Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you guys think GF Would really stop RNG And GTS'ing Pokes?

I mean more people log on there Onilne service,more money for them.
i wouldn't... think so? i mean, it at least allows competitive battlers to get their perfect pokemon, while at the same time making the game more magical for the others.

especially since they're being more upfront about ivs... perhaps they're even going to be changeable? i think that'd be great. finally, i can use the team i worked hard to raise in competitive battles!
[they'd probably all be nu or something but do i care no not really]

i wouldn't... think so? i mean, it at least allows competitive battlers to get their perfect pokemon, while at the same time making the game more magical for the others.

especially since they're being more upfront about ivs... perhaps they're even going to be changeable? i think that'd be great. finally, i can use the team i worked hard to raise in competitive battles!
[they'd probably all be nu or something but do i care no not really]
Let's just HOPE the GTS Is still there.

It's symbiotic with the flower, says the Japanese text.

(This is my #124 post, yay! )
Symbiosis doesn't mean the blending of species, though. So it still makes sense for it to be pure Fairy-type and the flower to exist on its own.

That lion cub is totally a Clubber Club from Ni no Kuni, right down to its move "War Cry." Ridiculously cute, though. I hope it's the Shinx of this gen. Team building is going to be hell throughout this game: there are a lot of great designs here.

EDIT: Are we sure the lion is going to evolve into a manticore? That would be terrifying.

Always greedy, but do you think we're done with new info this month? I'm happy with what we have, but I was hoping for the legendaries' types.

Always greedy, but do you think we're done with new info this month? I'm happy with what we have, but I was hoping for the legendaries' types.
well, if hirobyte [the guy who leaked the faerie type months in advance, got lots of names right, etc] is correct, yveltal is dark/flying and xerneas is pure fairy.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Symbiosis doesn't mean the blending of species, though. So it still makes sense for it to be pure Fairy-type and the flower to exist on its own.

That lion cub is totally a Clubber Club from Ni no Kuni, right down to its move "War Cry." Ridiculously cute, though. I hope it's the Shinx of this gen. Team building is going to be hell throughout this game: there are a lot of great designs here.

EDIT: Are we sure the lion is going to evolve into a manticore? That would be terrifying.
True, biologically speaking.
Bulba even says something like it picks up a flower when it's young and can end up picking different colours.

Me too, I think it's a lot more than what we used to have.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
imo, we'll have Xerneas being Psychic/Fairy and Yveltal being Dark/Dragon.
This is a fantastic idea! Each Pokemon is weak to another Pokemon's STAB (even though the one is 4x weak to Fairy), both types of each legendary are the counterparts of the other ( Dark and Psychic, Dragon and Fairy), and both legendaries are immune to one of the STABs of the other one. Not to mention, that both Pokemon look like they could have this typing and this typing is very fitting for legandaries as well.

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
With this new fairy type, I'm not sure if this will affect hidden power types and/or whether we can migrate pokemon from gen 5 to gen 6 though I haven't read up on this much further lately if I'm missing something here.

With this new fairy type, I'm not sure if this will affect hidden power types and/or whether we can migrate pokemon from gen 5 to gen 6 though I haven't read up on this much further lately if I'm missing something here.
for hidden power we're not sure either because they haven't said anything but migration is currently impossible due to incompatibilities between ds and 3ds
but they say they're working on it

maybe they could make it so you transfer your gen 5 pokemon to the cloud or to a server or some shit that you can then access on X and Y, or send copies of the pokemon to the dreamworld website for download onto the game

Despite the fact that I've had my Swampert since day one of gen 3 (luv u bby), I personally wouldn't mind if they decided to cut off the new generation from the past ones. I started competitive Pokémon recently compared to some people (I just recently started trying to RNG), and if they did a cut off that would balance the playing field in some respects.

I know a lot of people would be pissed off, but I bet other people more inclined to in-game or people new to competitive battling might share my sentiments.

Speaking of awesome defensive types, I'm really hoping the rumours of Ghost/Fairy Mismagius come true. If Fairy is in fact immune to Dragon then that's an awesome 4 immunities to Normal, Fighting, Ground and Dragon.

Under other circumstances I would say yes, but we still don't have any information about Newtwo.

I also find it odd that Corocoro haven't shown all of the E3 Pokémon yet, even if they are on the Japanese site. If this are indeed the only scans, then hoo boy, we will have happy fun recapping time every month until the release, and it won't be just Smash.
So, what were the rumors which stated all the stuff about Fairy type, and it being super effective against dragon? I'm assuming that all the other information that guy said is gonna be true, so what else did he say?
The former was started by Hirobyte who stated Sylveon and Xerneas were going to be Pure Fairy and Yveltal was going to be Dark/Flying. He also stated that Clefairy will be Fairy-type. He also also apparently implied that one of the Gen 4 Pokémon will get an evolution in a forum according to somebody on 4chan, but I don't know how accurate that is.

The latter part was stated by a person who had seen the beta that contacted to WPM(Pokébeach's owner). Here is the information:
The last one were the name leaks of the previous Corocoro Pokémon, which turned out to be largely correct.

Both groups have stated that the other is full of crap, even though there is absolutely no contradiction between them nor they have the absolutely same information, except for Sylveon's type.

Cresselia~~

Speaking of awesome defensive types, I'm really hoping the rumours of Ghost/Fairy Mismagius come true. If Fairy is in fact immune to Dragon then that's an awesome 4 immunities to Normal, Fighting, Ground and Dragon.
I seriously hope Misdreavus/ Mismagius would be fairy.
I mean, please be at least one of them.

Think about Eviolite Misdreavus ov0

Cresselia~~

It does seem like Pokemon had become more pet-like since Gen 4.

Gen 5 anime does make them really really pet-like.

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
If I'm not able to transfer my Pokés from gen 5 to gen 6 I'm going to fucking implode.
It's possible we might have another 200 play (remember Ruby/Sapphire launch?) when this launches.

If there is some sort of backwards compatability I'm sure it'd be through some Dream World-like Internet connection.

i don't think it'd be impossible to transfer - there are a lot of scars from gen 2 -> gen 3 with that. i doubt they'd pull that again unless they had a huge data overhaul or something

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
i don't think it'd be impossible to transfer - there are a lot of scars from gen 2 -> gen 3 with that. i doubt they'd pull that again unless they had a huge data overhaul or something
The thing that worries me is that they don't know yet, I mean the game launches in 4 months already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)