Pokemon Black and White (SPECULATIONS ALLOWED HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think we'll see the first gym being Rock-type. The only generation in which each start didn't have a super effective move against Rock by the first gym was first gen, and technically Metal Claw Charmander in FRLG counts. Naturally, the Water and Grass starters have super effective moves (usually Water Gun / Razor Leaf). Gen II we can rule out since the first gym was Flying, not Rock. Combusken has Double Kick, and Monferno has Mach Punch. Unless Pokabu evolves into Fire/Ground (which would be awesome) or Fire/Steel (also awesome, but probably too good defensively that early), I doubt they'd want to give players who choose Pokabu that large of a disadvantage (especially since there may not be any Water, Grass, Fighting, Steel, etc Pokemon that early in the game). That's my theory, at least.

I don't think we'll see the first gym being Rock-type. The only generation in which each start didn't have a super effective move against Rock by the first gym was first gen, and technically Metal Claw Charmander in FRLG counts. Naturally, the Water and Grass starters have super effective moves (usually Water Gun / Razor Leaf). Gen II we can rule out since the first gym was Flying, not Rock. Combusken has Double Kick, and Monferno has Mach Punch. Unless Pokabu evolves into Fire/Ground (which would be awesome) or Fire/Steel (also awesome, but probably too good defensively that early), I doubt they'd want to give players who choose Pokabu that large of a disadvantage (especially since there may not be any Water, Grass, Fighting, Steel, etc Pokemon that early in the game). That's my theory, at least.
Even if it didn't evolve into a Fire/Ground type, it could still feasibly get mud-related flavor moves, being a pig, albeit Grumpig didn't. They've done some strange things, like giving Turtwig Withdraw.

I honestly never really believed Gamefreak was too focused on this "one starter being easy mode, one being normal, one being hard" thing. Especially since the first two gens didn't give the disadvantageous starters any compensating move, and in Yellow it was literally almost impossible to beat Brock with Pikachu.

That being said, even with that clip, it's still hard to say what kind of Gym Dento will have. Based on his badge I would be sure it was multi-type, based on the arena in the anime and tradition, I would be sure it was Rock-type, based on the attack being used in the anime clip, it would definitely NOT be Rock-type (and that seems like a more reliable clue than the gym's terrain).

I can't even suggest my first impression of what "TASTING TIME" might be.

Anyone wondering if they might drop Ash in the anime? We haven't seen him in any trailers, and they have enough characters revealed for a three-person main cast. Iris would be Ash, Dento would be Brock, photoguy would be MistyMayDawn. Not to mention that it's possible Ash wins the Sinnoh League, making him a "Pokemon Master", which is probable cause for them to boot him.
Wait wait wait.

Ash and godchu getting the BOOT?

TOO. GOOD. TO. BE. TRUE.

maybe the first gym is specialized on normal types, i think that because Dento looks like a waiter and in whitney's gym you encounter (besides lady beauties) waiters.

Limewire

PRESS R TO WIN
is a Contributor Alumnus

Anyone wondering if they might drop Ash in the anime? We haven't seen him in any trailers, and they have enough characters revealed for a three-person main cast. Iris would be Ash, Dento would be Brock, photoguy would be MistyMayDawn. Not to mention that it's possible Ash wins the Sinnoh League, making him a "Pokemon Master", which is probable cause for them to boot him.
I think I read somewhere on Bulbapedia that Ash is staying, and Dento is replacing Brock. Could be wrong, though.

Also, wouldn't it be funny if gamefreak introduced a grounded Fire/Bug pokemon? 75% right off with spikes and stealth rock.

Whoever was hoping for another physical Fire move stronger than Flame Wheel: Flare Blitz, Fire Punch, Fire Fang.

Honestly, Electric needs a physical STAB more.

Whoever was hoping for another physical Fire move stronger than Flame Wheel: Flare Blitz, Fire Punch, Fire Fang.

Honestly, Electric needs a physical STAB more.
Seriously? You come out saying that about Fire, and then talk about Electric? Spark, Thunder Fang, Volt Tackle, ThunderPunch.

now that i see, i think dento will be multi-type, it's badge kinda resembels Water-Fire-Grass, and the type wuestion (with theoprions of Fire, Water or Grass) supports more this theory, maybe GF wants this to test our skills with this in such a soon part of the story.

Now, assuming that GF will stay with the idea of gym leaders giving you TMs, if Dento is multi-type, which TM will he give you?

because of Dento's gym mechanics (testing questions) he may be refering to that when saying "IT'S TASTING TIME" (yeah i know, should be TESTING, but who knows, maybe a gag for Dento, misspell words).

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Best_wishes

As with both the Advanced Generation and Diamond & Pearl series before it, the Best Wishes series begins with only Ash Ketchum, headed off to a new region with his Pikachu. Much like before, his previous female companion, Dawn, has left the series, and Ash will now travel Isshu with a girl by the name of Iris. Unlike the previous three series, however, with the exception of the Orange Archipelago saga, Brock, Ash's longtime companion, is said not to be joining him in his journey in Isshu, instead being replaced by the first Gym Leader of Isshu, Dento.
For clarification.

Sorry to be the barer of bad news, but Desukan is likely ghost ground or just ghost.

There was a video from Pokemon Sunday showing Moguryu using a super affective Drill Liner on Pokabu, meaning it probably a ground type attack due to Moguryu being a ground type and drill liner being its signature move. We saw another video of drill liner hitting Desukan for neutral damage so unless it is a rock type move, that rules out ghost/rock...
In my personal opinion, I think it would be highly likely that Drill liner is a Steel type move, since its evolution looks like a Ground/Steel type to me. That means that Desukan could still be the fabled Ghost/Rock type. Not definite in any way, but still food for thought.

In my personal opinion, I think it would be highly likely that Drill liner is a Steel type move, since its evolution looks like a Ground/Steel type to me. That means that Desukan could still be the fabled Ghost/Rock type. Not definite in any way, but still food for thought.
Steel is also super effective on rock.

But the fact that Drill Liner hit Pokabu for super effective rules steel out anyway.

And Mijumaru is using it's shell as a shield. And a really crappy one at that. In any case it makes me think Mijumaru and Co. will be defensive.
Huh? You're using anime logic to deduce Mijumaru will be defensive? Lol... And his shell has been seen to be used as a weapon before, so using it as a multi purpose shield / boomerang / sword / etc isn't out of the question, and doesn't suddenly make him particular to a metagame type.

now that i see, i think dento will be multi-type, it's badge kinda resembels Water-Fire-Grass, and the type wuestion (with theoprions of Fire, Water or Grass) supports more this theory, maybe GF wants this to test our skills with this in such a soon part of the story.

Now, assuming that GF will stay with the idea of gym leaders giving you TMs, if Dento is multi-type, which TM will he give you?
Hidden Power. :P

He's leaving to go be a doctor.
First a gym leader, then a stint as a breeder, and now a doctor? Brother really can't keep a job, nor can he decide on his career. How old are you man, get serious.

Seriously? You come out saying that about Fire, and then talk about Electric? Spark, Thunder Fang, Volt Tackle, ThunderPunch.
Note the comparisons. Flame Wheel = Spark, Fire/Thunder Fang, Punches, then Volt Tackle = Flare Blitz. UNLIKE Flare Blitz, Volt Tackle has very little distribution.

Typhlosion/Infernape/Entei/Rapidash/Arcanine are the most used Flare Blitz users. In fact, Entei/Arcanine/Infernape could be seen as dominating physical forces in their respective tiers. The Poke with Volt Tackle: Pikachu/Raichu. Even then, it doesn't see much use, as much more prefer to use Thunderbolt.

Would I like to see more Pokemon with Flare Blitz? Yes. Would I like to see even more with Volt Tackle or another similar physical Electric move? Yes.

Note the comparisons. Flame Wheel = Spark, Fire/Thunder Fang, Punches, then Volt Tackle = Flare Blitz. UNLIKE Flare Blitz, Volt Tackle has very little distribution.

Typhlosion/Infernape/Entei/Rapidash/Arcanine are the most used Flare Blitz users. In fact, Entei/Arcanine/Infernape could be seen as dominating physical forces in their respective tiers. The Poke with Volt Tackle: Pikachu/Raichu. Even then, it doesn't see much use, as much more prefer to use Thunderbolt.

Would I like to see more Pokemon with Flare Blitz? Yes. Would I like to see even more with Volt Tackle or another similar physical Electric move? Yes.
We already have the move, though. You weren't arguing for larger distribution of Volt Tackle, you just wanted more physical Electric-type moves. We are also getting Wild Bolt, which would seem physical.

Unrelated to the current topic, but;

In the new Best Wishes trailers, one of them features Mamambou- meaning it's catchable before the Elite Four- thus not related to Luvdisc if the claim that "no old Pokémon is found in Isshu before the Elite Four" remains.

Unrelated to the current topic, but;

In the new Best Wishes trailers, one of them features Mamambou- meaning it's catchable before the Elite Four- thus not related to Luvdisc if the claim that "no old Pokémon is found in Isshu before the Elite Four" remains.
Ugh, the anime isn't the game, unless this was actual in-game footage._.

The only thing the anime has in common with the games (bar Yellow) is the fact they're part of the same franchise.
Actually, lately they've been trying really hard to make it more canon to the games. Like, for instance, having abilities play a major part in battles and other stuff such as using stat boosting moves, field hazards and obviously avoiding shit like Thunder Armor and "Pikachu! The Horn!".

Actually, lately they've been trying really hard to make it more canon to the games. Like, for instance, having abilities play a major part in battles and other stuff such as using stat boosting moves, field hazards and obviously avoiding shit like Thunder Armor and "Pikachu! The Horn!".
That's not "canon"; that's just the writers being creative.

Besides, you often see wild Pokémon in places where they are clearly not meant to be, which is probably the case here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)