One Piece (spoilers!)

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
While I’m not sure exactly how long Wano will last, Oda said himself that Wano was in it’s final stretch. That most likely means this is the last act.
I'm not sure I necessarily agree with that!! Wano is following traditional Japanese plays pretty closely, where there are five acts. Act 3 usually ends with a tragedy and act 4 is the climax. Surprised Act 3 didn't end with the end of Oden's flashback, but guess we'll see.

Legitimate Username

galeforcing into top tier
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
"act 3 will end with the death of oden in his flashback!"
"act 3 will end with luffy discovering the defeated scabbards!"
"act 3 will just...end at some point?"

gee i wonder what big tragedy could possibly take place at this point that could make for a fitting climax of the wano story

i know that it's not a hot take to go around the internet parroting morj's predictions but i wholeheartedly believe that wano will prove to be super boring if that whole theory doesn't end up taking place and i am all for this story turning into the most exciting and chaotic mess it can

While I’m not sure exactly how long Wano will last, Oda said himself that Wano was in it’s final stretch. That most likely means this is the last act.
Yeah I don't buy the theories about there being a 4th Act; the arc can just end in the current Act, hopefully later in the year since Oda also said that Shanks would make his move this year. While I normally don't take his words at face value since he's bad at giving estimates, I can't imagine that the climax of this arc will continue into 2022. I do worry that some of the fights will be mostly off-paneled, though.

I hope Wano ends around Summer 2021 with about 120 chapters, kind of similar to how it started in Summer 2018. Either way, I hope we find out which four to five remaining arcs we're getting soon. If so, the only five arc locations I can think of existing after Wano are Elbaf, (possibly) Pirate Island, Mary Geoise, Lodestar Island, and Laugh Tale. Am I missing any?

Ununhexium

sons of a battlecry
is a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon
So I love one piece but I can’t help but think that it would be so much more fun if the straw hats wore the outfits they have in the openings all the time

brightobject

relearning learning
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
prediction:

the clouds gathering is a sign that Dragon and the Revolutionary Army / some segment of it are on their way to intervene. The way they are shown far in the distance makes it unlikely to me that it's something being engineered by Big Mom or Kaido, and it would pay off the CP0 randomly being in Wano as well (a shadow war happening underneath as the rookies and yonkos clash on top). It's not the wildest theory ever, but I will still be pretty hyped if it ends up coming true since I haven't seen anyone else talking about it.

These fights have been really hype but I do wish they were paced just a bit slower. Which is paradoxical bc its great to have all these moments one after another as a weekly reader, but I wish certain characters got a bit more time to shine. Like Kidd versus Big Mom, or even Zoro's Asura move could have used a lot more buildup / release. Also whether or not Orochi is really dead now it's really stupid the way Oda has treated his character and Kanjuro's. Really little to no dramatic tension at this point and Orochi's transformation was wasted spectacularly lol, feels like Oda forgot he didnt kill him properly and brought him back just to get pwned again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)