Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
wat
that doesn't make sense. i synced my game to www.pokemon-gl.com, like it said i should, just yesterday. i uploaded my pokemiles and took a look at club pokemiles and their prizes, and also checked my medal count.
are we thinking of the same thing, or...?
I thought he was talking about the Dream World thing, oops. That *is* removed, right?

I was hoping someone had a good idea of what the highest speed stat you usually find in lv 50 battles. I won't say what pokemon and movesets I'm thinking of, but what is the general highest speed stat? Would 130 speed be enough to surpass a large majority of pokemon in lv 50 battles?
A base 130 speed pokemon would, at level 50 with 0 speed IV's and 0 speed EV's and a neutral speed nature, have 130 speed.

Any base 115 speed pokemon with perfect speed IV will match your speed.
So any base 83 speed pokemon with a neutral nature and full EV/IV investment matches you in speed.
Any base 75 speed pokemon with a helpful nature and full EV/IV investment just barely outspeeds you.

So a large portion of attackers can outspeed your 130 speed 'mon. You will be surpassing bulky attackers which invest in HP or defense over speed/walls, but you will not be outspeeding a whole lot else. If you run up against choice scarf 'mons then you'll be in trouble too.

Unless you're asking if 130 base speed is high? In which case yes, that is high.

I thought he was talking about the Dream World thing, oops. That *is* removed, right?
ohhhh. you know what, that's possible...
you can't add a game card, and i don't think you can send a poke to sleep, but you can still wake 'em up and take pokes away from it. that's probably what it was, haha.
yeah, it won't ever be "online" again in the regard that you can send a poke back to sleep. super dumb, but not much you can do about it.

Does anyone know what Nature Power turns into in WiFi battles? Is it still Earthquake, or is it TriAttack now? And is Nature Power affected by weather this gen?

Hi all,

Can anyone remind me of the precise effect of using the Exp Share on EVs? I know it shares some; is it half, the same as the experience?

Thanks.

As a follow up to my last question about breeding for specific HP-types, did adding Fairy type muck up the formula? Or is it roughly the same values that can be found at http://www.smogon.com/ingame/guides/breeding_guide_part4#fire?
I've found that at least for Ghost, the old formula seemed to hold

Hi all,

Can anyone remind me of the precise effect of using the Exp Share on EVs? I know it shares some; is it half, the same as the experience?

Thanks.
The Pokemon gets the full share of EVs, doubled if it has Pokerus. If it's holding a power item, it also gains bonus EVs.

Hello all.

In any of your opinion, is Snatch at all worth anything? Basically, it lets you steal any status move the opponent uses (i.e. stat boost, healing, etc.) and has priority. I feel as if thought it's a bit too gimmicky in actual competitive play, but in a more lenient setting I think it might have some use.

Has there been a change in the breeding mechanics in the breeding mechanics of the game, specifically the use of everstones to pass on natures? I just bred 13 out of 13 pokemon with the same nature (Naive) as the everstone holder. If it's 100% passing now, then that's great!

Has there been a change in the breeding mechanics in the breeding mechanics of the game, specifically the use of everstones to pass on natures? I just bred 13 out of 13 pokemon with the same nature (Naive) as the everstone holder. If it's 100% passing now, then that's great!
Yes, having a Pokemon hold an Everstone gives it a 100% chance to pass on its Nature. I can confirm this for myself. Also, according to Serebii, the father now also has a small chance of passing on the Hidden Ability, but only if breeding with another Pokemon in its family, or a Ditto. However, I cannot confirm this totally for myself as I've yet to see it.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Hi, I have a quick question, where can I get my IV bred, EV trained Pokemon to level 100 with as little painful grinding as possible?

It's a real shame that they made IV breeding and EV training drastically easier, but there seems ot be no simple solution for level grinding. A level 50 Audino horder would've been nice...
Restaurant Le Wow's Triple Battles let you battle five consecutive opponents maxing out in the mid 60s. It's 100,000p to get in, but the money from the battles and the Balm Mushrooms you receive at the end more than make up for the money you paid (you can get <20 Balm Mushrooms and sell them for a LOT). I suggest using your Experience and Bargain O-powers before entering.

(I miss Audino too...)
Are the IVs for the starter that Shauna gives you set? My first (No SRs at all) Fennekin from her had the spread 24/24/24/31/24/24, and it seems like this can't be a coincidence.
The Jolly Froakie that I got from that trade had a perfect Speed IV and was said to be "above average", so I assume it's not set in stone.

After hearing rumours that tipping 1000 dollars to someone will increase your chances of encountering a shiny, and getting word from someone firsthand that they encountered (but was fated not to catch) a shiny Zapdos, after tipping 1000 to several people, I was curious as to if anyone else can confirm that they've had similar experiences, so I don't go around wasting my fat stacks on random NPCs. If this is not the case of the purpose of tipping, can anyone enlighten me as to what that purpose might be?

Hi all,

Thanks.
I heard that it distributes them equally, which seems a bit /out there/, and has led me to believe that the exp. share is better left off, unless you're grinding for the sake of Pokedex entries.

I've found that at least for Ghost, the old formula seemed to hold

The Pokemon gets the full share of EVs, doubled if it has Pokerus. If it's holding a power item, it also gains bonus EVs.
So, further to this, I can grind hordes to EV train a pokemon, by having the Exp. Share turned on, and not need to have that pokemon battle to get the full share?

A base 130 speed pokemon would, at level 50 with 0 speed IV's and 0 speed EV's and a neutral speed nature, have 130 speed.

Any base 115 speed pokemon with perfect speed IV will match your speed.
So any base 83 speed pokemon with a neutral nature and full EV/IV investment matches you in speed.
Any base 75 speed pokemon with a helpful nature and full EV/IV investment just barely outspeeds you.

So a large portion of attackers can outspeed your 130 speed 'mon. You will be surpassing bulky attackers which invest in HP or defense over speed/walls, but you will not be outspeeding a whole lot else. If you run up against choice scarf 'mons then you'll be in trouble too.

Unless you're asking if 130 base speed is high? In which case yes, that is high.

Ah, I should have elaborated further. I have a base speed 91 with Timid, I think 188 EVs would push it to 130. It has 0 speed IVs which completely sucks but I can't be bothered with finding another Timid and it has 30 IV in a few useful stats so that's enough for me.

Just wondering whether its worth investing further EVs to put it higher. The pokemon I'm thinking off are good, but they can't take good hits so they benefit highly from being faster. According to a stat calculator 252 speed EVs would put it at 140 speed.

Last edited:
Ah, I should have elaborated further. I have a base speed 91 with Timid, I think 188 EVs would push it to 130. It has 0 speed IVs which completely sucks but I can't be bothered with finding another Timid and it has 30 IV in a few useful stats so that's enough for me.

Just wondering whether its worth investing further EVs to put it higher. The pokemon I'm thinking off are good, but they can't take good hits so they benefit highly from being faster. According to a stat calculator 252 speed EVs would put it at 140 speed.
It won't be outspeeding everything, that's for sure. It will outspeed quite a bit of 'mons, but anything ~100 base speed with speed/EV investments in the battle mansion will outspeed you, which is quite a few attackers. Base 91 speed isn't exactly blazing fast either.

Actually, it's 135 speed, you add 5 to the final result in all stats except HP, where you add 10.
Sorry, thank you for correcting me!

Yes, having a Pokemon hold an Everstone gives it a 100% chance to pass on its Nature. I can confirm this for myself. Also, according to Serebii, the father now also has a small chance of passing on the Hidden Ability, but only if breeding with another Pokemon in its family, or a Ditto. However, I cannot confirm this totally for myself as I've yet to see it.
I've done this with several pokemon and can confirm. Both with the event-torchic that can only be male, and a magician braixen which was also male, bred with dittos and produced children with Hidden Abilities.
I've yet to test it with 'mons of the same egg group, so I don't know if it's limited to dittos/same species, or any breedable 'mons, but I know it definitely works for the former.
Also it's worth mentioning B2W2 had a 100% to pass down the same nature with an everstone, so this mechanic has existed since then.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Master Balls can be won through the Lotto ID. That said, you don't really need the Master Ball - the roaming legendary bird settles down before you can catch it.

Master Balls can be won through the Lotto ID. That said, you don't really need the Master Ball - the roaming legendary bird settles down before you can catch it.
I wouldn't say you'd never need the Master Ball, though... There are such things as wild Shiny Graveler with Explosion, and the like, after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)