Sticky Orange Islands SQSA Thread

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Since this seems to be the most relevant Q & A forum I can find here so far, and because I plan on getting active again, would it be okay if I posed a few miscellaneous Pokemon related questions here? I just need answers to...uh, refresh my brain, if you will. Haven't been here in over 2 months, if I can recall. Sorry for bothering you and thanks in advance.

1. There are all kind of ideas I have for various forums here, many of which result from me being a 100% casual only Pokémon player. (Minus Pokémon Showdown lol) Who or what could I contact to tell my ideas, because if I remember, making your own discussion forums has rules, and I wanna be a rule follower. I know, this a weird question.

2. If I wanted to get more involved/more active in this little community of yours, or just fit in in general (yes that is proper grammar), how would you recommend doing that? I ask because OI seems to be one of the few groups of people that would share my enthusiasm for casual Pokémon playing.

3. This is sort of related to #1 but not exactly. Many of the discussion topics I've had an interest in all have forums here already, but most of them are in what I'd like to call dead forums. I guess what I'm trying to ask is if there's any rules on starting up a new discussion for something that already has a discussion going, but still isn't active.
1. This thread has a list of rules for creating threads and contacting moderators (if necessary). Read through that and you should be good to go.

2. Discord is a great way to become more familiar with the culture of a forum and its regular users.

3. See #1.

---

In general, I think you are a little confused about some terminology.
Forum = Major category / grouping of threads (examples: Orange Islands, Firebot, etc.)
Thread = Individual discussion of a topic (example: Orange Islands SQSA Thread)

bdt2002

Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs superfan
is a Pre-Contributor
1. This thread has a list of rules for creating threads and contacting moderators (if necessary). Read through that and you should be good to go.

2. Discord is a great way to become more familiar with the culture of a forum and its regular users.

3. See #1.

---

In general, I think you are a little confused about some terminology.
Forum = Major category / grouping of threads (examples: Orange Islands, Firebot, etc.)
Thread = Individual discussion of a topic (example: Orange Islands SQSA Thread)
Forum, thread...now that makes more sense. My apologies, I just haven't been here in a long time. Thanks to you all for your answers by the way! (^_^)

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
3. This is sort of related to #1 but not exactly. Many of the discussion topics I've had an interest in all have forums here already, but most of them are in what I'd like to call dead forums. I guess what I'm trying to ask is if there's any rules on starting up a new discussion for something that already has a discussion going, but still isn't active.
While you may still want to ask a forum mod to be sure, at the same time if you have something significant to contribute to the dead thread I don't see the problem reviving it if there's no other thread that has essentially replaced it.

bdt2002

Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs superfan
is a Pre-Contributor
While you may still want to ask a forum mod to be sure, at the same time if you have something significant to contribute to the dead thread I don't see the problem reviving it if there's no other thread that has essentially replaced it.
I know. I'm talking dead as in like "if it wasn't for me this thread might actually go over a year without a single post" dead.

Does anyone know the lowest possible level a Pokemon can have max Stat Exp at in gen 2, without using any kind of glitches?

Or if not, is it at least possible for any Pokemon to have maximum Stat Exp by level 20 (say by grinding out Rattatas or something with Exp Share)?

I can do the math for this if I need to but maybe someone has already checked.
The lowest possible obtainable level and the lowest possible level for stat EXP are basically the same in Gen 2. The daycare resets EXP to next level if you're in between levels, so you can slowly grind out Stat EXP and keep resetting your level progress by depositing and withdrawing immediately.

The lowest possible obtainable level and the lowest possible level for stat EXP are basically the same in Gen 2. The daycare resets EXP to next level if you're in between levels, so you can slowly grind out Stat EXP and keep resetting your level progress by depositing and withdrawing immediately.
Interesting, I was not aware of this mechanic at all. I guess that means the Level 10 Battle Tower trainers in Crystal with max Stat Exp are actually legitimate.

Jerry the great

Banned deucer.
So I have a question. What level is the highest level your Pokemon from trades will obey you with no Gym Badges in most Pokemon Main series games?

So I have a question. What level is the highest level your Pokemon will obey you with no Gym Badges in most Pokemon Main series games?
10 prior to generation VI and in ORAS; 20 in XY and Generation VII (no data on LGPE. I think it's like the other Kanto games.)

Note that this is only for traded Pokemon. Ones you catch yourself always obey you.

Hey guys, I wasn't sure where to post this, but I just came from an article describing the need to contract the pokerus virus to level up EVs. I was trying to find someone who had it, to give it to my pokemon. I have soul silver. Really appreciate the help, sorry for my noobiness!

Ransei

Garde Mystik
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Hey guys, I wasn't sure where to post this, but I just came from an article describing the need to contract the pokerus virus to level up EVs. I was trying to find someone who had it, to give it to my pokemon. I have soul silver. Really appreciate the help, sorry for my noobiness!
I don't think you can get it from someone else in Pokemon Soul Silver without finding someone to play with locally, near your area.

hey if you're still there i have one more question. once i cap my EVs on my pokemon, am i able to just kill anything without it throwing off the EV numbers? thanks

hey if you're still there i have one more question. once i cap my EVs on my pokemon, am i able to just kill anything without it throwing off the EV numbers? thanks
Mostly. Keep in mind that while the cap for any one stat is 255, only 252 EV's will be of any benefit. But once you've earned the EV's, you'd have to use Pomeg, Kelpsy, Qualot, Hondew, Grepa, and/or Tamato berries to reduce EV's in a given stat if you want to make corrections.

Pokerus isn't needed to earn EV's, it just doubles all EV's earned for that Pokemon. (though to be fair that does make earning EV's far less of a slog in combination with the Power items)

Also, you don't need to worry about EV's or IV's in-game unless you're assembling a team to tackle the Battle Frontier.

Anyone know where the fossils spawn in Cerulean Cave and how often? I know they spawn at the big blue crystal but do they spawn in other spots? Also is it per day or per X amount of steps? I've read various answers online but none seem to have a definite answer for this.

hey guys i wasn't sure exactly where to post this, but i have pokemon black 2 and was trying to find someone that i would be able to trade some items with. looking to find someone to trade for black sludge and the toxic tm. not sure if you can do this. thanks!

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
hey guys i wasn't sure exactly where to post this, but i have pokemon black 2 and was trying to find someone that i would be able to trade some items with. looking to find someone to trade for black sludge and the toxic tm. not sure if you can do this. thanks!
Trading the Toxic TM is not possible because TMs stopped being holdable items when they became reusable in Black 1/White 1. As for Black Sludge, I hate to be the barer of bad news, but online DS features have been shut down, so if you want to trade Black Slude, you're going to find someone local if you can. Sorry...

For the future, the Wi-Fi section's simple questions and requests thread is where this kind of question should go.

Anyone know where the fossils spawn in Cerulean Cave and how often? I know they spawn at the big blue crystal but do they spawn in other spots? Also is it per day or per X amount of steps? I've read various answers online but none seem to have a definite answer for this.
I am assuming you were talking of Let's Go? In that case, as far as I know fossils can spawn in several of the "light spots" of the upper floor, not simply the middle one. The reset is a few hours (doesn't seem fixed) but most of the time it'll be berryes or balls. If you're lucky you can get either one of the 3 fossils or a Master Ball.
You can just do a lap every couple hours and click every spot, or just click the one in the middle if you're lazy.

In Gen 6, is the Friend Safari the only way to get Gale Wings Talonflame? I could swear there was some other method, but I can't seem to find it now.

In Gen 6, is the Friend Safari the only way to get Gale Wings Talonflame? I could swear there was some other method, but I can't seem to find it now.
That's correct. The entire Fletchling line is only available in X and Y, and obtaining a Fletchinder from the Friend Safari is the only way to get the Gale Wings ability. (in gen 6 anyway)

NEED HELP! I AM DESPERATE!

My old New 3ds broke. So today I bought new. I have most of my games (including my pokemon) on sd card. So I took my old SD card with games, popped it into the new system and started. It asked me for a few questions (time, date,...). When I was done, there was no game on home screen. All my games gone! So I put the sd card out and into pc. There I copied the Nintendo 3ds folder. Next I tried to copy it back. Put the card back into the console, nothing.
I did an SD card swap before and it worked fine (tough it was on the same system, just changed the sd card for one with more space). I still had that old folder, so I copied it instead the current one. Again, didn´t work. So I wanted to copy the current one back. It told me I don´t have enough space on my SD card. What??? I then deleted the New 3ds folder from SD card and tried again. And again, it said that I don´t have space! Are all my games lost? I had most of my events there. Is there any way I can rescue those games?
For clarification, I have two "Nintendo 3ds" folders in my pc. One is the old one when I changed the sd card for new one. It is the one that is on my sd card now.
The second one is from the sd card just after the change of consoles. When I try to put in on sd card, it says I don´t have enough space.

Have you tried formatting the SD card before copying the files? There might be residual or corrupted data occupying space.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)