Resource Pet Mods Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
It's been two months. Is the thread open yet?
No, because of all the pet mods already. When some die out then they will let people give out more suggestions
I believe a lot of Pet Mods are still active right now, so I don't think it would be appropriate to reopen yet. I'm no admin or moderator but I do believe what I and The Main Mon has been saying.

I think it is best idea to check what aren't done yet as a Pet Mod before the submission thread re-open, like finding a way to make it stand out among the flows of many Pet Mods.

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
At long last, Pet Mod Submissions are open once again! Please be sure to read over the rules at the first post in the thread before posting, and only ever post here if your idea is finalized. If you wan't a place where you can share an idea and work on it before submitting, please do so in the Workshop. Furthermore, if your post isn't a pet mod submission, do not post it. This thread is exclusively for people to submit their mods and mods to approve or decline them.

That is all, enjoy!

ViZar

your toast is burned
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Image.png
Pet Mod Concept: This mod will make Ubers suited for NatDex OU.
Explanation: Ubers will get nerfs that makes them more suited for NatDex OU. Those nerfs will depend on the Pokémon itself and there are certain rules made for them.
Mythicals must keep their BST of 600. Also the changes that are made to them, have to fit their main trade as a mythical.
e.g. Techno Blast must be a viable option on Genesect, Landorus-I has to have a weather/terrain related playstyle etc.
Megas must have 100 BST more than their base form. However, changes that can make the base form worse won't be accepted.
e.g. Meaning that Mega-Alakazam cannot loose Nasty Plot and Mega-Blastoise cannot loose Shell Smash.
Box Legendaries have their BST decreased to 570 and their forms would have a BST of 600. Custom Elements are allowed, rules depend and limitations on the slate and Pokémon in question.
e.g. Palkia would get a BST of 570, while something like Necrozma-Dusk-Mane gets a 600 BST
In addition to that, banned abilities, moves, items and other mechanics will be adjusted for NatDex OU play.

1. Slate Ideas
The Council will decide on 2-4 Pokémon. The Community can make suggestions and can decide on it as well.

2. Submission Slate
Slates will be 3-4 days long. Rules will vary based on the Slate and its Pokémon.

3. Voting Phase
Voting will last 1-2 days and it will have the same rules as Mega Revolution:
Voting phase lasts for around a day or two. In the voting phase, users vote for their preferred submissions and the winning submissions are added to the role compendium and spreadsheet.
The voting format is as follows:

Role in question: 1st preferred option, 2nd preferred option, 3rd preferred option.

[SPOILER = Self Voting]
Note: These self voting rules and the explanation are from good user lyd, slightly adapted to fit this pet mod
If you want to vote for yourself now, it gets slightly more complicated. You can always keep voting for yourself as second, but you can change the order a bit, for as long as the number of self-votes equals 2x the number of submissions you made. Let's use some examples to make it more understandable:

Stallbreaker: Yoshiblaze, Lyd, Ludicrousity
Special Wall: Ludicrousity, Lyd, Yoshiblaze
Defensive Pivot: Ludicrousity, Lyd, Yoshiblaze

So this voting format is good, cuz' Lyd voted for himself as second three times, and when you add everything up, he gave himself 6 votes, which is fine, as it is exactly the number of submissions he made for the slate x2. However, say he liked his Stallbreaker submission a lot, and he really wants it to win, he can play around with his votes a little bit:

Stallbreaker: Lyd, Yoshiblaze, Ludicrousity
Defensive Pivot: Ludicrousity, Yoshiblaze, Lyd

So to make his Stallbreaker first vote, he moved his Defensive Pivot self-vote to last. Makes sense, right? And when you add up the votes, 3 + 2 + 1 = 6 which is exactly what he wants. Let's say that he likes his Special Wall and Defensive Pivot submissions more, and he didn't like his Stallbreaker submission too much. He can do this:

Stallbreaker: Yoshiblaze, Ludicrousity, G-Luke
Special Wall: Lyd, Ludicrousity, Yoshiblaze
Defensive Pivot: Lyd, Ludicrousity, Yoshiblaze

3 + 3 adds up to six, so he's good to that. Small note that this can't be done if he made no Stallbreaker submission because if that was the case, the number of submissions he made x2 would actually end up as 4, which isn't enough. Also, had he only made a single submission, he'd always have to self-vote as #2 or lower because making only one submission gives him only two self-vote points. We hope that was clear, if you had any trouble to understand this, feel free to PM anyone from the council and we'll explain it as best as we can.

Miscellaneous: This mod would be led by a council. The idea for the first slate exists already and people can sub new ideas for future slates, just like in M4A.
Slate 1: Come as you are
:ss/genesect: :ss/shaymin-sky: :ss/landorus:

Last edited:

Tapler

Coral Bitch
is a Top Social Media Contributor
Weather Wars Redux
Do you remember the good old days of Gen 5, when infinite weather reigned supreme? Its presence made for some very unique teambuilding and play, and what I and many others consider to be the most fun OU metagame of all time, especially in late BW2 once everything had been balanced out. Weather Wars is a long-forgotten OM that brings back infinite weather, but whereas the original would have banned anything problematic, Weather Wars Redux will instead adhere to the Gen 8 OU banlist and rebalance anything that proves problematic, with the end goal being a meta where teams based around any weather or even weatherless builds can shine.

As mentioned above, Weather Wars is a Gen 8-based mod that revolves around a mechanical change where field conditions summoned by abilities last until they’re cleared or replaced, like they did prior to Gen 6. This includes Drizzle, Drought, Sand Stream, and Snow Warning like in the past, as well as Sand Spit. This will obviously break some mons, but Weather Wars will adhere to the Gen 8 OU ruleset and banlist, and that’s where the Pet Mod part of things comes into play.

The primary objective of Weather Wars is to balance out the metagame by nerfing or reworking Pokemon, Moves, and Abilities that become problematic under infinite weather, while ensuring that they remain viable. Regular slates will focus on a handful of these at a time, alongside useless weather or terrain-related features that could really use a buff. The secondary objective of the mod is to have teams based around any weather be equally viable while also allowing weatherless teams to remain strong, which will definitely require some buffs to certain archetypes (*cough* Hail *cough*). As such, there will also be occasional free-for-all slates in which you can modify Pokemon in order to fill a designated hole in the meta. Once these two objectives have been satisfied, the mod will be complete, though it may still need some tweaks as the meta further develops.

In regards to the management side of things, I’ll be leading the mod alone, at least initially. It is slate-based and will follow the generic Submissions -> Voting -> Discussion system. Each slate will fall into one of two categories: Standard or Free-For-All. Standard slates will focus on a few (typically four, but possibly more or less depending on the situation) Pokemon, moves, or abilities at a time. In most cases they will have to retain certain elements of themselves, which will be specified on a case-by-case basis. As long as you operate within that, you can modify a slate’s subjects however you want, as long as the result is balanced and doesn’t involve any completely original custom elements (ie custom moves or abilities that are not products of the mod). Standard slates will follow a modified version of the Lyd voting system, with three points worth of self votes for the first sub and one additional point for each additional sub. Free-For-All slates will be far rarer and likely for Pokemon-only, focussing on a very generic role such as something as simple as “Hail abuser”. They will use a simpler voting system, with each user having 6 identically-valued votes and up to 3 self votes.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk

Last edited:

1614710252984.png

(Banner by me)
Do you wish that more branch evolutions existed for a wider variety of Pokémon to use competitively? Or do you wish that more branched evolutions existed in general? If you have one of both of those wishes, then Branched Potential is definitely for you! In this Pet Mod, we will create a branched evolution for every Pokémon in the National Dex.
Concept
As said above, the community will try to make a branched evolution for every Pokémon with or without an evolution. This Pet Mod will also be in the National Dex format because of the wider variety of Pokémon. Since that is really all I can say about it, I’ll move onto the rules.
Rules & Explanation
Remember, every single Non-Legendary Pokémon can have a branched evolution. There may be some special slates where weak legendaries get new evolutions, though.​
  • Types :eevee:
    • The new branched evolution must keep the original evolution’s primary typing.​
    • You are also allowed to remove the original Pokémon’s secondary typing.​
    • Also, this is just a note, but keep some flavor in mind when giving a new type.​
  • Abilities :slowpoke: :slowpoke-galar:
    • You must keep two (or one, it depends) of the original evolution’s abilities, and if a ability is going to change, it’s most likely it’s Hidden Ability.​
    • Also, keep some flavor in mind as well while giving new abilities.​
  • Stats :ralts:
    • The new branched evolution’s BST must equal the original evolution’s BST.​
    • When you make the branched evolution’s stats, do whatever you’d like! (Add and Subtract stats from OG evolution, etc.) You may not boost an stat that is above 150, but you can always switch stats.
    • If you wish to make a new branched evolution for a one staged or two staged Pokémon, they get a boost in their BST, depending on their existing BST.
    • 530 to 600 BST - 0+
      525 to 500 BST - 30+
      499 to 480 BST - 45+
      479 to 465 BST - 60+
      464 to 455 BST - 70+
      454 to 440 BST - 95+
      439 to 400 BST - 105+
      399 to 300 BST - 145+
      299 to 250 BST - 230+
    • If you make a Mega for the new branched evolution, just remember to add the +100 stat boost.
    • Also, please don min/max your submissions!
  • Moves :clamperl:
    • If you want to have new moves, you must subtract some from the existing evolution. You can +/- up to 20 moves.
    • If you add a new typing to a single typed Pokémon, you can add 10 free moves.
  • Miscellaneous :snorunt:
    • If the original evolution has a Mega Evolution, the new branched evolution can get one as well. This rule goes for Z-Moves as well.
    • The weight for the new branched evolution must be +/- 30 kg.
    • The height for the new branched evolution must be +/- 2m.
  • Pokémon that cannot have a new branched evolution :nincada:
    • Oddish, Poliwag, Slowpoke, Slowpoke-Galar, Exeggcute, Cubone, Koffing, Eevee, Pichu, Tyrouge, Wurmple, Ralts, Nincada, Snorunt, Clamperl, Burmy, Mime Jr., Rockruff, Applin, Toxel
Now that the rules are finished, here is a submission template and sample for you!
:pokemon: or if you want to use big sprites, use this link. (Click on sprites and choose the fourth option)
Name:
Typing:
Height:
Weight:
Abilities:
Stats:

New Moves:
Removed Moves:
Flavor/Design:

Competitive Description:

(If you add a Mega, just add it in a hide in your submission.)

Name: Charivern
Typing:

Height:
1.9m
Weight: 98 kg
Abilities: Blaze / Reckless
Stats: 78 / 109 / 85 / 84 / 78 / 100 (Swapped Physical Stats with Special Stats)

New Moves: Draco Meteor, Close Combat, Iron Head (3)
Removed Moves: Fling, Fury Cutter, Mud-Slap (3)
Flavor/Design: Imagine Mega-Charizard X looking like a regular Charizard.

Competitive Description: DD Sweeper.

You are also allowed to submit up to the limit of new branched evolutions you can make in a slate. (For example, if there was a slate where four Pokémon are featured, you can have up to 4 submissions.)
Phases
- The submission phase will usually last for 5 days. Use that time to submit the best submissions you can!
- The voting phase lasts for 5 days as well. Vote for the submissions you think are good!
- The discussion phase will last for 1 day. Discuss about the winners and what you think about them!
You can vote up to 5 people’s submissions. If you want to vote yourself, you must not vote yourself in 1st place.
And now, for the voting template:
:venusaur: - Person 1, Person 2, Person 3, Person 4, Person 5
:charizard: - Person 2, Person 3, Person 1, Person 5, Person 4
:blastoise: - Person 3, Person 1, Person 2, Person 4, Person 5

Council
I am the Impostor
kakaks
Paulluxx
TheUltraFinder
Looking for council members! DM me if you’d like to be in council. Must have competitive experience IG.

Thanks for reading this post, and have a good day! :)​

Last edited:
:glastrier: :spectrier:
Pet Mod Name: Steed For Speed (Name WIP)
Pet Mod Concept: In this Pet Mod, we will be creating Rider-style Pokemon fusions. i.e. A slate where we use horse-style mons crossed with Medival-inspired pokemon to make a cavalier.
Explanation: In each Slate, Me/The Council would pick a theme (see example above) or pick a certain pokemon to make a Rider pokemon from. They would all be usable in Gen 8 Natdex OU, which is also the format for the Pet Mod. It is possible that we would have a different way than how they did with Calyrex's Rider forms, which I believe were "quarter non-hp base stats and add them to the horse." I have yet to decide.
Miscellaneous: This will probably be run by a council, since Idk how to code on smogon yet :P, otherwise, that's all!

(Side Note: I had this idea back when subs were closed, so it has been in my brain for a while)

:sm/jynx::sm/electabuzz::sm/magmar: -> :sm/magmortar::sm/electivire::sm/unown-question:
Pet Mod Name: Missing Links
Pet Mod Concept: It's probably just me, but one thing I absolutely hate that Game Freak does is establish two or more Pokémon as counterparts of each other, then proceed to abandon that later by only giving one of them an evolution, Mega Evolution, Regional form, or whatever.
Explanation: In this National Dex OU-based Pet Mod, we fill in the unfinished pairs by introducing new Regional forms, evolutions, Mega Evolutions, prevolutions, and stat buffs. Each slate would give a few Pokémon that would need these additions. Rules would vary based on the type of addition the Pokémon needs. Simple custom elements, like clones of moves/abilities, moves/abilities with very simple effects, and stuff like flavor items, would be allowed.
Butterfree was a counterpart to Beedrill in Gens 1-5, but didn't receive a Mega Evolution in Gen 6, so the mod would add a Mega Evolution
Arcanine was a counterpart to Ninetales in Gens 1-6, but didn't receive a Regional form in Gen 7, so the mod would add a Regional form
Jynx was a counterpart to Magmar & Electabuzz in Gens 1-3 but didn't receive an evolution in Gen 4, so the mod would add an evolution
The Bellsprout line was a counterpart to the Oddish line in Gen 1, but they didn't receive a split evolution in Gen 2, so the mod would add a split evolution
Skarmory was a counterpart to Mantine in Gens 2-3, but didn't receive a prevolution in Gen 4, so the mod would add a prevolution
Dustox is a counterpart to Beautifly via evolution line, but didn't receive a +10 stat boost in Gen 6, so the mod would add +10 to its BST

Miscellaneous:
- Pet Mod would be run by a council, which would currently just be me right now
- National Dex OU-based, but the main focus of the mod is flavor, though submitters can still make their subs OU-viable
- Due to the simplicity of the mod and because there wouldn't be that many slates, it would likely be fully playable very quickly

Pet Mod Name: Super Smash Mons
Pet Mod Concept: A mod where we create Pokemon that represent Smash Bros. Characters! Similar to Crossover Chaos except we can add any character we like regardless of whether they originate from a video game or not. Players may submit ideas for additions to Super Smash Mons, and would essentially be Smash Bros except in a turn based format.

Example User Submission:

Mario
Type: Normal
Ability: Power-Up(This Pokemon can either: Dynamax for a turn, gain the Flying Type in for the rest of the battle, gain Ice type in place for the rest of the battle, gain the Fire type for the rest of the battle, or transform into Cat Mario(another submission possibility). The secondary type is the only one that changes, in other words, Mario will always be Normal/[Type]

Learned Moves: High Jump Kick, Blaze Kick, (etc you get the idea)

Like this, we would add one Pokemon for each character in the Smash Bros. Ultimate roster except for the Pokemon who are already in the game, who will be added as they are currently in the mainline Pokemon games. Afterwards, submissions for custom characters who are not already on the Ultimate Roster, for example Mickey Mouse, would open.

Misc:
- I don't know how to code this into Dragon Heaven, so I would probably need help with that :D

zxgzxg

scrabble
is a Forum Moderator
:honchkrow:Micrometa Mafia :murkrow:
A Clean Slate Spin-Off​
Pet Mod Concept: We will attempt to create a micrometa of adjusted Pokemon while randomly selected people will attempt to sneak in an unhealthy addition to the meta.

Slates
  • Prior to the slate, people will sign up to participate in the next slate.
  • Slate themes will be the usual slate themes for any micrometa (walls, wallbreakers, speed control, etc.)
  • Based on the number of signups, "saboteurs" will be randomly selected (probably a 3:1 ratio of normal participants to saboteurs). They will be privately assigned to submit something with a trait detrimental to a micro meta, such as a high stat or an oversaturated type. They will know who the other saboteurs are.
  • Submissions will continue as normal; participants will submit adjusted existing Pokemon (think The Pokedex Redone level of things except the name will stay the same) to fit the slate theme
  • I will not be vetoing anything for balance reasons. It is up to the participants of the slate to encourage balance and/or use the voting system to eliminate broken submissions.
Submissions
  • This mod will use the same rules as Clean Slate, which are as follows
Submission phase lasts for a few days. In the submission phase, users submit existing pokemon altered to fit the current slate. The slates will consist of a few requests for a certain role (Stallbreaker, Physical Wall, Offensive Pivot) or a mixture of several roles, which will fill up a corresponding role compendium listed below. Note that your submission can have roles apart from the one it fills, but it should first and foremost fit the slate (Think of gliscor being a stallbreaker but also working as a pretty decent defensive defogger)
The pokemon submitted can be altered in any way, whether that be through typing, stats, abilities, and/or movepools. Custom moves/abilities are allowed as long as they are clones of existing elements. Additionally, if submitting an NFE pokemon, clarify after its name if its Eviolite-compatible (e.g. Boldore (no Eviolite)). Mega-Evolutions are not allowed unless a slate specifically calls for one.

The submission format is the following (example using the OU metagame):

Name of the Pokemon: (e.g. Dragapult)
Role(s): (e.g. Offenisve Pivot, Set up Sweeper, Stallbreaker, Dual Screens)
Type: (e.g Dragon/Ghost)
Abilities: (e.g. Clear Body / Cursed Body | Infiltrator)
Stat Distribution: (e.g. 88/120/75/100/75/142)
Movepool Additions: (e.g. none)
Movepool Removals: (e.g. none)
Custom Elements: (optional, this is where you explain )
Justification: (e.g. Dragapult's most outstanding trait is its extremely high speed, naturally outspeeding all relevant Pokemon in the meta. While Dragon Dance alongside a powerful signature Dragon STAB may seem scary, it has virtually no coverage and no good Ghost STAB. On the other hand, the weaker special sets have outstanding coverage and great STAB options. Other options such as a SubDisable Stallbreaker set or dual screens is also great.)

It should be noted that all submissions should be based around the metagame- If "fast" in this pet mod ends up being around 90-100 a powerful attacker with a "poor" speed of 90 wouldn't be appropriate.

Voting
  • Vote for the top three submissions in any order. Each vote is worth one point.
  • Along with the vote for submissions, there will be a vote to eliminate the "saboteur". Participants will vote for one less the amount of saboteurs (if there are 2 sabouteurs, vote for 1 user to eliminate; if there are 3, vote 2; if there is 1, vote 1). If more than half of the participants vote for a user, they will be "eliminated" and all their submissions that round will be vetoed. You may abstain from this vote. Non-participants may not cast an elimination vote.
  • During the voting period, you may also sign up for the next slate (just end the post with "in"). In order to sign up, you must cast a submission vote. You can also vote while not signing up for the next slate.
  • The two submissions with the highest amount of votes wins. If the submission of a saboteur wins, then that sucks (Pokemon submitted by saboteurs will be labeled "-Saboteur" as a trophy of your achievement. Maybe we can recolor them if we're fancy enough). If not, hooray, a healthy meta.
Council
:quagsire:zxgzxg
:xurkitree:earl

One council member will run the slate and we will switch every slate so that we can both still participate without having an advantage.

Last edited:
Abstractmons

Pet Mod Concept:
Making Fakemons based on abstract concepts (such as "Pain", "Exhaustion", or "Viciousness"), for use in a metagame consisting of these Fakemons exclusively.

Slates

At the beginning of each slate, the council will decide on 2 to 3 concepts that participants can submit Fakemons for.

Submissions

Participants may submit up to 2 Fakemons for each concept. Each Fakemon may have one custom ability or move, but this is not required. The standard OU banlist will be used.

Voting

Participants will vote for their three favorite submissions for each concept, in order. Participants may vote for one of their own submissions per slate, and cannot give it their first vote.

Misc:
Since I have a tenuous-at-best grasp on balance, the mod will be run by a council. Feel free to message me if you want to be part of the council.

Current council members:
:gastrodon-east: Me
:dracozolt: kakaks
:obstagoon: Paulluxx

Last edited:

AquaticPanic

Community Leader
At long last, the first few new mods to be added are here! First, let's get the denied ones out of the way:

Ultimate Forms
Are you tired of Gigantmax and Megs forms, well here is a new thing for you. It’s called an ultimate form, it uses the Z-crystal mechanic of having that specific crystal to use the Z-move. But it gets a upgraded sprite, a new or upgraded ability, a new typing or secondary typing, a specific move on the Pokémon gets special effects, and each Pokémon gets +150 in there stat total. You can put them anywhere you want, so at least you make simple fun sets or complicated sets for the Pokémon. There are bans for the moves and abilities that can be used like Huge Power, Wonder Guard and Burn Up, But here’s a Pokémon that I have set up already.

Umbreon: Typing: Dark/Ghost, move with effect: Dark Pulse(has a 30% chance to paralyze opponent and becomes super effective against normal types), Ability: Wailing Appearance(basically lowers this Pokémon speed by one when entering the battlefield to boost special attack by two), and +50 in Special Attack, +30 in Physical Defense, +50 in HP, and +20 in Speed

Submission Template
——————————————————
Pokémon Getting the Ultimate Form:
New Type:
New Ability (Can be a Custom Ability too):
Move getting the Special Effect:
New special Effect:
Niche:
————————————————————-
*And legendary Pokémon can not get Ultimate Forms. maybe the UB (if people make them too overpower) can't get the forms too. but the Regi's and the lower trios and mythicals can, along with Pseudo and regular Pokémon*

This might have Slates. But I do not know for the time how they will be implemented
View attachment 317647
This feels rather too chaotic and unbalanced for a Pet Mod, as well as the fact you aren't quite experienced yet to elad a mod of your own, so I'll have to reject this one.

Pet Mod Name: Super Smash Mons
Pet Mod Concept: A mod where we create Pokemon that represent Smash Bros. Characters! Similar to Crossover Chaos except we can add any character we like regardless of whether they originate from a video game or not. Players may submit ideas for additions to Super Smash Mons, and would essentially be Smash Bros except in a turn based format.

Example User Submission:

Mario
Type: Normal
Ability: Power-Up(This Pokemon can either: Dynamax for a turn, gain the Flying Type in for the rest of the battle, gain Ice type in place for the rest of the battle, gain the Fire type for the rest of the battle, or transform into Cat Mario(another submission possibility). The secondary type is the only one that changes, in other words, Mario will always be Normal/[Type]

Learned Moves: High Jump Kick, Blaze Kick, (etc you get the idea)

Like this, we would add one Pokemon for each character in the Smash Bros. Ultimate roster except for the Pokemon who are already in the game, who will be added as they are currently in the mainline Pokemon games. Afterwards, submissions for custom characters who are not already on the Ultimate Roster, for example Mickey Mouse, would open.

Misc:
- I don't know how to code this into Dragon Heaven, so I would probably need help with that :D
This is rather simillar to Crossover Chaos. Anything that could've been done by this mod can just be submitted to Crossover Chaos instead, thus the Mods have decided to reject it.

:glastrier: :spectrier:
Pet Mod Name: Steed For Speed (Name WIP)
Pet Mod Concept: In this Pet Mod, we will be creating Rider-style Pokemon fusions. i.e. A slate where we use horse-style mons crossed with Medival-inspired pokemon to make a cavalier.
Explanation: In each Slate, Me/The Council would pick a theme (see example above) or pick a certain pokemon to make a Rider pokemon from. They would all be usable in Gen 8 Natdex OU, which is also the format for the Pet Mod. It is possible that we would have a different way than how they did with Calyrex's Rider forms, which I believe were "quarter non-hp base stats and add them to the horse." I have yet to decide.
Miscellaneous: This will probably be run by a council, since Idk how to code on smogon yet :P, otherwise, that's all!

(Side Note: I had this idea back when subs were closed, so it has been in my brain for a while)
This feels rather simillar to the Fusion Evolution mods. As such the Moderators have decided to reject it as well. If you polish out the concept a bit more to not be so much of a combination of the two mons, maybe it could've been considered. I recommend polishing out the idea in the Pet Mods Workshop!

Now for what you're all here for, the newly approved mods are...

EXTREME ROULETTEMONS
(the name is in all caps and must be referred to in all caps)

I'm sure many of you reading are already familiar with Roulettemons, but for those who aren't, Roulettemons is a mod where the Pokemon that get put in are generated randomly, with the community voting in said Pokemon so nothing unbalanced gets in. Their moves, typings, and abilities are all pulled from the abilities that already exist. EXTREME ROULETTEMONS is a spinoff takes things a step further and doesn't just generate the Pokemon, but also uses RNG alongside community help to determine a brand new type chart with 10 new types, 120 new abilities, 112 new moves, and a few new items as well.
The order of the slates will be as follows...

Randomizing the Type Chart
The type chart is the very first thing that will be randomized. I'll give out five options for type charts with colors as the placeholders for the types' names, and they will be voted on, with only the most voted winning. The way I'll be randomizing this will be by getting half a table that randomly generates numbers from 1-36, with 1-6 meaning strong matchup, 31-35 meaning weak matchup, and 36 meaning the target is immune. The other half of this table will be found just by flipping the first half so if a type resists another, they'll be super effective against it as well. There will be nine regular types, plus a tenth neutral type that has only one losing matchup and zero winning matchups. Things like immunities to status and weather are given to exactly one type and are given randomly. In addition, I'll be manually giving a winning matchup to types that don't have any against the type with the least losing matchups relative to their winning matchups, and vice versa. It might sound kind of complicated, but all that matters is that you can see the end result, and an example of the results of the following is below...
View attachment 317945

Naming the Types
This is where the community involvement really begins. The community gets to name all of the ten types instead of their placeholder names. A user has to submit an entire type chart so that people who want cohesiveness through their types aren't screwed over, and whichever user's submission get the most votes will win. The names can make sense, like if a Scissors-type is super effective against a Paper-type, or they can be completely nonsensical, like if the Beaver-type is super effective against the Awesome-type. That's up for the community to decide.

Getting the Moves
Up until this point, I've yet to mention that I'm going to have people sort of "sign up" for the earlier parts of this mod. This is because I don't erally have a great way of generating moves, abilities, or items. Everyone who asks me to be involved will be given a few pairs of moves to try and fuse together sort of akin to how Fusion Evolution does abilities. The moves will be assigned types already, and they'll likely have to make a specific number of their moves either physical, special, or status, but everything else is entirely on the user: name, base power, secondary effect, other additions like whether it's a punch or sound move, and so on. This will end when we have 112 moves, with there being 10 of each type, plus 12 universally-learned moves, ten of which are of the neutral type and two of which are special and give every Pokemon workable STAB. These 112 moves will include everything, with each type having three physical, special, and status moves, plus one wild card. Also note that if there aren't enough healing moves or aren't any hazard removing moves, I'll step in and add some of those manually.

Getting the Abilities
This stage will be very similar to the last one, but there will be 120 abilities that will be evenly spread across the people who have shown interest. This works identically to Fusion Evolution's ability combining process, once again with randomly generated ability pairings. The reason this comes after the moves is that the moves will be how we determine things like new weathers. Some abilities like Prankster and Thick Fat can't be translated to a random type chart perfectly, and in cases like this, I will generate a random type for the user to work with.

Getting the Items
For this one, the people participating will be combining the secondary effect of a random move and the effect of an ability. This one doesn't have a set number in mind because having a set number here is not as important but I'll likely give out 2-4 to each person depending on how many people are involved. I will ask for people who make these to be a bit more careful than with moves and abilities because especially broken abilities can't be balanced out by being given to bad Pokemon, so no "this item doubles the user's attack" or anything too centralizing.

Setting the Power Level
This will be the first time getting actual Pokemon will be involved. For the first slate, I'll generate 10 Pokemon from all of our new resources. This will work similarly to traditional Roulettemons slates, except the five that get the most votes will be put into the metagame to set the power level. This slate will be entirely discussion-based minus the voting period and people are free to jump in at this point. The ideal purpose of this is to aim for the perfect middle of the pack, although if people want something a little more broken then that would be fine.

Getting 20 More Pokemon
After we have the main five, we'll add 20 more to those five while keeping balance in mind. People are allowed to submit sprites for these Pokemon as well, just like with the original. This will take up the bulk of the mod's lifespan and will work identically to how the original Roulettemons worked, so I'll mention a few changes to the Pokemon themselves here. In Roulettemons, the Pokemon were set to a BST of 600, but I'm going to be broadening that so we can get any Pokemon with a BST from 485 to 540, as well as 570 and 600. Since I can't exactly use the old random name generator, I'm going to tell people the typings of the Pokemon that will be involved in the next slate in advance, and I'll allow one person to name each on a first come first serve basis. I will be giving a name to the last one of these so I can still be involved, but don't get any priority. All moves in this are supposed to be viable, and there's way less, so instead of each Pokemon learning 20 good and 20 bad moves, they'll just learn 20 of the total moves + the universal TMs.

The Last Main Slate
This will also be identical to what was done in the original Roulettemons. People will be allowed to submit any Pokemon they felt should have been voted in from an earlier slate, or they can submit things that they feel weren't balanced at the time, but could make for interesting or useful additions to the meta now. In this slate we'll aim to add 2-5 Pokemon, making the final number of Pokemon between 27 and 30.

Optional Balance Slates
Because this is a small metagame, it's going to suck even more if a Pokemon ends up not being very good. I will use a random mega generator to give any Pokemon that may end up being bad a nice boost, with there being five options similar to the main slates. Pokemon deemed broken will get their best quality rerolled with five new options, be it stats, movepool, abilities, or maybe even typing.

As for miscellaneous notes, there's really not much. This mod will start without a council and I'll gauge peoples' interest and their general competitive knowledge as it goes on to decide who I think would make for a good fit. As I mentioned before, from now until the moves section (assuming this does get good enough reception to be accepted), I will be gathering a list of all people who are going to participate in the moves/abilities/items part of this mod. I'll start here and continue it in the mod's thread when it comes up. The current list is below...
AquaticPanic
BitBitio
DuoM2
earl
El Cadaver
kakaks
Magmajudis
Mossy Sandwich
readytolose
Scoopapa
Smoshfan2003
Squawkerz
TheUltraFinder
zxgzxg

DM me if you have any questions, if I didn't explain anything properly, or if you want to be a part of the above list yourself. You're in no rush if you still want to think about being on that list, and you can opt out whenever you'd like.
The original Roulettemons was great, and EXTREME ROULETTEMONS sounds pretty fun as well! Only good things can come of this mod, thus it is approved!

Döppelgangers (Thank you Caionamax)
This mod attempts to make a counter for every pokemon, which will be used by their shiny forms. For example, a non-shiny Blissey would still be the same as the soft-boiling monster that we all know and love. But a shiny Blissey would no longer be a Blissey. It would be a Blissey killer. Probably a guts fighting type.
Rules:
1. All countermons must have the same BST as their originals.
2. Type changes are allowed, and even encouraged.
3. Calculations are required in submissions, or will not be included during voting.
4. The amount of removed and new moves must be the same.
5. Shiny locking in any shape or form will be ignored, including shiny-exclusive moves (like Extreme Speed Genesect), unobtainable shinies (like Keldeo), and regular-exclusive moves (I can't think of any right now.)
6. There will be specified slates, so please don't post outside of allowed pokemon.
Submission Template:
Pokemon:
New Stats:
New Typing:
New Moves:
Removed Moves:
Sounds easy to get into yet pretty innovative and allows for great creativity. Approved!

------------------------------------Bust a Move------------------------------------------
Pet Mod Concept:
Like how ViAbilities seeks to buff all abilities to have some use in singles competitive, this mod seeks to make every move (that is not a weaker version of an already good move) competitively viable in singles on at least one Pokemon.

Explanation: This mod will be based on NatDex because I feel giving the mod access to more move-users will make the stated mission of this Pet Mod easier to achieve. However, we will have an occasional foray into Ubers since there are several moves in need of a buff that are exclusive to mons in that tier (ie Aeroblast, Eternabeam). Not counting a few restrictions, submitters will be free to take the move in any direction they like in order to make it viable. While buffs should try to stick to the generic flavor of the move, we won't be too restrictive about flavor so as to encourage more creativity with buffs (as long as they don't go completely off base). They may choose to either make it generally useful, or may choose to buff it in a way that specifically works in tandem with (a) specific mon(s) (ie making BP just enough to be useful on a Technician mon). Submissions will list the basics of the move [see the example below], highlighting any changes made; submitters do need to clearly state what changes they make. While the bulk of this mod will be focused on moves that see no serious competitive usage, we will be holding votes on "second-place moves", ie moves that see usage due to being a mon's only option or are still underpowered despite actually seeing usage; however, these moves will need to be carefully selected by the competitive council, and as such we probably won't get around to them until later.

1. Submitters may not change the move's designation (physical, special, status).
2. Submitters will only be allowed to change its type if specifically deemed acceptable by the leaders/council.
There are a few cases (such as the 20 or so multi-hit Normal moves) where changing typing may be necessary to differentiate a move or ensure a move doesn't violate Rule 3. This will be determined on a case by case basis, and any type change does still need to reflect the moves' flavor.
3. Moves may not be buffed in a way that would make them a clone of a pre-existing move or make an already good move obsolete. I want to refrain from just copying pre-existing moves, as that may not give the buffed move a chance to really stand out (also I'd find that really boring). This is why we're probably not going to bother with weaker versions of already good moves like Mega Drain, since it'd be hard to buff that without invalidating Giga Drain. I'd also like to avoid making a move "this move but a different type" unless it's already the different-typed counterpart to another move. The latter half of this rule is to prevent the mod from being locked in an eternal cycle where our buffs end up forcing us to buff other moves due to power creep.
4. Moves may not be given a specific effect when used with a particular mon. This would be both arbitrary and basically cheating, so no "x move does this particular thing when Rhyperior uses it" for instance.
5. Moves must be balanced and not involve uncompetitive tactics. Pretty simple. In some cases, users may be expected to nerf certain aspects of moves in order to keep it balanced (for example, the recharge moves will likely end up losing some BP considering recharge will be removed as a factor). An effect like lowering accuracy or freezing is only permissible if the move already does that.
6. Moves can receive wider distribution, but try to show restraint. Moves may be added to new mons if giving those mons the move would make sense flavorwise. However, expanded distribution should make logical sense on any new learners; don't just give mons revised moves because "it would be cool" or "it would be decent coverage". New distribution will be generally limited to 3 mons, although that number may increase/decrease depending on the strength of the move.

Move: X-Scissor
BP:
PP: 15 (max 24)
Accuracy: 100%
Secondary Effect: None-> High critical hit ratio. [change highlighted]
New Users:
None.
Viable Users: Must name at least one Pokemon that would use the move in serious competitive play.

Phase 1 will be the submission phase; for the sake of avoiding too much clutter, each slate will focus on buffing three moves that share a common criteria (ie a recharge move slate, a Doubles move slate, an exclusive move slate, a slate of moves that can drop stats), so that players still have a good range of options. After the submission phase, we will have a voting phase wherein submitters can vote for up to 5 submissions per move, in order of favorite to least favorite, with the winning submission for each move being whichever gets the highest collective total (1st would be 5 points, 3rd would be 3, 5th would be 1). Voters may self-vote as high as second place for any move.

I am going to get a council together to have multiple perspectives on the competitive aspect and so things stay on track in case I'm unavailable. Also, I'm not very good at programming, so I will need at least one council member who'd know how to patch these changes in. Any interested in being on the council may contact me on the Pet Mods Discord.
It is highly unique for a Pet Mod to focus on Moves rather than Pokémon themselves, and it is a very neat change of pace. Approved!

Stereotypes:​

Pet Mod Concept: This Mod will aim to create a metagame (with only new Pokemon) with a Pokemon for each Double Type, and every Pokemon should be viable and interesting.

Explanation:

The Mod would work by slates, working in a three phases system:

First Phase: Submission Phase

In that phase, three typings would be announced at the start. There would then be a week or so to submit up to one Fakemon for each of the three typings. Custom elements wouldn't be allowed, except on some slates that would be decided by the council (most likely just for the ??? typing)

Name:
Ability:
Typing:
Stats:
Relevant Moves:
Flavor Moves:
Description:
Weight:

(They're not made with the template because they were made before we made that template)

Name: Machinirit (Machinery+Spirit)
Typing: Steel-Ghost
Ability: Levitate
Stats: 155-80-70-105-80-50
Role: Team Support / Mixed Wall
Movepool: Wish, U-Turn, Shdow Ball, Hex, Shadow Claws, Flash Cannon, Metal Sound, Will-O-Wisp, Doom Desire, Psychic, + Universal TMs
Description: This Pokemon would take advantage of the typing because thanks to it's four immunities, allowing it to easily and safely switch-in to support it's team with Wish, U-Turn, Doom Desire, Will-O-Wisp...
Dex Entries:

Dex Entry 1: Those Pokemon are said to exist since the very invention of machines. Despite only being possesed machinery, they are quite mobile.

Dex Entry 2: Machinisprits can look quite hostile at first, but they are actually some of the kindest Pokemon there can be to people that are nice with them.

Weight: 143Kg.

Name: Fafnipede (Fafnir (a mythical dragon)+centipede)
Typing: Bug-Dragon
Ability: Compound Eyes Stats:75-110-80-120-75-80 (BST: 540)
Movepool: Dragon Dance, Quiver Dance, First Impression, Outrage, Draco Meteor, Bug Buzz, Coil, Harden, Leech Life, Hurricane, Fly, Focus Blast, Fire Charge, Flamethrower, Universal TMs, Earthquake, Crunch, Scratch, Megahorn
Roles: Set-Up Sweeper/Revenge Killer/Mixed Wallbreaker
Description: It take advantage of the typing by gaining STABs on some great moves, like First Impression or Draco Meteor. Also, rare moves like Dragon Dance or Quiver Dance count as exploiting the typing if they're STAB, because it is probable the Pokemon wouldn't even gain access to it without that typing, so those counts.
What sets it apart from other mons with the same role: It's access to priority, two of the strongest boosting moves in the game and perfect accuracy on moves much as Megahorn. Also, near perfectly accurate Focus Blast is neat.
Dex Entries:

Dex Entry 1: Fafnipedes have first been discovered in ancient temples. Their fluid movements, which look like a dance of sorts, have inspired many ancient civilizations's art.

Dex Entry 2: Those Pokemon were once feared for their destructive rage. Very few perons can say without lying they tamed a Fafnipede taking it's true form.

Weight: 56 Kg

Also, as a side note for submissions: Remember this is a micrometa, so the power level will be different from regular mons. A base Special Attack of 130 can be handled in regular OU, but maybe not in this. Keep your submissions balanced (I will try to find a coder as soon as possible to avoid the meta becoming broken)

-Transistor, Dragon's Maw, Steely Spirit, Steelworker, Libero, Protean and Color Change are banned. Not that it's not possible to make something balanced and interesting with them (especially Color Change) just that it would feel weird having them in a mod that focuses on exploiting typings.

Phase 2: Voting phase
Nothing particular to say here, except:
Vote separetely for each of the slate's typing, as there will be a winner for every one of them.
You have one self-vote and it can't be in first place.

Phase 3: Discussion Phase
This is where you can discuss the new mons. You can also discuss existing ones. You Can submit sets, discuss problematic mons, propose buffs to less seen ones…

When every single one of the 171 possible typings will be done, the most probable thing to happening would be that we would enter a discussion phase that won't end, kind of like Sylvemons, so the meta can develop.

The Mod will be based on gen8 mechanics. Which means that dexited moves can't be used, and that Z-Moves don't exist.

Miscellaneous:

The mod would be led by a council. Currently the council is:

:groudon-primal: Magmajudis
:marshadow: kakaks
:swampert: ViZar
:duosion: DuoM2

I'll try to give slates a little theme, like Grass/Fire/Water (starter types), Normal-Flying/Bug-Flying/Grass-Poison (the three most common double-types), or Ice-Poison/Bug-Dark/Ground-Fairy (types that don't exist yet)
Very simple concept but that can lead to very interesting new pokémon and a very unique metagame, alongside also having a pretty clear and defined goal with an end, so it is approved!

Name: Hoenn Gaiden
Concept: This is a Gen 3 pet mod that brings Gen 4 and newer Pokemon into Gen 3 mechanics. There are slates and people modify the existing Pokemon to a Gen 3 meta.

Description: What are Gen 3 mechanics?
  • Physical/Special split is GONE
  • Fairy type is GONE
  • Weather is PERMANENT
  • Pivoting moves are GONE (because we know Baton Pass sucks)
  • Team preview is OUT
But beyond modifying old Pokemon, we're also creating brand new:
  • abilities
  • moves
  • items
  • pokemon (including evolutions)

We revert back to early 2000s for what moves, items and abilities exist, and then add to it to create something brand new.

Misc.: This will probably be led by a council but I haven't asked anyone to join it yet.

Empoleon
Type: Water/Steel
Ability: Torrent
Retained Moves: Hydro Pump, Surf, Agility, Substitute, Yawn, Ice Beam, Toxic, Rest
New Moves: Haze
Niche: Bulky Water who doesn't take sand damage, and has a support movepool that emphasizes status spread. Gave it Haze because it gives it a niche compared to Vaporeon/Suicune, which it uses well due to its many resistances). Can also set up with Sub+Agility to activate Torrent.
Considering how well Rose Red Iris Blue did, and how unique this mod is itself, we have decided it to be approved!

Now, if your currently submitted mod is not in this list, do not be alarmed. We simply went for a smaller number of mods to be approved at once so as not to add too many at once. It does not mean your mod has been disqualified unless stated as such.

Enjoy!

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
:Darmanitan: :Darmanitan-Zen: :Darmanitan-Galar: :Darmanitan-Galar-Zen:
Pet Mod Name: Alternatium
Pet Mod Concept: This Pet Mod seeks to make a metagame where only Pokemon with alternate forms exist, all alternate forms are separate species, and they are all balanced together for one single metagame.
Explanation: No Skarmory, no Clefable, no Hydreigon. But yes to Darmanitan, Toxtricity and Aegislash. As stated, any Pokémon without an alternate form is immediately disqualified from being in this mod. Of course, that means we will need to be creative with how we handle the forms of what we already have, seeing as some roles will possibly straight up disappear from the metagame. Specifically what we mean by alternate forms, are ones that Showdown officially recognizes in the builder. So we will not have 30 differing Alcremie, nor will we have 12 different Vivillon (but we will have three!). To get the most out of this thread I decided to make it National Dex based. Megas and Gigantamax forms not included because Pet Mods exist specifically for them.
Miscellaneous:
Major questions are
- How do we handle the elephants in the room (Arceus, Silvally and Pikachu)?

Ans: Silvally will be dealt with, but for the time being it has been decided that Arceus will be ignored. Due to the sheer number of Pikachu variants, most of which are largely redundant, we will be only focusing on base Pikachu, Starter Pikachu, the Cosplay Pikachu's and a Cap Pikachu.

- Should regional variants be considered under the banner of alternate forms here?

Ans: Yes it has been decided that Regional Variants will count as alternate forms.

Not interested in a council atm, but if I am I will let people know.

Share your tharts.

Last edited:
This isn't a pet mod idea, but it made a lot of sense when it occurred to me.
Queue a Meloetta singing 'In the arms of an Audino.'
There might already be a process in place for this, but I feel like in order to keep pet mods thriving or to pass off ownership of a pet mod, there should be some thing like a…
Pet Mod Adoption Center (or an 'Adopt-A-Pet [Mod] program')
…thread for all the neglected pet mods whose owners abandoned them (or other unfortunate circumstances which led to their current situation).
This message was brought to you by the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Pokémon.
This wouldn't just be a place for people to surrender their unwanted pet mod; this would be a system where homeless pet mods gets maintained by a team of unattached users.
The unattached users are just committed veteran members who can be relied upon to not disappear anytime soon and to not do anything with the resources they receive.
(I'm NOT claiming to be such a person; that's not something I decide.) These people who know how to run a pet mod, but have no attachment to it if somebody wants to take charge of it and demonstrates the responsibility to do so (familiarity and other basic requirements).

To surrender a pet mod or solomod, a user would release any files associated with it, as well as ownership of any Discord servers that exist for the mod. In the case of a GitHub, the project can be forked. In the case of a Google Doc, the document or sheet can be copied. In the case of a psim server… I have no clue, but there are way too many of those that have been inactive for years that could use a host.

I imagine this would be something the global moderators would take on, but I'm not familiar with their perspective, so I can't say for sure.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Pet Mod Name: Fossilmon Fighters
Pet Mod Concept: Fossil Fighters is a hidden gem of a Pokemon clone from 3DS and 2DS that consists only of prehistoric creatures. Seeing as how Pokemon lacks creative prehistoric creatures with interesting types, and Fossil Fighters lacks a battle simulator, we will remedy both.The process of doing so will go as followed:

1. Select a slate of Vivosaurs, the Fossil Fighters equivalent of Pokemon, that will be voted on through strawpoll.
- Using the Fossil Fighters wiki, we will create a Strawpoll that lists a couple of Vivosaur slates. We will then turn them into Pokemon using the process detailed in step 2.

2. Begin the submission process as followed:
- Open submissions officially for a thread. We will list the slate in a Smogon thread, and have people submit with the following format:
Name of Vivosaur:
Typing and Justification:
Ability(Possibly custom) and Justification:
Stats and Justification:
Movepool(possibly with custom moves) and Justification:
- Note: New moves must be taken from the Vivosaur's existent movepool in its home game and then translated into Pokemon. For example:
Fossil Fighters Move: Daze Cannon
BP and PP in Pokemon: 140, 8
Secondary effects: 30% chance to confuse, must recharge afterwards.

3. Battle with the Vivosaurs! Once we finish all of the Vivosaurs present in all three Fossil Fighters games, the mod will be primarily for battling. Since there are only about 200-300 'saurs in total (I can't remember), we will do 3 at a time, once a week, giving us 100 weeks to finish the project.

Misc:
- I don't have council members yet, but I'm going to post in the Discord and see how much interest I can gather.
- Buffs can be given
- The council can reject creations
- I'm hopeless at coding so I'll definitely need help with that
- I'm making a Discord for the mod if it is approved.

Hope you like it!

Magmajudis

Title pending
Metamorphosis

This mod would aim to create new form changing Pokemon. This would be achieved through new signature abilities/moves allowing their users to change form, with the goal of finding interesting ways to change form so that the actual mons end up neing interesting to play.

This would be a Natdex OU meta.

The submission phase would last a week and slates would focus on 3-4 mons chosen by the council.

The mon receiving the form change has to be RU or below.

You can give it up to 5 new moves (Including the form chaning move if you make it a move)

If you make it an ability, you can either give it as a new one or replace an old one.

You may add up to 40 BST to the mon to make it more viable.

Both forms should have the same ability and a type in common.

You can add up to 60 BST between forms, and you can also remove as much BST as you want between forms (for example if you change Slow Start or Defeatist to be a form change)

Of course, submissions should stay balanced and have good flavor.

If your submission can change between it's two forms very easily (like Aegislash), be sure that both have their uses and serve a purpose.

For example you could give Cryogonal a small boost in stats (for example in Defense to let it perform better), and give it an ability that change it to an Ice/Water form when under Sun based on it's dex entries.

The mod would be led by a council so PM me if you're interested.

Last edited:
1619973338893.png

The Lost Mons

The goal:
There are a lot of great pokemon designs that were scrapped for whatever reason, especially in generation 2. This mod would take those designs and turn them into fakemon, with the ones that were the basis for existing pokemon/evolutions of those pokemon either evolutions, preevolutions, or alternate formes. They would then be added to the National Dex OU meta, because imagine trying to make the evolution/prevo of a dexited mon.

Slates would consist of the mod leaders pick 4 of the unused pokemon sprites be turned into fakemon. Participants would submit their takes on these sprites, and after a period of time to be decided, would vote on their top 3 favorite submissions for each sprite.

Clarification: Since several people have interpreted this as only beta gen 2, I feel the need to clarify that we will be doing EVERY scrapped mon from ALL generations.
Mod leaders are :archen:me and :chikorita:Ema Skye.

Last edited:

AquaticPanic

Community Leader
Here come the next round of approvals! But first one thing to get out of the way.

This isn't a pet mod idea, but it made a lot of sense when it occurred to me.
Queue a Meloetta singing 'In the arms of an Audino.'
There might already be a process in place for this, but I feel like in order to keep pet mods thriving or to pass off ownership of a pet mod, there should be some thing like a…
Pet Mod Adoption Center (or an 'Adopt-A-Pet [Mod] program')
…thread for all the neglected pet mods whose owners abandoned them (or other unfortunate circumstances which led to their current situation).
This message was brought to you by the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Pokémon.
This wouldn't just be a place for people to surrender their unwanted pet mod; this would be a system where homeless pet mods gets maintained by a team of unattached users.
The unattached users are just committed veteran members who can be relied upon to not disappear anytime soon and to not do anything with the resources they receive.
(I'm NOT claiming to be such a person; that's not something I decide.) These people who know how to run a pet mod, but have no attachment to it if somebody wants to take charge of it and demonstrates the responsibility to do so (familiarity and other basic requirements).

To surrender a pet mod or solomod, a user would release any files associated with it, as well as ownership of any Discord servers that exist for the mod. In the case of a GitHub, the project can be forked. In the case of a Google Doc, the document or sheet can be copied. In the case of a psim server… I have no clue, but there are way too many of those that have been inactive for years that could use a host.

I imagine this would be something the global moderators would take on, but I'm not familiar with their perspective, so I can't say for sure.

Thoughts?
This feels rather unneeded, as any deals regarding transfering Mod Ownership can be done through directly messaging the current owner and be dealt with on that Pet Mod's thread itself. This idea was brought up before, and much like before, it is Rejected.

1620309307361.png

Pet Mod Concept: This mod will make Ubers suited for NatDex OU.
Explanation: Ubers will get nerfs that makes them more suited for NatDex OU. Those nerfs will depend on the Pokémon itself and there are certain rules made for them.
Mythicals must keep their BST of 600. Also the changes that are made to them, have to fit their main trade as a mythical.
e.g. Techno Blast must be a viable option on Genesect, Landorus-I has to have a weather/terrain related playstyle etc.
Megas must have 100 BST more than their base form. However, changes that can make the base form worse won't be accepted.
e.g. Meaning that Mega-Alakazam cannot loose Nasty Plot and Mega-Blastoise cannot loose Shell Smash.
Box Legendaries have their BST decreased to 570 and their forms would have a BST of 600. Custom Elements are allowed, rules depend and limitations on the slate and Pokémon in question.
e.g. Palkia would get a BST of 570, while something like Necrozma-Dusk-Mane gets a 600 BST
In addition to that, banned abilities, moves, items and other mechanics will be adjusted for NatDex OU play.

1. Slate Ideas
The Council will decide on 2-4 Pokémon. The Community can make suggestions and can decide on it as well.

2. Submission Slate
Slates will be 3-4 days long. Rules will vary based on the Slate and its Pokémon.

3. Voting Phase
Voting phase lasts for around a day or two. In the voting phase, users vote for their preferred submissions and the winning submissions are added to the role compendium and spreadsheet.

Role in question: 1st preferred option, 2nd preferred option, 3rd preferred option.

[SPOILER = Self Voting]
Note: These self voting rules and the explanation are from good user lyd, slightly adapted to fit this pet mod
If you want to vote for yourself now, it gets slightly more complicated. You can always keep voting for yourself as second, but you can change the order a bit, for as long as the number of self-votes equals 2x the number of submissions you made. Let's use some examples to make it more understandable:

So this voting format is good, cuz' Lyd voted for himself as second three times, and when you add everything up, he gave himself 6 votes, which is fine, as it is exactly the number of submissions he made for the slate x2. However, say he liked his Stallbreaker submission a lot, and he really wants it to win, he can play around with his votes a little bit:

So to make his Stallbreaker first vote, he moved his Defensive Pivot self-vote to last. Makes sense, right? And when you add up the votes, 3 + 2 + 1 = 6 which is exactly what he wants. Let's say that he likes his Special Wall and Defensive Pivot submissions more, and he didn't like his Stallbreaker submission too much. He can do this:

3 + 3 adds up to six, so he's good to that. Small note that this can't be done if he made no Stallbreaker submission because if that was the case, the number of submissions he made x2 would actually end up as 4, which isn't enough. Also, had he only made a single submission, he'd always have to self-vote as #2 or lower because making only one submission gives him only two self-vote points. We hope that was clear, if you had any trouble to understand this, feel free to PM anyone from the council and we'll explain it as best as we can.

Miscellaneous: This mod would be led by a council. The idea for the first slate exists already and people can sub new ideas for future slates, just like in M4A.
Slate 1: Come as you are
:ss/genesect: :ss/shaymin-sky: :ss/landorus:
Pretty simple concept and can see it going far, while also having a pretty well-defined end goal. Approved!

:Darmanitan: :Darmanitan-Zen: :Darmanitan-Galar: :Darmanitan-Galar-Zen:
Pet Mod Name: Alternatium
Pet Mod Concept: This Pet Mod seeks to make a metagame where only Pokemon with alternate forms exist, all alternate forms are separate species, and they are all balanced together for one single metagame.
Explanation: No Skarmory, no Clefable, no Hydreigon. But yes to Darmanitan, Toxtricity and Aegislash. As stated, any Pokémon without an alternate form is immediately disqualified from being in this mod. Of course, that means we will need to be creative with how we handle the forms of what we already have, seeing as some roles will possibly straight up disappear from the metagame. Specifically what we mean by alternate forms, are ones that Showdown officially recognizes in the builder. So we will not have 30 differing Alcremie, nor will we have 12 different Vivillon (but we will have three!). To get the most out of this thread I decided to make it National Dex based. Megas and Gigantamax forms not included because Pet Mods exist specifically for them.
Miscellaneous:
Major questions are
- How do we handle the elephants in the room (Arceus, Silvally and Pikachu)?

Ans: Silvally will be dealt with, but for the time being it has been decided that Arceus will be ignored. Due to the sheer number of Pikachu variants, most of which are largely redundant, we will be only focusing on base Pikachu, Starter Pikachu, the Cosplay Pikachu's and a Cap Pikachu.

- Should regional variants be considered under the banner of alternate forms here?

Ans: Yes it has been decided that Regional Variants will count as alternate forms.

Not interested in a council atm, but if I am I will let people know.

Share your tharts.
Pretty neat concept and can lead to a very creative metagame, Approved!

Metamorphosis

This mod would aim to create new form changing Pokemon. This would be achieved through new signature abilities/moves allowing their users to change form, with the goal of finding interesting ways to change form so that the actual mons end up neing interesting to play.

This would be a Natdex OU meta.

The submission phase would last a week and slates would focus on 3-4 mons chosen by the council.

The mon receiving the form change has to be RU or below.

You can give it up to 5 new moves (Including the form chaning move if you make it a move)

If you make it an ability, you can either give it as a new one or replace an old one.

You may add up to 40 BST to the mon to make it more viable.

Both forms should have the same ability and a type in common.

You can add up to 60 BST between forms, and you can also remove as much BST as you want between forms (for example if you change Slow Start or Defeatist to be a form change)

Of course, submissions should stay balanced and have good flavor.

If your submission can change between it's two forms very easily (like Aegislash), be sure that both have their uses and serve a purpose.

For example you could give Cryogonal a small boost in stats (for example in Defense to let it perform better), and give it an ability that change it to an Ice/Water form when under Sun based on it's dex entries.

The mod would be led by a council so PM me if you're interested.
This mod has a lot of potential and would be a really unique metagame for sure, Approved!

:sm/jynx::sm/electabuzz::sm/magmar: -> :sm/magmortar::sm/electivire::sm/unown-question:
Pet Mod Name: Missing Links
Pet Mod Concept: It's probably just me, but one thing I absolutely hate that Game Freak does is establish two or more Pokémon as counterparts of each other, then proceed to abandon that later by only giving one of them an evolution, Mega Evolution, Regional form, or whatever.
Explanation: In this National Dex OU-based Pet Mod, we fill in the unfinished pairs by introducing new Regional forms, evolutions, Mega Evolutions, prevolutions, and stat buffs. Each slate would give a few Pokémon that would need these additions. Rules would vary based on the type of addition the Pokémon needs. Simple custom elements, like clones of moves/abilities, moves/abilities with very simple effects, and stuff like flavor items, would be allowed.
Butterfree was a counterpart to Beedrill in Gens 1-5, but didn't receive a Mega Evolution in Gen 6, so the mod would add a Mega Evolution
Arcanine was a counterpart to Ninetales in Gens 1-6, but didn't receive a Regional form in Gen 7, so the mod would add a Regional form
Jynx was a counterpart to Magmar & Electabuzz in Gens 1-3 but didn't receive an evolution in Gen 4, so the mod would add an evolution
The Bellsprout line was a counterpart to the Oddish line in Gen 1, but they didn't receive a split evolution in Gen 2, so the mod would add a split evolution
Skarmory was a counterpart to Mantine in Gens 2-3, but didn't receive a prevolution in Gen 4, so the mod would add a prevolution
Dustox is a counterpart to Beautifly via evolution line, but didn't receive a +10 stat boost in Gen 6, so the mod would add +10 to its BST

Miscellaneous:
- Pet Mod would be run by a council, which would currently just be me right now
- National Dex OU-based, but the main focus of the mod is flavor, though submitters can still make their subs OU-viable
- Due to the simplicity of the mod and because there wouldn't be that many slates, it would likely be fully playable very quickly
Very simple idea with a clear defined goal and that wouldn't be too hard to get into, Approved!

View attachment 320253
(Banner by me)
Do you wish that more branch evolutions existed for a wider variety of Pokémon to use competitively? Or do you wish that more branched evolutions existed in general? If you have one of both of those wishes, then Branched Potential is definitely for you! In this Pet Mod, we will create a branched evolution for every Pokémon in the National Dex.
Concept
As said above, the community will try to make a branched evolution for every Pokémon with or without an evolution. This Pet Mod will also be in the National Dex format because of the wider variety of Pokémon. Since that is really all I can say about it, I’ll move onto the rules.
Rules & Explanation
Remember, every single Non-Legendary Pokémon can have a branched evolution. There may be some special slates where weak legendaries get new evolutions, though.​
  • Types :eevee:
    • The new branched evolution must keep the original evolution’s primary typing.​
    • You are also allowed to remove the original Pokémon’s secondary typing.​
    • Also, this is just a note, but keep some flavor in mind when giving a new type.​
  • Abilities :slowpoke: :slowpoke-galar:
    • You must keep two (or one, it depends) of the original evolution’s abilities, and if a ability is going to change, it’s most likely it’s Hidden Ability.​
    • Also, keep some flavor in mind as well while giving new abilities.​
  • Stats :ralts:
    • The new branched evolution’s BST must equal the original evolution’s BST.​
    • When you make the branched evolution’s stats, do whatever you’d like! (Add and Subtract stats from OG evolution, etc.) You may not boost an stat that is above 150, but you can always switch stats.
    • If you wish to make a new branched evolution for a one staged or two staged Pokémon, they get a boost in their BST, depending on their existing BST.
    • 530 to 600 BST - 0+
      525 to 500 BST - 30+
      499 to 480 BST - 45+
      479 to 465 BST - 60+
      464 to 455 BST - 70+
      454 to 440 BST - 95+
      439 to 400 BST - 105+
      399 to 300 BST - 145+
      299 to 250 BST - 230+
    • If you make a Mega for the new branched evolution, just remember to add the +100 stat boost.
    • Also, please don min/max your submissions!
  • Moves :clamperl:
    • If you want to have new moves, you must subtract some from the existing evolution. You can +/- up to 20 moves.
    • If you add a new typing to a single typed Pokémon, you can add 10 free moves.
  • Miscellaneous :snorunt:
    • If the original evolution has a Mega Evolution, the new branched evolution can get one as well. This rule goes for Z-Moves as well.
    • The weight for the new branched evolution must be +/- 30 kg.
    • The height for the new branched evolution must be +/- 2m.
  • Pokémon that cannot have a new branched evolution :nincada:
    • Oddish, Poliwag, Slowpoke, Slowpoke-Galar, Exeggcute, Cubone, Koffing, Eevee, Pichu, Tyrouge, Wurmple, Ralts, Nincada, Snorunt, Clamperl, Burmy, Mime Jr., Rockruff, Applin, Toxel
Now that the rules are finished, here is a submission template and sample for you!
:pokemon: or if you want to use big sprites, use this link. (Click on sprites and choose the fourth option)
Name:
Typing:
Height:
Weight:
Abilities:
Stats:

New Moves:
Removed Moves:
Flavor/Design:

Competitive Description:

(If you add a Mega, just add it in a hide in your submission.)

Name: Charivern
Typing:

Height:
1.9m
Weight: 98 kg
Abilities: Blaze / Reckless
Stats: 78 / 109 / 85 / 84 / 78 / 100 (Swapped Physical Stats with Special Stats)

New Moves: Draco Meteor, Close Combat, Iron Head (3)
Removed Moves: Fling, Fury Cutter, Mud-Slap (3)
Flavor/Design: Imagine Mega-Charizard X looking like a regular Charizard.

Competitive Description: DD Sweeper.

You are also allowed to submit up to the limit of new branched evolutions you can make in a slate. (For example, if there was a slate where four Pokémon are featured, you can have up to 4 submissions.)
Phases
- The submission phase will usually last for 5 days. Use that time to submit the best submissions you can!
- The voting phase lasts for 5 days as well. Vote for the submissions you think are good!
- The discussion phase will last for 1 day. Discuss about the winners and what you think about them!
You can vote up to 5 people’s submissions. If you want to vote yourself, you must not vote yourself in 1st place.
And now, for the voting template:
:venusaur: - Person 1, Person 2, Person 3, Person 4, Person 5
:charizard: - Person 2, Person 3, Person 1, Person 5, Person 4
:blastoise: - Person 3, Person 1, Person 2, Person 4, Person 5

Council
I am the Impostor
kakaks
Paulluxx
TheUltraFinder
Looking for council members! DM me if you’d like to be in council. Must have competitive experience IG.

Thanks for reading this post, and have a good day! :)​
Has a lot of potential and I can se it working well. Approved!

Now, if your currently submitted mod is not in this list, do not be alarmed. We simply went for a smaller number of mods to be approved at once so as not to add too many at once. It does not mean your mod has been disqualified unless stated as such.

Enjoy!

:focus_sash: <-> :kartana:
Itemons!
This mod focuses on coverting items into pokemon, and pokemon into items!
Heres an example.
Pokemon: Focus Sash
Type: Fighting
Ability: Moxie
Stats: 60/130/60/90/80/140
Viable Moves: Close Combat, Superpower, Bulk Up, Stealth Rock, Spikes, Body Slam, Fire Punch, Ice Punch, Electric Punch, Stone Edge
Reasoning: Most pokemon that run focus sashes are either leads or fast powerful mons, and this pokemon is both.

Item: Kartana
Effect: Increases attack by 1.2 times

Pet Mod Name: :eevee: Eeveeloution'd:eevee:

Pet Mod Concept: So, some of you might have heard of the older pet mod Eevee'd. Well, this pet mod aims to bring that back, in a slightly different style! This is a Pet Mod where, each slate, we choose 1 to 2 Pokemon (ex. Lumineon) and choose 2 to 3 types. Then, you create an “alternate evolution” for the Pokemon, using those 2 or 3 types to each be added the Pokemon's type (tif it has more then 1 type, then the type it will be will be announced at the beginning of the slate). After a certain amount of time, you get to vote for whatever sub(s) you like the most.

Rules:
  1. The BST has to be the same as the Pokemon’s other evolution’s BST. If the Pokemon is already evolved, then the BST it has to meet will be stated.
  2. All evolutions have the same stat spread
  3. The name of the Pokemon should be different, but it has to have some part of the original Pokemon’s evolution name (Ex: Lumineon -> Treeon)
  4. All evolutions must have an ability that correlates to their type.
  5. The new evolution has to keep one of the pre-evolutions abilities
  6. Custom abilities are allowed (but don't go overboard please)
  7. Try not to make things OP. This one should be obvious, but it's no fun if everything gets destroyed by a certain mon
Example Sub
Example Sub:
Name: Treeon
Type: Water/Grass
Ability: Sap Sipper/Storm Drain/(HA: Sticky Hold)
Stats:
HP: 76
ATK: 91
DEF: 69
SPA: 69
SPD: 69
SPE: 76
BST: 460
ReMoved: All water type moves, Gust, Silver Wind, Hail, Ice Beam, Blizzard, Signal Beam, Aurora Beam, Tailwind, Bounce, Icy Wind, Air Cutter, Defog

Added Moves: Power Whip, Seed Bomb, Razor Leaf, Sludge Bomb, Sleep Powder, Poison Powder, Stun Spore, Synthesis, Ingrain, Poison Jab, Knock Off, Light Screen, Reflect
Council: This is still a WIP, so no council yet but me and Paulluxx, but if you want to be on it, then DM me. :eevee::Obstagoon:

Last edited:
Long time lurker here. Pretty sure I have enough posts to do this; if I don't, let me know and I'll delete it.

Pet Mod: PyriteMons / Parallel Mons (not sure which name I like better; "Pyrite" for the inspiration and "Parallel" for the concept)

Pet Mod Concept: Every Pokemon in the 'Dex is replaced with a custom regional variant; think Regional Variants meets The Pokedex Redone.

Explanation: I was inspired by a fangame called Pokemon Fool's Gold, a ROM Hack of Pokemon Crystal that does essentially the same thing. While similar to The Pokedex Redone on paper, it would be slightly less strict in terms of typing, abilities, and custom elements (e.g. custom moves) and slightly more strict on base stats. In other words, submissions would be allowed to change a Pokemon to have any typing and ability within reason, but would have to keep the base stats relatively similar.

Miscellaneous: Might make a council if the mod gets enough traction. Regional evolutions (ex. Obstagoon) will be treated as regular cross-generational evolutions. Pokemon to add will be added in slates (ex. the first slate will deal with Kanto Starters, the second will deal with early-game Kanto Pokemon, etc.)

1. Pokemon must keep their names, evolutionary lines, and Base Stat Total.
  2. The typing of the Pokemon must be changed, with the following rules:
    1. The Pokemon's evolutionary line must share at least one type (the sole exception being Eevee's evolutionary line).
    2. The Pokemon may not have the same type as its canon counterpart (ex. a submission for Scizor cannot be Bug/Steel-typed).
      1. The sole exception to this rule is Pokemon with only one type, so long as the last Pokemon in the evolutionary line has a different dual-typing from its canon counterpart (ex. a Bug-type Weedle and Kakuna that turns into a Bug/Dark Beedrill).
  3. The abilities of the Pokemon may be changed to any ability. That said, I heavily encourage you to consider balance (for example, just because you can give a Slaking Huge Power, doesn't mean you should).
    1. Custom abilities are allowed. Again, balance should be considered, and I'd recommend that submissions should try to mimic abilities that exist (for example, if you want to make an ability that solely boosts Sound-based moves, I'd recommend looking at Iron Fist as inspiration).
  4. The movepool of a Pokemon must contain the same amount of moves as its canon counterpart normally knows (ex. an Abra must learn exactly 80 moves, as that is how many moves its canon counterpart learns). Exceptions may be granted on a case-by-case basis (ex. Unown).
    1. What moves a Pokemon loses from and gains to its movepool may be determined however you want; try to keep it within logical reason, though (ex. no Legendary exclusive moves on non-legendaries, the movepool should have a type bias towards the types the Pokemon was given, etc.).
    2. Custom moves are allowed, but again, keep them within reason and try to base them on existing moves (ex. a Fairy-type Silver Wind clone).
  5. The individual base stats of a Pokemon may be redistributed within reason (ex. to have a Physically-based Electrode, for example), but altering stats to be Min-Maxed (ex. taking 80 points out of Charizard's Attack stat and dumping them into Charizard's Special Attack) should not be done.
  6. Exclusive held items (ex. Pikachu's Light Ball) will be replaced as part of the slate that the Pokemon that benefits from them is included in.
  7. Height and Weight should be added, for the sake of Low Kick and Grass Knot; if not added, it will be assumed that the Pokemon weights the same as its canon counterpart.
  8. Pokemon may be subject to nerfing or buffing if they are considered too powerful or not powerful enough, respectively.
  9. When voting for a winner for each slate, you may not vote for yourself.
Bumping this due to the submissions being reopened

1622415491134.png

Pet Mod: :Slaking: Stats Descent! :Greedent:
Qualifications: I'm not too too well versed in the art of pet mods, at least, not as much as I'd like to be (this project aims to alleviate some of my concerns). I was a council member for Megas 4 All!, which was the pet mod of the season in winter 2021, and I'm one of 2 main organizers of the competitive council for that mod as well. Sadly, those are my only qualifications, I hope it's enough :/.
Pet Mod Concept: :Hoopa: The goal of this mod is to make a range of pokemon with different base stat totals that all can compete amongst each other. Often times, I’m surprised by how potent some pokemon with low base stat totals, like Clefable, Corviknight, and the Slow twins are all astoundingly viable, yet mons such as Hoopa, Celebi, and Mega Aggron are hardly considered viable. I’m attempting to capitalize on this by creating a pet mod that attempts to create balance amongst pokemon who’s base stat totals range from 460->650. Here how this will work.
Slate 1 will be know as the 650 BST slate. Submissions may include up to 3 pokemon who’s base stat totals equal 650. These pokemon should be balanced, which may be difficult considering their strong stats, but keep in mind that these things need to have similar power levels to mons of 460 BST. The next slate will be the 640 BST slate, so on, and so forth all the way down until 460, where we will have a complete 60 pokemon metagame. The reason we descend is so we can balance the pokemon burdened by low BSTs to the ones with high BSTs. In other words, the submissions process will, throughout the time of the pet mod, will slowly change from trying to nerf pokemon with high base stats to a manageable level, to optimizing low base stat pokemon as much as possible. I think it’s a really interesting way to create a meta. Once the metagame is created, I personally would try to keep interest high by holding tournaments as often as possible, and perhaps refurbishing some of the pokemon as well! :Clefable:
Rules:

1) The end goal is a 60 all-new pokemon metagame. As a result, your main-series pokemon pals will unfortunately not be included.
2) You are allowed to submit up to 3 pokemon per slate. All pokemon will be compiled into one massive clump for you to choose your favorites to vote. If this ends up being cumbersome, we'll call an audible, but it seemed to be the theoretically least restrictive way to conduct voting.
3) Shoutouts to InkBug for proving me wrong on this one all those months ago but voting will be conducted in a run-off voting system. You are allowed to vote for as many or as few subs as you'd like, in an order. You may not vote for yourself in first place, and you may vote only for a maximum of 10 subs.
4) While not expressly enforced, we need to make sure that our first couple of slates have balanced pokemon. As a result, in the 650 BST slate, we ask that people do not include naturally strong dual types, such as :Celesteela: steel/flying, :Gliscor: ground/flying, :Sableye-Mega: or ghost/dark (if they are determined balanced by the council, subs with these types will be allowed, but more likely than not this typing will prove too troublesome for lesser pokemon to deal with). These dual types that we are going to be very cautious towards will become unrestricted starting at the BST of 600.
5) We will try to run slates every week, with 4 days of creating, 2 days of voting, and a 1 day break. Every 4-5 weeks, we will hold a 1-2 week break to playtest and adjust pokemon as needed. If we cannot get in contact with a player who's pokemon won, and it needs changes, we will change it on behalf of them, but otherwise, we will work alongside the original creator to make sure pokemon are altered in a way that simultaneously satisfies the meta and the original creator!
Insert anything I potentially forget, but I think this is pretty solid for now!
Pet Mod Submission Template:
Pokemon Name:
Ability:
Type:
Base Stats:
HP:
Atk:
Def:
Spatk:
Spdef:
Speed:
*Note, the base stats must have a sum equal to the required base stat total for the slate*

Movepool:
Flavor (Optional):
Competitive Description:
Pet Mod Council:
:Simisear: Hematemesis
:Obstagoon: Paulluxx
:Krookodile: BitBitio
Probably just the 3 of us, but if you know how to code, we would LOVE to have you! DM me at Bolivia#8459 for council inquiries!

Discord Server Link:
Coming soon

That's all there is to it, I really hope you guys approve this mod/enjoy this pet mod if it is approved. DM me at Bolivia#8459 if you're interested in being a council member, and we'll discuss! Enjoy :Simisear:!

Last edited:
Blindsided
A pet mod where people submit fakemon to adapt a tier without knowledge about what others submit​

Its a metagame where people are asked to submit pokemon but something that makes this metagame different from others is that users can't see what each other do, For submissions for the base of the metagame, DuoM2 sent out DMs to a bunch of people within the Pet Mods community and asked them for a Fakemon that was balanced for the standards of DLC2 OU other details were not specified and had to be asked by the users in question to clarify anything, some of the questions included:
  • If mega evolutions were allowed (with a yes reply)
  • If dexited moves were allowed (with a yes reply)
  • If z crystals were allowed (with a no reply)
  • If regional variants are allowed (with a no reply)
  • If you can allow your submission to benefit from Eviolite (with a yes reply)
  • If custom elements (moves*, abilities, items**) were allowed (with a yes reply***)
So with those its safe to say that the metagame is based on National Dex OU with custom elements allowed and no Z moves.
* Custom Z moves are not allowed
** Custom Items can only benefit the submission of the creator being made that slate (not previous submissions from the same creator or submissions from others), similar to signature items like light ball for pikachu.
*** As long as its reasonably doable or the submitter can code it, you can also use custom moves and abilities created by someone else in a previous slate.

Its important to note only the submitters that asked these questions knew about these, everyone else didn't know these, just to make it clear, you cannot go back and give mega evolutions or signature items to your previous submissions, only work on your new ones.

What makes this metagame different from others is that they showcase the tendencies of the participants in a very different way from other mods, because they don't know what is being made alongside them they don't have the security of "ok this other wall is present in the metagame so i can be comfortable making this attacker", what do they do ? they create the wall ? they create an attacker ? do they just meme it or do gimmicky stuff (i certainly did the last), on the submission stage they will also be asked for predictions to see what they expect others to do and we can even check if their submission influences or follows that (for example, for better or worse i expected a bulkier metagame, at least one submission sharing the type of mine and my guess for the highest average stat and most common type both matched that of my submission), as the mod expands (and will do so greatly because of the amount of submissions being accepted each slate) they will have more of a baseline to work with but the guessing game of "how will they adapt" will still stay very relevant

By taking the metagame to the forum we hope to have a organized thread to discuss the metagame, since we are already starting with a premade base the first few weeks will be dedicated to playtesting and once we have a clear enough grasp of the metagame the participants (others can join) will be asked to submit a second wave of pokemon dedicated to address problems with the metagame and adapt to the top tier threats, the process in a similar way to the first will be done on a blind colaboration route, where people will send their submission via private messages (either here on smogon or on discord) to the host, DuoM2 hosted stage 1 and i'm going to host stage 2, after submissions for the stage end we will go on to another playtesting break where we will finally do a viability rankings, compile metagame resources, and consider balance changes.

Base/First Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VQ2G1bbR3yDVbmmPJAQ7BAqBtGPlmP9u8q3F8Zx26X4
Banlist: Standard NDOU bans and clauses.

With a base already formed it'll actually take some time before the next slate is formed, after the metagame is playable we will do a playtesting phase to check what pokemon perform well, what pokemon perform poorly (if at all) and discuss the metagame, then start a new submission phase with users submitting pokemon made to handle and adapt to the more powerful pokemon in the metagame, its important to do this because the sheer amount of submissions introduced each submission slate can heavily alter what is needed in the metagame and what changes some pokemon would need to fit, the general plan of the mod is to keep going on a submission->playtesting->balancing->submission cycle.

During the submission phase a host will be assigned and their job is simple, they will accept private messages, either via discord or the forum with pokemon submissions, the only duty of the host is compile the submissions giving no information about what other users are doing and only stepping in if the submission might be proven to be detrimental to the mod (mainly due to poor balancing), but other "mistakes" like overlap in roles or typings are not going to be warned.
Fakemon Name:
Weight:
Stats:
Typing:
Abilities:
Movepool:
Name:
Category:
BP: (optional on status moves)
Accuracy: (remember that 100 and "-" are different with the later ignoring accuracy checks)
Typing:
Secondary effect(s): (feel free to skip is there aren't any)
Other properties: (Contact ?, sound ?, bypasses substitute ?, ignores protect ?, self targetting ?, jaw move?, punch move?, etc)

We will try to keep balancing feedback minimal and trust the balance sense of the users (its important to keep the mistery of what others are doing) if we notice people are going out of their way to do seemingly broken pokemon compared to the information already public in the spreadsheet, or ignoring balance warnings, or testing grounds to see how far they can get before a warning we reserve the right to reject the submission. The only requirements to participate in the submission phase (besides messaging the host) its actually participating playtesting phase or discussion phase, since the judgement of someone that actually participates in either is bound to be better than from others.

Council members:
DuoM2 :duosion:
El Cadaver :shiftry:

ViZar

your toast is burned
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Néwcomers

Concept: Create Prevolutions for existing Pokémon
Explanation: This mod is based on the SS NFE format and the goal is to make a pre-evolution for every single stage Pokémon (even some Legendaries), thus expanding the existing NFE format.
1. Slate Ideas
The Council will decide on 2-4 Pokémon that will get a pre-evolution. The Community can make suggestions and can decide on it as well.

2. Submission Slate
Slates will be 3-4 days long. Rules will vary based on the Slate and its Pokémon, but here are the general rules.
  • BST limit is 500 and the minimum is 380.​
  • The Prevo must have the primary Typing of its Evo. You can give it a secondary Type if the Evo has two types.​
  • The movepool is the same as its Evo, except for moves like Hyper Beam, Giga Impact, Signature moves, etc.​
  • The Prevo has to have the same amount of abilities as its Evo.​
  • No Custom Elements​
3. Voting Phase

[SPOILER = Self Voting]

Miscellaneous: The mod would have a Council (currently its only me)

:gs/lugia: Pokemon Shine :gs/ho-oh:
So, you may be wondering "Hey regic what is this all about", Well, as an answer, in this Pet Mod, we take pokemon, moves, items and megas from the enxt generations. as you'd expect, this is a gen 2 Pet Mod.

so, keep in mind that when making your submissions, move categories are based on typing unless they're status moves.
SUBMISSION RULES
1. slate 1 will mostly set the power level for the mod. try to abide by that for the next slates!

2. no devamped Ubers will be allowed. there would of course be an ubers format for that.

3. try to not minmax your submissions! and also try to keep their BST 525 or below.

as a piece of advice, while there is no BST limit when buffing pokemon, its advised to keep them to a minimun, unless you have to make the BST that high, because that pokemon just needed a buff that much.
DISCLAIMER: im not trying to "plagiarize" Hoenn Gaiden.
in this petmod, users can also submit regional variants of pokemon, along with entirely NEW moves, items and pokemon (along with pokemon forms)!
tho it'll still resemble the gen 2 metagame in some way, with the 15 IVs, max EVs on every stat and no natures.
you can also buff existing pokemon.

Name:
Stats:
Type:
Movepool:
Flavor:
Height:
Weight:
Description:
Flavor: (Optional)

Name:
Original Pokemon:
Stats:
Type:
Movepool:
Weight:
Height:
Description:
Flavor: (Optional)

Name: Seviper-Johto
Original Pokemon: Seviper
Stats: Same as Seviper
Type: Dragon
Relevant Moves: Outrage, Fire Blast, Coil, Crunch, Earthquake, Toxic, Sludge Bomb, Giga Drain, Sucker Punch, Taunt, X-Scissor
Weight: Same as Seviper
Height: Same as Seviper
Description:
Flavor:

Pokemon beeing buffed:
New Stats:
New Type:
New Moves:

Pokemon beeing buffed: Carnivine
New Stats: 80/115/95/105/83/46 (524 BST)
New Type: (none)
New Moves: Spiky Shield
(this would also be used for the move buffs.)
Move Name:
BP:
PP:
Effect:
Accuracy:
Type:
Pokemon that learn it:

Item Name:
Effect:
Pokemon affected by it: (if signature or something like that)
Can it be Knocked off:

Pokemon:
Type Changes: (Optional)
Stats:
New Moves: (Optional)
Description:
Flavor:

(most)main legendaries arent allowed for submission. same gos for their signature moves.
i also dont know coding so help would be greatly appreciated!

mechanic changes would happen, although mostly cosmetic and wouldn't affect gameplay too much..

VOTING RULES
1. if you want to copy a vote, feel free. just mention wich vote you're copying.

2. you have a maximium of 2 first place self votes.

if you wish to join the council, contact me via PM here on smogon or in discord (regic boat#1759)
Current Council:
:drapion:Regic Boat:drapion:
:arbok:Clastia:arbok:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)