Pokemon Black and White (SPECULATIONS ALLOWED HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it was, just only in Japan. And Celebi could be caught in Ilex Forest if you had the GS Ball in Crystal. So 3/5 of the phantoms have ingame locations. That's a majority.
Opps, my mistake. Though in Japan, Shaymin does indeed follow this pattern as Sheimii.

Nonetheless, my main point was Shaymin having an alternate forme. What's even more, it's alternate forme breaks the 100/100/100/100/100/100 pattern of the phantoms. Shaymin can hardly be considered the main phantom.

Opps, my mistake. Though in Japan, Shaymin does indeed follow this pattern as Sheimii.

Nonetheless, my main point was Shaymin having an alternate forme. What's even more, it's alternate forme breaks the 100/100/100/100/100/100 pattern of the phantoms. Shaymin can hardly be considered the main phantom.
I totally agree. I feel like Manaphy is the true Phantom of DP.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Shaymin would like a word with you. I don't know why everyone assumes Manaphy was the primary "phantom" pokemon of Gen 4 - IMO, Shaymin has more in common with Mew, Celebi and Jirachi, so if anything it should be considered the primary one, though tbh I'd just count them as equal.
Well, its Japanese name is Sheimii. Serebii, Jiraachi, Sheimi, Manafi, Bikutini.

How does Shaymin have more in common with Mew, Celebi and Jirachi? None of the latter can change formes, Shaymin can. Shaymin has an in-game location, the others do not (except for Mew in Emerald, but that event was never released iirc).
It was, but only in Japan. And only once, IIRC.

Technically, Shaymin does match - Serebii, Jirachi, Manafi, and Sheimi are the Japanese names, Mew is the only one that doesn't match. And I also consider Manaphy to be the main 4th gen phantom. Shaymin's form changing is unique, as is the fact that it has an in-game location. Manaphy's ability to produce phione eggs is rather irrelevant, as GF needed a way to prevent us from simply hatching multiple Manaphy since it itself hatches from an egg.
I find it funny when people give that as a justification for Phione's existance. Manaphy come from blue Eggs. How does it laying white Eggs explain anything? As far as I know, in Pokémon Ranger 1, it is explained that the blue Egg cannot be hatched in Fiore because it's a warm region, and thus should be sent to Sinnoh somehow, as it's a colder region and only there can the Egg be hatched. From this, we can postulate that, once the Egg arrives and hatches, Manaphy is ready to lay as many Eggs as it (or Ditto...) can, but they're all white (and with a Phione inside) exactly because of Sinnoh being colder. Those Eggs, however, just like the blue ones, can only be hatched in cold regions. The reason Manaphy is so rare is because blue Eggs can only be laid in warm regions, while hatched in colder ones. Phione doesn't have this restriction, and thus is more common (or should be), but it cannot evolve to Manaphy because it's kind of a "mutated" Manaphy, and thus is technically Manaphy already.

However, it wasn't necessary for Phione to exist to "explain" anything. Game Freak could have just said "oh, Manaphy can only lay Eggs in warm regions as its reproductive system atrophies in colder ones lololo" and call it a day. See? No need for Phione. They did it so merely because they wanted to. And see, they didn't even fully explained why does it work this way. Silly, silly Game Freak.

...Maybe I got things mixed up and it's actually Fiore the cold region and Sinnoh the warm one, but bear with me here, I never actually played that misson from Ranger 1...

wait wait wait wait a damn second, is there a new ability called Brave heart? just to make sure. cause if there is then its oficial: pokemon is ripping off digimon 100%.
Brave Heart is Ho-oh's theme since HGSS, go read the translated lyrics and see how right I am ~__~

Wait, Mario with Lasers, you know how to speak Japanese right? Do you think you can give us some spoilers by buying the version when it comes out in Japan? xD jk

Well, its Japanese name is Sheimii. Serebii, Jiraachi, Sheimi, Manafi, Bikutini.

I find it funny when people give that as a justification for Phione's existance. Manaphy come from blue Eggs. How does it laying white Eggs explain anything? As far as I know, in Pokémon Ranger 1, it is explained that the blue Egg cannot be hatched in Fiore because it's a warm region, and thus should be sent to Sinnoh somehow, as it's a colder region and only there can the Egg be hatched. From this, we can postulate that, once the Egg arrives and hatches, Manaphy is ready to lay as many Eggs as it (or Ditto...) can, but they're all white (and with a Phione inside) exactly because of Sinnoh being colder. Those Eggs, however, just like the blue ones, can only be hatched in cold regions. The reason Manaphy is so rare is because blue Eggs can only be laid in warm regions, while hatched in colder ones. Phione doesn't have this restriction, and thus is more common (or should be), but it cannot evolve to Manaphy because it's kind of a "mutated" Manaphy, and thus is technically Manaphy already.

However, it wasn't necessary for Phione to exist to "explain" anything. Game Freak could have just said "oh, Manaphy can only lay Eggs in warm regions as its reproductive system atrophies in colder ones lololo" and call it a day. See? No need for Phione. They did it so merely because they wanted to. And see, they didn't even fully explained why does it work this way. Silly, silly Game Freak.

...Maybe I got things mixed up and it's actually Fiore the cold region and Sinnoh the warm one, but bear with me here, I never actually played that misson from Ranger 1...

Brave Heart is Ho-oh's theme since HGSS, go read the translated lyrics and see how right I am ~__~
In Ranger 1, Hastings actually tells you that there are no records of any Pokemon Eggs hatching in Fiore. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

ABC
DEF

Would Rock Slide (Just an example.) from Poke D hit both A B and C, or simply A and B? Would Surf hit the same targets, but both E and F, or just E? I'm rather interested in seeing how this might change several popular Doubles strategies.
I would guess that Rock Slide would only hit A and B whereas Surf would only hit A, B, and your partner E.

That would be my guess.

Although based on this reasoning so far, if Pokemon D used Explosion, F and C would not be affected. What, they're using the middle two Pokemon as meat shields?

Mario With Lasers

Wait, Mario with Lasers, you know how to speak Japanese right? Do you think you can give us some spoilers by buying the version when it comes out in Japan? xD jk
I "know" Japanese. Only a basic knowledge. And I'm sure Serebii and other more proficient users will spoiler everything quicker than I possibly could ~__~

In Ranger 1, Hastings actually tells you that there are no records of any Pokemon Eggs hatching in Fiore. Just thought I'd throw that out there.
Hmm wait. How does Fiore have pokémon then?

I "know" Japanese. Only a basic knowledge. And I'm sure Serebii and other more proficient users will spoiler everything quicker than I possibly could ~__~
Shoots, I check this more than Serebii, plus I bet you would be a better spoiler (in a good way, Serebii for some reason spoils everything in a kinda boring way) type of person.

Hmm wait. How does Fiore have pokémon then?
Maybe they got transfered or something? No idea =S

Mario With Lasers

XD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdZfDBbHVGo&feature=related

He says it in that video at 4:07. Eh, maybe they migrated there or something? I honestly don't know.
What a weird region.

Well, it fits with what I said. Manaphy lay Eggs in Fiore for some funny reason, but it can only be hatched in Sinnoh (or in any place NOT called Fiore) because Fiore sucks. Once in Sinnoh/not-Fiore, Game Freak could have explained that Manaphy cannot lay Eggs because of its reproductive system or something like that. And then Phione would not exist.

I'm sure they could've come up with a good explanation; I mean, according to HAL Inc., Eggs do not hatch in Fiore, you cannot give any less of an absurd justification than that...

I would guess that Rock Slide would only hit A and B whereas Surf would only hit A, B, and your partner E.

That would be my guess.

Although based on this reasoning so far, if Pokemon D used Explosion, F and C would not be affected. What, they're using the middle two Pokemon as meat shields?
I wonder if the targeting of certain moves would be modified to affect three targets, or remain at two maximum if used by A/C/D/F if you refer to my chart. I would imagine Explosion would have to remain the same, otherwise two Ghosts and a Banded Explosion user would just be overkill as a team.

I also wonder, if there is an endgame situation where A has to face F, that it would revert to the ruling of standard one on one, or either being unable to target each other. I would be very suprised if they remained out of range.

Mario With Lasers

I'm sure, for some unknown reason, that Explosion and Selfdestruct will target everybody on the field for 50% damage instead of the Doubles' 75%.

Actually, Manaphy is an excuse for Phione.

Phione is based on a sea angel, an animal Japan is obsessed with. Don't believe me? Look at Bulbapedia's "On the Origin of Species" article on it.

What a weird region.

Well, it fits with what I said. Manaphy lay Eggs in Fiore/Almia/Oblivia for some funny reason, but it can only be hatched in Sinnoh (or in any place NOT called Fiore/Almia/Oblivia) because Fiore/Almia/Oblivia sucks.
Fix'd.

But yeah... is there any problem with Generation IV having "two" Mew Pokémon?

The designation "Phantom Pokémon", which comes from 幻のポケモン or Maroboroshi/Illusory Pokémon actually means any 'secret' Pokémon that are rarely seen, including Deoxys, Darkrai, and Arceus (though Arceus is also "the Original One"). So what's wrong with Shaymin, Manaphy, AND Phione all being "Phantom Pokémon"?

EDIT: Diamond/Pearl translated the above Japanese term officially into "Mirage Pokémon", but that may remind people of something else a bit more unfortunate...

I never said Phione is used to "explain" anything. I was saying this:

Manaphy hatches from an egg, and is not a baby pokemon. Thus, Manaphy should be able to theoretically breed and produce more Manaphy. To prevent this from happening, GF created Phione so that they could control Manaphy's rarity. That is the entire purpose of Phione's existence. It has no backstory or official promotion by Nintendo...it is just a check to keep Manaphy scarce.

Furthermore, all legendary pokemon have been featured in a Movie in some way or another, whether it be a cameo or an opening. Phione is nowhere to be seen, and is legendary only because it comes from Manaphy.

Sorry if im reposting but i saw this scan on a blog and i couldnt find it on serebii. Anyone know if its real or not? It looks real to me lol
Maybe someone could translate what it says for us non asian folks? ^.^
Its very, very fake. It was found on a 2ch website where they were designing fakemon. (See Pokejungle)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)