Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aragorn the King

Literally a duck
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Could there feasibly be another tier between RU and NU right now?

(When) will Smogon introduce a new tier? Are there strict criteria for tier creation, or was it a quick decision to introduce RU simply in response to the large number of Pokemon introduced in Black and White?
I'm confused about what you mean. A tier between RU + NU wouldn't exactly work out, because the only place for Pokemon with low usage in RU to go is NU. PU is a tier that has been talked about being implemented, which is basically the NU of NU. But support hasn't been high enough to make it official. I think RU was created because of a) the large about of new mons, and b) popular support, two things that are currently lacked for PU, at least to my understanding.

Lumari

empty spaces
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnus
TFP Leader
I'm confused about what you mean. A tier between RU + NU wouldn't exactly work out, because the only place for Pokemon with low usage in RU to go is NU. PU is a tier that has been talked about being implemented, which is basically the NU of NU. But support hasn't been high enough to make it official. I think RU was created because of a) the large about of new mons, and b) popular support, two things that are currently lacked for PU, at least to my understanding.
Completely unimportant and probably weird question, but what does PU stand for?

I heard it was "Poorly Used" or "Pathetically Used" or "PU you stink"

What the hell does "Partially Used" even mean? Like, can I just use Lucario's arm or something? Is the game over if I get every part of Regigigas in my hand?

What outclasses Swampert? I want to use it for Stealth Rock and to stop Heatran, steels and Talonflame. I would go Quagsire or Gas but they don't get SR

What outclasses Swampert? I want to use it for Stealth Rock and to stop Heatran, steels and Talonflame. I would go Quagsire or Gas but they don't get SR
Nothing straight off outclasses it, the reason for it being UU is bc it have flaws that prevent it from doing its job continuously, its lack of reliable recovery prevents it from checking talonflame more than a couple of times... so yeah, nothing ^^

pj

is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
World Defender
I agree

Swampert is good with setter and has good offensive moves it outclasses every other water and ground types with mega swampert coming with swift swim it shall be great in water team having increase stats in attack

I agree

Swampert is good with setter and has good offensive moves it outclasses every other water and ground types with mega swampert coming with swift swim it shall be great in water team having increase stats in attack
its not gonna have 20 base speed at max with its mega >:]

Reactions: pj
As I have attempted to learn more about HO and building teams for it I found mostly old and often conflicting articles and forum posts from people about what to do and not to do.

What I would like to know, from people much more seasoned and current than I, what is the current state of HO? What are some good mons to use? Are there certain core or leads that do particularly well? What are things we should know about current gen HO tactics and team building? What advice or tips would u give a new HO player?

As I have attempted to learn more about HO and building teams for it I found mostly old and often conflicting articles and forum posts from people about what to do and not to do.

What I would like to know, from people much more seasoned and current than I, what is the current state of HO? What are some good mons to use? Are there certain core or leads that do particularly well? What are things we should know about current gen HO tactics and team building? What advice or tips would u give a new HO player?
you could check out the RMT forum, theres a lot of great teams, many of them HO ^^ i really think thats the best way of learning it

What's the interaction between choice items and knock off? If I were to switch a specs pokemon into a knock off, does the mon keep the spa boost?

Lumari

empty spaces
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnus
TFP Leader
What's the interaction between choice items and knock off? If I were to switch a specs pokemon into a knock off, does the mon keep the spa boost?
No, he won't, and he'll also be able to switch moves again.
It's the same as knocking off leftovers, which will cause a pokemon to lose the passive recovery; if an item is knocked off, its effect doesn't apply anymore.

No, he won't, and he'll also be able to switch moves again.
It's the same as knocking off leftovers, which will cause a pokemon to lose the passive recovery; if an item is knocked off, its effect doesn't apply anymore.
However, using trick with choice items allows you to retain the boost and switch moves. I'm pretty sure that choice items are treated differently compared to something like lefties.

Lumari

empty spaces
TFP Leader
However, using trick with choice items allows you to retain the boost and switch moves. I'm pretty sure that choice items are treated differently compared to something like lefties.
No, they aren't, if you trick away your specs you lose the power boost. Would be nice if you kept it :p It isn't as visible in battle as losing lefties, but if you lose your specs in any way whatsoever, you lose its effect as well.

i keep getting told to go to this forum or that forum.. ok thanks man.
this is the forum: https://www.smogon.com/forums/forums/xy-ou-teams.261/
and some nice offensive and hyper offensive teams:
this team is build around mpinsir, also featuring a sand offence core: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...the-ladder-u-fgts.3507315/page-2#post-5633622

this one is around mega zard Y, used by valentine in SPL: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/force-of-nature-an-in-depth-guide-to-zard-y.3501476/

this one is a hyper offensive team bý jirachee, this team i believe is properly the easiest to use for a not as experienced player (sorry if i assume wrong here) bc of no choiced pokes, as well as no crippling sr weakness: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/jiraite.3512328/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)