Pokemon Black and White (SPECULATIONS ALLOWED HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seed Flare has 15% more accuracy than focus blast and a 30% higher chance to lower Sp. Def <___<

I mean yeah, saying it's broken is an exaggeration but it's definitely better than Focus Blast.

(Also, it is on Shaymin-S lol)

Seed Flare has 15% more accuracy than focus blast and a 30% higher chance to lower Sp. Def <___<

I mean yeah, saying it's broken is an exaggeration but it's definitely better than Focus Blast.

(Also, it is on Shaymin-S lol)
Yeaaah Shaymin-S part helps make it imba XD

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
Growth getting +1 Atk is probably liked to back in the first 3 gens when the Bellsprout family and Tangela got Vine Whip and could boost it with Growth. However, with the physical/special split, Growth + Vine Whip is pretty stupid, so GF probably did that in order to give back their old combo.

breh

強いだね
Every grass type learns Swords dance...

Anyway Victreebel can go mixed with Weather Ball and leaf blade (in the sun of course)

Again, VENUSAUR... Seriously, does nobody see the potential in having the ability to fire off boosted Leaf Storms (may seem counterproductive, but it allows it to bluff physical and kill milotic with energy ball... not to mention run Leaf storm/EQ/Sludge bomb to hit everything for neutral

Suffice to say I'll be pretty pissed if Emonga isn't a Pachirisu evolution. There's so many factors point to it not (it doesn't seem like a big improvement appearance-wise, one ability replacing two completely different ones), but there are also some striking similarities (white as the main coloration, it's A SQUIRREL, they can change abilities however they want). But I think there would have been a little note or something saying it was an evolution...

Growth increasing two stats is cool. Though I think a Nasty Plot-style 2 stage boost would have been better... But maybe instead of a big change to the battle system like last gen, they'll focus on fine-tuning moves, abilities, etc.?

TheMaskedNitpicker

Triple Threat
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'm definitely in the Growth Victreebel camp.

Leaf Blade
Weather Ball
Sucker Punch/Sludge Bomb
Growth

Used in a doubles Sunny Day team, this could be an incredibly versatile mixed attacker. I'm looking forward to trying it.

That electric flying squirrel looks like an obvious pachirisu evo if I ever saw one
Just because it is a flying squirrel? I really wish people would stop crying evolution at everything.

The colours are off, body shape is off as well they do not share an ability. In addition, Emonga lacks many of the features of Pach. No teeth, ears are much different, no spikes, much smaller tail..

The Pikachu-esque pokes are always similar to each other, but save for Pichu they aren't directed related by evolution. They do share very many similarities however, typing for one. The cheeks as well. Interestingly enough they all have the same name in Japanese and English. I assume that "Emonga" will keep his name as well (it is a combinations of E-(electric) and Momonga (flying squirrel))

Plus, theres the whole thing about the Pokedex being made of of entirely new pokemon.. so it being a evolution is a bit of a stretch considering that the Pikachus are generally found early in the game. I wager that Emonga, too, will be caught fairly early on and have the same 405 BST as Pach, Minun and Plusle.

I understand the similarities.. but to call it an obvious evolution? Were Plusle and Minun obvious evolutions to the Pikachu line? Was Pachirisu?

EDIT: ninja'd a bit by PKMN Trainer Manson, but my point remains. Also, to retort his argument based on it being a squirrel.. There are pokemon such as Spheal and Seel who are similar in base but not related. As well, any number of water type fish. Even Mudkip and Wooper are based around a similar idea. Flying Squirrels and Squirrels are not the same animal, they are just related. It is no more a squirrel than it is a chipmunk, woodchuck or prairie dog.

2nd Edit: If I am correct in my assumption about Emonga, I then deduce that Shimama will evolve (not a new idea for me). The chances of having two single stage fairly weak electrics types that are caught pre-nat is unlikely. Come on Ixion-pokemon! :P

breh

強いだね
I'm definitely in the Growth Victreebel camp.

Leaf Blade
Weather Ball
Sucker Punch/Sludge Bomb
Growth

Used in a doubles Sunny Day team, this could be an incredibly versatile mixed attacker. I'm looking forward to trying it.
Wouldn't that run Sleep Powder in the third slot?

Also, Growth-boosted Leaf Storms and Explosions from Shiftry will not be fun....

Color me surprised that not only is Hihidharma an evolving Pokemon, but that it is a second stage evolution. I didn't expect it to evolve at all, much less FROM something.

And I'm also pretty disappointed Gigaias is only pure Rock, much less with a boring and essentially useless ability like Sturdy. I'm also a little disappointeD Shikijika also just has plain old bog-standard Chlorophyll. I wonder if they'll work on the weather some so that Hail and Sun can stand up to Rain and Sandstorm.

I kind of wish the old thread wasn't deleted because I remember saying that they often introduce different variants of stat boosted moves and speculated about a move that raised both attacks.
Little did I know it would be an existing move like Growth.

Cacturne my pretty...just learn Night Burst and Grass Mixer for me. :D
Also, Sun abusers should be pretty threatening with Growth...imagine Tangrowth.

Color me surprised that not only is Hihidharma an evolving Pokemon, but that it is a second stage evolution. I didn't expect it to evolve at all, much less FROM something.

And I'm also pretty disappointed Gigaias is only pure Rock, much less with a boring and essentially useless ability like Sturdy. I'm also a little disappointeD Shikijika also just has plain old bog-standard Chlorophyll. I wonder if they'll work on the weather some so that Hail and Sun can stand up to Rain and Sandstorm.
??? Where'd it say hihidaruma evolves again??

??? Where'd it say hihidaruma evolves again??
Nothing says it but it's a pretty safe assumption. There's a screenshot of a Pokemon called as "Dharmakka" on Serebii.

Do we know if Emonga even shows up on the demo? Perhaps the pamphlet is just giving you an early look at Pokemon to be revealed in Corocoro (which kinda sucks actually). And we already have Mamambou, albeit that was just in a trailer, and not directly associated with a demo of the game.

I hate that we're getting a new Pikachu clone, that's squirrel-related, and shares the main color white with Pachirisu, but it's probably not an evolution. That's total balls.

Though in all fairness, having different abilities is not evidence against it. A few Pokemon drop a pre-evolutions abilities entirely, and all the examples I can think of off the top my head conveniently involve Pick-Up.

Just wishful thinking, though. Emonga is the same height as Pachirisu, and as said I would think their names would bear some similarity to eachother.

breh

強いだね
I wonder if they'll work on the weather some so that Hail and Sun can stand up to Rain and Sandstorm in OU.

there, I fixed that sentence for you. While Sunny Day is far from great in OU (what with T-tar running about on virtually every team), it's nowhere near terrible in UU with Moltres, Houndoom, and Arcanine to abuse it, not to mention Tangrowth and reliable setup pokemon like Uxie.

A hail team was #1 on the UU ladder. That should say something about its power.

Nothing says it but it's a pretty safe assumption. There's a screenshot of a Pokemon called as "Dharmakka" on Serebii.

Do we know if Emonga even shows up on the demo? Perhaps the pamphlet is just giving you an early look at Pokemon to be revealed in Corocoro (which kinda sucks actually). And we already have Mamambou, albeit that was just in a trailer, and not directly associated with a demo of the game.

I hate that we're getting a new Pikachu clone, that's squirrel-related, and shares the main color white with Pachirisu, but it's probably not an evolution. That's total balls.

Though in all fairness, having different abilities is not evidence against it. A few Pokemon drop a pre-evolutions abilities entirely, and all the examples I can think of off the top my head conveniently involve Pick-Up.

Just wishful thinking, though. Emonga is the same height as Pachirisu, and as said I would think their names would bear some similarity to eachother.
That's Darumakka, and it's only a pre-evo. Gamefreak hates fire types too much to make a 3 evo line

there, I fixed that sentence for you. While Sunny Day is far from great in OU (what with T-tar running about on virtually every team), it's nowhere near terrible in UU with Moltres, Houndoom, and Arcanine to abuse it, not to mention Tangrowth and reliable setup pokemon like Uxie.

A hail team was #1 on the UU ladder. That should say something about its power.
You're right, it's my bad. I actually don't know how powerful the other weather options are, but you sound like you know what you're talking about, and I don't at all, I just know anything that isn't Rain or Sandstorm is used very often in OU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)