Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So here's a scenario,

I send out Banette; opponent sends out Smeargle.
Bannete mega evolves and used Taunt but Smeargle used Sticky Web first.

How is that possible when Taunt should have been prioritized?

Probably asked 100 times, but what do you guys think about PokeSav/Gen mons in regards to PokeBank? Would they be easily brought over?

Probably asked 100 times, but what do you guys think about PokeSav/Gen mons in regards to PokeBank? Would they be easily brought over?
Yes. Hacked Pokémon, if hacked properly, are identical to the actual Pokémon. Every detail of the .pkmn file is known, and there are no additional checks that could be added to old Pokémon. Whatever new features they put in to stop new hacks won't matter, there is no way to institute them retroactively to the old games. Old hacked Pokémon are going to hit X/Y like a tidal wave once Pokébank comes out.

Under Trick Room, does Sucker Punch work against faster +1 priority?

(I hope that made sense. Outside of Trick Room Sucker Punch fails against a faster Mach Punch, right? So if Trick Room is up, does Sucker Punch hit first?)

So here's a scenario,
I send out Banette; opponent sends out Smeargle.
Bannete mega evolves and used Taunt but Smeargle used Sticky Web first.
How is that possible when Taunt should have been prioritized?

I'm something like 99% sure that turn order is set when the turn begins, before mega evolution takes place. I know that changes to speed with a new Mega form (Garchomp losing speed for MegaChomp, Gengar gaining it for MegaGengar) don't take place during that turn. I suspect that changes to priority (which means, basically, no-HA Banette to MegaBanette) don't count either.

We don't know. Pokebank is explicitly stated to filter for hacked or generated 'mons but we don't know what measures are in place to identify those. I suspect it'll be possible for the community to generate 'mons that will pass the check, but I'm completely unsure about whether existing ones will meet the tests.

I'm something like 99% sure that turn order is set when the turn begins, before mega evolution takes place. I know that changes to speed with a new Mega form (Garchomp losing speed for MegaChomp, Gengar gaining it for MegaGengar) don't take place during that turn. I suspect that changes to priority (which means, basically, no-HA Banette to MegaBanette) don't count either.
Not tested it, but I would agree.

We don't know. Pokebank is explicitly stated to filter for hacked or generated 'mons but we don't know what measures are in place to identify those. I suspect it'll be possible for the community to generate 'mons that will pass the check, but I'm completely unsure about whether existing ones will meet the tests.
It may filter for them, but it can only check using the systems already existing in the game. And those are all known and accounted for. It is literally possible to hack a Pokémon so that it is, bit for bit, identical to a naturally caught/hatched/traded/Event Pokémon.

(I hope that made sense. Outside of Trick Room Sucker Punch fails against a faster Mach Punch, right? So if Trick Room is up, does Sucker Punch hit first?)
Afaik, Trick Room doesn't affect priority so maybe, no. Haven't tested tho.

It reverses the effects of the Speed stat, so since both are +1 Priority, it would make sense for Sucker Punch to hit first under Trick Room's effects.

I'm not to familiar with the X/Y format, I got to 1860 on pre-bank OU 3 weeks ago and haven't really battled since, but I breed and so I'm curious at the potential viability/interest in my next project before I put the time into it. If the concept is sound, but needs some stat/moveset tweaks I'm very open to those as well

Heracross@Heracronite
Guts/Moxie (I think Guts is completely viable, if you get burned then just don't Mega Evo, but will breed Moxie as well)
Brave
31/31/31/xx/31/0
252 HP/ 252 Atk/ 4SpDef
-Rock Blast
-Pin Missile
-Bullet Seed
-Close Combat/Arm Thrust

Basically trick room Mega Heracross, Mega Heracross takes a speed hit sitting it at 75 base speed, making it a viable TR abuser I think.

Should I tech Pursuit on there somewhere? It's an egg move so something I'd have to consider early on.

Or should I just breed a Bulky 31/31/31/xx/31/31? Adamant or possibly a defensive nature?
If it helps my tier preference, though those aren't out yet, is UU so if it seems viable there I'm still interested.

I'm not to familiar with the X/Y format, I got to 1860 on pre-bank OU 3 weeks ago and haven't really battled since, but I breed and so I'm curious at the potential viability/interest in my next project before I put the time into it. If the concept is sound, but needs some stat/moveset tweaks I'm very open to those as well

Heracross@Heracronite
Guts/Moxie (I think Guts is completely viable, if you get burned then just don't Mega Evo, but will breed Moxie as well)
Brave
31/31/31/xx/31/0
252 HP/ 252 Atk/ 4SpDef
-Rock Blast
-Pin Missile
-Bullet Seed
-Close Combat/Arm Thrust

Basically trick room Mega Heracross, Mega Heracross takes a speed hit sitting it at 75 base speed, making it a viable TR abuser I think.

Should I tech Pursuit on there somewhere? It's an egg move so something I'd have to consider early on.

Or should I just breed a Bulky 31/31/31/xx/31/31? Adamant or possibly a defensive nature?
If it helps my tier preference, though those aren't out yet, is UU so if it seems viable there I'm still interested.
There's a thread specifically for Heracross discussion, because he received a Mega Form. However, it has been generally agreed that Earthquake is superior to either Close Combat or Arm Thrust, I believe. He loses STAB, but gains Edge/Quake coverage with Rock Blast. And since Close Combat has negative side effects and Arm Thrust is weak, it is a superior option.

There's a thread specifically for Heracross discussion, because he received a Mega Form. However, it has been generally agreed that Earthquake is superior to either Close Combat or Arm Thrust, I believe. He loses STAB, but gains Edge/Quake coverage with Rock Blast. And since Close Combat has negative side effects and Arm Thrust is weak, it is a superior option.
I looked over the thread, there wasn't much TR discussion, but I have asked there as well.
I saw the FIghting STAB/EQ debate, but EQis a TM and so it doesn't really affect my breeding, but I appreciate the feedback on the proposed set. I did ask for it after all.

I'm really curious if TR is a viable option with interest before I go chasing 0 speed IVs.

I looked over the thread, there wasn't much TR discussion, but I have asked there as well.
I saw the FIghting STAB/EQ debate, but EQis a TM and so it doesn't really affect my breeding, but I appreciate the feedback on the proposed set. I did ask for it after all.

I'm really curious if TR is a viable option with interest before I go chasing 0 speed IVs.
75 Base Speed seems a bit too fast for Trick Room IMO. You can't actually underspeed Base 50's, so they'll outspeed you while Trick Room is up. Also, I have a feeling Scizor and Conkeldurr would be better Bug or Fighting-types for TR since they have STAB priority for outside of it. Also, no matter what you outspeed, Talonflame will still be able to BB you and kill you outright.

Although, I definitely think you should breed Pursuit as well as Rock Blast regardless. You can Pursuit Psychic-types that try to run from your STAB Bug attack and allow things like Conkeldurr and Reuniclus can sweep in TR with them gone. You might find it's not the best move to run, but it's nice to have it as an option.

75 Base Speed seems a bit too fast for Trick Room IMO. You can't actually underspeed Base 50's, so they'll outspeed you while Trick Room is up. Also, I have a feeling Scizor and Conkeldurr would be better Bug or Fighting-types for TR since they have STAB priority for outside of it. Also, no matter what you outspeed, Talonflame will still be able to BB you and kill you outright.

Although, I definitely think you should breed Pursuit as well as Rock Blast regardless. You can Pursuit Psychic-types that try to run from your STAB Bug attack and allow things like Conkeldurr and Reuniclus can sweep in TR with them gone. You might find it's not the best move to run, but it's nice to have it as an option.
Ah thank you, that base 50 tidbit is enough to convince me try for a different Heracross.
What would be some good TR abusers to breed then? And what's a suitable speed benchmark? 65?

Has cloning in gen 6 been truly discovered? All the assholes on gamefaqs are charging for it and the video with the sd card is bullshit lol

Has cloning in gen 6 been truly discovered? All the assholes on gamefaqs are charging for it and the video with the sd card is bullshit lol
There's a way to do it similar to Gen 1's trading glitch. I believe once the trade is complete, whoever shuts down their 2/3DS first after like, 3 seconds gets their Pokemon cloned. The opposite player in the trade will lose their Pokemon (will be replaced with the desired cloned pokemon)

For example, I want to clone an Espeon, and you have a Marill. We trade, I shut off at a certain time after the trade (while it's saving) and then when we restart our games, you will have the Espeon and so will I

Recently, a lot of people from my friend safary appeared with the question mark silouette even tho they had their faces there before, does that mean that they deleted me?

Heracross@Heracronite
Brave
31/31/31/xx/31/0
252 HP/ 252 Atk/ 4SpDef
-Rock Blast
-Pin Missile
-Bullet Seed
-Close Combat/Arm Thrust

I'm not sure how viable trick room is in uu (don't play it) but you should use swords dance over bullet seed and yes use cc over arm thrust and guts over moxie (the ability isn't that important as they're both really good)

are you still able to catch all three pokemon?
Judejew said that their faces were there before reverting to the question mark silhouette meaning that (s)he had access to all three. Access to all three Pokemon does not go away when your friend deletes you so Judejew should have the three Pokemon still available (until (s)he deletes that friend from his or her friend list).

are you still able to catch all three pokemon?
Yeah, and it's weird, I know at least 2 people who 100% sure haven't deleted me from that list. Maybe some of the maintenance nintendo has done reset the safari faces and you have to "see" them again.

Time to find my favorite pokemon's mega stone...

Trading for Tyranitarite. Will trade any item/stone or 5iv-4iv IN STOCK on my thread for it.

I am going to now sound extremely stupid,but guys,I had just thought of something.Is it likely that a defensive Pokemon will EVER get banned to Ubers?I mean,yes,Deoxys-D was a thing but it only got banned because it gave offensive teams an unfair advantage.If I remember correctly,defensive Pokemon has never been banned before,even in the stallfest that was Gen 2 and 3.But hypothetically if the next game that comes out introduces a pokemon that gives stall an unfair advantage,will a defensive pokemon ever be banned?Even if it is like,a Steel/Electric type with levitate and godlike defenses and with an endless support movepool?I am aware of Lugia,and in the OU speculation thread,people have suggested bringing it down,and while most other people said it would be too powerful for OU,they said it not because it would be too good of a defensive Pokemon,but because it would be too good as a Calm Mind sweeper,or as a bulky attacker with 110 speed and fantastic coverage options such as Boltbeam,Aeroblast,Brave Bird,Earthquake,Surf and some other things I don't remember.

This question is not turning out to be not as simple as I thought it would be,should I make a thread for this?And if so,where?
Giratina-A and Lugia are the only exclusively "defensive" Pokemon that are in banned from OU. However, a few other ubers have colossal enough defensive stats that they would probably still be banned even without their good attacking stats. For example, Arceus would still be banned even if it only had base 80 attacking stats, simply because its support movepool is insanely good and it has fantastic defenses with access to reliable recovery. Other examples of defensive Pokemon being banned in BW include Chansey in UU and the previously mentioned Cresselia in RU.

Also, Lugia in OU would be so broken it's not even funny.

Recently, a lot of people from my friend safary appeared with the question mark silouette even tho they had their faces there before, does that mean that they deleted me?
That shouldn't affect the pokemon inside the safari, however, so you don't have to worry about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)