Pokemon Black and White (SPECULATIONS ALLOWED HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think some system changes are in order before we even start talking about new pokemon.

Stealth Rocks: everyone hates Stealth Rocks, but if you cap the max damage it can do at 25 Percent, then you fix the reason it was made in the first place, to balance out flying types with their immunity to Spikes and Toxic Spikes. This will allow pokemon with a crippling 4 times weakness to be used more effectively, and balances out Stealth Rocks and Spikes in an assumingly type balanced metagame.

Levitate: levitating pokemon should gain a weakness to Rock and Lightning moves. This makes aesthetic sense, while also providing some nice balance changes. Considering that a new Psychic type worry-seed gives a pokemon levitate, this makes for an ability that isn't so useless. This also helps Stealth Rock achieve its original purpose of damaging pokemon who are immune to Stealth Rocks. Also consider what it would change for the Rotom pokemon, losing some valuable resistances.

We need a stronger version of flame wheel. Physical fire types are incredibly lacking in their offense right now, and giving them an option that doesn't rely on recoil would be greatly appreciated.

CRASHiC, I agree about Stealth Rocks, but Rock moves>Levitators would be bad. QuakeEdge is already powerful. Earthquake is a monstrously strong move. 100 BP and no drawbacks is only not broken because there are a big handful of things that are immune to it. Making all of those Pokemon weak to Stone Edge would put QuakeEdge users in too good a position.

And instead of a stronger Flamewheel, give us a Physical Overheat. Yeah. Without a ton of distribution. Infernape doesn't need it, and neither does Heatran. Just give it to stuff like Typhlosion, Zard, Moltres, FLAREON.

I think some system changes are in order before we even start talking about new pokemon.

Stealth Rocks: everyone hates Stealth Rocks, but if you cap the max damage it can do at 25 Percent, then you fix the reason it was made in the first place, to balance out flying types with their immunity to Spikes and Toxic Spikes. This will allow pokemon with a crippling 4 times weakness to be used more effectively, and balances out Stealth Rocks and Spikes in an assumingly type balanced metagame.

Levitate: levitating pokemon should gain a weakness to Rock and Lightning moves. This makes aesthetic sense, while also providing some nice balance changes. Considering that a new Psychic type worry-seed gives a pokemon levitate, this makes for an ability that isn't so useless. This also helps Stealth Rock achieve its original purpose of damaging pokemon who are immune to Stealth Rocks. Also consider what it would change for the Rotom pokemon, losing some valuable resistances.

We need a stronger version of flame wheel. Physical fire types are incredibly lacking in their offense right now, and giving them an option that doesn't rely on recoil would be greatly appreciated.
Fire punch? ok its not that good. but certainly a step above flame wheel.

@ CRASHiC

Stealth Rock has been discussed and its not going to change,I just hate how it controls the metagame,and it should be capped a 25

And the move telekensis gives a Pokemon levitate,and Levitate is a ability that counters all ground moves and Stealth Rock for reason,its to make some Pokemon useable. They wont get hit by lighrning because the are just floating ,not flying around.

And yes an good Fire move is needed,and we will probobly get one with Hihidaruma.

And the reason this forum exists is to discuss new Pokemon and Pokemon Black and White,not athstetic changes. But if there is a forum or one could be made,it would be amazing,because thats a forum alot of people would talk on.

I'm still of the impression that Desukan is Ghost/Rock.
Sorry to be the barer of bad news, but Desukan is likely ghost ground or just ghost.

There was a video from Pokemon Sunday showing Moguryu using a super affective Drill Liner on Pokabu, meaning it probably a ground type attack due to Moguryu being a ground type and drill liner being its signature move. We saw another video of drill liner hitting Desukan for neutral damage so unless it is a rock type move, that rules out ghost/rock...

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Pokéjungle said:
UPD: Someone uploaded filb’s video to YouTube which shows the Promo. Picture of Shuuti in the anime and Dento’s gym has rocks in it! Rock gym leader? Hmm.
Well, shit. I was hoping for a, say, Bug-type Gym.

Levitate is a great ability; but there is no reason to give it flaws. Intimidate doesn't have any flaws, neither does any other ability. Not to mention Flygon being immune to Electric attacks should remain no matter what ability he has. Him being part Ground-type means Electricity can find much easier conductors (like, idk, any Flying-type >.>). Also, Levitate doesn't imply they are up as high as a Flying-type would be, so I'm not sure why Electric attacks would do so much more to them in the first place.

Well, shit. I was hoping for a, say, Bug-type Gym.
I think Dento would be Grass or Bug,he doesnt seem like a rock gym leader

And it mau be unrelated but I made a thread were people can discuss thing like the nerfing of Stealth rock and changes of abilities or abilities we want,or Pokemon we want. Its called Changes to be made,so please discuss on it.

Sorry to be the barer of bad news, but Desukan is likely ghost ground or just ghost.

There was a video from Pokemon Sunday showing Moguryu using a super affective Drill Liner on Pokabu, meaning it probably a ground type attack due to Moguryu being a ground type and drill liner being its signature move. We saw another video of drill liner hitting Desukan for neutral damage so unless it is a rock type move, that rules out ghost/rock...
I'm aware of all this, and as such my guess is that Drill Liner is Rock. It's very possible, I've seen drilling associated with rock in other things.

Interestingly, it almost looks like Dento used an electric type attack on Mijumaru. I can't be certain about it, but it definitely did not look like a move a rock type could do (in this generation, anyway).
It looked like a Solar Beam or similar, but in any case it was very non-rock. Pleasenomorerockgymspleasenomorerockgymspleasenomorerockgyms.

And Mijumaru is using it's shell as a shield. And a really crappy one at that. In any case it makes me think Mijumaru and Co. will be defensive.

I can't even suggest my first impression of what "TASTING TIME" might be.

Anyone wondering if they might drop Ash in the anime? We haven't seen him in any trailers, and they have enough characters revealed for a three-person main cast. Iris would be Ash, Dento would be Brock, photoguy would be MistyMayDawn. Not to mention that it's possible Ash wins the Sinnoh League, making him a "Pokemon Master", which is probable cause for them to boot him.

In all fairness, if Dento does turn out to lead a Rock-type Gym, I don't think any of us would have thought Rock-type for Brock or Roxanne if we didn't know their names and weren't told. And I would have thought Ground for Roark first.

I'd be just fine with Dento as a Rock-type Gym Leader, albeit because I would have liked that trend to stay in place.

I definitely think Stealth Rock should cap off at 25% (and that should only be against Flying-types and not everything weak to Rock and MAYBE Levitators) but of course it probably won't happen.

EDIT: Looks like I missed some posts. So he yells out Solar Beam, so I suppose it probably won't be a Rock-type Gym unless it's some sort of crazy dual-type Rock Pokemon.

I can't even suggest my first impression of what "TASTING TIME" might be.

Anyone wondering if they might drop Ash in the anime? We haven't seen him in any trailers, and they have enough characters revealed for a three-person main cast. Iris would be Ash, Dento would be Brock, photoguy would be MistyMayDawn. Not to mention that it's possible Ash wins the Sinnoh League, making him a "Pokemon Master", which is probable cause for them to boot him.
I think they revealed Ash along with Iris and Dento in a poster on PKMN Sunday a few weeks ago. I don't think they would drop the main character of the anime just like that. Though, it is kinda cool how they're utilizing all of his Pokemon right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)