Resource OU Teambuilding Workshop v4 (CLOSE)

Sceptile-Mega (M) @ Sceptilite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Earthquake

So, i think this guy is really awesome as a late game cleaner and revenge killer thanks to its great speed and it's immunity to paralysis, but i've had a lot of trouble building around it. The strategy should be to weaken the opposing team with the other teammates and then clean late game with Sceptile. I would be really pleased if you manage to build a team around this dragon. Thank you very much!

Dragonite @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 36 Atk / 220 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Roost
- Fly
- Dragon Dance

- Toxic Spikes

Requesting Sub DD fly Dragonite + a Toxic spiker on a team together. Toxic Spikes works very well in tandem with this Dragonite set, as you can simultaneously set up while also stalling out many Pokemon. Finding the right toxic spiker has been a challenge for me, so I'm hoping I can get help here.

*Re-requesting this :)
WHY NOT use Bounce instead of Fly?

ok builders I want cash. anyone and their mom can build with shit like keld+trapper, sd lo chomp, etc (not insulting builders or requester here, just sayin it's kinda a bland choice). But I want heat.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant/Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Knock Off/Superpower

252+ Atk Choice Band Landorus-T Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 88+ Def Ferrothorn: 195-231 (55.3 - 65.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Landorus-T Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 80+ Def Mega Slowbro: 151-178 (38.3 - 45.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and 1 layer of Spikes - this is still impressive as fuck
252+ Atk Choice Band Landorus-T Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 255-301 (64.8 - 76.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Landorus-T Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Quagsire: 234-276 (59.3 - 70%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

the list goes on and on. Say hello to the most cash set ever.

feel free to change moves n shit. enjoy.

I'd like to request a team to be built around Magenton. Sadly, it is C- in the VRs, which means I cannot request it with another Pokemon. Magneton, albeit outclassed by Magnezone, has a slight advantage over it: its base Speed. Not the greatest niche, but it's apparent. With Scarf, you're able to outspeed and kill things such as Weavile, Starmie, Tornadus-T, Keldeo, and Talonflame to name a few things. It can also trap Steel-types that annoy certain megas (similar to Magnezone) such as Diancie, Pinsir, and Gardevoir. Overall, Magneton may be overall outclassed by Magnezone, but the small niche that it gets (which is its Speed, as mentioned earlier) really helps Magneton do OK in OU.

THE SET:
Magneton @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

cabforpitt
Politoed @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Toxic
- Encore
- Rest

Tornadus-Therian @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 76 Atk / 180 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hurricane
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Omastar @ Mystic Water
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Shell Smash

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 224 Def / 28 SpD / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Roar

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 88 Def / 128 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed

Latias @ Latiasite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Reflect Type
- Roost
before we get to this squad, i'd like to say drake is changing music. views hittin' #1 for 11th straight week??? THIS MAN. over is some good old shit. easily one of his best songs before views and his rise to yung billboard dominance. gonna embed the media in hide tages because not doing so takes space and makes your post look like gorilla shit
^^^^ flameesssss. anyways, what is up my man. after two and a half weeks of trash talking the ladder, i came to this. specs omastar is pretty bad, so i struggled to make a decent team until this nigga AM told me to to use mystic water with spikes. i tried spikes, but i ended up going shell smash because teams just get shitted on after the boosts in rain. it also prevent you from getting revenge killed by practically every scarf user. this is a huge pro because balance usually uses scarf landorus-t to revenge kill you and giving them a pain now for a couple turns at +2 and netting kills is pretty cool for suicune to clean up. simply unbelievable power ohkoing rotom-w with no prior damage.

tornadus-t is a great way to check grasses and life orb tornadus-t is one of the hardest pokemon to switch into because of how it can bullshit all of its checks. this is especially useful when you have a hard hitter like omastar to break the aforementioned rotom-w. u-turn helps gain momentum and really puts use of omastar's wallbreaking. ferrothorn is a classic. 44 atk 2hkoes offensive chomper after rocks which is a pretty big threat and keeping ferrothorn alive versus sacking it and going into something that loses momentum is a pain in the ass. the evs are important. other than that, it set up rocks and it can switch into rotom-w. lures in fires for some nice double switches too.

suicune is there for providing a soft check to set up sweepers with roar. its scald gets a cute boost and it prevents a secondary water check and stops keldeo from mindlessly clicking hydro pump since latias pre mevo is not a switch-in (ferro risks burn). calm mind / rest is for obvious sweeping and if you choose to go spikes > hp grass on omastar, then roar becomes a savage. this team has pretty much all the pressure it needs to stop stealth rocks and trading rocks is pretty much always in your favor because of how ferrothorn has a positive match-up against non sd grounds. reflect type m-lati is a glue. didn't have a mega and i needed one that could produce the best defensive capabilities while not being set up bait.

you can still go specs, but trust me, you are missing a lot not using shell smash. overall, a solid rain team which i never expected to do because of how bad rain is right now. hope you enjoy and sorry for the wait man.

Last edited:
Hello. I am pretty new to competitive pokemon; only have played for a week or so... I am not very good at team building and I prefer to be original. Playing on OU I have seen each team is pretty much the same: Lando-T, Rotom-W, Chomp, Clefable, Keldeo, Latis, etc. Anyways I want to have a team with a core of Alakazam and Weavile which I haven't seen before. I have many cores I would like to eventually have made by the great builders (looking through the teams I have found a lot of them look nice) but I'll start with Kazam/Weavile.

Alakazam @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Evs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power Ice

Weavile @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Pursuit

I hope to end with an offensive team. Anyways the plan for this team is that Alakazam is to break down Weavile's counters like Keldeo and the dangerous but not so common Mega Venusaur. In return, Weavile takes cares of some of Alakazam's checks and counters like DD Mega Altaria and Tornadus-T. The point is that you use Alakazam to kill Weavile's weaknesses for a late-game sweep and if there is a counter to Alakazam you can send out Weavile. I see a possible weakness to Scizor or maybe Clefable so a fire type like Talonflame, one of the Mega Zards, or Heatran would do well. I think that someone with Healing Wish would be nice for Alakazam/Weavile/or my mega.

Last edited:

AAamen

☆Ojama: gg team italy
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz
- Roost
+Toxic Spiker
Requesting MegaCharx+ToxicSpikes. Toxic Spikes very help charx against Counters/Checks like Hippowdon or Mega Slowbro

Reactions: zbr

false

maybe this is heaven
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a defending SPL Championis a defending SCL Champion
Enid's core:

Nano Shinonome (Gengar) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Icy Wind

Sakamoto (Bisharp) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 52 SpD / 204 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

Mio Naganohara (Klefki) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Thunder Wave
- Heal Block
- Spikes

Hakase (Lopunny-Mega) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Frustration
- Ice Punch
- Fake Out

Mai Minakami (Garchomp) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 240 HP / 176 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock

Yuuko Aioi (Latios) @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 24 HP / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Recover
When I took this core, I was originally going to attempt to revamp my old LopGar + Spikes RMT, which was centred around SubPass Mega Lopunny + Gengar. However, I got sidetracked and then I just ended up with this, which I guess is ok too. Standard LopGar offense: Gengar and Bisharp are the hazard removal deterrents, whilst Klefki and Garchomp comprise the hazard stacking core and also form a classic Ground + Steel defensive core. Colbur CM Latios fits to check common Electric-types, and also brings a Water resist.

I decided to go with Icy Wind Gengar because it's a nice way to hit the ever-present Tank Garchomp and Landorus-T, whilst also luring one of Gengar's most common switchins; Assault Vest Tornadus-T which is knocked out by the combination of Icy Wind and Sludge Wave after Stealth Rock. Bisharp came next and provides the second part of the 'hazard control' duo, deterring Defog thanks to Defiant. Bisharp, like Gengar, is another Pokemon that greatly appreciates Spikes support and aims to take advantage of Gengar's ability to ravage defensive cores, weakening Pokemon such as Keldeo into range of Sucker Punch, to create opportunities to sweep in the late game. I went with Lum Berry because it allows Bisharp to better break Pokemon such as Rotom-W and Mega Sableye, which are both nuisances to this team in one way or another. Lum Berry also allows Bisharp to act as a far more reliable check to the likes of Slowbro, Clefable, and other common defensive Pokemon that rely on Scald burns, or Thunder Wave to cripple switchins. Klefki provides the Spikes that the likes of Gengar, Bisharp, and Mega Lopunny so appreciate, whilst also comprising the sole answer to common Dragon- and Fairy-type wallbreakers such as Latios, Mega Diancie, and Mega Gardevoir. Flash Cannon is a necessity to hit the aforementioned Fairies, with Heal Block being an interesting tech which I've used to stop a number of Pokemon such as Hippowdon, Skarmory, Starmie, and Mega Venusaur from being able to recover up on Klefki. Mega Lopunny is a natural partner to both Gengar and Bisharp, and fits fantastically on Spike stacking offense. Ice Punch is the filler move of choice, and works fantastically as Garchomp is often weakened into range of Ice Punch after only one or two switchins. Tank Garchomp has been used 1000 times at this point, so you probably dont need a refresher. It's just there to get up Stealth Rock and check the likes of Bisharp, Mega Scizor and Talonflame. CM + Colbur Berry Latios rounds out the team, and provides the Electric and Water resist. Colbur Berry allows Latios to evade being Pursuit trapped one time, which is useful when you consider its the only semblance of a Manaphy or Keldeo check that this team really has. Calm Mind Latios works wonders against bulkier teams and will generally be your main weapon to break through many common stall and semi stall builds. When facing hard stall, standard Choice Band Weavile will almost never risk Icicle Crashing a Latios, and will either click Pursuit or Knock Off. Once Weavile is removed, CM Latios has almost free reign when facing most stall. The combination of Colbur Berry + Calm Mind also allows Latios to lure and weaken, or remove, Tyranitar which is great support for Gengar seeming that many teams rely on the likes of Choice Scarf Tyranitar to trap and remove it.

The build is a bit weak to sand as well as just most Excadrill in general. If you're really finding it tough in those matchups you can run SpD Skarmory over Klefki and the build should function similarly. I also used Shuca Berry (Ground resist berry) Bisharp with a bit of HP investment, and that was really fun for catching Garchomp, Hippowdon, Gliscor, Excadrill etc, and is definitely worth trying out if you want to try something different.

Nicknames are from Nichijou. Replays here, here, and here if you want to see me testing the team for a few games. I hope you like it *-*

Enid's core:

Nano Shinonome (Gengar) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Icy Wind

Sakamoto (Bisharp) @ Lum Berry
EVs: 252 Atk / 52 SpD / 204 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

Mio Naganohara (Klefki) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Thunder Wave
- Heal Block
- Spikes

Hakase (Lopunny-Mega) @ Lopunnite
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Frustration
- Ice Punch
- Fake Out

Mai Minakami (Garchomp) @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock

Yuuko Aioi (Latios) @ Colbur Berry
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Recover
When I took this core, I was originally going to attempt to revamp my old LopGar + Spikes RMT, which was centred around SubPass Mega Lopunny + Gengar. However, I got sidetracked and then I just ended up with this, which I guess is ok too. Standard LopGar offense: Gengar and Bisharp are the hazard removal deterrents, whilst Klefki and Garchomp comprise the hazard stacking core and also form a classic Ground + Steel defensive core. Colbur CM Latios fits to check common Electric-types, and also brings a Water resist.

I decided to go with Icy Wind Gengar because it's a nice way to hit the ever-present Tank Garchomp and Landorus-T, whilst also luring one of Gengar's most common switchins; Assault Vest Tornadus-T which is knocked out by the combination of Icy Wind and Sludge Wave after Stealth Rock. Bisharp came next and provides the second part of the 'hazard control' duo, deterring Defog thanks to Defiant. Bisharp, like Gengar, is another Pokemon that greatly appreciates Spikes support and aims to take advantage of Gengar's ability to ravage defensive cores, weakening Pokemon such as Keldeo into range of Sucker Punch, to create opportunities to sweep in the late game. I went with Lum Berry because it allows Bisharp to better break Pokemon such as Rotom-W and Mega Sableye, which are both nuisances to this team in one way or another. Lum Berry also allows Bisharp to act as a far more reliable check to the likes of Slowbro, Clefable, and other common defensive Pokemon that rely on Scald burns, or Thunder Wave to cripple switchins. Klefki provides the Spikes that the likes of Gengar, Bisharp, and Mega Lopunny so appreciate, whilst also comprising the sole answer to common Dragon- and Fairy-type wallbreakers such as Latios, Mega Diancie, and Mega Gardevoir. Flash Cannon is a necessity to hit the aforementioned Fairies, with Heal Block being an interesting tech which I've used to stop a number of Pokemon such as Hippowdon, Skarmory, Starmie, and Mega Venusaur from being able to recover up on Klefki. Mega Lopunny is a natural partner to both Gengar and Bisharp, and fits fantastically on Spike stacking offense. Ice Punch is the filler move of choice, and works fantastically as Garchomp is often weakened into range of Ice Punch after only one or two switchins. Tank Garchomp has been used 1000 times at this point, so you probably dont need a refresher. It's just there to get up Stealth Rock and check the likes of Bisharp, Mega Scizor and Talonflame. CM + Colbur Berry Latios rounds out the team, and provides the Electric and Water resist. Colbur Berry allows Latios to evade being Pursuit trapped one time, which is useful when you consider its the only semblance of a Manaphy or Keldeo check that this team really has. Calm Mind Latios works wonders against bulkier teams and will generally be your main weapon to break through many common stall and semi stall builds. When facing hard stall, standard Choice Band Weavile will almost never risk Icicle Crashing a Latios, and will either click Pursuit or Knock Off. Once Weavile is removed, CM Latios has almost free reign when facing most stall. The combination of Colbur Berry + Calm Mind also allows Latios to lure and weaken, or remove, Tyranitar which is great support for Gengar seeming that many teams rely on the likes of Choice Scarf Tyranitar to trap and remove it.

The build is a bit weak to sand as well as just most Excadrill in general. If you're really finding it tough in those matchups you can run SpD Skarmory over Klefki and the build should function similarly. I also used Shuca Berry (Ground resist berry) Bisharp with a bit of HP investment, and that was really fun for catching Garchomp, Hippowdon, Gliscor, Excadrill etc, and is definitely worth trying out if you want to try something different.

Nicknames are from Nichijou. Replays here, here, and here if you want to see me testing the team for a few games. I hope you like it *-*
*-* I appreciate you taking time to make this team, Thank you very much.
The team and is very fun to play, it's really amazing. I'll play it a lot and also I'll subscribe to your YT channel hoping you upload a video playing this :)
Thank you again

Hello!
So here's a set on which I would like you to build! ^^

Pidgeot-Mega @ Pidgeotite
Ability: Tangled Feet
Timid Nature
- Protect
- Mirror Move
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave

So,mirror move + protect on pidgeot is amazing,you can protect some draco meteor from Lati@s,and mirror move on them ;]]
Protect is also really cool,to scout choice scarf user's,to protect on some fake out or if your opponent's pokemon is burn or poisonned,you can protect to get some chip damage ;]
I know this workshop is actually close,but i just post it here,for when the workshop open,you can build on that ;]]
thanks.

DennisEG

Civil Engineer
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
ANNOUNCEMENT

We're looking for builders at the moment. The requirements for YOUR application ARE PRETTY SIMPLE.
If you want to try joining workshop, PM me a team made from a core from the not taken list and provide a description like builders do when they post teams, also provide me SOME REPLAYS in HIGH LADDER >1600~ so we can see how the team works, however is up to you the latter requirement.

THANKS ! :pimp:

DennisEG

Civil Engineer
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Hey gamefreak375 ill try my best to build with that zard X set, pretty weird to be honest with you, i feel isnt than effective as the normal one, however here's the team. First member is Thundurus, this isnt a normal one, is an especific lure for fairies and steel types, Clefable is the most common answer so tbolt + iron tail secure the HKO and leaves zard a freeway, also lure quag and hippo with GK. Next another lure and basically the glue of the team, Flame clef is here to catch some steel types as zard only has dragon coverage, you can go with twave but i like flame here. Next the backbone Chomp + Skar + Starmie, really simple defensive core with cover each other weakness and support really well the rest of the team. ENjoy.!!
Thundurus @ Life Orb
EVs: 80 Atk / 176 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Iron Tail
- Grass Knot
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 248 HP / 100 Def / 160 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 240 HP / 16 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

Garchomp (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

Skarmory (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Def / 200 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Roost
- Iron Head

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 SpD
Bold Nature
- Flamethrower / Thunder Wave
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled

Hello Repeater1947 i really thinks this type of set are really good but at the same doesnt work every match, i add Latias as third member just because bait pursuit trap user that most of cases are choice so leave a really good chance to setup with Azu, next is Lopu as it is super fast and can wear down bulky water for Azu, that's why toxic, also serves as my dark check. Scizor was a bitch so Talon was my realative safe answer to it, i went with max hp max attack SD set as well to break stuff or weakened for Azu/rachi/lopu. And finally as it is offensive team LandoT the rocker, all around blanck check for most of physical attackers and really nice pivot. Alternative this team could be Latios> Latias with roost+defog, HW on Lopu > toxic. Also you can change lando's item to yache if you feel electric types are problem. Enjoy
Jirachi @ Expert Belt
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 132 Atk / 160 SpA / 216 Spe
Mild Nature
- Iron Head
- Icy Wind
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

Latias @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Defog
- Healing Wish

Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Toxic

Talonflame @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 200 Atk / 60 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Swords Dance
- Will-O-Wisp

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Koga-sama build this team with my tutee Luxray and end up being really good ngl. I change your raikou set to a more usefull tbh, then add Latios with Surf to lure tran for Zor, being my keld check, volc check and hazard removal. After that i just complete the team with a solid defensive core on Hippo + Rotom, rotom for bird spam and sand check. Hippo gives the team rocks, and a solid answer for electric types and physical attackers. And last magma tran to deal with stall, or fat mons in general, but the main niche of this set here is to get rid off opposing rotom for Zor. Enjoy.
Raikou @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Calm Mind
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- Swords Dance
- U-turn

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Roost
- Defog

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Def / 84 SpD
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 236 HP / 144 Def / 128 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Heatran @ Power Herb
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 120 HP / 136 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Solar Beam
- Earth Power
- Magma Storm

Last edited:
Happy to join the shop guys!

Sceptile-Mega (M) @ Sceptilite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Naive Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Earthquake

So, i think this guy is really awesome as a late game cleaner and revenge killer thanks to its great speed and it's immunity to paralysis, but i've had a lot of trouble building around it. The strategy should be to weaken the opposing team with the other teammates and then clean late game with Sceptile. I would be really pleased if you manage to build a team around this dragon. Thank you very much!
Hey man, I have a team ready for this. I'll post when I get home!

Hi KrazyCake!

Requested Core:

Importable (Click!)

Team Preview:

Description:

I was honestly quite skeptical of the core at first, but after using it in practice I think Metagross + Hawlucha is quite a cool core, especially with how easily Metagross tends to draw in and weaken potential Hawlucha roadblocks like Slowbro and defensive Lando. Anyway, first thing I took note of was how the core is complete Talonflame fodder, as well as fodder for Slowbro + fat grounds in general. Here, Rotom-W works nicely and gives the build a solid check to sand and birds while keeping up momentum via Volt Switch. Next, I realized that the build was relatively weak to Scizor-Mega even with the presence of Rotom (faster Bug Bite variants can outspeed Rotom-W and KO even when Rotom is relatively healthy); I also looked for something to check huge threats in today's meta like Sableye and Zard-X. Heatran provides a ton of role compression with its Taunt + Rocks utility set, providing a check to non-EQ Zard-X, Sableye, Scizor, and a bunch of other massive threats. In addition to the aforementioned benefits of running Heatran, it also acts as a supplementary Talonflame check and supplementary Lati switch-in—the latter being particularly nice as Metagross doesn't enjoy being worn down by continual Lati@s Dracos. Scarf Lando-T and Latios are basically required glue at this point, with the former providing a means of dealing with EQ Zard-X and huge physical threats like Lopunny, and the latter serving as the obligatory Keld switchin and Rotom-W sponge.

I'll briefly cover my options as far as sets since I made some interesting decisions. Latios is running Surf + HP Fire to better dismantle common defensive cores since I felt Metagross was too pressured to do so; Metagross is running bolt-beam punches to lure in Lando/Slowbro with Bullet Punch to prevent Weavile from steamrolling. Some threats to look out for would include Ice Punch Lopunny and Weavile, as neither have guaranteed switchins on this build. However, there are certainly counterplays to both, with scarf Lando helping vs. Lop and BP Metagross being able to guaranteedly KO Weavile with BP after a tiny bit of prior damage (roughly 10% iirc).

Hope you enjoy! :o

Replays:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-412270719
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-412277973

Also, glad to be a part of the shop! Looking forward to building with you guys.

Hiya, I'd like it if you could build around mega Gyra and Bisharp for me,I think the two can put in a lot of work together pressuring each others checks like keldeo, rotom, and ferrothorn etc they also make a really cool dark spam core.

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Waterfall/Earthquake
- Ice Fang/Substitute/Earthquake

Bisharp @ Life Orb/Lum/Black Glasses
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Thank you c:
Taking! Looks like fun and have wanted to build around these two for awhile.

Core: by garbos

/
Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off
- Belly Drum

Sceptile @ Sceptilite
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Earthquake

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 192 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 68 SpD / 172 Spe
Careful Nature
- Taunt
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Soft-Boiled

Tornadus-Therian @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Superpower

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 132 Def / 128 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Hey garbos, this was a fun team to build. Mega Sceptile is a fun 'mon for pressuring common offense teams that rely on Mega Manectric and Mega Lopunny as their main speed control. One of its biggest issues, though, that it's easily pressured out by Weavile's Ice Shard and by Amoonguss, which walls it to kingdom come and will stay healthy forever throughout the game. Belly Drum Azumarill mitigates both of those issues by being able to beat Weavile and OHKO Amoonguss with a +6 Knock Off. It also provides the team with an actual switch in to Heatran, since you can't afford to be hard switching Mega Sceptile as often. The two 'mons are still relatively weak to Mega Lopunny and opposing balances with a heavy breaker like Kyurem-Black, so a fast stallbreaker Mew is a good fit here that also takes advantage of Sceptile's ability to lure Heatran. It's also very fast, which lets it check non Lum Berry Bisharp with Will-O-Wisp and Mega Heracross that have already Mega'd. 279 Speed outspeeds Adamant Excadrill outside of Sand and Timid Heatran, so that you can Wisp, Knock Off, or Taunt respectively. A Heatran of our own provides Stealth Rock, a primary Charizard X check, a Latios check, and a Calm Mind Clefable check alongside Mew. Taunt and Toxic are standard, but are essential for putting pressure on both Charizard formes. It also takes on non-Taunt Talonflame, which are otherwise a massive nuisance for Sceptile and Mew. Rotom-Wash is a necessary pivot for the team, providing a secondary bird check while also tanking hits from most Mega Metagross and spreading Will-O-Wisp. It also reliably takes on Sand Rush Excadrill, which otherwise has its way with the team bar Azumarill's Aqua Jet.

The last slot really is about which 'mon you're more inclined to lose to. Mega Charizard Y is a huge threat that otherwise bodies the team without Latios, but SubSeed Serperior is going to roll right through if you don't have Tornadus-T. I preferred running Tornadus in testing, but you can use Latios if you prefer. Either are essential for taking on Keldeo and Breloom, though, which have some fun otherwise. You can also try using physically defensive Mew if you want to handle Lopunny a bit better, but specially defensive is far more reliable at checking Kyurem-Black which kind of bodies most of the squad. Replay here against dukevesper who consistently ranges in the 1900s on ladder. Have fun man [:

ok builders I want cash. anyone and their mom can build with shit like keld+trapper, sd lo chomp, etc (not insulting builders or requester here, just sayin it's kinda a bland choice). But I want heat.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Band
Adamant/Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Knock Off/Superpower

252+ Atk Choice Band Landorus-T Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 88+ Def Ferrothorn: 195-231 (55.3 - 65.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Landorus-T Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 80+ Def Mega Slowbro: 151-178 (38.3 - 45.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and 1 layer of Spikes - this is still impressive as fuck
252+ Atk Choice Band Landorus-T Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 255-301 (64.8 - 76.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Landorus-T Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Quagsire: 234-276 (59.3 - 70%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

the list goes on and on. Say hello to the most cash set ever.

feel free to change moves n shit. enjoy.
Bandorus.

This one's mine

I can see that the workshop is closed but I have a question for later. The first post says very clearly:
  • If you want a team with a Pokemon below or in the C+ rank of the OU Viability thread here your request must be only that single Pokemon; For example if you want a team around Hawlucha, you cannot pair it with another Pokemon even if they are perfect together. Otherwise we won't take it or it would be rejected.
People are still requesting Pokemon below the C+ rank and teams are being built with them. Does this mean that the rule is now out of place? It would be nice to know.

I can see that the workshop is closed but I have a question for later. The first post says very clearly:
  • If you want a team with a Pokemon below or in the C+ rank of the OU Viability thread here your request must be only that single Pokemon; For example if you want a team around Hawlucha, you cannot pair it with another Pokemon even if they are perfect together. Otherwise we won't take it or it would be rejected.
People are still requesting Pokemon below the C+ rank and teams are being built with them. Does this mean that the rule is now out of place? It would be nice to know.
They are requesting a single Pokemon below C+ rank, which still follows the rule.

Daddy's back
(I hope 3 'mon cores are okay to request. I didn't see any rule preventing the request of them, so that's why I'm requesting one now.)
View attachment 66202 View attachment 66203 View attachment 66204
This is the already awesome Keldeo + Pursuit Trapper core complemented by Specially Defensive Jirachi, a pokémon rising in popularity that lures specific pokémon for Keldeo and offers a safe wall to back against. It also lures certain Fire-types and Fire type moves for Tyranitar to safely switch into. Jirachi also covers the Fairy weakness of the core and can cripple many pokémon with Body Slam for the slower Tyranitar. It also has semi-reliable recovery move in Wish and can pass 202 HP Wishes to Keldeo or Tyranitar. For the roles; Tyranitar is used as the wallbreaker and Pursuit Trapper, Keldeo is the second wallbreaker and lastly, Jirachi is the pivot that offers Wish support.

So... moving on to how I've chosen this core. I've been in love with choiced Tyranitar sets recently and wanted to try BandTtar in a balance team. I believe BandTtar is the better choiced set to use for Pursuit Trapping as it doesn't miss the OHKO's on the Lati's with Pursuit and doesn't need that much of speed for this role, which gives it the remaining EV's to bolster its bulk. I decided to use Keldeo with this Tyranitar variant, as I thought Tyranitar's ability to Pursuit-trap pesky Lati's and Starmie would be helpful to the musketeer. Keldeo is a pokémon that I frequently use, I really like its wallbreaking capabilities and the huge offensive pressure it applies on the foe. I previously used Keldeo with Life Orb Weavile because I wanted to see the destructive power of these two offensive powerhouses, but soon wanted a more reliable Pursuit Trapper.

Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 8 HP / 252 Atk / 248 Spe (default, for Mega Hera) OR 56 HP / 252 Atk / 200 Spe (for Heatran) OR 180 HP / 252 Atk / 76 Spe (for Skarmory)
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Superpower / Ice Punch

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Icy Wind / Hidden Power [Electric]

Jirachi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Body Slam / Toxic
- Wish
- Protect /Toxic / Stealth Rock

Choice Banded Tyranitar was EV'ed to dispose of Heatran leads with Superpower on Turn 1 and to dent Mega Heracross with Stone Edge before it destroys the Godzilla of the Sand with Close Combat. Ice Punch is slashed since lead Heatran seems to be getting rarer and it's taken care of by Keldeo anyways. This makes outspeeding Skarmory sufficient, too. I almost always use the standard Specs Keldeo set. Even though Tyranitar takes care of the Lati's, I didn't want them to use Defog freely so I kept Icy Wind. Specially Defensive Jirachi uses Body Slam instead of Toxic to mitigate the rather slow balance archetype and Protect was added to barely survive some specific 2HKO's thanks to the Leftovers recovery, scout moves, bluff switches along with Wish, and to safely get the Wish recovery.

I'm okay with these changes if it will make the team more viable:

The team can be altered to bulky offense if balance turns out to be impossible to form with the core.
Keldeo can use the SubCM set if having two choiced pokémon in the team is not a good idea, and I might need a setup sweeper for my balance team.
The default Tyranitar set I've included is EV'ed to outpace standard Mega Heracross since I'm paranoid about that 'mon. If the built team won't have difficulties with it, outspeeding Heatran is fine by me.
I'd like to keep the moves on Tyranitar and Keldeo. I want Tyranitar to donk Heatran leads and Keldeo to punish Lati@s switch-ins. If those threats are covered with the lead (or anti-lead) and the rest of the team, any tweak to their sets are welcome. Just saying, my first thought on Keldeo for the last slot was HP Electric for Gyara switch-ins.
Taking.

Core: by Drangonn.

Magnezone @ Chople Berry
EVs: 68 HP / 212 SpA / 228 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
- Thunder Wave

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 16 HP / 240 Atk / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Stealth Rock
- Protect

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Band
EVs: 236 Atk / 24 Def / 248 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Explosion

EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Heat Wave

Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 56 HP / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Substitute
- Leech Seed

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Electric]

So to begin with Band Landorus is not a good mon in general. Period. It's a funny meme that will almost always be suboptimal. You requested heat, though, so that's what you're getting. Explosion lets you OHKO regular Slowbro after Stealth Rock and Tangrowth after a bit of chip and Rocks. 24 Def makes your Lopunny and CharX rolls a little cleaner as well. However, Band Landorus, unlike nearly every other Landorus, cannot punish Metagross unless it's not already Mega Evolved, so you need good counterplay to Mega Metagross that carry Ice Punch + Hammer Arm. Chople + Thunder Wave Magnezone switches in every attack that isn't Hammer Arm and can paralyze it, neutering its effectiveness. Volt Switch gives you an additional source of momentum, letting you get a slow switch off if you've not spread a Thunder Wave so that you can bring in Band Landorus safely. 68 HP lets it tank Draco Meteor + Hidden Power Fire from Latios after Rocks 100% of the time, which helps quite a bit.

At this point the core is quite slow and doesn't have a lot of defensive utility for birds, which are being spammed on the ladder. Physical Mega Diancie helps with both of those issues and takes advantage of Magnezone's ability to remove Ferrothorn and Mega Scizor, giving you the ability to tie at worst with Latios and below. Rocks Heatran didn't make sense with a Magnezone and neither did stacking Metagross weaks by Diancie + Clefable, so Diancie has Stealth Rock. You get Rocks pretty consistently against stall this way. Physical because if it's not you have to be sack a 'mon to weaken Mega Gardevoir from team preview. The core gets swept by Scald, Serperior, and Surf Latios, so Assault Vest Tornadus-T is a good fit in the next slot that also takes on Tangrowth and provides U-Turn to help bring Band Landorus in more often. Knock Off can remove Skarmory's Shed Shell and Chansey's Eviolite to help Magnezone trap for Band Landorus to get kills. However, if you need a more cash means of beating stall, Colbur CM Latios can work in this slot, luring out Weavile that think they can Pursuit you and then CM + Draco'ing + Psyshocking every single 'mon on stall. Rotom-W is a huge threat at this point, so SubSeed Serperior is a good fit that takes advantage of Rotom-W to set up Substitutes and start throwing out Leaf Storms. Leech Seed is preferred for survivability and weakening Heatran, which is somewhat annoying to handle, but Glare can work for double paralysis to ensure that Band Landorus is able to outspeed faster checks like opposing Tornadus and Latios. Finally, I'm not into clicking X against Weavile on offensive teams and the team's in need of another Lopunny check / general revenge killer, so Choice Scarf Keldeo fits in the last slot. Also revenge kills Mega Gyarados which is kind of crucial given that it can literally set up on Tornadus-T and sweep the entire team.

You don't have a lot of bulk at all because, well, you have Band Landorus so you can't forfeit momentum at any point. More standard variants of the team end up closer to Lopunny / Landorus / Latios / Clefable / Rotom-W / Jirachi, which is more consistent but boring (just use TDK's Gravity Landorus there), and of course the aforementioned Colbur CM Latios > Tornadus-T. I can provide replays upon request. Have fun man [:

Last edited:
Core: by Drangonn.

Magnezone @ Chople Berry
EVs: 68 HP / 212 SpA / 228 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
- Thunder Wave

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 16 HP / 240 Atk / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Stealth Rock
- Protect

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Band
EVs: 236 Atk / 24 Def / 248 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Explosion

EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Heat Wave

Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 56 HP / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Substitute
- Leech Seed

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Electric]

So to begin with Band Landorus is not a good mon in general. Period. It's a funny meme that will almost always be suboptimal. You requested heat, though, so that's what you're getting. Explosion lets you OHKO regular Slowbro after Stealth Rock and Tangrowth after a bit of chip and Rocks. 24 Def makes your Lopunny and CharX rolls a little cleaner as well. However, Band Landorus, unlike nearly every other Landorus, cannot punish Metagross unless it's not already Mega Evolved, so you need good counterplay to Mega Metagross that carry Ice Punch + Hammer Arm. Chople + Thunder Wave Magnezone switches in every attack that isn't Hammer Arm and can paralyze it, neutering its effectiveness. Volt Switch gives you an additional source of momentum, letting you get a slow switch off if you've not spread a Thunder Wave so that you can bring in Band Landorus safely. 68 HP lets it tank Draco Meteor + Hidden Power Fire from Latios after Rocks 100% of the time, which helps quite a bit.

At this point the core is quite slow and doesn't have a lot of defensive utility for birds, which are being spammed on the ladder. Physical Mega Diancie helps with both of those issues and takes advantage of Magnezone's ability to remove Ferrothorn and Mega Scizor, giving you the ability to tie at worst with Latios and below. Rocks Heatran didn't make sense with a Magnezone and neither did stacking Metagross weaks by Diancie + Clefable, so Diancie has Stealth Rock. You get Rocks pretty consistently against stall this way. Physical because if it's not you have to be sack a 'mon to weaken Mega Gardevoir from team preview. The core gets swept by Scald, Serperior, and Surf Latios, so Assault Vest Tornadus-T is a good fit in the next slot that also takes on Tangrowth and provides U-Turn to help bring Band Landorus in more often. Knock Off can remove Skarmory's Shed Shell and Chansey's Eviolite to help Magnezone trap for Band Landorus to get kills. However, if you need a more cash means of beating stall, Colbur CM Latios can work in this slot, luring out Weavile that think they can Pursuit you and then CM + Draco'ing + Psyshocking every single 'mon on stall. Rotom-W is a huge threat at this point, so SubSeed Serperior is a good fit that takes advantage of Rotom-W to set up Substitutes and start throwing out Leaf Storms. Leech Seed is preferred for survivability and weakening Heatran, which is somewhat annoying to handle, but Glare can work for double paralysis to ensure that Band Landorus is able to outspeed faster checks like opposing Tornadus and Latios. Finally, I'm not into clicking X against Weavile on offensive teams and the team's in need of another Lopunny check / general revenge killer, so Choice Scarf Keldeo fits in the last slot. Also revenge kills Mega Gyarados which is kind of crucial given that it can literally set up on Tornadus-T and sweep the entire team.

You don't have a lot of bulk at all because, well, you have Band Landorus so you can't forfeit momentum at any point. More standard variants of the team end up closer to Lopunny / Landorus / Latios / Clefable / Rotom-W / Jirachi, which is more consistent but boring (just use TDK's Gravity Landorus there), and of course the aforementioned Colbur CM Latios > Tornadus-T. I can provide replays upon request. Have fun man [:
thx for not being boring fam

love ya

false

maybe this is heaven
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a defending SPL Championis a defending SCL Champion
ericaroselia's core:

Kimi Komori (Crawdaunt) @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Crabhammer
- Aqua Jet
- Swords Dance

Chie Arai (Charizard-Mega-X) @ Charizardite X
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Dragon Dance
- Swords Dance

Kaere Kimura (Jirachi) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 16 HP / 252 Atk / 240 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Heart Stamp
- U-turn
- Healing Wish

Tarou Sekiutsu (Landorus-Therian) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 28 SpD / 96 Spe
Impish Nature
IVs: 30 Spe
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stealth Rock

Ai Kaga (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 40 Def / 220 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Meru Otonashi (Latios) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Defog
- Roost

OR

Kimi Komori (Crawdaunt) @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Crabhammer
- Aqua Jet
- Swords Dance

Chie Arai (Charizard-Mega-X) @ Charizardite X
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Dragon Dance
- Swords Dance

Kaere Kimura (Jirachi) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 220 SpD / 36 Spe
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Healing Wish

Tarou Sekiutsu (Landorus-Therian) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 72 HP / 204 Atk / 232 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Ai Kaga (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 40 Def / 220 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Meru Otonashi (Latios) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Defog
- Roost
First off, sorry that this took so long. I had planned to get this done the same week I took on the core, but I've been super busy recently and also had some real trouble creating a Crawdaunt build that hadn't been done before. Most versions with Mega Diancie are going to end up looking like team Cosine180 used vs Whitequeen. Most Mega Manectric variants are pretty generic looking, and you'll usually end up packing Craw + Manec + Water + Ground + Filler similar to the builds used by people like Shake and NJNP in OLT. Zard X and Lopunny were pretty much the only other megas that fit nicely with Crawdaunt so I tried out Lopunny, built about 3 teams, but didn't really like anything I came up with. This was the first team I made pairing Crawdaunt with Zard X and I really liked it.

So I started out with Crawdaunt. I think if you're going to use Crawdaunt, Jolly nature is pretty much always the way to go. It doesn't really miss out on many KOs when compared to Adamant, but the extra Speed is absolutely crucial allowing Crawdaunt to outpace and OHKO stuff like Rotom-W, Defensive Landorus-T, and Choice Band Tyranitar. Mega Charizard X was the mega partner that I chose, and greatly appreciates Crawdaunt's ability to beat up on bulky Ground-types like Landorus-T and Hippowdon whilst also luring and beating annoying stuff like Ferrothorn which stops Charizard from having to take 1 million in recoil from Flare Blitz and Iron Barbs. After realising that I didn't need Earthquake on Zard X since I had Crawdaunt to beat Heatran, I looked for other options to put in the 4th moveslot. Roost is obviously the first option that comes to mind, however, I decided to test out a fun set that I hadn't seen anyone use before which was Dragon Dance + Swords Dance. My mindset was with all the stall on the ladder right now, there's pretty much no team which will be able to stomach the combination of SD Crawdaunt + SD Zard X, but I also got to keep Dragon Dance for the offense matchup. SD Zard X is seriously insane, OHKOing Azumarill, Rotom-W, Landorus-T after a Swords Dance, and even 2HKOing Heatran. Double Dance also has the benefit of the element of surprise. You can SD up on their initial switchin to their counter (Lando-T etc), kill it with Flare Blitz, then Healing Wish Zard X back to Dragon Dance up and win in the late game since no one expects you to have both boosting moves, so once you reveal one, they'll assume you don't have the other.

After that, I added Jirachi and Landorus-T pretty much at the same time, and they work interchangeably as a Stealth Rock setter and Choice Scarfer. Scarf Jirachi + Defensive Landorus makes the team a bit more solid vs Choice Scarf Excadrill, Birdspam, Mega Lopunny, and Mega Medicham. Scarf Landorus + Defensive Jirachi is better vs Latios, Mega Gardevoir, Clefable, and Kyurem-B. It really comes down to personal preference. Either way, Jirachi provides Healing Wish support which is great support for both Crawdaunt and Zard X who can be worn down quickly, and Landorus provides a Ground immunity and just generally patches up the team either as a blanket physical wall, or as a revenge killer. Rotom-W adds a needed answer to stuff like Will-O-Wisp Talonflame, Azumarill, Tornadus-T and just generally is a good Pokemon to use alongside wallbreakers like Crawdaunt and Zard X since it lures passive Pokemon ie. Clefable, Ferrothorn, and Mega Venusaur which Mega Charizard X destroys. In the last slot I added Latios, an obligatory Electric and Water that can also Defog for Zard X.

Nicknames from SZS. Replays here and here, as well as this gem which showcased the team decimating Tele's OLT stall piloted by Arifeen. Enjoy!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)