ORAS General Discussion - Mark 2 - Spoilers Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have to talk to some people round Hoenn who want bikes, while riding your bike. The last person is postgame, though.
Advertise the acro bike to a bird traner above the waterfall near the weather institute, theb advertise thw mach bike to the hex maniac on route 111(Desert)and finally advertise either bike to a triathalete at the battle resort....then talk to mr.Rydel

I was going to buy the game today (OR, since AS is coming from Play-Asia), but my cat fell ill on Saturday, and I've already spent 3 times the game's price with her internation and medicine. =(

I started my game at 8;30 PM on friday, and I like played for 2 hours on friday, 11 hours on saturday, and 9 hours on sunday approximately. So I finished off by landing in Ever Grande City and gonna continue more long runs coming weekend.

One thing, did anybody notice that those annoying rocks in the water look like they used old graphics for them. Also, is it true that if you ride a sharpedo in water, it shows the sprite and it goes faster

I started my game at 8;30 PM on friday, and I like played for 2 hours on friday, 11 hours on saturday, and 9 hours on sunday approximately. So I finished off by landing in Ever Grande City and gonna continue more long runs coming weekend.

One thing, did anybody notice that those annoying rocks in the water look like they used old graphics for them. Also, is it true that if you ride a sharpedo in water, it shows the sprite and it goes faster
It's true, Sharpedo has a unique sprite when surfing and goes twice as fast when surfing above or below the water. Wailmer and Kyogre also have unique surfing sprites, with the latter being huge when underwater, but they don't have any other special treatment, apparently.

Alright. If I knock out Groudon, will I be able to battle it again after I beat the Elite Four? I'm currently SR for it right now, and the cutscenes plus the in-game team is really making it difficult. Thanks!

Now that I've had a couple of days of playing and soaking in all of the story, gamefreak did an incredible job with these remakes. As I have been working today, thinking back to all of the things that they crammed into this game, specifically the amount of legendaries you can catch, I wonder if this means the next iteration of 3DS games in the near future will not consist of any remakes. They have re-made Kanto, Johto, and now Hoenn. The latest being ORAS allows us to catch every legend (XY included). I wonder if every game from here on out will simply be a new region with its own new legendaries to catch?
It's likely. I find that we get the ability to catch everything in the National Dex (discounting event legends) when ever an obstacle appears in communicating with older games:
Gen III: Unable to connect to Gen I or II. Between RSE, FRLG, and the two GameCube games, the National Dex is complete.
Gen IV: The DSi is released and it has no GBA slot, making it difficult for future players to get Pokémon off Gen III games. DPP and HGSS combined have all National Dex Pokémon.
Gen V: If you can play a Gen V game, you can play a Gen IV game, so Poké Transfer is fine.
Gen VI: The only way to send Pokémon to a Gen VI game from Gen V is through Poké Transporter. If support ever goes away, Gen III-V will be cut off from future games. Between XY and ORAS, you can complete the National Dex.

lats

formerly lockiegengar12
I think that Secret Bases are the most pleasantly surprising new feature for in-game runs. I know people will use them to farm Blissey for XP but going through the storyline, I'm enjoying going into random people's Secret Bases, seeing what kinds of teams they are running, and having more of a challenge than the typical NPC pubstomps.

I don't know how I get them....PSS/BuzzNav, right?
I believe it adds those who you communicate with via trades (Global link, possibly W/T).

I love this game, the story upgrade was great and the MUSIC. Oh god the music.

But I am super, super mad they didn't put in the Battle Frontier. Seriously? We get the Maison again? With literally zero changes?

Laaaaame.

OK, so I promised myself I wouldn't do this, but I guess I guess I"m insane.

Hunt for shiny Mega Rayquaza begins now. Any guesses on SR's? Anyway, wish me luck, goodbye world....

Oh also, just wondering, will there be an in-game tier list for ORAS, and if so, when will the thread be started?

Last edited:

Hunt for shiny Mega Rayquaza begins now. Any guesses on SR's? Anyway, wish me luck, goodbye world....

Oh also, just wondering, will there be an in-game tier list for ORAS, and if so, when will ithe thread be started?
You're absolutely nuts, but I'll wish you all the luck in the world anyway. As for the in-game tier list, I'm also curious about it, and especially if we'll consider stuff available through the Dexnav search.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
tfw Lucy makes a cameo in the Battle Maison

Go to the upper floor of the Battle Maison and you'll see a man in a suit talking about how he's already scouted out the Pike Queen for the soon to be Battle Frontier. go further and you'll find a delinquent girl less than 50 steps away from him who talks about how you're so strong you make her Seviper shiver in fear.

Not sure if anyone else noted this easter egg before, but it's a nice touch to say the least

Last edited:
I would imagine that the Poochyena would since it is a fixed encounter. Cosplay Pikachu is not bad if you have Light Ball (which is found near Lillycove).

Oh also, just wondering, will there be an in-game tier list for ORAS, and if so, when will the thread be started?
Pretty sure rayquaza is shiny locked...they didn't remove it from all the Legends

It's likely. I find that we get the ability to catch everything in the National Dex (discounting event legends) when ever an obstacle appears in communicating with older games:
Gen III: Unable to connect to Gen I or II. Between RSE, FRLG, and the two GameCube games, the National Dex is complete.
Gen IV: The DSi is released and it has no GBA slot, making it difficult for future players to get Pokémon off Gen III games. DPP and HGSS combined have all National Dex Pokémon.
Gen V: If you can play a Gen V game, you can play a Gen IV game, so Poké Transfer is fine.
Gen VI: The only way to send Pokémon to a Gen VI game from Gen V is through Poké Transporter. If support ever goes away, Gen III-V will be cut off from future games. Between XY and ORAS, you can complete the National Dex.
I've actually been following this interesting trend for a while, so let me also elaborate a bit:
- You don't need the Gamecube games to complete the Gen III National Dex, as Emerald's expanded Safari Zone and Artisan Cave filled in all the holes. On the other hand, you don't need Emerald at all to complete the NatDex, if you have Colosseum. Of note is that from Ruby to Platinum, you didn't need either Lugia or Ho-oh to get the NatDex diploma, essentially stating that they were considered event legendaries and that Colo/XD were considered side games (like how Mew is obtainable in Ranch and Manaphy is obtainable in Ranger 1).
- Yep, the DSi is exactly why HG/SS filled in all the Hoenn legendaries, all the Kanto/Hoenn starters, and several dual-slot exclusive Pokemon in the Safari Zone. Nintendo hardly wants to require an outdated product to catch 'em all. (No idea why they duplicated the 3 legendary Kanto birds though.)
- Interestingly, it wasn't until all the way in B2/W2 that D/P were finally dropped from being required to complete the NatDex. Previously, Glameow and Stunky were exclusive to them. B2/W2 also added the Regis so you didn't need the event Regigigas to catch them in Platinum anymore.
- Looks like you're spot-on with being able to complete the whole Gen VI NatDex between only XY and ORAS; can't find any holes yet.

If i want to go for certain IVs.. can I rebattle legends later in the game...or only save and reset at certain points in the game when I first encounter?

Is there a post etc for it

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
New patch is on the eShop, I didn't see it in the regular menu but you can access it via eShop menu > Settings/Other > Updates.

I'm not gonna invest the time to read the 26 pages since the games came out so sorry if this is a repeat topic. But just made the coolest discovery.

Talk to Lanette (Hoenn's PC storage system designer) in her house (on route 114) and she'll give you a Lotad Doll (ok cool) BUT if you are thorough enough to takl to her again she'll question you about the efficiency of using her storage system and ask if she can improve it. say yes and she'll rearrange the menu so that "Organize Box" is the first option.

YOU GUYS! IT FINALLY HAPPENED!!!!

NO MORE SCROLLING PAST "DEPOSIT" AND "WITHDRAW"!!!!!!

Caught a 30-31/30-31/30-31/24-26/30-31/30 Timid Latias but I dumped it because:
1. 30 Speed IV
2. That high of an Attack IV is too much for confusion/Foul Plah damage

Did I make a mistake tossing it?

I have been trying for an hour to get the destiny knot from the couple on New Mauville, Is there any concrete way to get it, I've beaten the delta episode, and gotten all the keys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)