Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
wait a sec. i dunno if it was like that for the english trailer, but in the pokemon-amie thing, pikachu was like "pika, pikaaaaaaa~" instead of its usual in-game cry.

do you think it's just a pikachu thing, or is it possibly all pokemon getting a show-esque cry?

wait a sec. i dunno if it was like that for the english trailer, but in the pokemon-amie thing, pikachu was like "pika, pikaaaaaaa~" instead of its usual in-game cry.

do you think it's just a pikachu thing, or is it possibly all pokemon getting a show-esque cry?
the smash footage showed that only Pikachu did that
every one else just used their normal cries. Though there were a few variations

It seems to me that Steels are the big winners from the Fairy-type introduction. If what we've heard is true, they resist everything that can hit Dragons SE (well, neutral to Fairy but the many Psychic/Steels and the Fire/Steel would resist) and are able to hit back at two of those types SE with their STAB. The whole Dragon/Steel/Fairy interplay promises to be very interesting. The fact that Steels BOTH resist Dragon and beat Fairy is significant. They can remove Fairies (or other Steels with Magnet Pull) for their Dragon teammates while still checking opposing Dragons in a pinch. They remain the swiss-army-knife of types. The Fairy type just guarantees that they become more relevant offensively while freeing them from the exclusive burden of defending against opposing Dragons. Also, assuming no other changes to the type chart, more Steel attacks flying about will guarantee that bulky Waters (and Steels!) remain as important as ever.

That pikachu is laying down. Do you think we will be able to sleep next to our pokemon?

The trainers have glasses. Do you think we will wear them?

The panda is angry. Do you think he will be angry. ?

I'm really hoping that Cresselia is changed to pure Fairy rather than Psychic. Immunities to Dragon and Ground while still resisting Fighting with those beastly defenses would be fantastic. Its offenses are still rather low to prevent it being overpowering, too. It's already associated heavily with the moon and Fairy > Dark would fall in line with her ability to protect people from Darkrai, tying in with her legend. It would be the boost she needs to potentially be a top CM tank.

Also, let's just go ahead and make Natural Gift a physical version of Hidden Power, and give all pokemon access to it.

Changing secret power would probably make more sense though

Also, just realized Flabébé is now the smallest pokemon, so adorable :3

so flabebe's 10 centimetres tall... about one third of the size of a typical ruler.
darn. i'd be concerned about squishing it by accident, haha |D
probably one of the few pokes that could actually fit in a pokeball, i'd say.

scatterbug looks like the biggest geek stereotype ever, though:

i mean, the buck teeth, the dumb hair, the dodgy little collar...
[i wanna roll with... the weedles...
i know they all think that i'm too grey 'n nerdy..]

looks like a ball of yarn... Why does it have a question mark? Also, what's the girl holding on her lap?
Pokemon Amie treats
It's a ball of wool...
Yeah, I just realized this is a Pokemon Amie themed illustration. Meaning we will probably be able to play with out Pokemon with a ball of yarn, along with feeding them berries and treats as we've seen.

scatterbug looks like the biggest geek stereotype ever, though:

i mean, the buck teeth, the dumb hair, the dodgy little collar...
[i wanna roll with... the weedles...
i know they all think that i'm too grey 'n nerdy..]
Hahaha. I love how Scatterbug's artwork, it's just entertaining to look at.

Flare Blitz and Brave Bird aren't that good on something double SR weak, you know. Volcarona overcomes its SR weak because it can sweep whole teams if it's pulled off right and it can tank and heal itself while doing that. I don't see Talonflame doing that.
While Brave Bird and Flare Blitz are not great on a 4x SR weak mon, as combined with LO it's basically dead. It gets Flame Charge for sweeping maybe, but with lots of power, it can become a decent conpetitor to Darmanitan as a sun wallbreaker. With a good speed(higher then 100) and a powerfull attack stat, it can be a excellent wallbreaker in the sun. And hell, Ho-Oh is 4x rocks weak, share the same typing and use Brave Bird for great effect in Ubers.

Berries are cool, man. I know that most if them really weren't that available in Gen 5, but thy are actually sentimental. Pokeblock... Poffins... Even ones that help our stats or the ones that lessen the power of super effective moves. Basically, everyone has a favorite berry.

I honestly don't care about berries at all. If a couple of them weren't a requirement on some VGC sets I wouldn't care if they stopped existing completely.

While Brave Bird and Flare Blitz are not great on a 4x SR weak mon, as combined with LO it's basically dead. It gets Flame Charge for sweeping maybe, but with lots of power, it can become a decent conpetitor to Darmanitan as a sun wallbreaker. With a good speed(higher then 100) and a powerfull attack stat, it can be a excellent wallbreaker in the sun. And hell, Ho-Oh is 4x rocks weak, share the same typing and use Brave Bird for great effect in Ubers.
Ho-Oh also has Regenerator which negates a large portion of its SR weakness.

Berries are cool, man. I know that most if them really weren't that available in Gen 5, but thy are actually sentimental. Pokeblock... Poffins... Even ones that help our stats or the ones that lessen the power of super effective moves. Basically, everyone has a favorite berry.
Oh man, I miss mixing Pokeblocks and Poffins... I don't know why they did away with berry growing this gen.
Accidental double post. Go ahead and delete this.
You can delete it yourself. Click "edit" and then "delete."

I will never get the obsession with berries. At most you need one of each unless you messed up EV training.
berries are handy to have on hand for in-game
you know

when you can get them in-game with ease
free, passive, and nice to put on while waiting for better held items

I honestly don't care about berries at all. If a couple of them weren't a requirement on some VGC sets I wouldn't care if they stopped existing completely.

Ho-Oh also has Regenerator which negates a large portion of its SR weakness.
Ah, Ho-Oh didn't always have regenerator, but it was still pretty effective then

I don't believe that this has been posted here but, Diglet!
With each new piece of artwork, I feel like they're revealing what old gen Pokémon are going to be found in-game. In the picture of Calem riding on Gogoat through Lumiose City, there was a Marill, and it was determined that Marill would be in the Pokedex, initially as a placeholder, until it was revealed that Marill is now a Water/Fairy, so it's become attainable with good reason. Now we can infer that Riolu, Snorlax and Diglett will be found in the Kalos region by looking at this picture. Why would that be, though? Are any of them placeholders to vary the kinds of wild Pokémon, or are any of them getting new members to their evolutionary tree/a new retconned half-Fairy typing?

In other thoughts/opinions, it looks like berries are back with even more newer varieties and will be used to make the different-colored doughnut hole-esque treats you feed to your Pokémon in Poké-Amie (also, let's come up with a nickname for Pokémon Amie) Perhaps Pokémon will have tastes again, like in Gen 3-4, to be appeased when feeding them treats.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
It seems to me that Steels are the big winners from the Fairy-type introduction. If what we've heard is true, they resist everything that can hit Dragons SE (well, neutral to Fairy but the many Psychic/Steels and the Fire/Steel would resist) and are able to hit back at two of those types SE with their STAB. The whole Dragon/Steel/Fairy interplay promises to be very interesting. The fact that Steels BOTH resist Dragon and beat Fairy is significant. They can remove Fairies (or other Steels with Magnet Pull) for their Dragon teammates while still checking opposing Dragons in a pinch. They remain the swiss-army-knife of types. The Fairy type just guarantees that they become more relevant offensively while freeing them from the exclusive burden of defending against opposing Dragons. Also, assuming no other changes to the type chart, more Steel attacks flying about will guarantee that bulky Waters (and Steels!) remain as important as ever.
I've been wondering about this as well. In the end, the biggest winner seems to be Steel; Fighting-type pokémon may even get a drop in usage! The increase in Steel moves will also help Fire-types' usage, I guess, as they also resist Fairy. Heatran, Jirachi and Scizor, of course, will never leave top 10. Oh, and Ice-types still get the shaft and never come out to play. If Pokémon were Game of Thrones, Steelmons would be the fucking Lannisters.

I just hope we don't get a Dragon/Fairy.

I'm really hoping that Cresselia is changed to pure Fairy rather than Psychic. Immunities to Dragon and Ground while still resisting Fighting with those beastly defenses would be fantastic. Its offenses are still rather low to prevent it being overpowering, too. It's already associated heavily with the moon and Fairy > Dark would fall in line with her ability to protect people from Darkrai, tying in with her legend. It would be the boost she needs to potentially be a top CM tank.

Also, let's just go ahead and make Natural Gift a physical version of Hidden Power, and give all pokemon access to it.
Fairy does not resist Fighting, it's only SE against it if Pokebeach's source is correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)