ORAS UU Viability Rankings V4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do love me some Jellicent, and I've been using it for a very long time now. Honestly, A- is fine by me, but I don't see it moving up any higher than that.

My biggest issue with Jellicent has always been that it's really not good enough as a Fire-resist, and if you use it, you absolutely need to carry another one, whether it be a Dragon-type or Snorlax or what have you. It always messes my teambuilding up a little bit when I use it. This is because it's typically forced to run a fair amount of speed to outpace and taunt things like Florges, Suicune, or even Cresselia. On balance, this makes it a much less effective resist. Its overall bulk is sometimes lacking and you often want to run Suicune instead.

But that's just me, and I'm a bit rusty at the moment. I agree that having a 'mon capable of checking Suicune, Snorlax, Cobalion, and most stall 'mons all in one slot is definitely a plus, and would support this thing moving up.

(to B rank)well none of my posts went well, maybe this post wont go well either but i feel it wouldnt be a crime to ask why the hell is gligar in b+.Yes it brings a lot of good utility to the table being able to settup rocks and remove hazards, and u turn for momentum, Reliable recovery is a plus but still its 75 attack stat is medicore providing little offensive pressure. Also the s rank mons and a+ mons give it hell (except cobalion)either turning it to settup fodder or just avoid being walled by it.I dont get why the hell gligar is not B rank or maybe im hust going through one those phazes like i was with shedninja, but baton pass sd set is still threating though but still feel it should be in b rank.(tbh i wouldnt mind it being b- but thats a bit of a stretch)

Last edited:
I do believe this meta is very unkind for Gligar. Fighting types isnt as dominant as they were before, except for maybe Cobalion, Toxicroak and Lucario, but then I think Zapdos does a better job at checking those threats while checking much else. In fact, I do believe Zapdos does Gligar's job as a pivot/supporter much better, with access to passive recovery in Leftovers and an actually offensive presence. Gligar is also a big setup bait for huge portion of the meta, and with Ice types becoming more popular each day, I could see Gligar dropping to B rank.

Btw, we are getting new drops soon, which will really shake things up, but before that happens I do have a question: what is holding Mamoswine from becoming an S rank mon? This thing has a few switchins, checks many threats and put a huge pressure especially in balance buildings. I'm just wondering what holds him from being there with the big S ranks fellas, since it's imo one of the mons that mostly restrict teambuild nowadays.

Can I give my opinion? I may be missing something but I personally think that Gastrodon (not listed) and Durant (c) are really good at the moment but have really low ranks.

Gastrodon seems to wall around as good as umbreon for me. It has recover and toxic (to stall/wall with) only one weakness in grass, an immunity to electric and fairly powerful stab moves of dual types. Combine this with defensive stats and evs for a niche enough wall to make the chart imo. It isn't perfect, but I prefer it over umberon dragalge and slowking in the slow-wall category.

For Durant, he has a good typing (I love steel). Despite his 4x fire weakness, he can't be poisoned, has amazing scarfed speed and can destroy slower pokemon with truant and crunch or stab iron head. I believe this to make it good enough for the b tier

Thanks to Froggyboy for the advice

Edit: Gastrodon got a B on one of his OU movesets in their rankings! Surely he is as good here...

Last edited:
Yes, you can give your opinion, but generally one-liners like yours don't contribute much. Tell us why Gastrodon and Durant are so good right now(like their most viable sets, what they do, how big of an impact they have on the meta), and even some replays will do a ton for your argument.

Yes, you can give your opinion, but generally one-liners like yours don't contribute much. Tell us why Gastrodon and Durant are so good right now(like their most viable sets, what they do, how big of an impact they have on the meta), and even some replays will do a ton for your argument.
Thanks for the advice:)

Can we drop Entei down a little bit? It might be strong, but all it has really going for it is Fire STAB that burns 50% of the time. That's useless against more special attackers, and it's slower than a good chunk of the meta so it can be easily revenge'd if it's Banded and not locked into ESpeed.

/rushed and tired wanted to get this in there

Can we drop Entei down a little bit? It might be strong, but all it has really going for it is Fire STAB that burns 50% of the time. That's useless against more special attackers, and it's slower than a good chunk of the meta so it can be easily revenge'd if it's Banded and not locked into ESpeed.

/rushed and tired wanted to get this in there
Why should entei drop a rank, none of the recent drops affect it, and burn still can be helpful against special attackers chip damge is good specially when ur opponent might have to deal with lo recoil.100 speed is still a good speed tier and even if its outsped by a good chunk of thee meta most of the stuff that outspeeds it cant ohko entei but entei can ohko them back. I don't get why entei should drop when its kind of tone of the most threating mons in the meta so keep it a+

Update time:

Swampert: A- to A
Jellicent, Porygon-Z: B+ to A-
Tyrantrum: A- to B+
Doublade: A to A-

Krookodile's gonna stay at A+ for the time being, mostly for its CB set which as always is insane to switch into while Krookodile itself has decent speed and a good typing/bulk/Intimidate which really helps it check a ton of stuff.

No new nominations for now since we've only got 2-3 days till an entirely different metagame, so the current rankings will represent the end of this one.

e: Entei is definitely not moving down, I'd actually say it's near the top of A+ right now. Sacred Fire is nuts, Entei's one of the scariest Pokemon to face in the tier.

Last edited:
Why should entei drop a rank, none of the recent drops affect it, and burn still can be helpful against special attackers chip damge is good specially when ur opponent might have to deal with lo recoil.100 speed is still a good speed tier and even if its outsped by a good chunk of thee meta most of the stuff that outspeeds it cant ohko entei but entei can ohko them back. I don't get why entei should drop when its kind of tone of the most threating mons in the meta so keep it a+
As of now, this may be true (who knows where the innovation will go when the drops come to uu) however, you are kind of ignoring the fact that in the current meta, a lot of teams have became more along the lines of bulky offense and balance/fat stuff due to a lot of great Pokemon benefiting from this play style. Entei struggles against this play style (unless you are running some sort of Power Herb Solar Beam Entei or Natural Gift Grass, which are both really niche) due to how it invites a lot of common hole punchers once it has locked its self in to a move, mainly espeed and some sort of fire move, that have arose like CB Krookodile, Hydreigon, Gatr and Pert. And because Entei really needs CB for power output, it can also let things like Cobalion set up, if locked into Espeed or Salamence if locked into fire move. All of the things I just listed a huge problems for teams once set up, leaving you with the option to either take a huge hit by one of the few checks to this pokemon, which also leaves you susceptible to opposing Win Cons, or forcing you to sac Entei in order to either prevent set up, or just not lose one of your checks. The current meta isnt too kind to entei, however its still really annoying for certain offense teams to work around (especially mine ;_;) and still has its merits with the possible burn chances. Stone edge is also p. cool for hitting common switch ins, which any good player knows how to work around, but still a tad frustrating. In conclusion, drop entei.

Gastrodon is not ranked? Wow, why?. This is the set who made Gastro rise from B- to B in OU

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Curse

This set probably puts a lot of work in UU too due to the amount of bulky water mons the tier has, but I won't say it's the best one to use. Anyways, Gastro deserves being ranked for its defensive sets too. It's support movepool is quite tiny, with just access to Toxic and Clear Smog (along Memento and Yawn), missing Stealth Rocks, Haze, will-o, Encore,... moves that any others bulky water provides. However, it has access it's access to Recover on its typing gives a strong niche over Swampert and Seismitoad. Storm Drain gives Gastro a major offensive pressure than any other Scald absorber, hitting either with Scald, Earth Power, or Ice Beam at +1. Still is a pretty passive mon, but it's way underrated and deserves at least B-

Yeah curse gastro has deserved Bx rating forever now. It's like swamturd without any of the flaws.

No really that's all I've got, I've said my piece on this in the old thread.

Edit: Lolentiedroping, good joke. Seriously if your argument is "entie is bad because choice", run a non choice set. LO all out/restalk, leichi lure, flame plate flame charge, and even the hens teeth rare spdef sub variants are all solid options. Band is just so dumbeasy to slap onto a team and click spammy move with that it's easy to forget these exist. Aka A+

Edit again: To be fair gastro and entie both made it in before the cutoff

Last edited:
Big changes this time!

As you know, we've recently received several new Pokemon due to the new policy change regarding the tiering of Mega Evolutions and their base formes. This added quite a bit to the number of viable Pokemon in the tier. We decided that the ranks available in this thread weren't enough to accurately identify the viability of all the Pokemon. As a result, we've decided to expand the rankings by adding the C+ and C- ranks. The D rank will function exactly as it did before. The rank will contain Pokemon that are tiered UU by usage, but are not viable in any way.

We went through and redid the viability rankings to spread the Pokemon out more evenly, making some changes along the way. The results look a bit different than what we had before. You may notice that some Pokemon that were previously A- are now B+ or even B, for example; however, this only occurred because we needed to shift most of the former A through B- ranked Pokemon down to fill the new ranks. The actual viability of these Pokemon probably hasn't changed much.

Furthermore,
the S through B+ rank Pokemon are now sorted within their rank by viability, rather than alphabetically as they were before. This should provide a more accurate depiction of the metagame; for the top-performing Pokemon in UU, it's rather easy to sort them individually by viability. However, this sorting is quite subjective, so the order of the Pokemon within these five ranks will be determined by ONLY the viability ranking team. Therefore, you should not make nominations for Pokemon to move up and down within their own ranks. You may, of course, specify which part of a rank a Pokemon should be if you make a valid nomination (e.g. you may nominate "Rotom-H should move from B to high B+" or "Rotom-H should move from B to mid B+" but NOT "Heliolisk should move from low B+ to high B+").

A couple important changes that were made:

• Reuniclus has moved down from S to A+. The introduction of Sableye and Metagross (which heavily pressures Reuniclus even with its AV set) put a rather large dent in how threatening this Pokemon is; if it wants to touch these two with its CM set, it must give up Focus Blast and be unable to hurt important threats like Krookodile, Hydreigon, and Snorlax. Other metagame trends like the increasing popularity of Hex Jellicent have also been unkind to Reuniclus; however, it's still a very threatening sweeper with its ability to put huge pressure on most passive cores and teams in addition to being able to put in a lot of work vs. offensive teams with Trick Room sets.
  • Snorlax moved down a little bit relative to the Pokemon around it. It gained a full-on hard counter in Sableye in addition to metagame trends I mentioned before like Jellicent.
  • Slurpuff moved down; with the shift away from common Scarfers and with people actually recognizing it as a threat they need to account for, it's not nearly as easy anymore to set up and sweep.
  • Mega Houndoom moved up; the rank it held previously wasn't really accurate as it's a hugely threatening sweeper capable of doing huge damage to common cores.
You may now post about the new drops!

Oh yeah, and your arguments should NOT take into account the current suspect test. Only if Crawdaunt is unbanned should it become a factor in the discussion here.

Last edited:
I've gotten a couple questions about the whole nominating inter-rank changes, I should have been more clear.

You MAY nominate "Rotom-H should move from B to low B+" or "Rotom-H should move from B to high B+".
You MAY NOT nominate "Heliolisk should move from low B+ to high B+".

The Rotom-H case is moving a Pokemon across ranks. In order to determine its final location, it's fine to indicate where in S/A+/A/A-/B+ the Pokemon you're nominating should end up (low, mid or high).

The Heliolisk case is moving a Pokemon within its existing rank. It wouldn't be changing ranks at all, just its spot within B+. These changes - changes within the same rank - will only be handled by the VR team.

Hope that clears things up!

e: another clarification: only S through B+ are sorted by viability within that rank. B and lower is just sorted alphabetically because it doesn't make sense/it's too subjective to sort lower-performance mons individually.

Last edited:
You might run into the same problem as the last time we had a split C rank - noone actually uses any of the pokemon in C rank because there tends to be a load of viable options in the ranks above that they never really make it onto a team - so the council never has any sort of opinion on them. Hopefully the current council's more willing to explore the options in the lower ranks so they can form their own opinions on them when they come up for discussion, especially when you're ranking them according to viability.

Aside from that, all the new changes seem reasonable - another point for the slurpuff move is the introduction of 2 solid answers in metagross and sableye.

Suppose I'll give my early thoughts on most of the drops.

: Just D rank this. The only real thing it has over mons like Helio or Jolt is Fire coverage, and that isn't really that much when Zapdos already does it too. It's gonna fall to RU anyways, no one will miss it.

: I remember Metagross was B- back in XY, but I think it has a bit better of a life now. It's still the same mon it always was, but now faces less competition with Jirachi being in OU(thank god). Additionally, it happily takes on some of the popular mons right now, such as Florges and Cobalion(CC has minimal 2HKO after rocks). Can run a few different sets pretty effectively, including a nice rocks setter role. Sableye obviously gives it a great deal of trouble, but that's just what Sableye does. Not to mention mons like Hydreigon and Krookodile tend to be everywhere, both of which easily scare Metagross away. B+/B is probably good for it.

: KILL IT WITH FIRE. I mean, does anything really need to be said about Sableye? Anyone who played XY remembers the joy of dealing with Sableye, wondering how you're getting walled by a mon with 50/75/65 bulk. And now it actually works a bit better, walling the very popular Reuniclus. Fairy types tend to scare it pretty hard, especially as most are special, and it will probably never be even close to a wincon, but that's what team support is for. B Rank for the true troll of UU.

:
I still stand by my initial thought when I saw Venu for UU: It's a solid middle ground between the offensive power of Roserade and the defensive capability of Amoonguss. It will probably be a nice choice on balance teams looking for a Grass type that can both take and deal some damage, but won't be anything spectacular. Chlorophyll also gives it a nice niche over its counterparts, allowing for a sweeper set similar to Mega-Swampert, which would be better if Weather Ball was compatible. There's also Earthquake and Knock Off, but I can only really see the latter having any real utility in a build(it's not like you need to lure Heatran). I'd think B-/C+ fits it, as it has competition from mons in the same area, while none of them really fully outdoing the others.

: There's this pokemon, and its name is Moltres, and it does just about everything better. Zard can run a gimmicky physical set with DD or Drum, but they are rather disappointing, and the latter requires almost as much hazard support as a Shedinja. Stick it in C-/D rank and wait for it to fall.

: Gardevoir was probably the mon I was most excited for with the new teiring system. Not only does it provide the tier with a real offensive Fairy, it carries pretty good stats as well as that always fun ability Trace, allowing for plenty of shenanigans. Choice Specs/Scarf make it an excellent threat alongside its dual STABs being capable of hitting both physical and special walls. It also has a great utility movepool, but I feel it can't really utilize it as well without the Mega; maybe need to test it more. Unfortunately, it lacks any physical bulk, and it had the misfortune of having a major threat in Metagross fall to UU alongside it. Shadow Ball can help with the latter issue, but still requires prior damage first to ensure. A-/B+ is probably good.

: Haven't seen much use of it, so can't really say. OTR was always a rather spooky set with it in XY, and can set Rocks pretty reliably.

Tangrowth not being on the VR list makes me want to quit pokemon

E: nm I found it but the signifigant drop from A- to B- should be discussed unless this is a mistake.

I'll talk about the two drops that I've used a lot:

Venusaur -> B-/B: Venusaur's biggest niche aside from being a sun sweeper is definitely its Curse set imo. Curse allows it to be a solid wincon as well as a specially defensive tank with utility options in Knock Off and Roar. This really allows it to stand out over Roserade and Amoonguss in a defensive role, since it's kind of outclassed otherwise (though being much bulkier than Roserade is a plus). It makes a great catch-all bulky Water check and is a good check to Whimsicott, Mienshao, Shaymin, Heliolisk and stuff. It's also really effective with its Chlorophyll set on Sun teams. Mixed Growth can sweep and wallbreak really well and the pure special attacking set is pretty solid too. Setup opportunities aren't that hard to get for it tbh in a tier where Water types and Fairies are so prominent and 5-7 turns of Sun is enough to work with.

What's keeping it from being higher are probably matchup issues. Common threats such as Hydreigon, Crobat, Entei, Cobalion, Chandelure, Azelf and Mandibuzz can give the Curse set issues and Chandelure (when not running EQ on Mixaur), Crobat, Dragalge and Goodra are pretty annoying for Chlorophyll sets. There's also the issue of Sun teams being a difficult playstyle to support as a whole (but not too difficult). The mid to lower B ranks is a start for Venusaur.

Venusaur @ Black Sludge
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Synthesis
- Petal Blizzard / Power Whip
- Knock Off / Roar

Venusaur @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 96 Atk / 160 SpA / 252 Spe (124 Atk / 132 SpA / 252 if using Petal Blizzard)
Naive / Mild Nature
IVs: 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Growth
- Power Whip / Petal Blizzard
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire] / Earthquake

Venusaur @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Giga Drain / Energy Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Growth / Leaf Storm / Sunny Day

Charizard -> C-: This is more or less a sun-exclusive mon, but its Choice Scarf set is just way effective to just be D rank. ScarfZard really outshines other special Fire types like Chandelure and Moltres on sun thanks to the power with Solar Power and base 100 Speed to get past stuff like Scarf Hydreigon, Mega Beedrill and Mega Aero. It also can run a mixed set with Flare Blitz to lure Blissey while still having good cleaning potential. It's an awesome and effective cleaner for sun teams, though it clearing Stealth Rock for it can be annoying sometimes and Flash Fire Chandy is a butt.

Its other sets aren't very effective unfortunately, though I haven't used Specs yet because I'm afraid of sucking against offense, which seems to be really popular right now. Most special sets are outshined by Moltres for the most part from my experience and physical sets either can't set up or don't sweep well. Swords Dance + Roost can wallbreak pretty well though, and, in spite of the competition from Fletchinder, the extra coverage move, bulk and damage output give it a niche. C- rank is perfect for this. No higher and no lower imo.

Charizard @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Solar Power
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe (120 Atk / 136 SpA / 252 Spe when using Flare Blitz)
Timid / Naive Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Flamethrower / Flare Blitz
- Air Slash / Dragon Pulse / Earthquake

Charizard
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Acrobatics
- Flare Blitz / Earthquake

dingbat

snek
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
hi i'm back after killing myself on the ladder

Sableye --> A- rank.
Thing was a massive prick before it went up with its mega, and I still think it has the potential to be. Having Fire-types along with several new threats running in this tier will probably hinder Sableye a bit, but then I've only done like 16 battles since I came back, so I can't judge any further than that.
Venusaur --> B-/B rank? Other than its Sun Sweeper sets, it competes with Tangrowth and Roserade both offensively and defensively. Curse Venusaur definitely seems like it has potential, though.
Can this just not be ranked? Manectric will obviously drop and it clearly is not viable in this tier, regardless of Lightningrod.

Okay so I've been using these new drops extensively in the past 2 days (bar Diancie), here are my thoughts :

: It's not good. Outclassed in every way. I even tried the obscure Belly Drum and Solar Power Specs sets, but it needs way too much support for what it brings on the table (doesn't even get Hurricane smh). Other Belly Drum and Specs/Scarf users do the same job with more ease. D rank.

: Gardevoir is bae. I exclusively played the Specs set, which I believe is the best and most representative Gard set, but a Scarf set works too. Gardevoir has many talents that make it a unique Specs user and give competition to Kyurem and PZ. It has good dual stabs, only hitting Steel type not very effectively (but still deals considerable damage to Doublade/Aggron/Cobalion/Metagross). It can hit special walls thanks to stab Psyshock. Trace is a very versatile ability, letting it beat things like Vaporeon, choice-locked Chandelure, and MPert under rain (also, tracing Sheer Force/Adaptability is yum). It also has a wide movepool, being able to carry many coverage options such as Energy Ball, Thunderbolt and Shadow Ball. Finally, it has a niche with access to Healing Wish, which can sometimes turn the tide of the game. Gardevoir has some downsides tho, as it is pretty slow and its defensive stat is pathetic. Deserves A- rank.

: Totally outclassed, it has absolutely nothing going for it, D rank.

: There's a lot of hype going around this 'mon, and I can see the reason behind this, but in my opinion this 'mon is really underwhelming. I've played many different sets, and I feel like they are almost all outclassed by something else. Choice Band Gross hits hard, but Steel/Psyshic stabs have terrible coverage, and this set struggles against bulky Water types. Rocks Shuca or Rock LO work but again, it doesn't hit its checks well and it's pretty slow ; moreover, it has to chose between Stabs, Earthquake for coverage, and Bullet Punch to hit faster threats (there are many), so it's checked or walled by something. AV is terrible. Agiligross is fun and works sometimes as a strong lategame cleaner, but it doesn't do anything against stall. In my opinion, give it B- rank at best.

: A really good surprise. This Pokemon is so useful for any team, but especially balanced teams, since it ensures that they don't lose to stall OR very powerful wallbreakers (ban crawdaunt). Not much to say, it's an excellent stallbreaker and burn spreader. Fortunately it has some downsides, as it doesn't do much against Fire-types and special attackers, and its mediocre bulk doesn't let it take repeated strong attacks. Give it B+.

: It seems outclassed by other Grass types such as Roserade and Amoonguss, but it has some valuable niches : it is bulkier than Rose while hitting harder than Amoonguss, and access to Leech Seed, Sleep Powder and Knock Off let it use a good stallbreaker set. It is also a surprisingly good sun sweeper, with Chlorophyll and Growth. I think C+ rank is fine for now.

I said it on the NP thread and I repeat it again. We already had a sun sweeper very similar to Venusaur on Victreebel. Victreebel isn't as bulky as Venusaur (80/65/70) and 70 base speed vs 80, but Victreebel gets access to Weather Ball, unlike Venusaur, access to Sucker Punch and 105 base attack vs 82 (and access to HP Ice too?). I guess Venusaur still gets a niche as sun sweeper, but it's not the only one with its dual typing.

PD: Gastro is still unranked. I had to post why Gastro was so high ranked in OU: http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...s-v4-read-post-90.3555277/page-4#post-6553452

LRXC

ADV 1v1 Pioneer
is a Community Contributor
Hey Guys, LittleRunnerXC here bringing you my opinions on these drops, and how they should be ranked. These new drops have added something new to the meta, as UU was getting a little stale, and needed some mons to shake it up. I am also very excited about Crawdaunt as if it stays, I have an RMT waiting for it =)
Anyway lets begin my early analysis on the 5 most impactful drops!

Venusaur: Venusaur is actually a pretty cool mon in UU right now. It seems outclassed by Roserade and Amoongus as Grass/Poison types, but I think Venusaur is not that bad in that it is kind of a mix of the two. Venusaur is a pretty good mon on Bulky Offensive teams, as it can take hits relatviely well from both the physical and special side, and can hit hard as well. It also has access to sleep powder and other support moves as well. Venusaur is also a switch in to the now very popular Crawdaunt suspect. Just another note, Its curse set is also pretty cool, and it can even run Swords Dance. Venusaur also works well on sun teams, as they are going to be more popular with Mega-Houndoom getting a huge buff with these drops. However, venusaur isnt the most bulky mon, and can be worn down pretty easily, even with synthesis. It also doesnt have really good coverage, and is outclassed by amoongus defesively, and sort of Roserade offensively. Because of this I am going to propose Venusaur be B-/C+ rank

Next up, Gardevoir. Gardevoir is a very interesting mon, and has a unique typing that is very good offensively. It also brings a viable Offensive fairy to UU, and in a way is a better Meoletta, as it has pretty good special bulk, and can hit hard while also having decent speed. Gardevoir can run a specs set very well, as it is very hard to switch into, and has a pretty good movepool, allowing it to hit would be counters such as Doublade and Bronzong. I havent really used Gardevoir much so I dont have much more to say about it. I think its speed is its low point, as it leaves it outsped by many threats, and even if it runs choice scarf I think Choice Scarf users are on a decline right now; however gardevoir could maybe bring them back. For me, I am going to propose Gardevoir to be B+

Metagross: Oh how I have been LOVING metagross. It is such a diverse mon that I feel fits on so many teams, It almost reminds me of Coballion with how it fits so many roles and fits well on many teams. Metagross was a great addition to UU as with the rise of fairy types, steel types are better. Metagross can set up rocks, and run a really good life orb set, it runs choice band, agility, and even Assault Vest. It has great overall stats with great bulk and a very good attack stat. Its movepool is outstanding and can utilize its overage to hit certain threats. I also felt it was nice to have a mon that use a stab bullet punch, besides Lucario. Metagross also fits very well on my favorite playstyle, Bulky Offense. However, Metagross's speed is pretty bad, and can be outsped by other mons that run speed because usually metagross does not run speed. This can include Crawdaunt (Which can actually wall it with only Steel, Psychic coverage) and others. But overall this is a ery good mon. I honestly think it should be A-...

Sighh... Sableye came back. This thing is the bane of many teams existence, and is most definetly known as being the Troll of UU. This guy is a definite metagame shifter and is very hard to counter, and can really shut down many physical attackers. Prankster is the thing that makes this thing great, as will-o-wisp, taunt, and recover are very annoying to face with priority. Setting up on it is also hard to do because of Foul play as well, and can offer even more utility with Knock Off. This also means Frosslass Sableye spike stack :/ and many stall teams are not going to like Sableye haha. However, Sableye struggles to live any super strong attack, especially from the special side, and fire types can handle it very well, especially Mega-Houndoom. Also, with an offensive fairy now, Sableye can be taken down easier. Sableye also has a pretty bad speed stat, and even with full investement in bulk, it struggles to live a lot of hits. Because of this, I think Sableye will be B+.

Diancie: Diancie is a pretty cool addition to UU, as it adds another fairy type, and a very interesting pokemon at that. It is surprisingly effective as an offensive mon and a defensive mon, and can hit hard from both sides, making the opponet guess which wall to send in. Diancie also has a pretty good support movepool, but is serverly crippled because it has no reliable recovery, besides leftovers and rest, which is hard to run on it. Diancie's typing is very good though, even with a 4x weakness to steel it can wall many offensive mons such as Entei, Heracross, and Toxicroak. Diancie is also very diverse, like I said before adding more variety to UU. It can also run a interesting calm mind set as well. Diancie can also work very well on trick room teams, as a reliable setter and rocks setter for trick room, while also being able to run OTR in the mean time. However, like I said before, it has no reliable recovery, and is very slow as well, which limits its longevity. And though it can hit from both sides, base 100 isnt the hardest hitting thing in the world. Because of all these factors, I think Diancie should be B

Lastly, I honestly think Charizard and Manectric will definetly go unranked, as they are outclassed almost totally by other mons.

Also, if Crawdaunt stays, I think it will be ranked A/A-, because it really is good and I love it. It fits very well in teh current meta, and isnt so OP like everyone says it is, just because it is being suspected =)

Another side note, P2 and PZ should definetly be B+, and I am pretty iffy on the rankings of Tangrowth, Slowking, and Togetic
I hope you liked my post in teh VR ranking and my opinions on the newest drops! Thanks! =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)