Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there pokemon that can reliable counter both Bisharp and Aegislash?
The only thing that comes to mind that beats both of these Pokemon reliably is ironically another Bisharp (with Low Kick to hit opposing Bisharp). You obviously have to be wary of switching into Sacred Sword, but Aegislash will be spamming Shadow Ball most of the time so it shouldn't be too much of an issue. Mandibuzz handles most sets of these Pokemon, but it loses to the best Aegislash set, Subtoxic. However, since the ladder is awful, SubToxic is really uncommon, so you should be fine with just Mandibuzz. Also, I forgot about Chesnaught, which also works.

slayerx725232

"to sea, or not to sea" ~Melodramatic Sailor
Yes. Assuming the mechanics haven't changed from 5th gen "The damage dealt is not blocked by Substitute."
See http://www.smogon.com/bw/items/rocky_helmet for more info.
The mechanics, at least for on Pokemon Showdown, have changed, with neither of those previously mentioned effects (Rocky Helmet, and Iron Barbs) dealing any damage once a Sub is hit. Not entirely sure about in game though.

So I decided to run a Choice Band Black Kyurem on my team. I transferred it to my X and Y game, and I wanted to teach it Iron Head, but I realized that it only learns Iron Head from a move tutor in Black 2 and White 2. So, I'm wondering, is Steel Wing a viable alternative to Iron Head, or am I better off just running Dragon Claw for consistency? Its other three moves are Outrage, Fusion Bolt, and Ice Beam.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
So I decided to run a Choice Band Black Kyurem on my team. I transferred it to my X and Y game, and I wanted to teach it Iron Head, but I realized that it only learns Iron Head from a move tutor in Black 2 and White 2. So, I'm wondering, is Steel Wing a viable alternative to Iron Head, or am I better off just running Dragon Claw for consistency? Its other three moves are Outrage, Fusion Bolt, and Ice Beam.
Teach it Earthquake or Superpower.

Oh wait.

edit: srsly though, go with d.claw, or freeze shock even. to nail Pokemon on the switch

Gah. My University is blocking it, it seems. No worries, I'm returning home on Wednesday. Thanks for the help!

Is the Sleep Clause ever enforced? If so, when and how? (My friend thinks it's a stupid rule and thus ignores it all the time, and I've never seen anything on Showdown that stops people from spamming Dark Void or Lovely Kiss or Spore, for example.)

Is the Sleep Clause ever enforced? If so, when and how? (My friend thinks it's a stupid rule and thus ignores it all the time, and I've never seen anything on Showdown that stops people from spamming Dark Void or Lovely Kiss or Spore, for example.)
Certain tier's don't have sleep clause and some do. Tier's that don't would be Doubles, VGC, etc. Sleep Clause will be enforced if any Pokemon is already asleep on someones team and a different Pokemon gets hit with a sleeping move. It's probably a tier/battle format you are playing that does not have sleep clause. Also there are many things that counter Sleeping. Spore does not affect grass types, taunt + prankster destroys sleep setting Pokemon, some pokemon cannot go to sleep due to there abilities ( For Example: Vital Spirit )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)