Resource Pet Mods Workshop

[Gen 8 NatDex OU] Guardians
In this Pet Mod, we would be making moves, abilities, and items out of Pokémon. These would be called "totems". Each totem would fulfill 3 “aspects”. Every move would be the "competitive spirit" of the Pokémon, every ability would be the "intrinsic sprit" (think flavor/Dex entry-like) of the Pokémon, and every item would be the "literal spirit" (think Transform/Imposter-like) of the Pokémon. Aspect and spirit are interchangeable terms. The competitive spirit can function as a move in addition to its other effects. The literal spirit would transform the holder into the totem Pokémon and may be adjusted for balance purposes, as in, it wouldn’t have to be an exact copy of the totem Pokémon. Each totem can provide up to 3 moves that the totem can learn. Another aspect of this mod would be to create "Guardian" Pokémon. These humanoid, shape-shifting Pokémon would guard certain elements of the Pokémon world. Any Pokémon location is acceptable. For example, the Wind Guardian would guard the skies. Each Guardian would be a Fakemon. Only Guardians can use totems. Only one of the three totem aspects can be equipped for each Guardian. When a Guardian wears a totem, it will be revealed, and what slot the totem is equipped in will be revealed as well. For each Guardian, one custom ability and 3 custom moves would be possible. Custom moves are allowed to be added to aspects, but only the existing custom moves that have been added as part of the Guardian slates. No custom hazards, weathers, terrains, or clones of Dexit moves are permitted. We first form the Guardian, then we decide what totems it should have. The slate process for a Guardian is as follows:
1. What element the Guardian is related to.
2.1. What the Guardian's typing, ability or abilities, including 1 optional custom ability, and stats will be like.
2.2. The Guardian's learnset, including up to 3 custom moves.
3. What 6 Pokémon will become totems for the Guardian (if totems already exist that are suitable for the Guardian, those will be assigned).
4. Totem creation. You don't have to submit 6 complete totems. Make sure you complete at least one, and make sure to list all 6 totems you want added. If an incomplete totem is subbed in, the next slate will be to "fill it out".
Once we form enough totems for the Guardian, the Guardian would be "released into the wild" (coded and be playable in [Gen 8] OU).

Last edited:

Ema Skye

Work!
:ho-oh: :espeon: Return to Orre :lugia: :umbreon:
This is a micrometa that only uses Pokemon obtainable in Coloseum and XD. To bulk out the list a bit more, I have expanded the list to include Gen 4+ evolutions, branched evolutions as well as the Fairy-type. As part of the process, Shadow moves from XD will be turned into usable moves and distributed to Pokemon in the mod. Shadow-type is not part of the mod.

Our slates will also involve buffs/nerfs to Pokemon in the Pokemon here as there's a lot of variety (Ho-oh and Ledian in the same format...). We aren't going to have an Ubers tier so some obviously strong Pokemon will be getting nerfed.

This will be a Nat Dex mod so Megas are here too. Unlike Hoenn Gaiden, this is a Gen 8 mod so all existing moves, abilities and items are here.

Pokemon selection is:
Pokemon Change Rules
  • BST changes by +/- 80
  • No Customs
  • No Type Changes
  • Changes should consider the Pokemon's (attempted) role
Pokemon Name:
Role: (e.g. sweeper that relies on x set-up move, special attacker for y type). Again, do not stray too far from the roles they were initially meant to occupy.
Stat Changes (If Any):
Ability Changes (If Any):
Movepool Changes (If Any):
What sets this Pokemon apart from ones with similar roles?: This is the most important part of any submission. I'm not expecting a thesis paper, but you need to provide some pretty compelling reasoning for why when building a team one would use this Pokemon over other options. For example, if you're trying to buff Blastoise, you need to explain to me what substantial niches your submission has over other Shell Smash sweepers and/or bulky Waters depending on which aspect you want to focus on. "Oh it has x coverage move which can hit y for a bit more damage than other mons" is not good enough.

Stuff to Decide:
  • How will Shadow moves be implemented? Are they their own moves or are they like Z Moves? How will we decide distribution?
  • Could we add the beta Shadow Pokemon (this would add Minun, Grumpig, Castform, Whiscash, Wobbuffet, Wailord and Kecleon)
  • Related to the buff, should the list of Pokemon above be final or should other, limited amounts of other Pokemon be allowed to enter the meta?

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
:ho-oh: :espeon: Return to Orre :lugia: :umbreon:
This is a micrometa that only uses Pokemon obtainable in Coloseum and XD. To bulk out the list a bit more, I have expanded the list to include Gen 4+ evolutions, branched evolutions as well as the Fairy-type. As part of the process, Shadow moves from XD will be turned into usable moves and distributed to Pokemon in the mod. Shadow-type is not part of the mod.

Our slates will also involve buffs/nerfs to Pokemon in the Pokemon here as there's a lot of variety (Ho-oh and Ledian in the same format...). We aren't going to have an Ubers tier so some obviously strong Pokemon will be getting nerfed.

This will be a Nat Dex mod so Megas are here too. Unlike Hoenn Gaiden, this is a Gen 8 mod so all existing moves, abilities and items are here.

Pokemon selection is:
Pokemon Change Rules
  • BST changes by +/- 80
  • No Customs
  • No Type Changes
  • Changes should consider the Pokemon's (attempted) role
Pokemon Name:
Role: (e.g. sweeper that relies on x set-up move, special attacker for y type). Again, do not stray too far from the roles they were initially meant to occupy.
Stat Changes (If Any):
Ability Changes (If Any):
Movepool Changes (If Any):
What sets this Pokemon apart from ones with similar roles?: This is the most important part of any submission. I'm not expecting a thesis paper, but you need to provide some pretty compelling reasoning for why when building a team one would use this Pokemon over other options. For example, if you're trying to buff Blastoise, you need to explain to me what substantial niches your submission has over other Shell Smash sweepers and/or bulky Waters depending on which aspect you want to focus on. "Oh it has x coverage move which can hit y for a bit more damage than other mons" is not good enough.

Stuff to Decide:
  • How will Shadow moves be implemented? Are they their own moves or are they like Z Moves? How will we decide distribution?
  • Could we add the beta Shadow Pokemon (this would add Minun, Grumpig, Castform, Whiscash, Wobbuffet, Wailord and Kecleon)
  • Related to the buff, should the list of Pokemon above be final or should other, limited amounts of other Pokemon be allowed to enter the meta?
This might be a nice meta considering the small selection of obtainable Pokémon in comparison of the mainline Gen 3 games.

Beta Shadow Pokémon can go in since it adds slightly more diversity. Protean Kecleon is particularly notable addition. Also odd to start the mod with Plusle but no Minun!

I’d only allow the list to be expended slightly if we saw a drought of a certain type, or if that type in question doesn’t have enough potentially viable Pokémon available.

pokemon-mirror.gif

:wobbuffet:Name: Counter That Pokemon:wobbuffet:
In this metagame, we start with submitting a single pokemon. After that we will have a bunch of slates where you get to submit a pokemon that hard counters the previous pokemon. When submitting your pokemon, it is actually fine if it is too strong for the current meta, as long as it isn't unrealistically broken, due to the fact that next slate it gets a hard counter.​

DuoM2

whao
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
View attachment 379752
:wobbuffet:Name: Counter That Pokemon:wobbuffet:
In this metagame, we start with submitting a single pokemon. After that we will have a bunch of slates where you get to submit a pokemon that hard counters the previous pokemon. When submitting your pokemon, it is actually fine if it is too strong for the current meta, as long as it isn't unrealistically broken, due to the fact that next slate it gets a hard counter.​
This is different in the process, but otherwise I find this about the same as Doppelgangers.

Paulluxx

[Regional Manager of Big Shifu]
is a Community Contributor
I believe it’s meant to create a cycle of ever countered Pokémon. It’s similar but I think it’s different enough as it’s all fakemon.

I believe it’s meant to create a cycle of ever countered Pokémon. It’s similar but I think it’s different enough as it’s all fakemon.
I'm late here but this is correct. Where in Dopple, you are countering OU pokemon. Here, you are countering the previous winner each time, creating a cycle of counters.

DuoM2

whao
Really wish I had waited until I got home to post that first message since this is all stuff I could've elaborated on to begin with, but oh well. Better late than never I guess.

I thought about the big cycle thing, but don't honestly think that's enough to call these two mods different. When subbing, you would still go through the exact same beats as you would if you were to make a sub for Doppelgangers - considering one or multiple sets of a certain Pokemon and finding a way to wall, break past, or nullify all of those in one teamslot. The process is all the same, and I like the idea of the whole cycle thing, but it doesn't really make enough of a difference for that reason.

The all-Fakemon thing compared to Doppelgangers being based on OU would be a bigger difference, but I still don't think it's enough of a distinction. By that logic you could take most Pet Mod ideas, make them add-ons to Natdex OU, and then call it a day.

:necrozma:1v1 CUP:primarina:
Description: 1v1 CUP is a pet mod which has a single winning Pokemon each slate, and a tourney is held once that slate is over. The Pokemon is also added to the mod's main roster. Battles follow the smogon 1v1 ruleset.

Tourney: Only the winning Pokemon of the slate can be used, and Hidden Power would be banned. The tourney's function as a case study of how a meta can evolve in a short amount of time. One example of this could be Necrozma. A Necrozma tourney would likely have a lot of Necrozma using Dark Pulse to hit opposing Necrozma SE. Player's could then start teching with Weakness Policy or increased SpDef investment. This could again be countered by Necrozma starting to run a physical Shadow Claw set, and so on and so forth.

Pokemon:
Notable Moves:
Tourney Meta:
1v1 Meta:

Pokemon: Necrozma
Notable Moves: Prismatic Laser, Photon Geyser, Stored Power, Dark Pulse, Shadow Claw, Heat Wave, Swords Dance, Calm Mind, Iron Defense, Toxic, Morning Sun, Substitute
Notable Items: Weakness Policy, Choice Band, Choice Specs, Colbur Berry, Kasib Berry
Tourney Meta: Necrozma can use Dark Pulse or Shadow Claw to hit itself supereffectively, Swords Dance or Calm Mind to set up for an OHKO, and Toxic, Morning Sun, and Protect can be used to Toxic stall the opponent. Substitute could be used as a tech to counter Toxic stall strategies. Weakness Policy and the berries can be used to take advantage of the common supereffective moves.
1v1 Meta: With Necrozma's above average bulk, it has the ability to survive most strong hits and fire back with a powerful attack. The most common sets would probably run Prismatic Laser, Photon Geyser, and Heat Wave. The last move would be whatever coverage the user wants. Choice Specs would be the most likely item thanks to its power boost. Stored Power with Iron Defense and Calm Mind could also be a niche set thanks to Stored Power and Moonlight synergizing well with them. A 50% berry would most likely be used on this set.

Council: Me and Neon are council at the moment. I have quite a bit of experience in SS 1v1 and Neon was the og person who thought of a One Mon Cup meta, albeit it was very different than the current iteration. We'd appreciate if someone who's more experienced at running a pet mod joined council. If you're interested, DM me at Not_Shiva#6767 or Neon at GameOfChairs999#5519
:snivy: Not_Shiva :snivy:
:flygon: NeonNitroGlycerin :flygon:

[Gen 1] Glitchmons
In this mod, we would take the RGBY glitchmons (found here and here) and modify them to have a usable place in [Gen 1] OU. We would also take the glitch moves and make them into actual viable moves. The glitchmons would give a lot of mons some additional moves, since they evolve into existing mons a lot of the time.

(I cannot run this mod if Guardians gets accepted, just throwing it out there.)

Putting 2 things here, one's a revision on something I have in the Submission Thread already while the one in the HIDE box is a completely new idea that I had but can't put in the submission thread (it would be posted and run by Ema Skye instead) cuz I'll put the revision there, so if someone wants to steal it then lmk

:sm/araquanid: <-> :sm/masquerain:
Pet Mod Name: Forging Links: A Missing Links Spin-Off
Pet Mod Concept: Missing Links added elements to Pokémon in order to let them mirror their counterparts once again. In Forging Links, we would create Fakemon and link it to existing Pokémon in a similar way. Think of how Araquanid was created as a counterpart to Masquerain
Explanation: In this National Dex OU-based Pet Mod, instead of filling-in unfinished pairs between two Pokémon, we create brand new Pokémon, that are hopefully OU viable, to act as counterparts to existing Pokémon. To forge a link to another Pokémon, you can add/subtract BST, add Evolutions, Prevolutions, Mega Evolutions, Regional Forms and Evolutions, Alternate Forms, Signature Z-Moves, and Abilities.
:sm/meditite:
So, say you wanted to create a Fakemon that's a counterpart of Meditate

To make a Meditite counterpart, you'd create a Pokémon with 280 BST and 2 abilities with an evolution that has 410 BST and 2 abilities and a Mega Evolution with 510 BST.

:sm/rockruff:
Now, if you wanted to create a Fakemon that's a counterpart of Rockruff, you'd make a make a Pokémon with a BST of 280 and 4 abilities with an evolution that has 487 BST with 3 forms, 2 of which have 3 abilities and one of which has 1 ability. The evolution's forms would also share a signature Z-Move.
Example Submission
:sm/meditite:
Pokémon: Penguino (Name of Fakemon (hopefully more creative than this lol))
Linking to: Meditite
Type:
(typings have nothing to do with links, so it can be whatever)
Abilities: Swift Swim / Big Pecks (abilities can be changed as long as you have 2 for this link)
Stats: 55/30/40/55/40/60 (280 BST) (Stats can be anything as long as it hits the exact BST required)
Notable Moves: Ice Beam, Blizzard Surf, Calm Mind, U-Turn, Knock Off, Psychic, Weather Ball (Put any moves this Pokémon could viably run in a competitive setting here)
Flavor Moves: Aurora Veil, Rain Dance, Brine, Aurora Beam, Thief, Peck, Drill Peck, Aqua Jet, Hail (Put any other moves you want the Pokémon to have here)
Learns Universal Moves?: Yes (Put 'Yes" if you want this Pokémon to have all universal moves. Put "Yes, except for [Move]" if you want to exclude any of the moves, and put "No" if you don't want it to learn any universal moves. The list of universal moves I use is as follows: Attract, Bide, Captivate, Confide, Curse, Double Team, Double-Edge, Endure, Facade, Frustration, Hidden Power, Mimic, Natural Gift, Protect, Rage, Rest, Return, Round, Secret Power, Sleep Talk, Snore, Substitute, Swagger, Take Down, Toxic, Giga Impact (Fully Evolved mons), Hyper Beam (Fully evolved mons))
Weight: 5 kg (Required for weight-based interactions)
Flavor (Optional): It's a penguin, so cute (Flavor isn't required but encouraged. Should also be much more descriptive than this. Flavor can be whatever you want since counterparts don't need to be connected in lore)
Competitive Overview: It's LC (LC would be a thing but you don't have to give an Overview for LC mons unless it's something like Scyther or you purposely make it viable)
:sm/medicham:
Pokémon: Penguinyo
Linking to: Medicham
Type:

Abilities: Swift Swim / Big Pecks
Stats: 60/60/60/75/75/80 (410 BST)
Notable Moves: Ice Beam, Blizzard Surf, Calm Mind, U-Turn, Knock Off, Psychic, Weather Ball, Aura Sphere, Focus Blast, Hydro Pump, Flash Cannon
Flavor Moves: Aurora Veil, Rain Dance, Brine, Aurora Beam, Thief, Peck, Drill Peck, Aqua Jet, Hail, Force Palm, Brick Break, Drain Punch, Close Combat, Coaching
Learns Universal Moves?: Yes
Weight: 20 kg
Flavor (Optional): It's a feisty Pokémon, so scary
Competitive Overview: An Ice-type Swift Swimmer with good coverage and a pivoting move to boot (Submitters should give a bit more info than this for potentially OU-viable mons, but you get the idea)
:sm/medicham-mega:
Pokémon: Mega Penguinyo
Linking to: Mega Medicham
Type:

Abilities: Adaptability
Stats: 60/60/60/125/85/120 (510 BST)
Notable Moves: Ice Beam, Blizzard Surf, Calm Mind, U-Turn, Knock Off, Psychic, Weather Ball, Aura Sphere, Focus Blast, Hydro Pump, Flash Cannon
Flavor Moves: Aurora Veil, Rain Dance, Brine, Aurora Beam, Thief, Peck, Drill Peck, Aqua Jet, Hail, Force Palm, Brick Break, Drain Punch, Close Combat, Coaching
Learns Universal Moves?: Yes
Weight: 25 kg
Flavor (Optional): It's a smart feisty Pokémon, so scary
Competitive Overview: Very fast and pretty strong cleaner that keeps up momentum with U-Turn

Templates for Z-Moves and alternate forms would also be provided
Unlike Missing Links, this mod is much more competitively focused, though putting flavor is encouraged. This mod would also follow the continuity of Missing Links, with everything in that mod being carried over and there would be slates to buff the weaker additions from Missing Links. Like Missing Links, custom elements are allowed as long as they're easy for me to code.

Miscellaneous & Questions:
- Do you find this version to be much more simple and focused than the previous version?
- Would this mod be better as some sort of micrometa, where only Fakemon, Pokémon edited in Missing Links, (and potentially their links) are allowed? Do you think that might be too similar to Alternatium?
- Should slates be Anything Goes (aka Free Slates, like FEUU) or structured slates (like Restrictions or Generation X)?

:gs/ho-oh::gs/lugia:
Pet Mod Name: In The Studio
Pet Mod Concept: Game Freak made multiple fundamental changes to Pokémon as a whole in Generation 2 after the massive success of Generation 1. What if we, with our knowledge of what works now and what doesn't, went back in time to did it all again?
Explanation: In this "Generation 2"-based Pet Mod, we assume the role of the design team for the second generation of Pokémon and decide what mechanical changes to make to the game based on the shortcomings of Generation 1, with a competitive focus in mind. For example, Game Freak saw that Psychic-types were broken in Generation 1, so they created 2 new types to help balance it out. In our case, we could still create new types to help balance Psychic-types, or we could nerf the Psychic-typing or buff other types to make them do better against Psychic. Additionally, we would go through every new Pokémon and change their stats to match our new "game" and hopefully make them OU viable
Issue: Psychic-types are broken
Solution: Psychic-types are now weak to Ghost and Electric. Psychic is no longer super effective against Poison and is now resisted by Ghost and Bug
Justification: Makes Psychic-types much easier to take on both offensively and defensively, Gengar specifically can beat Psychic-types way more easily

Issue: Bug-types are too weak
Solution: Leech Life is now 80 BP. Scyther, Scizor, Pinsir, Heracross, Beedrill, Sandslash, and Victreebel now learn Leech Life.
Justification: Gives Bug-types a reliable STAB move with good distribution, making Bug STAB much more desirable

Issue: Normal-types are too good
Solution: Fairy-types now exist (Special type), with all Pokémon and moves that were Fairy in Gen 6 being Fairy now. Fairy is super effective against Normal instead of Fighting and is now weak to Rock. Dazzling Gleam now exists
Justification: Gives another way to offensively check Normal-types and makes multiple Pokémon potentially more viable, namely Clefable, Azumarill, and Wigglytuff

Unless specifically addressed, any new moves and new items (if we keep that mechanic) introduced in the real Generation 2 are retained, unless they are Steel or Dark-type moves and the Steel and Dark-types aren't added (Bite would stay and it would be Normal-type unless it was changed to something else).

Council:
Ema Skye (Leader)
Yoshiblaze

Miscellaneous & Questions:
- Would this be too hard to code? (As a coder myself, I don't think so but it does sound annoying)
- Is this too similar to Hoenn Gaiden?
- Is this too open ended?
- Would "Gen 2 Redesigned", "Gen 2 Remix", "Project Pocket Monsters 2", or something like that be a better name?

Last edited:

Tapler

Coral Bitch
is a Top Social Media Contributor
Pet Mod Mashups

I’m still ironing things out here, but the idea is to combine pairs of Pet Mods into one. Rather than basing it on current OM Mashups where everything exists at once, I’d like to go back and base it on OG OM Mashups where there is one spotlighted format that gets coded and put onto DH, being swapped out every so often.

Because it’s a rotating format, we can’t spend too long on slating, so mashups would ideally be one of:
- A format that is entirely based in the what exists in the mashed up mods, so no submissions are required.
- A format where inconsistencies can be cleared up through a CCAP-style discussion over a few days.
- A format with a very brief submission slate (ie something like Blindsided or an accelerated CS Micro).

Mashup submissions will be submittable somewhere, though I also have quite a few ideas if we’re low on subs. I’ll probably choose the winning submission myself unless this gets big enough for voting on them to be a good option.

- How often should we change the spotlighted mashup? OM Mashups did it monthly but that feels too short given that coding is needed and there may be time eaten up by slates as well. On the flip side, I feel like a PMOTS-esque 3 months might be too long for people to retain interest in non-slate-based mashups.

- How bad does coding for this kind of thing sound? Ideally I’d like to avoid completely original custom elements, and stick with those in the formats being mashshed up, but while I’m sure a lot can be ripped from other formats, there may still be a lot to put together.

- Is there any actual interest in this kind of thing or would people rather just have mashups be fully fleshed-out, permanent mods in the vein of SSS?

DuoM2

whao
Hello, welcome to Pet Mods!
I'm tempted to make a petmod that adds glitchmon and glitch moves... but I'm not quite sure where to start...
There are exceptions, but most glitch Pokemon, moves, etc. are in the first two generations. To start out I'd just look around the internet to see what all I could find if I were you, just looking up "glitch Pokemon gen 1" for example should get you pretty far. You should also probably keep everything you find on a Google Sheet so you have a good place to store what you find and people can digest it easier. Anyways, there was a similar, but not identical format that existed for this with a few Gen 1 glitchmons and it was very unbalanced, as you may expect for something like this, so you should also start thinking about where you want to draw the line that makes something banworthy.

Because of how few options there are for glitchmons, you might want to consider turning this into a Solomod as well. Basically, Solomods are formats where one person decides everything, while more general Pet Mods usually have the community submit and vote on Pokemon until they have a complete meta. It's up to you how you want to take this, but if you can find a way to get the community involved outside of battling, then this wouldn't be a Solomod.

I might look dumb since I don't really know how to create an interesting pet mod and all that kind of stuff,but I got an Idea I really wanted to share.
Unwanted Abilities
Based on NatDex Ag Metagame
Speciality:All pokemon with an abilities that nerf the pokemon using it gain a whole new ability that is actually good to replace the bad ability.(a signature one or an already existing one).The Goal of that meta is too make normally bad pokemon because of their ability now the strongest threath in the metagame.
Specification:All pokemon with the same bad abilities don't get the same new abilities.Ex:Even if Slaking AND Durant both have Truant,Slaking could get Comatose and Durant could get Strong Jaw or Full Metal Body.Every pokemon from the same evolutionary line don't get the same new ability.So Archen could get Rattled/Solid Rock and Archeops could get Rock Head.And for the vote,the new abilities of the pokemon need to fit with him(his look,typing and movepool),so we don't give Refrigerate to Archen for exemple.Even if the pokemon have another ability that dont nerf the user,he is still able to gain a new ability to replace the bad one.
All Pokemon affected:
Slakoth(Truant)
Slaking(Truant)
Skitty(Normalize)
Delcatty(Normalize)
Sableye(Stall)
Bunneary(Klutz)
Lopunny(Klutz)
Regigigas(Slow Start)
Archen(Defeatist)
Archeops(Defeatist)
Woobat(Klutz)
Swoobat(Klutz)
Golet(Klutz)
Golurk(Klutz)
Durant(Truant)
Audino(Klutz)
Stufful(Klutz)
Bewear(Klutz)
Toxel(Klutz)

DuoM2

whao
I might look dumb since I don't really know how to create an interesting pet mod and all that kind of stuff,but I got an Idea I really wanted to share.
Unwanted Abilities
Based on NatDex Ag Metagame
Speciality:All pokemon with an abilities that nerf the pokemon using it gain a whole new ability that is actually good to replace the bad ability.(a signature one or an already existing one).The Goal of that meta is too make normally bad pokemon because of their ability now the strongest threath in the metagame.
Specification:All pokemon with the same bad abilities don't get the same new abilities.Ex:Even if Slaking AND Durant both have Truant,Slaking could get Comatose and Durant could get Strong Jaw or Full Metal Body.Every pokemon from the same evolutionary line don't get the same new ability.So Archen could get Rattled/Solid Rock and Archeops could get Rock Head.And for the vote,the new abilities of the pokemon need to fit with him(his look,typing and movepool),so we don't give Refrigerate to Archen for exemple.Even if the pokemon have another ability that dont nerf the user,he is still able to gain a new ability to replace the bad one.
All Pokemon affected:
Slakoth(Truant)
Slaking(Truant)
Skitty(Normalize)
Delcatty(Normalize)
Sableye(Stall)
Bunneary(Klutz)
Lopunny(Klutz)
Regigigas(Slow Start)
Archen(Defeatist)
Archeops(Defeatist)
Woobat(Klutz)
Swoobat(Klutz)
Golet(Klutz)
Golurk(Klutz)
Durant(Truant)
Audino(Klutz)
Stufful(Klutz)
Bewear(Klutz)
Toxel(Klutz)
Hey, welcome to the subforum! Some people might disagree with me, but I feel like this is a bit of a more limited version of ViAbilities. Not the same, but I honestly think it's a bit too similar. ViAbilities did basically exactly what this mod would aim to do already, but did so while letting people explore ideas for new abilities and boosting whatever random Pokemon that they felt really needed it as well. You talked down to yourself at the beginning of your post, so let me just say this - you're never gonna look dumb for getting your ideas out there, it's not easy to come up with a good idea that nobody else has come up with before. Keep your mind to it and you'll get there, though.

zxgzxg

scrabble
is a Forum Moderator
Super Smash Mods: Project M

Premise: In previous Smash mods, existing Pokemon would be submitted from other Pet Mods. In this mod, Pokemon would be created based on the ruleset of other mods (so a Smash mod with original mons).

Submission:
  • Before the slate, a Pet Mod would be chosen. This can include current and Gen 7 Pet Mods (like Eternal Pokemon, Itemized, etc.)
  • Submitters would have to follow the rules of that Pet Mod for that slate (unless it's something like Two-Step Mons where it needs 2 slates to work)
  • Small change from normal Smash mods: custom elements with Mods that only make custom elements (stuff like ViAbilities and Bust a Move) would affect every mon, not just mons from that mod
Current Gen
Branched Potential
Break This Team
Breeding Variants
Bust a Move
Clean Slate
Crossover Chaos / Crossover Chaos Expanded
Dopplegangers
Fresh Takes
Fusion Evolution
Item Factory
Metamorphosis
Megamax***
Megas For All
Missing Links***
Multiverse
Nerfmons
Optimons
Partner Pokemon
Regional Variants
Restrictions
Roulettemons
Stereotypes
Sylvemons
The Complete Pokedex Project
Two Step 'Mons
Ubermons
ViAbilities
Z-Revival

Past Gen
All the Aces (Pokemon are given new forms based on TGC forms)
Battle Ready! (Pokemon are given a "Battle Bond" form, with an activation condition, BST buff, and move buff)
Eternal Pokemon (NFE Pokemon are given an Eternal form like Floette-Eternal)
Eevee'd (Pokemon are given multiple evolutions for as many types as desired)
Evos for Everyone (Single-stage Pokemon are given an evolution)
Fourth Frontier (Third-stage Pokemon with under 500 BST are given a fourth stage)
Itemized (Every Pokemon is given a signature item)
Mega Mirrors (Mega Pokemon are given X and Y forms)
Tetrabilities (Pokemon are given 4 abilities)
Twinmons (Pokemon are given out-of-battle forms)
Z-Moves Everywhere (Pokemon are given signature Z-moves)

Mods based off of any metagame that wasn't Generation 5-8 6v6 singles were not included. Mods not focused on a single concept (DLCmons, Sylvemons, etc.) were not included, as their concepts are covered by other mods.

We will probably not get to some of these, as the meta may become too large.
Voting:
  • Voting works like it would for the mod of the slate

Can't think of much else to add. Y'all know how Smash mods work.

Last edited:

DuoM2

whao
Around the World
So those of you who pay very close attention to the Pet Mods Discord might know where I'm going with this, as I've hinted about something similar to this last night. I've wanted another mod like MMM for a while now, but more "every man for themselves" and less likely to get people...emotional, to say the least...and I think I've come up with something pretty good after only a little while of thinking.

This is a Fakemon mod where you have zero limitations on what to sub, and voting would work just as it would with a minor exception I'll get into later. It is possible for someone to "win" this mod, though. In order for a user to win, they must have at least one winning sub for 14 of the 18 types. A dual-typed Pokemon will count for both types, so if you win with a Ghost/Fairy and a Steel/Fire, you'll have 10 types left to go. It would be very easy for people to play favorites or block someone out of winning, so for the sake of fairness, I will have everyone DM me their subs and I'll post them all here anonymously at the same time. You will then vote, and you'll know who made each sub after voting ends, so you'll be able to accurately tell what all types someone has left.

In addition, by request on Discord, I've added a new rule to this. When you sign up, you will give me four types that will NOT count towards winning the game. If for example you pick Grass, Steel, Fighting, and Normal, you have to get a winning submission of the 14 other types in order to win. You can still submit Pokemon of any type, even if it's one you've already won with or if it's one of these four, but you can just ignore these when counting votes for your final tally.

There is a bit of strategy that can go into this, but I won't go over it. I want people to be able to think through this mod themselves to see how they want to approach this mod, and whoever has the best strategy and the best submissions will likely end up winning. I will say, though, that the final rounds will be almost certainly pivotal in this mod regardless of how big of a headstart someone gets. I think it will be at least a little bit harder to close out your last types when you have the spotlight on you and people will avoid voting for the types you have left.

Miscellaneous notes and questions...
  • If you think you know what the optimal way to sub for this mod would be, don't say it! I don't know or care if it's obvious to you or in general, it may not be obvious to someone else. This isn't a rule but you'll be putting yourself at a major disadvantage by not hiding this information for yourself. Knowing this though, I'm sure someone won't think about it or won't care enough and will ignore this.
  • No customs. I don't know how many subs this mod is going to get and I do not want another NatDex Plus to happen.
  • I will be allowing 3 subs per person each slate, but am open to changing this number.
  • There will be around 3-5 winning Fakemon per slate.
  • All subs will be hidden until voting. There won't be a spreadsheet that gets updated frequently or whatever, just one big fat post that'll be dropped when voting starts. It'll be sorted alphabetically by the Fakemons' species names.
  • I originally had it so you had to get all 18 types to win, but I feel like this would have too big of a stalemate at the end. It would be very easy for people to just avoid entire types until we have twelve people in the finals and the meta would be oversaturated with a few types of Fakemon. The rules were changed to what you see now to combat this.
  • In order to avoid people picking favorites with other people, I'll likely assign everyone with a randomly-chosen Pokemon as well when they sign up in order to combat this as best as possible. This will have no impact on this mod, it'll just be to make sure people don't get any alias that can be tied to them super easily. Let's say I get Barboach. If I win with a Grass/Steel in Slate 1 and a Normal/Dragon in Slate 3, you all will know that Barboach won with those Fakemon instead of DuoM2 winning with those Fakemon. I'd like to think I'm pretty popular here and I have a feeling that a few people definitely treat me differently because I'm a mod, and I don't want that to impact this mod.
  • I will not be voting for anything, not even to break ties, since I will know who's who and could pick favorites. I will also not be vetoing any subs, and buffs and nerfs will not happen with one possible exception that you will see later in this post.
  • Like I've been doing for my EXTREME mods, I'll be one-man-teaming council this time around because it's ideal for me to do all of the heavy lifting myself. I'm sure nobody else wants to sacrifice themselves to know who's who so they can help me run the spreadsheet. Helps that there will be no rebalances.
  • Discussion will be held in this mod's own Discord server, which will be made if it gets accepted.
  • I'll explain how ties work both for individual votes and the freak chance that two people win the mod at the same time in my opening post if this gets accepted.

• Does the premise sound fun to sub for? Would you participate in it?
  • Are there any flaws in my process? Any oversights, improvements, or other things to consider?
  • It's possible for me to give a prize to the winner to give more incentive to win. Any ideas? Should I do anything for the runner-ups? My current idea was letting the winner buff and nerf three Pokemon each, and maybe letting anyone else who was close doing one of each as well beforehand. You'll definitely be getting a cool color on this mod's Discord though.
Hope you guys like the idea!

TailGlowVM

Now 100% more demonic
LogicMons

This is an old Pet Mod from SM that interests me. The idea is to introduce logical changes to Pokemon based on flavour. The best source for this is Pokedex entries, but animations, egg groups, and other lore is acceptable. Changes must be based on logic and lore, and while most are going to have to be relevant competitively (to a tier in which the Pokemon would be or is viable), I will allow some purely flavourful additions when there is a very strong case to include them (such as Cut Zangoose or Fly Yanmega level obviousness, say).

There are likely to be some new custom elements, but there does have to be good reason for these too (like a Pokemon being centered around a theme that could be used for an ability). There are also likely to be some changes to moves and abilities based on the flavour.

I believe there could be interesting potential for new changes this generation based on the distribution of the many new TMs and TRs in Galar. However, I'd like to propose a different voting system to the SM version (the first time it asked people to submit flavour additions for certain Pokemon each week, and the second time was a free-for-all for submissions where the leader had to approve anything). My plan is that there is a time period (a week, or perhaps a bit more?) where anyone can submit changes, and then people can vote on whether or not to implement each individual change submitted since the last slate (but with the council having the right to outright veto any change it dislikes.)

I've got a few more precise ideas I'm interested to see what you think of:
  • We EITHER need to decide we aren't making anything at all hugely overpowered and tiering entirely follows SS like in CAP (so no Tough Claws Weavile)
    OR we can break stuff in the name of flavour (though I will have some limits.)
Which would you prefer?
  • To make sure we get to utilise as many of the changes as possible, my plan is like this: We have a single ladder on the server and one format in the teambuilder, but within the format we use each tier from OU to ZU (possibly Little Cup as well?), with players agreeing which tier they want to play, and, as the playerbase won't be large enough for standard tiering updates, have tier shifts by viability like in Generations 1-3 (which will be based off vanilla tiering, but with adjustments made to modified Pokemon when appropriate.) Since activity will be pretty low on the ladder, I think this ought to work. (If we get a temporary Showdown ladder for being PMOTS or Leader's Choice, it'll be considered to be the OU format on the ladder.)
  • This will be an SS-based mod, so I'd like to request that "similar or same Pokemon gets move in Legends: Arceus" is on its own not a valid flavour argument. A lot of the changes there are pretty game-breaking at initial glances, it's a single-player game so balance isn't as big a factor as usual, and the movepool buffs probably won't all be implemented in Generation 9. This doesn't mean we can't have some changes from there (I did want Toxicroak to get Close Combat in Sw/Sh, for instance) but there has to be other flavour from other games to justify it.
  • Stat redistribution and increase is going to be allowed (looking at you, Vikavolt) but I don't think it's really appropriate to have fixed limits. Instead, I'll just have to trust creators to stay within reason, and I will say if I think you have taken it too far.
Here's a few of my ideas to put on an initial slate, to show you the kind of changes I was intending here, though you can look back at the old threads for more:

:toxicroak: +Close Combat: Almost every Fighting-type Pokemon get this in Sword/Shield, so why not Toxicroak? A Pokedex entry even states "Swaying and dodging the attacks of its foes, it weaves its flexible body in close, then lunges out with its poisonous claws."
:thundurus: +Bolt Strike: Thundurus is literally the Bolt Strike Pokemon. I'm not a huge fan of giving out signature legendary moves left and right, but this is an oddly specific name...
:vikavolt: +special Electric-type Quick Attack clone: Vikavolt's unflavourfully low speed is well-known, but to give it worthwhile speed would require reworking its stats entirely. For an alternative idea, let's take a look at some other Pokedex entries, which talk about it quickly firing jolts of electricity. This made me think of this new move idea (submissions welcome for a name).
:goodra: +Recover: Goodra is a good candidate for Recover given that a) slugs and snails can regenerate their bodies, and b) several other slug/snail Pokemon get it for presumably that reason, like Magcargo, Accelgor and Gastrodon.

Last edited:

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
Type Redo

Main Objective: Give the bottom three types, based off voting, and figure out how to make the improve type and Pokémon with this type without going away with the intended role of the type itself (or give one if the current one is too niche). This will be either Gen 8 OU or NatDex depending on first voting phase.
  • Slate 1 will be discussing how to improve the type in question before making restrictions on how to improve the type itself.
  • Slate 2 will be about directly buffing the type with new resistances, removed weakness, new super effective match up and removed not very effective match ups. If it already isn’t immune to anything, it can also be immune to one type and / or up to three related statuses.
    • Ice, for example, can only be given one resistance and a quick vote option on whether or not Ice should be immune to itself. However, Freeze can be revamped by having its’ uncompetitive aspects replaced by a new function. Or something like that. Ice’s offensive match up will never be touched, as it is favorably strong as is.
    • Bug, on the other hand, may need heavier buff both on offense and defense in terms of match-up. A new immunity of any kind would also be permitted.
  • Slate 3 will be two things:
    • Directly buffing untiered Pokémon. They will be listed according to either Gen 7 tiering (if not in SwSh) or Gen 8 (if it is the case). Stat changes (+= 50 BST, no higher than 600), adding moves it normally doesn’t learn, giving it an additional Ability, etc, so long that it doesn’t go too far from it’s intended role.
      • BST consistency between branched evolutions will be enforced; for example, Glaceon must not have their BST higher than other Eeveelution.
    • Making new Pokémon. Maximum BST is 600, but recommended range goes from 470 to 530 depending on the type combination, Abilities and learnset given. Any type combination is permitted so long as the spotlighted Type is utilized. ”New” regional forms and ”new” evolutions (or both combined) are permitted, but for the latter, any Pokémon already a second evolution (Raichu, Clefable, Wigglytuff) cannot receive one.
    • In either case, diversity is highly encouraged; we do not want viable Ice-type to be only fast sweepers, for example. So take the type in question into consideration in terms of defensive match-ups.
  • Slate 4 will be making new moves + Abilities or modifying old ones with the type in question. Similarly to JolteMons, the winner Moves and Abilities’ distribution will be done by the council, although discussion is highly encouraged in the meantime.
The cycle repeat until the three bottom types are buffed, and future slates after that will be direct buffs, direct nerfs or filling in what’s missing.

Last edited:

Ema Skye

Work!
Pet Mod Name: PokeVerse Stadium
Pet Mod Concept: A NatDex based mod that incorporates BDSP/PLA's movepool changes, PLA's new mons, and the IoA/PLA new moves to imagine a world where Dexit never existed. The PLA mons are also given revised movepools.
Explanation: Evolved from a conversation about the PLA mons on showdown. The idea here would be if you could manipulate movesets, build teams and battle within Pokemon Home, with every option at your fingertips.
Miscellaneous: Would be a quick meta to create as there's only 7 new Pokemon and 10 forms in PLA, and the 19 move tutors would be fairly quick to go through. We would need to decide how to implement the PLA moves as their mechanics are different, and so how we translate them is up for interpretation. The key word is 'translate', instead of 'repurpose'.

Wyrdeer
Kleavor
Ursaluna
Basculegion
Sneasler
Overqwil
Enamorous

Arcanine-Hisui
Electrode-Hisui
Lilligant-Hisui
Avalugg-Hisui
Zoroark-Hisui
Braviary-Hisui
Goodra-Hisui
Typhlosion-Hisui
Samurott-Hisui
Decidueye-Hisui

Burning Jealousy
Coaching
Corrosive Gas
Dual Wingbeat
Expanding Force
Flip Turn
Grassy Glide
Lash Out
Meteor Beam
Misty Explosion
Mystical Power
Poltergeist
Rising Voltage
Scale Shot
Scorching Sands
Skitter Smack
Steel Roller
Terrain Pulse
Triple Axel

Dire Claw
Psyshield Bash
Power Shift
Stone Axe
Springtide Storm
Raging Fury
Wave Crash
Chloroblast
Mountain Gale
Victory Dance
Headlong Rush
Barb Barrage
Esper Wing
Bitter Malice
Shelter
Triple Arrows
Infernal Parade
Ceaseless Edge
Bleakwind Storm
Wildbolt Storm
Sandsear Storm
Lunar Blessing
Take Heart

Last edited:
Pet Mod Name: Planned Dex (Name still pending. Might do "Not so Random Dex")
Pet Mod Concept: This is a pet mod based on Random Dex where instead of randomly generating the pokemon you can play with, the players get to submit evolutionary lines that can be voted in like most pet mods.
Explanation: This meta will be national dex meaning mega evolution, z-moves and dexited moves such as hidden power will be allowed. The main problem with Random Dex is it is too close to vanilla and not very much can be influenced by the people. This changes that as now the people get to choose all the pokemon that get in.
Questions:
- Should we still have an Ubers & UU format now that people are voting in the pokemon?
- Is this format still too close to vanilla?
- Would others be interested in a version of Random Dex where the people can have more influence?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)