuff: The Wiggly Family (Gman and Dragonillis) - [2][4] - The Fullmetal Alcremists (Andyboy and Jrdn) :alcremie:
SS Almost Any Ability - Atha vs Jrdn - Jrdn is jrdn so I will bold Jrdn although his post above mine reads salt which is never good in pocket monsters. I believe unironically if Atha really does cheese this man he will probably lose, but jrdn is a swell man and player and I'd bet on him vs the whole pool maybe I think.
SS Balanced Hackmons - Apathetic Inaction vs MAMP - Alright, someone's gotta talk to my boy on the left abt his name. I'm unsure of what it means, surely it's not just the literal definition of the words... surely there's something deeper? Maybe the user just thinks these two words are rly cool so he put them together and thought it sounded badass. Either way it's making my head hurt and it gives me Sasuke vibes bc it's mega edgy and I'm just gonna bold MAMP bc he is the man I have always wanted to be.
SS Camomons - Meta vs Siamato - idk who these people are I think they're both name changes that I was prolly notified of but just forgot. Siamoto is on Andypussy's team and that guy doesn't know how to draft for shit so he's prolly gonna lose.
SS Mix and Mega - qways vs Andyboy - EDUJHRNWODBNRG jesus man how is this guy still getting drafted for these tours? Andyboy is surely experiencing severe depression due to the current state of the Philidelphia 76ers, he is also caucasian so this might be his cocaine phase. With this in mind he's probably not up to form (which is already a low bar) and his opponent will mop the floor with him.
SS NFE - ojr vs Monsareeasy - never rly have anything to say about ojr other than the fact that he's not odr which is a L. I ran out of brain cells a long time ago but his opponent's name makes the claim that "mons are easy" and while I don't think that's proper grammar within the context of what he's saying, I will believe them and assume they are a talented individual based on this fact alone.
SS STABmons - Pujo vs Hamhamhamhamham - Idk who the fuck pujo is I'm ngl to you but I kinda fuck w their name.... OK i just hovered over their name and saw that they're viewing the STABmons thread; which I'm gonna assume means they're learning this tier as we speak. With this in mind I am bolding hamx4 bc I feel like this guy is immortal and will never stop learning a new tier in the span of like 3 minutes.

fuck GL Volkner

:wigglytuff: The Wiggly Family (Gman and Dragonillis) - [0] [5] - The Fullmetal Alcremists (Andyboy and Jrdn) :alcremie:
SS Almost Any Ability - Atha vs Jrdn
SS Balanced Hackmons - Apathetic Inaction vs MAMP
SS Camomons - Meta vs Siamato
SS Mix and Mega - qways vs Andyboy
SS NFE - ojr vs Monsareeasy
SS STABmons - Pujo vs Hamhamhamhamham

dead wiggly.png
Sorry Gman :( idt Wiggly is Tuff enough to withstand our team​

Last edited:
Beauts requested me for a nfe predicts this week, and I'll provide it for them.

SS NFE - King Leo V vs Tlenit
Tlenit shouldn't lose to this with the proper prep and better builds provided by 85. However Leo usually performs better in later weeks and it's week 5, so the "V" factor should be activating. Maybe Tlenit will sweep him cleanly with some flinch hax maybe, or Leo will get some important hax and make 85 give a sad react to Leo's post. Both are solid players though so it's not as one-sided. Still, Tlenit is a clear winner to me.

SS NFE - Beauts vs Skysolo
Both can bring unusual mons in the field, but Skysolo is a better player while Beauts hasn't involved themself in the tier recently. So I assume that Skysolo will bring stronger teams(with some support by Marjane I think). No idea how the match will go, but I think it'll be a little spicy just knowing them as players. Skysolo should win, but if Beauts keeps their head with confidence, and doesn't overextend I think they have the chance to make an upset.

SS NFE - Jr vs Monsareeasy(Arctic)
If I would imagine seeing them arguing, it would be like watching Xbox live kids trash-talking each other.
Both of them are solid players, but I would say Arctic is slightly better in NFE atm. Arctic does build something that favors consistency, however, it's a double-edged sword with that you're able to pinpoint the teams he'll bring, something Jr can prepare against. And Jr has shown that he's willing to bring different stuff than the usual so I think Jr will have a better prep than Arctic. I think the match will be pretty close and hype, probably the HL of this week. Still bolding Arctic to win but it can go either way.

Note, my predictions have ended up being wrong based on my prediction record on UMPL, and with my trusted friend Jett saying a monkey has a better chance to predict than me. So if any of the predicted winners lost, don't blame me kthx.

Last edited:

a loser

I'm a loser, baby, so why don't you kill me?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnus
a loser's OMPL BH Review: Week 4
This was an interesting week of BH with some surprisingly quick games that'll likely cut down on the length of my review (in theory). Let's begin!

a loser vs XxSevagxX
Team preview shows that both sides brought offensive looking builds. In reality, either team could be much fatter than they appear though, depending on what roles the Ho-Oh and Eternatus from each side play. It looks like I've got no great switch-ins for Lunala and like sevag might not have great switch-ins for Kartana, so it should be interesting.

Both sides lead with Eternatus, which could lead to a 50/50 with a Speed tie but sevag clicks Final Gambit and removes both Etern's from the game ASAP. My plan was to tank a hit (hopefully) and click Substitute and then Baton Pass, and stick with this plan by sending out Giratina next. Sevag chooses Lunala, but swaps it for Xerneas as he was likely scared of Spectral Thief but I get the sub on on the switch. I pass the baton to Ho-Oh who tanks a LO Boomburst from Xern and use Shift Gear as the opposing Ho-Oh comes in to take its place. We see it is Prankster as it Parting Shots away to bring in Regigigas who takes a chunk from Dragon Ascent. Gigas breaks the sub with LO Extreme Speed and then dies to Desoland V-create, which allows Lunala to come back in safely. Lunala proceeds to stomach a V-create for 97% and double omni-boost with Simple No Retreat, making it very threatening. Here, knowing I have priority in the back, I sack Ho-Oh and bring in Extreme Speed Xerneas to revenge kill it. At this point, sevag's Xerneas is very threatening to my team with my two best Xern answers gone so he sends in his Xern to face mine and starts things off with a Quiver Dance. Had he known that my Xern couldn't really touch his Ho-Oh he might have made a different play, but my Xern gets enough chip with Boomburst and Extreme Speed to cause his Xern to die from LO recoil after taking out mine. Over the next couple turns, I come out on the right side of a Speed tie and a 50/50 and end up winning cause his Ho-Oh can't touch impostered Yveltal.

This was a fun, quick match. But it was one of the quick matches where a small difference in pretty much every turn could have led to very different results. I was fortunate here to come out on top of the momentum battle and ended up in a winning position.

cityscapes vs Onyx Onix 7
Team preview shows that each player has brought mons they are comfortable with, with city rocking Celesteela and Lunala and Onyx having Dusclops and some lvl 99 guys. Two Dialga is kinda weird because no one on the planet uses this mon in public.

Things get started with a Heatran / Imposter lead, showing that Heatran is strangely running RegenVest and city brings in Tapu Fini to take a Nuzzle. I say strangely because I have no clue what RegenVest Heatran does in this meta outside of improof the Xern and likely Eternatus that Onyx is using this battle. Fini reveals Prankster as it pivots out with Parting Shot while DesoLand Ho-Oh comes in for the stat drops. City sends Chansey back in on a hard switch, meaning that it is most likely holding a Shed Shell, and dodges a Sacred Fire. He then switches out to bring in Lunala, maybe to bluff the held item after scouting that Ho-Oh is running Anchor Shot, while Onyx gets a layer of Spikes up. Both players switch around for a bit and Chansey gets paralyzed as it also gets a layer of Spikes up and then city finally gets the slow U-turn he needed to safely bring in Regigigas to activate its Toxic Orb. It took 10 turns to do this because city didn't have a pivot outside of priority Parting Shot, meaning that he couldn't risk sending in Gigas with moves like Nuzzle and Sacred Fire being tossed around. Gigas clicks Facade as a Rocky Helmet Dialga comes in to take 14%, revealing Fur Coat, and pivots out to bring in Xerneas who now faces city's chipped Dialga. Here we have a pairing that Pixi Xern normally dominates, but Dialga is speedy so it moves first and Anchor Shots Xern while taking nothing from Boomburst thanks to Soundproof. So Xern dies the next turn, which is big considering it pressured a majority of city's team, at least on paper. Several turns later, after we see that Dusclops is the Onyx standard Prankster Parting Shot, city brings in Celesteela who uses Nasty Plot followed by Earth Power to heavily dent Heatran. Ho-Oh comes in to force it out though, and city brings in Lunala and over the next several turns he makes some great plays that pave the way to victory. Lunala, now burned and chipped below half its health, refuses to recover but rather uses Nuzzle and Hex to chip Heatran enough to where it dies from Rocky Helmet chip on a U-turn. Now, Onyx's improof to Etern is gone but he brings it in and reveals non-choiced Adapt that KO's Tapu Fini that catches an untimely full para. I'd think that city would send in Chansey here to attempt a 1v1, but instead he sends in Dialga who gives Etern a Choice Scarf and is KO'd by the Black Sludge it received in return. This allows city to bring back in Celesteela, who is probably his best remaining wincon, and he ends up catching Ho-Oh with Toxic on the switch. This is big cause Ho-Oh is now on a timer and can't stall Imposter or reliably check Celesteela. City continues to make great plays with Lunala by basically refusing to heal up when most players would and this keeps the pressure on Onyx's team that is chipped and statused. This results in Onyx being left with one mon that can't do anything so city wins.

I thought that sl42 played extremely well here, which helped him have momentum all game and ultimately win. Onyx's team wasn't bad, but I thought the Heatran was strange and that his Dusclops use was a bit too predictable. I say this because sl42's Lunala, Celesteela, and Dialga all have methods of crippling and/or breaking past the neutral Prankster users that Onyx tends to favor.

PinkDragonTamer vs sugarhigh
From the preview, it looks like PDT brought rain based on Palkia and Kyogre while sugar brought HO and potentially Final Gambit spam with Blissey and Zyg-C in tow. This seems to favor PDT so far, unless the Blissey is actually Imposter.

Gambit is immediately confirmed as sugar uses it back to back with Blissey and Zyg-C to take out PDT's (non Imposter?) Chansey and Kyogre. This leads to Palkia being sent out to face Kyu-W. Likely expecting Swift Swim Dragon Energy, sugar takes out Kyu-W and sends in Dusk Mane but Palkia just uses Shift Gear instead and sweeps with Fishious Rend. This was a bold play from PDT, but kinda makes sense with two Steel-types in the back to check Kyu-W if it went sideways. PDT might have been nervous about missing Draco Meteor to KO Kyu-W, but other than that he won easily.

Rain is a neat choice from PDT and I think a good one considering his opponent. Sugar's team looks fun from preview, but the lack of priority from either a Prankster or Triage seems like a bad choice for offense. Maybe he was running Belly Drum spam or something, but even so some Speed control outside of Unburden or Triage would be needed.

xavgb vs Quantum Tesseract
At preview, we see that QT changed things up by not bringing Imposter but instead brings triple Dragon, double Steel, and double Ghost. This could be some prep for Zac-C, which stresh has brought every week and also brings for this battle alongside some fatmons and Regigigas. Spectrier stands out here, making its OMPL debut, but it doesn't look great for it at preview.

QT leads Reshiram, which stresh's Chansey imposters and reveals as Scarf Regen with STABs, pivot, and Trick. This confirms that QT was definitely expecting to face Zac-C but I think leading with the Zac-C lure was a mistake. Resh pivots on Chansey to bring in Scales Zyg-C that tanks Dragon Energy and QT doubles out to bring in Zacian-C. This turn is weird to me, cause it leads me to believe that Chansey might be Scarf and gambled the Speed tie and this is backed up a bit by stresh not clicking Dragon Energy again on Zyg-C. Anyway, Zacian-C clicks Grav Apple in front of stresh's Tapu Fini but stresh brings in what looks like FC Giratina who stays in to take a big chunk from Sunsteel. Tina returns the favor though, critting Zac-C while stealing its boost with Spectral Thief. QT goes for the KO here, but stresh smartly switches out to bring in Imposter that is tickled by Sunsteel. While scouting Zac-C, stresh says sapple on accident which was funny, and maybe the highlight of the game for the spectators. QT sends Zac-C back in to face Tapu Fini and stresh boldy stays in, knowing it can at least survive anything that doesn't crit, and ends up forcing out Zac-C after its Strength Sap gets an Encore. This gives stresh an opportunity to pivot in Regigigas and activate its Toxic Orb. At this point, QT's team is in great shape and stresh has two mons with a lot of chip, but at least is getting free healing by bringing Chansey in on Reshiram. Stresh brings in his Zac-C who gets a layer of Spikes up on the Reshiram switch, who ends up missing a Blue Flare on stresh's Lugia that comes in. Lugia clicks Boomburst, revealing an odd choice in Aerilate, and both make some switches that end up giving stresh's Giratina a chance to recover. A couple Court Changes later, QT decides to Trick away Resh's Scarf and we find out that Chansey is Eviolite. To me, this seems like a weird time to do this as Scarf Imposter is still annoying and maybe moreso than Eviolite. Soon after this, we are treated to 69 (haha) turns of classic BH PP stall as Zyg-C is forced to stuggle and opens up a chance for stresh to set more Spikes with Zac-C. It does get a layer up and QT brings in Spectrier off a Volt Switch who uses Nasty Plot and then reveals Prankster as it puts Tapu Fini to sleep before it can move. Stresh sacks Lugia as we see the full set of Moongeist Beam with Boomburst coverage. QT is able to sack his PP-less Zyg-C to impostered horse and brings in Prankster Haze Giratina as stresh brings in Gigas. Gigas starts phazing QT's guys with Dragon Tail until Zac-C gets brought in, which is actually good for QT considering that Chansey is now holding a Scarf. Zac-C ends up taking out Chansey with V-create but this lets stresh safely bring in his own Zac-C that takes out QT's with Anchor Shot. This leads to an important 50/50, because stresh doesn't have any legitamate switch-ins to Reshiram currently but QT is pressured to click Blue Flare just in case stresh doesn't transform with Zac-C. QT does go with Blue Flare as Zac-C transforms to take minimal chip and proceeds to win the Speed tie that severely weakens Resh's damage output. This leads to a Tina vs Tina matchup that stresh comes out on top of thanks to a well-timed Speed tie win after some good rolls. Now, QT doesn't have great options to check Zac-C and can't put it to sleep thanks to the Sleep Clause, and it ends up winning the game.

This battle is a great example of how you could go out of your way in prepping for Zac-C and still lose to it. Two-thirds of QT's team had methods of getting past Zac-C and each of these mons fell to a Zac-C in some fashion.

Metagame Observations
It is hard to imagine making observations about a metagame that is now drastically changed, but one thing I know for sure is that the high Xern usage last week will stay high now that Zac-C is gone. Etern also saw higher usage this week and this will also be high for the remainder of OMPL. Offense was very prevalent this week and led to faster games, but I'm not sure if this will hold up just yet with the potential of Zac-C being gentleman'd out of the week. I also want to mention that Rocky Helmet has been seeing lots of use lately and is putting in some real solid work.

Upcoming Matches
a loser vs xavgb - honestly who the F is stresh fart and where does he get these teams that win every single time and how come I've never seen him play a single gen8bh ladder game??? Wish me luck.

Smove_$wag vs XxSevagxX - Onyx picking up his third loss in a row QT playing MnM leads to TTTech taking the reigns. His ice cold mixtape is pretty solid ngl, but honestly I hope he and Onyx QT can build something new and cool cause they're going to need it to be ready for sevag.

PinkDragonTamer vs cityscapes - most of us have seen what PDT is capable if you give him even an ounce of momentum, and this should make you nervous. However, city has a big edge here as long as he brings his A game.

Apathetic Inaction vs MAMP - this should be an interesting game. Not sure what to expect from MAMP here, but one can only hope that MAMP shows up this time, reignites their passion for BH and starts dominating us again, and posts a video review of their game to show off the amazing voice. Might be some wishful thinking here though.

Edit: Looks like I got TTTech's team wrong so disregard what I said about him building with Onyx

Last edited:

Ren

i swore lips were made for lies
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
This week is the week where the person who'd release the hottest album given a year gets bolded. Enjoy!

The Zoomer Zeraoras (a loser and Redflix) - [3][3] - The Spinda Wheels (xavgb and Jordy)
SS Almost Any Ability - Osake vs Fc - I feel like Fc knows how to make good music despite knowing next to nothing about the dude, he just seems like the kind of guy who's already a rapper IRL.
SS Balanced Hackmons - a loser vs xavgb - So I have no clue what stresh's music taste is like, but I do know what loser's tastes are. He listens to Taylor Swift and that's definitely an indicator of fine taste right there. I'd expect loser to be able to make an album that sticks for months, while stresh wouldn't be able to even finish making an album because he'd be so caught up in trying to create a mathematically perfect song
SS Camomons - Sylveon. vs Sabella - I don't know what Sabella's taste is like, while geerat has some pretty diverse music taste. I'm sure that in the year he was given, he'd be able to find something that'd absolutely blow other albums that year out of the water. Dude would probably win a Grammy.
SS Mix and Mega - TectonicDestroyer vs Fardin - Tect's music taste seems to be obscure anime so really Fardin wouldn't be able to lose this
SS NFE - King Leo V vs tlenit - Tlenit seems like a guy who'd release a country album which, don't get me wrong, I enjoy, but people love ripping on country and I just don't see his album going that far. Leo'll probably do better here.
SS STABmons - vivalospride vs Plas - I was gonna bold Viv here but honestly Plas seems like he knows a ton about music too, and Viv seems like the type of guy who'd listen more rather than actually write. Plas also puts a lot of effort into the stuff he does while Viv might get bored of the process super quickly.

The Five-Star Jolteons (Ransei and Racool) - [5][1] - The Temper Tyrantrums (OM and Chazm)
SS Almost Any Ability - motherlove vs MZ - I feel like MZ's probably written a top album already and he just hasn't told us? mlove would be tough competition, though.
SS Balanced Hackmons - Smove_$wag vs XxSevagxX - both of these usernames make me think that they wouldn't make it past the first song, but Smove's named his Pokemon ice cold mixtape and that just makes me think he believes he could put out better music than anyone on this planet which I support.
SS Camomons - Euphonos vs anaconja - Euph's entire thing is music. There's no way he's losing this to conja, although I think it'd be close.
SS Mix and Mega - Quantum Tesseract vs Chazm - QT has heard songs from every single anime out there and anime that isn't obscure can actually have pretty good music, so I'd expect him to be able to draw on that strength.
SS NFE - beauts vs Skysolo - This is less because I think beauts would make the better album and more that I think strap's album would be just him playing the kazoo in 11 different ways
SS STABmons - The Immortal vs Fissure - I know nearly nothing about TI but I feel like if given a year he'd release like 6 albums and 5 of those would top charts. Fissure is also too quiet to release an album I feel, he'd be more of a critic

The Rozelias (Catalystic and shiloh) - [5][1] - The Based Boomers (The Number Man and Lasen)
SS Almost Any Ability: shiloh vs The Number Man - rozes has incredible music taste and, similar to MZ, I wouldn't be surprised if he already released an album that made waves and just didn't tell us.
SS Balanced Hackmons: PinkDragonTamer vs cityscapes - This'd be tough because I think both of these people would put out great music. I guess PDT has diverse tastes while I don't know much about what SL's tastes are, so I'm sure PDT could put out an insane album.
SS Camomons: K3ppr vs Havens - I don't know either of these users' music tastes that well, coinflip.
SS Mix and Mega: Shing'n Streets vs Icemaster - Icemaster probably would give Shing a hard time, but Shing's name gives me the vibe that he's already a budding musical artist. I believe in him. Btw Shing'n Streets if you have a SoundCloud this is your chance to link it
SS NFE: avarice vs kythr - I don't know much about either of these users but kythr is called queenthr apparently and fans of any female artist call said artist a queen so they already have that down?
SS STABmons: Shiba vs Betathunder - beta would get fired after showing up to the recording studio high

The Wiggly Family (Gman and Dragonillis) - [2][4] - The Fullmetal Alcremists (Andyboy and Jrdn)
SS Almost Any Ability - Atha vs Jrdn - Jordan likes Bon Iver and one of my favorite artists wrote a song named Bon Iver which absolutely slaps, which is proof you can make incredible music about other artists.
SS Balanced Hackmons - Apathetic Inaction vs MAMP - the other guy's name is basically "I don't care, I won't do anything" so Mamp takes this I guess..?
SS Camomons - Meta vs Siamato - Some French music slaps tbh
SS Mix and Mega - qways vs Andyboy - I feel like Andy would model his songs after Phineas and Ferb songs, and everyone loves Phineas and Ferb so there's no way I see him losing this. I also don't know anything about Qways so I could be wrong!
SS NFE - ojr vs Monsareeasy - Ok I'm gonna be straight Monsareeasy won't be able to release an album because he can't find the staff to help him. OJR would probably release a killer album, but I also feel like he'd get cancelled by BTS Twitter within a few months of releasing his album, but when your competition can't even participate there isn't much debate about who'll win!
SS STABmons - Pujo vs Hamhamhamhamham - Again, French music kind of slaps

Sorry this was late I was RIDICULOUSLY busy yesterday!!

Schedule W5 vs The Fullmetal Alcremists (all GMT=0)

SS Almost Any Ability : Atha vs Jrdn : Saturday 8 PM
SS Balanced Hackmons : Apathetic Inaction vs MAMP : Monday 3 AM
SS Camomons : Meta vs Siamato : Sunday 3-4 PM
SS Mix and Mega : qways vs Andyboy : Saturday 8 PM
SS NFE : ojr vs Monsareeasy : when ojr is ready
SS STABmons : Pujo vs Hamhamhamhamham : Saturday 9 PM

I'll edit this message if I can be more precise about the schedule.

Good luck to the other teams. wigposay.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)