Tournament OMPL X - Player Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

UT

The sand hurts my feelings
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Appeals + C&C Lead

Art by Kiwi

If you wish to play in the Other Metagames Premier League, you must sign up in this thread. The Other Metagames Premier League is a 9-week event at minimum and has the potential to stretch on a bit further depending on tiebreak situations. Only sign up if you can be active for the majority of this time, as a high level of activity is expected. This includes several things, such as communicating with your team and getting your games done, as well as maintaining a competitive attitude even after your team has already been eliminated. It is in your own best interest to show off your best side. For general guidelines on what to do and what not to do, refer to Luigi's guidelines here.

A reminder of rulings that hold true for this year, and some new ones:
  1. Managers will be allowed to purchase themselves and/or their assistant manager as players for their team for a fixed price of 20k.
  2. There are no retains.
  3. Each team must draft a minimum of 12 players (8 players + 4 subs) using 120k credits.
  4. Trades may not occur.
  5. Tourbanned users may not participate.
  6. There will be a severe penalty for any team that picks up a known alt of a banned player, or any player masquerading as another person to lower their cost in the auction. This has not been a big issue in the past, but it is important to establish that both parties will be penalized immediately and harshly if they are found doing so.
  7. In the event that a player displays excessively unsportsmanlike behavior or breaks any of the PS Global Rules or Smogon-wide posting rules (including in team discords), the hosts will investigate on a case-by-case basis. In the event that a player must be ejected from a team for their behavior, managers will be allowed to pick one player from the undrafted pool at no cost.
  8. The winning team will be able to receive a team custom avatar, courtesy of Zarel!
If you wish to sign up, please use the following format:
WHEN SIGNING UP, PLEASE FOLLOW THE FORMAT EXACTLY. DO NOT POST ANY MEME SIGNUPS/TIERS.
  • Use these abbreviations (yes, you have to capitalize them the same way):
    • Almost Any Ability = AAA
    • Balanced Hackmons = BH
    • Mix and Mega = MnM
    • STABmons = STAB
    • Godly Gift = GG
    • NFE = NFE
    • 2v2 Doubles = 2v2
    • Anything Goes = AG
    • All metas = All
    • Don't want to start = Support (list the metas you wish to support)
  • If you want to sign up for multiple metas, type out the abbreviated version of each meta (e.g. AAA / STAB / GG, NOT Almost Any Ability / STABmons / Godly Gift)
  • Include the slashes if you intend to sign up for multiple tiers.
Example post:
PS name: Your Mom
Preferred metas: AAA / BH / MnM
Timezone: GMT -6
Foreseeable Inactivity: N/A
The tiers for this year are Almost Any Ability, Balanced Hackmons, Godly Gift, Mix and Mega, NFE, STABmons, (Best of 5) 2v2 Doubles, and Anything Goes.

If you are interested in playing, be aware that any team may buy you, and you are expected to play for any one of them. Only list tiers in your signup that you are willing to play. While these aren't binding, it will affect how the managers will see you, and you are expected to play them if necessary. If you would not consider seriously playing a tier in a tournament, do not list it. Do not make dumb joke posts about playing tiers you don't care for.

You are generally expected to participate in your team's Discord. While we understand that activity levels may vary, this is the core portion of OMPL and what makes it fun. Your team's Discord server is where your team will hang out, discuss strategies, and just have fun without worrying about the game. This is where teams come together (or fall apart), and it is likely the most integral part of the entire tournament.

Teams (w/ links to Discord):

:Wigglytuff: Wiggly Family - managed by Dragonillis and Osake
:Lopunny: Larping Lopunnys - managed by adem and DerpyBoi
:Spinda: Spinda Wheels - managed by xavgb and in the hills
:Ponyta: Malding Mavericks - managed by Morgan and IBM
:Tyrantrum: Temper Tyrantrums - managed by drampa's grandpa and OM
:Linoone: Honey Linoones - managed by aesf and Catalystic
:Hawlucha: Hammered Hawluchas - managed by astralydia and Dr. Phd. BJ
:Kommo-o: Uh Oh Kommo-os - managed by XxSevagxX and willdbeast

Signups will be open until Friday, April 1st at 10:00 PM GMT-4. Have a great season, everyone!

Last edited by a moderator:

Ren

i swore lips were made for lies
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
PS name: Ren
Preferred metas: AAA / MnM / AG / STAB / GG / NFE
Timezone: GMT -6
Foreseeable Inactivity: Busy but will get games done

Please PM me before nominating me so we can talk tiers/what I need from the team :)

Sylveon.

Penny saved is still a fucking penny
PS name: geerat
Preferred metas: AAA / STAB / GG
Timezone: GMT +5:30
Foreseeable Inactivity: N/A (might be unavailable for a week in between due to having to relocate)

Last edited by a moderator:
PS name: longhiep341, chomper here
Preferred metas: Support (GG, AAA, STAB, MnM, might try to help with others as well if needed)
Timezone: GMT +7
Foreseeable Inactivity: Quite busy, so prefer not to play unless really necessary

I will provide heat builds. Each week I'll use !pick and build a team around whatever I get unless the mon is absolutely unusable. "How can your opponent know what you are doing if you don't know what you are doing?" - A scholar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)