An Unnerfed Talonflame
Art by Kiwi
If you wish to play in the Other Metagames Premier League, you must sign up in this thread. The Other Metagames Premier League is a 9-week event at minimum and has the potential to stretch on a bit further depending on tiebreak situations. Only sign up if you can be active for the majority of this time, as a high level of activity is expected. This includes several things, such as communicating with your team and getting your games done, as well as maintaining a competitive attitude even after your team has already been eliminated. It is in your own best interest to show off your best side. For general guidelines on what to do and what not to do, refer to Luigi's guidelines here.
A reminder of rulings that hold true for this year, and some new ones:
- Managers will be allowed to purchase themselves and/or their assistant manager as players for their team for a fixed price of 20k.
- There are no retains.
- Each team must draft a minimum of 12 players (8 players + 4 subs) using 120k credits.
- Trades may not occur.
- Tourbanned users may not participate.
- There will be a severe penalty for any team that picks up a known alt of a banned player, or any player masquerading as another person to lower their cost in the auction. This has not been a big issue in the past, but it is important to establish that both parties will be penalized immediately and harshly if they are found doing so.
- In the event that a player displays excessively unsportsmanlike behavior or breaks any of the PS Global Rules or Smogon-wide posting rules (including in team discords), the hosts will investigate on a case-by-case basis. In the event that a player must be ejected from a team for their behavior, managers will be allowed to pick one player from the undrafted pool at no cost.
- The winning team will be able to receive a team custom avatar, courtesy of Zarel!
WHEN SIGNING UP, PLEASE FOLLOW THE FORMAT EXACTLY. DO NOT POST ANY MEME SIGNUPS/TIERS.
- Use these abbreviations (yes, you have to capitalize them the same way):
- Almost Any Ability = AAA
- Balanced Hackmons = BH
- Mix and Mega = MnM
- STABmons = STAB
- Godly Gift = GG
- NFE = NFE
- 2v2 Doubles = 2v2
- Anything Goes = AG
- All metas = All
- Don't want to start = Support (list the metas you wish to support)
- If you want to sign up for multiple metas, type out the abbreviated version of each meta (e.g. AAA / STAB / GG, NOT Almost Any Ability / STABmons / Godly Gift)
- Include the slashes if you intend to sign up for multiple tiers.
The tiers for this year are Almost Any Ability, Balanced Hackmons, Godly Gift, Mix and Mega, NFE, STABmons, (Best of 5) 2v2 Doubles, and Anything Goes.PS name: Your Mom
Preferred metas: AAA / BH / MnM
Timezone: GMT -6
Foreseeable Inactivity: N/A
If you are interested in playing, be aware that any team may buy you, and you are expected to play for any one of them. Only list tiers in your signup that you are willing to play. While these aren't binding, it will affect how the managers will see you, and you are expected to play them if necessary. If you would not consider seriously playing a tier in a tournament, do not list it. Do not make dumb joke posts about playing tiers you don't care for.
You are generally expected to participate in your team's Discord. While we understand that activity levels may vary, this is the core portion of OMPL and what makes it fun. Your team's Discord server is where your team will hang out, discuss strategies, and just have fun without worrying about the game. This is where teams come together (or fall apart), and it is likely the most integral part of the entire tournament.
Teams (w/ links to Discord):
Wiggly Family - managed by Dragonillis and Osake
Larping Lopunnys - managed by adem and DerpyBoi
Spinda Wheels - managed by xavgb and in the hills
Malding Mavericks - managed by Morgan and IBM
Temper Tyrantrums - managed by drampa's grandpa and OM
Honey Linoones - managed by aesf and Catalystic
Hammered Hawluchas - managed by astralydia and Dr. Phd. BJ
Uh Oh Kommo-os - managed by XxSevagxX and willdbeast
Signups will be open until Friday, April 1st at 10:00 PM GMT-4. Have a great season, everyone!
Last edited by a moderator: