Sticky Orange Islands SQSA Thread

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Don't know if it's okay to ask here, but I need help with my in-game Ultra Sun team. I'm having trouble deciding my last party member.
My team is:
Decidueye
Persian-Alola
Toucannon
Gastrodon
Sandslash-Alola

I used a team builder for type coverage and now I'm stuck on who else to put for the team. Any suggestions? (Before anyone asks, the Alolan Persian is a main-stay because she was a fluke shiny I caught in the wild during Melemele early game, so I don't feel right in replacing her.)
Not sure if this is the right thread but I'll give some suggestions:

Salazzle is annoying to get but is pretty fun to use if you're into super offensive Pokemon.
Magnezone has average speed but you can't argue with its bulk and Special Attack power... just keep it away from Ground-types.
Mimikyu may be gimmicky but it's a pretty good gimmick. Just remember that Solgaleo & Lunala's Signature Moves bypass Abilities.

Don't know if it's okay to ask here, but I need help with my in-game Ultra Sun team. I'm having trouble deciding my last party member.
My team is:
Decidueye
Persian-Alola
Toucannon
Gastrodon
Sandslash-Alola

I used a team builder for type coverage and now I'm stuck on who else to put for the team. Any suggestions? (Before anyone asks, the Alolan Persian is a main-stay because she was a fluke shiny I caught in the wild during Melemele early game, so I don't feel right in replacing her.)
Get a female Salandit (you can use a male Pokemon with Cute Charm to make it easier). I think Archeops is better than Toucannon who is very slow but whatever.

I'm looking to pick up a used copy of the original Pokémon Ranger. I have never played a Ranger game before. Once I have access to one, is there any way to tell if the Manaphy egg has been obtained on that game? I've read that the egg can only be obtained once, regardless of whether or not you reset the save file, so I'd hate to buy a game and play through it only to find myself out of luck.

Keep in mind that the save file may or may not have been reset since the playthrough for the egg.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
I'm looking to pick up a used copy of the original Pokémon Ranger. I have never played a Ranger game before. Once I have access to one, is there any way to tell if the Manaphy egg has been obtained on that game? I've read that the egg can only be obtained once, regardless of whether or not you reset the save file, so I'd hate to buy a game and play through it only to find myself out of luck.

Keep in mind that the save file may or may not have been reset since the playthrough for the egg.
Check to see if Ranger Net has already been unlocked. If you have the Ranger Net option (an option which only appears if you completed the game and entered certain button prompts), it's highly likely the Manaphy Egg has been redeemed. But other then that there's no way to know.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
depending on the context it's either Team Rocket (which I have used and have seen used elsewhere) or Technical Record (which I see everywhere because no one wantst o type out Technical Record every time)
I once saw a joke post praising the wonders of SD Shiftry back in the Gen III days. "SD on Shiftry is a little niche, but it can make excellent use of it!", it said without further clarification. Shiftry could learn both Sunny Day, Swords Dance and Selfdestruct. Giving it the Soul Dew to hold does nothing, however.

Come to think of it, With Mew you could probably do the same, but add Sky Drop and Smack Down to the list too. So you could have Mew@SD, with the moves SD/SD/SD/SD, but unfortunately have to forego SD due to four move slot syndrome. Save it to an SD card for extra lulz.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
I once saw a joke post praising the wonders of SD Shiftry back in the Gen III days. "SD on Shiftry is a little niche, but it can make excellent use of it!", it said without further clarification. Shiftry could learn both Sunny Day, Swords Dance and Selfdestruct. Giving it the Soul Dew to hold does nothing, however.
Shock Drive also does nothing for it. :P

Has anyone received their ranking and reward for the April Online Competition yet? Supposedly there was an error that let Sword get the reward but not Shield:

Edit @ 08:05; At present the gift seems to be getting given on Sword but not Shield. It's possible Sword got released early and Shield has to wait for the Rankings
(from Serebii)

Empress

Don't waffle or you'll get pancaked
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Here's a DPPt question: Are Valor Cavern and Acuity Cavern considered "caves" (for the purpose of a Dusk Ball's increased catch rate)?

Somebody I found had an idea regarding farming Pearl Strings in Café Woof in XY. The questions about this are:
  • Does the normal form count regerding keeping it in a specific form for 15 days?
  • How does the 15 days waiting interact with changing the 3DS clock? If the time is changed to make natural day progression faster, (like setting the time to 11:55 PM) does that work?

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Somebody I found had an idea regarding farming Pearl Strings in Café Woof in XY. The questions about this are:
  • Does the normal form count regerding keeping it in a specific form for 15 days?
  • How does the 15 days waiting interact with changing the 3DS clock? If the time is changed to make natural day progression faster, (like setting the time to 11:55 PM) does that work?
Usually, if the game has sense the clock has been messed with, any daily activities become unavailable if you haven't done them yet, treating it like you did do them.

The best tip for making money in XY I found is this:
  1. Pre-setup: This may sound strange, but try getting in over 4k steps before doing anything. Reason is because you'll be wanting to use O-Power and O-Power energy regenerate faster depending on how many steps you took today. The regeneration rate max out at 4x after having walked 4k steps. Since an O-Power energy regenerates after 4 minutes, this means you'll regenerate an O-Power energy every minute.
  2. First Step: battle through the Battle Chateau, have a Pokemon holding an Amulet Coin/Luck Incense and use the Prize Money O-Power (also if you have a Pokemon with Happy Hour use that too). If you have another 3DS and another copy of X or Y use that game to give the game you're playing the O-Power as it would give you more opportunities to use the O-Power.
  3. Second Step: After clearing the Chateau, head to Restaurant Le Wow in Lumiose City. Figure out the best team to achieve the turn limits and upon getting a perfect meal you'll be given 25 Balm Mushrooms. While it costs 100k to enter, if you get the perfect meal you can sell all the Balm Mushrooms for a profit of 56,250 (Balm Mushrooms sell for 6,250. Times 25 equals 156,250, Minus 100k entry fee leaves 56,250). This is the best restaurant to make money in. Note: Don't worry about getting as much money from the trainers, your goal is to beat them within the turn limit. Equip another item if you think it'll help, don't bother using Happy Hour unless you need to burn a turn, and only use the O-Power if you have max energy.
  4. Third Step & Repeat: After battling in Restaurant Le Wow for 30 minutes all the trainers in the Battle Chateau should be ready to be challenged again.

I already asked in wi-fi, but I'll ask here too since I'm not sure which of these two to ask in.

How does Pokemon Home sort GTS offers? Me and a friend were looking to trade, and our scheules didn't align, so we tried the GTS. I went to search for their offer and didn't find it. I wanted to know how these offers are sorted so that we could do this trade.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
I already asked in wi-fi, but I'll ask here too since I'm not sure which of these two to ask in.

How does Pokemon Home sort GTS offers? Me and a friend were looking to trade, and our scheules didn't align, so we tried the GTS. I went to search for their offer and didn't find it. I wanted to know how these offers are sorted so that we could do this trade.
What was the time difference between your friend putting the trade up and you looking for it?

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Around 10-15 minutes.
Another question: Whenever you do a search does the same results keep coming up in the same order as you last time you searched?

If Yes: It's probably earliest to latest and your friend's trade is stuck in the back of the line.
If No:
  1. Thought One: Could just be random pulling up trades.
  2. Thought Two: Could be a combination of the two. It pulls up random trades with a heavy lean on earlier made ones.

Bulbapedia says that in Gen VIII, the rate of encountering a shiny Pokemon increases depending on the number of times a Pokemon has been encountered.

Does this mean the number of times I enter a wild battle against any Pokemon, or do I have to KO the specific Pokemon I'm hunting for the rate to increase?

I ask because the Pokedex tracks how many of a single Pokemon you battle but I believe it only tracks KOs rather than straight-up encounters.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Bulbapedia says that in Gen VIII, the rate of encountering a shiny Pokemon increases depending on the number of times a Pokemon has been encountered.

Does this mean the number of times I enter a wild battle against any Pokemon, or do I have to KO the specific Pokemon I'm hunting for the rate to increase?

I ask because the Pokedex tracks how many of a single Pokemon you battle but I believe it only tracks KOs rather than straight-up encounters.
Yes, you must either knock out or catch the Pokemon in order for it to count.

I have a question about Home, which I could tecnically verify on my own but it's a hassle and I'm sure someone already tried.

Situation: I have NSO and Home yearly sub payed on my Switch account.

Say I make a second account in order to have a new separated save to replay without needing to reset.
If I try to access pokemon Home from this account, would I
1) be able to actually use it
2) would it show the Home of my original account, or a separated Home account that doesn't have a sub active?
2bis) in case it shows a separated account, is there a way to access GTS from this account from a phone, so I could engineer to try and trade this or that pokemon to myself via specific trades?

I have a question about Home, which I could tecnically verify on my own but it's a hassle and I'm sure someone already tried.

Situation: I have NSO and Home yearly sub payed on my Switch account.

Say I make a second account in order to have a new separated save to replay without needing to reset.
If I try to access pokemon Home from this account, would I
1) be able to actually use it
2) would it show the Home of my original account, or a separated Home account that doesn't have a sub active?
2bis) in case it shows a separated account, is there a way to access GTS from this account from a phone, so I could engineer to try and trade this or that pokemon to myself via specific trades?
1) Yes
2) It allows you to select which account you want to use Home with when you load Home up, rather than before starting it up like most games.

1) Yes
2) It allows you to select which account you want to use Home with when you load Home up, rather than before starting it up like most games.
So is this process I thought of possible?

- Load Home
- Move my second Pokemon saves onto my *main* Home account
- Retrieve the Pokemon I just deposited and move them into my primary Pokemon save

So is this process I thought of possible?

- Load Home
- Move my second Pokemon saves onto my *main* Home account
- Retrieve the Pokemon I just deposited and move them into my primary Pokemon save
There's no logging into switch accounts with Home, but remove those steps and you've more or less got it right.

There's no logging into switch accounts with Home, but remove those steps and you've more or less got it right.
That's neat to know, thanks.

I do wonder if DLCs will be "account-linked" when it comes to SwSh though, as in, my "main" Switch account will result owning them, while my "secondary" one won't.

Not a big deal but mostly a curiosity... Will find out in few days I suppose.

That's neat to know, thanks.

I do wonder if DLCs will be "account-linked" when it comes to SwSh though, as in, my "main" Switch account will result owning them, while my "secondary" one won't.

Not a big deal but mostly a curiosity... Will find out in few days I suppose.
Going by the example of every other Switch game with DLC so far, all accounts should have any DLC you've bought for the game.

Been having issues with Trevenant's Harvest ability not activating when expected so thought I'd better check my understanding of the triggering of the ability.

This is what's happening - Bestow is used, Harvest hasn't yet been skill swapped as I want to retain the berry on Trev and it's been more than 3 turns with no activation. I also have manual sun set before Bestow is used so Harvest should be 100%.

If a Harvest Trevenant uses Bestow to transfer a Leppa berry to the first pokemon in an SOS chain, should Harvest then activate on the Trev or is berry consumption the only trigger?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)