Pokémon Let's Go! - Pikachu and Eevee

Does anyone know where the best place would be to talk about what the best sets are for pokemon lets go? Deciding what natures to go with for the gen 1 starters but they are way different without their abilities

Does anyone know where the best place would be to talk about what the best sets are for pokemon lets go? Deciding what natures to go with for the gen 1 starters but they are way different without their abilities
Consider you have a infinite amount of bulbasaur charm and squirtle to catch so you can even afford to try some.
However with limited movesets and no abilities, they're quite meh

I think they should make the process faster. Increase yields from pokemon or have easy +3 stat mons to farm off of. XY's horde evs was ten times faster than Call for help mechanic and I think they changed that to drag it out.

I feel if you wanna play legit you gotta still stay by actually being a trainer. Otherwise just generate them and call it a day

So I've started playing the game and the idea of it also being targeted at returning players is soooo obvious with the subtle nods to nostalgia (such as trainers having the same poses as their RBY sprites).

I'm liking the fact you can change nicknames on the fly. What I didn't like, though, is some noticeable framerate drops in Viridian Forest... which was not helped as I spent almost 10 minutes waiting for one damn Bulbasaur to spawn.

Right now my team is composed of Bulbasaur, the two Nidoran, Spearow and Pidgey.

Last edited:
So I've started playing the game and the idea of it also being targeted at returning players is soooo obvious with the subtle nods to nostalgia (such as trainers having the same poses as their RBY sprites).

I'm liking the fact you can change nicknames on the fly. What I didn't like, though, is some noticeable framerate drops in Viridian Forest... which was not helped as I spent almost 10 minutes waiting for one damn Bulbasaur to spawn.
Yeah I was going to ask if anyone else was experiencing lag because I had the same issue while doing the exact same thing.

Edit: Just finished Cerulean City and it hasn’t happened again, so maybe just a weird thing with Viridian Forest.

Last edited:

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I don't agree with this at all. There's a balance between playability and in-game goals. My goal is to complete the game and see the credits, but I also want a well designed experiencie. If the argument is going to be "the least time-demanding, the better", I could very well say that the game should have less content or every mechanic should be simplified to the extreme, because "the least time-demanding, the better".
I think you misunderstood. It's not that the game itself should be done and over with as quickly as possible. But individual tasks you have to repeat several times, like EV training, should be a quick affair. One of the reasons why cartridge battling is so unappealing, is because obtaining and training any single Pokémon for battle, with finely tuned EVs and IVs, takes several hours of repetitive, tedious tasks. The time spent actually battling or revising your strategy, is minuscule compared to the time spent in preparation. Or rather, spent grinding to execute the preparation strategy you've already planned. It takes two seconds to think "I think I need Jolly instead of Adamant", but to actually obtain an identical Pokémon just with a different Nature? That'll take most of your evening. Especially so if you need a legendary Pokémon, and those make up half or so of the Pokémon seen in competitive play nowadays. This process really ought to be more streamlined.

Were any changes made to Ditto or Transform? It first outsped my Starmie, used transform, and on the next turn I outsped him
The second one could be justified by it winning the speed tie.

The first one is... weird without any further information. Could Speed Candy boosts be in the way?

Last edited:
The second one could be justified by it winning the speed tie.

The first one is... weird without any further information. Could Speed Candy boosts be in the way?
With candy boosts, Ditto would definetly outspeed me in the second turn, it gains like 50 speed
Doesnt Transform have priority now?

I would REALLY love if those moves don't stay PLGO only.
Eevolutions actually having a moveset would be something lot of people ask since ages and would even make sense if you plan on making Eevee a co-mascot to Pikachu in the future, and I can see basically every special based Eevolution to get a significant bump in competitive power (and even in-game power) if that was to happen, even if it was just limited to the Fire/Water/Electric types.
Yeah, it would be great, even if each type move was just limited to each corresponding type Eeveelution. Water type Giga Drain on Vaporeon, Mini-Sacred Fire on Flareon and Leaf Blade+Leech Seed on Leafeon would be great. The rest not so much, but still.

Since its most likely the same as EVs and Im quite sure the trainers do not have candy boosts, it cant be that
I think you misunderstood, when Ditto transforms it copies all of its opponent’s stats with the exception of HP, so it would have the same speed as Starmie assuming the mechanics haven’t changed.

I think you misunderstood, when Ditto transforms it copies all of its opponent’s stats with the exception of HP, so it would have the same speed as Starmie assuming the mechanics haven’t changed.
I thought it copies the base stats but keeps its own EVs and IVs? Alright, that would explain a lot

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Are we allowed to post "spoilers" here? Or at least the miscellaneous videos that GameExplain are posting such as showing all the Pokemon walking behind you, the riding Pokemon, and a batch of easter eggs.

So I've finally got away from my 3DS and am about to start Let's Go Pikachu. So Hasty nature right?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)