Pokemon Black and White (SPECULATIONS ALLOWED HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe Mamanbou does evolve from Luvdisc, but only if it knows Wish.

Think about it! :naughty:
Maybe they do that for a lot of Pokemon. xD

I'm pretty sure its still a Luvdisc evo but could still be caught in the wild. Just like how Wobbuffet or Azumarril could be caught in the wild and still be bred to get the lower forms.

I like how they gave away the first answer to the gym lol. The badge animation / case is pretty cool.

Also, the boxes seem a little thick... Not as thick as HGSS but still.. thick. Wonder if there is another gimmick that comes with the game.

Maybe they do that for a lot of Pokemon. xD

I'm pretty sure its still a Luvdisc evo but could still be caught in the wild. Just like how Wobbuffet or Azumarril could be caught in the wild and still be bred to get the lower forms.
Actually, Wynaut and Azurill were addon baby forms, as evidenced by the necessity of an Incense to breed them. The "evidence" proves nothing; Mamanbou could very well evolve from Luvdisc still, as finding a Pokemon in the wild doesn't mean it's the base form... Rhydon, Mareep, and Rapidash all say "Oh hey, what's up?" in the face of that assumption. Not to mention the ability to find a couple of "baby" Pokemon in the wild back in Sinnoh (Budew immediately springs to mind, but not much else).

In the prerelease pictures of D/P, didn't we have crazy stuff like wild Scizor and Electivire?

Also, in Pokémon Colosseum, no Kanto-only Pokémon were available; however, the player started with Umbreon and Espeon (Eevee couldn't be obtained as both were male, and Ditto wasn't obtainable until FR/LG). It's possible that they might do something similar.

Pokabu had Assurance in this trailer, so do we think it will be Fire/Dark type? Also it's been shown with 4 fire moves (Flamethrower, Nitro Charge, Fire Oath, Heat Stamp), and Tsutaja has at least 5 grass moves, so maybe they'll give starters more level up moves.

I really can't wait for Black and White, the battle system, 3D Actions and stuff in the Trailer, really makes 5th Gen really Unique and awesome from other Pokemon games. The battling system is really cool, the pokemon moves while you are making a move, its sweet.

17 more days before the Jap version goes out :)

If you look at Mamanbou face it looks like Basurao, so it wouldn't surprise me if Luvdisc is not its prevo.

Also, Koromori is found in a cave. We have a replacement for Zubat as annoying-cave-thing as its psychic type means surely it has annoying attacks.

Shimana seems to have an awful attack/special attack as against Mijumaru Wild Bolt was fail too.

Did you notice that Meguroko made the triple foes change position with an attack? Nice strategy things, although I don't care about doubles or triples.

Anybody else notice the small leafy turnip looking poke at the daycare(?) Could be a standard early game grass a la Oddish, Seedot, Budew, etc.

the starters come as a present? i wonder if his unknown dad sent them for his/her birthday...

EDIT - the small movie where they awaken zek and reshi, EPIC!! but ofc nothing beats ho-oh and lugia, imo.

speaking of starters

I say fake because of miju's not even being decently close to the other two. But if real I certainly wouldn't complain about tsutaja's O_O

I really hope those starter evolutions are fake because they look terrible. Pokejungle has shown that the first gym is probably NOT Grass but Grass/Fire/Water due to the three trainers. The design of the badge certainly supports this. Looks like GF are shaking things up a little!

What's with the whole being shot out of a cannon thing in the video?

Also, anyone think that in one version they're going to revive the bones into Reshiram, and in the other they're going to genetically created another Mewtwo with armor type of thing with Zekrom? Hell, it could be N trying to revive him and team plasma making Zekrom or something, kinda like Team Aqua/Magma.

Yeah, considering Shimama barely did anything to it with Shock Wave(?), I'm assuming it does evolve from something. Kinda fucked up that it isn't from Luvdisc, though.
I'm guessing Shimama has crap Sp. Atk, but good Attack.

speaking of starters

I say fake because of miju's not even being decently close to the other two. But if real I certainly wouldn't complain about tsutaja's O_O
Tsutaja is awesome, but WTF the other two? Pokabu looks fire/fighting AGAIN, and where the hell does Mijumaru's come from? It just randomly becomes a seal thing. A definite NOT samurai seal thing :(

I'm hoping fake too.

EDIT: Anyone else notice that it looks that the first gym is a triple battle? There's three gym leaders there. Where Dento is the grass type leader, and there's probably a fire person and a water person too.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
A few things I noticed from the video:
- Wargle learns Superpower. So now at least we know it's getting a decent fighting move at least
- Reshiram fires a Fireball and Zekrom. Zekrom TURNS INTO a lightning ball and slams into Reshiram. Does this hint something?
- On the third video you could hear Reshiram's cry. Looking back at the first video, you could also hear the same cry on the part where Reshiram/Zekrom meet. I'm not sure if you could hear Zekrom's cry, though.
- As far as the "three gym leaders" thing, they look like nothing more than regular trainers. If you remember Erika's gym in 1st/3rd gen, you'll notice that she has trainers by her side.

Starter evolutions are fake.

1. Tsutarja's final evo doesn't have the spikes that the 2nd does. Other than that, they're either all real or all fake, and they are not all real.

2. Pokabu's 2nd is freaking huge, and is just a fat Pokabu standing up. The 2nd evo messes up the tail. Just a totally retarded... thing, but the big thing is Mijumaru.

3. Second evolution looks just like the one that was revealed. Yep. Nothing off here.

Mijumaru's third form is what I believe means this is all false.

The design COMPLETELY changes. This thing is like a unicorn, not an Otter in any way. The four legs are even more random than the giant-ass mega horn that comes out of nowhere. Also, the pictures of the reveals make me think this would be a Pokemon Sunday thing.

-The starter forms have never been revealed outside of the games as a preview, except for Blaziken.
-If this was on Pokemon Sunday, the first forms would likely be included in the pictures.... Or, where are those being revealed, anyway, now that I see the full pictures?
-The new (as in, the ones we haven't seen yet) Pokemon (third forms + Pokabu's 2nd) barely match Sugimori's style in any way.

And then there's Mijumaru's final evolution again. They're all real or they're all fake. If just one of these is fake, they all are (again, I mean the newly revealed Pokemon). Also, the color schemes for Mijumaru's evos are WAY off.

It looks like these evolutions of the B/W starters are made by the same guy who created the fake coro-coro screen showing the evolutions of Farfetch'd and Delibird. Therefore they are fake and to be honest - all three are really obscure, especially the coloring and the shading are quite bad and what's up with samurai-otter evolving in a deep-blue seel-unicorn abomination?

Anybody else notice the small leafy turnip looking poke at the daycare(?) Could be a standard early game grass a la Oddish, Seedot, Budew, etc.
The quality of the video is quite bad, but it doesn't look like an already revealed Pokémon. It may be new.

Starter evolutions are fake.

1. Tsutarja's final evo doesn't have the spikes that the 2nd does. Other than that, they're either all real or all fake, and they are not all real.

2. Pokabu's 2nd is freaking huge, and is just a fat Pokabu standing up. The 2nd evo messes up the tail. Just a totally retarded... thing, but the big thing is Mijumaru.

3. Second evolution looks just like the one that was revealed. Yep. Nothing off here.

1.) blastoise doesn't have wartortles feather ears

2.) just look at cyandaquil line..basically just gets taller with slight changes.

3.) I have to agree with you here. the coloring seems weird compared to the first stage. Not to go to the digimon route but it reminds me of amradillomon's armor digievo (forgot the name but it was some kinda whale drill) it also looks like walrien and swampert fused.....but I kind of like it.

but as usual only times will tell.

I'm sure those are fake. Firstly, the shading style doesn't match either Sugimori's style or the anime style. Secondly, the presentation is all wrong; I'd have thought the second stages would be together, and the third stages together. What's with the 'frame', too? And thirdly, the final stage grass/water starters are completely different body-shape wise to the second stages. The fire evolutions look silly, too (in my opinion at least).

Those final forms have to be fake. Tsutaja's final evo has no legs. I don't know any starter that has no legs. I highly doubt GF would break that kind of tradition. I mean come on, doesn't that limit it's movepool a bit. And by the way, they're just plain ugly. Mijumaru's final evo looks like a water version of Dialga. XD

EDIT: The way Pokabu's second and third form look hint at Fire/Fighting again IMO. There's NO WAY we should be getting three Fire/Fighting starters in a row. I'm calling BS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)