Pokemon Black and White (SPECULATIONS ALLOWED HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
well whatever. i am getting white and black anyway. i decided myself after i heard ming-ming liked the chicken more then the megazord.

dude, i dont even remember how many posts i had by that time, but i KNOW i lost a bunch of them. if mario come here saying to me posts are useless or some shit like that i am going to tear his leg off and hit him with it until he get anmesia. that or he will get killed in the process.

Technically, it makes sense. Going with the whole modern vs. nature theme they're going for, paying for a way to train your pokemon fits the modern theme, while using natural resources such as berries to build the trust of your pokemon seems much more rural or natural. There is a basis, loose though it may be.

You know, it's probably basically the same functionality.

The EV reducing berries increase happiness.

Well, like I said before, if you think about it, Zekrom and Reshiram were MADE for Kyogre and Groudon. Zekrom is a really good pokemon in rain, and breaks special walls, such as Blissey, that Kyogre can't do much too. In the same way, Reshiram breaks physical walls that Groudon can't handle, such as Curse Umbreon. Neat, heh? But what about Rayquaza..
Am I the only one who thinks Reshiram is actually not helping Groudon? Zekrom and Kyogre combo is looking flawless with special and physical coverage but Groudon and Reshiram doesn't really work. Look at it this way, what is Groudons best move and the most common attack in the game in all tiers? Earthquake, the one move that could help it hit everything on the field in a 2 vs 2 or 3 vs 3 can't be used as it would probably OHKO Reshiram on your side. Reshiram shouldn't have to resort to using Protect to dodge it.

P.S. Thanks for killing the majority of my post count guys...

Am I the only one who thinks Reshiram is actually not helping Groudon? Zekrom and Kyogre combo is looking flawless with special and physical coverage but Groudon and Reshiram doesn't really work. Look at it this way, what is Groudons best move and the most common attack in the game in all tiers? Earthquake, the one move that could help it hit everything on the field in a 2 vs 2 or 3 vs 3 can't be used as it would probably OHKO Reshiram on your side. Reshiram shouldn't have to resort to using Protect to dodge it.

Yes , this.

Because it is almost guaranteed that the standard form of battling will be 1 on 1. So you can't use Reshiram alongside Groudon in 2v2 or 3v3; Ho-oh isn't going anywhere anytime soon. In singles, at least, the two compliment each other nicely.

Technically, it makes sense. Going with the whole modern vs. nature theme they're going for, paying for a way to train your pokemon fits the modern theme, while using natural resources such as berries to build the trust of your pokemon seems much more rural or natural. There is a basis, loose though it may be.
true, but it's a silly trade off. Happiness increases steadily while using a Pokemon. EV's do too, but they are much harder to keep track of, unlike Happiness. adding in a person that helps manage EV's in one version, while having a person that raises Happiness (which, I might add, is something we already have) in the other is completely lopsided.

assuming this "EV trainer" would function more effectively than EV boosting items, he could end up being a Godsend for everyone who hates EV training. I assume he would tell you how high the EV's in each stat are, so you know which one to raise, which is also helpful.

happiness, on the other hand, adds nothing. raising happiness is not only easy/automatic in the first place, but we have people who tell you how happy a Pokemon is. in GSC/HGSS, we have people who raise Happiness by grooming them. it adds nothing new. all it would do is let Happiness based evolutions evolve faster, which has some use, but is forgettable when compared to better EV management.

I really hope this rumour turns out to be just that, because I find this quite silly.

It's going to be hilarious when the guy basically acts like a vitamin and only gives 100 EVs a stat and stops after reaching that.

Is anyone else annoyed about the first thread being deleted, not because we've lost loads of posts, but because we've lost 700+ pages of crazy shit to look back on next time around, when Gen 6 is coming out, or even just once Gen 5 is released. How many of us wanted to see old Gen 4 speculation? And now it's gone. Oh well...

On topic:

Methinks the EV raising thing will just be like vitamins.

Which also raise happiness...

also, remember that this EV/Happiness dude stuff is just part of a rumour. it could very well be a bunch of hooey.

just in case someone missed the part about it being a rumour.

EDIT: I'm also quite upset that the previous thread got deleted. I would have loved to see stuff from Gen 4 speculation, but it seems I will just have to have memories of Gen 5 speculation... T___T

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
CALLED IT IN THE LAST THREAD. Just wanted the world to know :naughty:
Not confirmed, only a rumor.

Huh the digimon is a physical electrical dragon...
No, the Digimon is a fire-kicking fighting rooster, and Hoenn's Fire starter's final form.

Says the guy with 4,165 MEAN LOOK posts.

Postcounts validate your very existence in the online community.
I was going to give a really uneducated reply but then I realized you're joking ~__~

well whatever. i am getting white and black anyway. i decided myself after i heard ming-ming liked the chicken more then the megazord.

dude, i dont even remember how many posts i had by that time, but i KNOW i lost a bunch of them. if mario come here saying to me posts are useless or some shit like that i am going to tear his leg off and hit him with it until he get anmesia. that or he will get killed in the process.
You have ~600 posts only from the last thread, I checked the top flooders a few days before it got deleted.

...Airfoil was the #3 poster even though he doesn't come here by weeks...

Isn't Water Spout a target-all move? I know, Zekrom resists it but well, "life isn't fair".

Is anyone else annoyed about the first thread being deleted, not because we've lost loads of posts, but because we've lost 700+ pages of crazy shit to look back on next time around, when Gen 6 is coming out, or even just once Gen 5 is released. How many of us wanted to see old Gen 4 speculation? And now it's gone. Oh well...

On topic:

Methinks the EV raising thing will just be like vitamins.

Which also raise happiness...
Not worth it. It would be better to have an article on The Smog about early-gen speculation than letting a 700-page thread full of, well, you know, being kept alive.

it was quality flooding though. gotta gimme credit.

jokes aside i think the new pokemons resemble digimons probably because MAYBE the new designers like digimon or are friends with the digimon designers? idk. not only 3V3 battles resemble battles on dawn/dusk a lot but the pokemons itself resemble digimons a little. it work good for me since i like both but meh.

Isn't Water Spout a target-all move? I know, Zekrom resists it but well, "life isn't fair".
Nah, it's the best kind of doubles move, 'cos it affects both opponenents, but not your teammate.

Not worth it. It would be better to have an article on The Smog about early-gen speculation than letting a 700-page thread full of, well, you know, being kept alive.
Yeah, but really, how much bandwidth/server space/whatever does 700 pages of text really take up? I still think it would've been better to keep it for epic nostalgia puropses.

There was an idea floating around that the berries required would be the same as the older games to increase happiness (and lower EVs), but it would raise the IV of that respective stat too. That seems really far-fetched, but those rumors aren't confirmed anyways.

I'm really looking forward to the Wifi features of this game. It appears you can play with your friend once you get to the northern part (the majority or at least half of it) of the Isshu region, so I'm guessing that area will be full of 2 v 2 and 3 v 3 battles. I read on Pokebeach (iirc) that you can upload your team to the internet, and there will be ranked matches there. Hopefully there will be a bountiful number of clauses you can implement, or at least make Sleep Clause and Species Clause on (I wouldn't mind a metagame with OHKO moves).

Whoa, are you serious? I can't stand the likes of Gliscor spamming Guillotine higher up in battle tower much less in an actual metagame...
This, because we all know some people would want hax items allowed with that and then quick claw sheer cold hax all over again >.>

has anyone noticed that the new games (since rse) sort of reflect a issue of the world?

if im remebering correctly when rse came out wasnt global warming the big thing for the govts to argue about? now we had the oil spill wich is sort of nature vs technology IMO and look what 5th gens theme is -_- maybe im wrong

I think the EV trainer thing will be a little like the haircut brothers back in GSC, high price for a small amount and only once a day, or even once a week.

I think the EV trainer thing will be a little like the haircut brothers back in GSC, high price for a small amount and only once a day, or even once a week.
Wind the DS clock?

Anyway however the EV raising system works will determine if I get Black or not, I would rather have White but if it is unlimited EV raising then that would just put me into a choke hold and I would have to get Black.

Also the idea that was brought up that 3v3 might signal stuff like alliances in game is approved by me. It would give the game more of an RPG feel and it would let your choices impact the game.

Wind the DS clock?
"lolno" did you try that on HGSS? if not i did, and doing that lock all the daily events for 24 hs so no, >.>

Anyways the way things are posted i fail to see the difference between random guy that sell EV's and buying vitamins, unless it can do the 252 EV instead of a 100 EV that is the maximum for the items, and be cheaper wanting things like colored shards, now that would be usefull.

I actually fail to see the use for this guy at all. If you have Pokerus and a Power Item, you only have to fight 25 Starly with the Power Item and 1 without it to get up to 252. You can get that done in 20 minutes where you might have to exchange something like BP or something ridiculous like Tiny Mushrooms to get them, which will take a lot longer to get enough of them and even if you have BP left over, it will be better used for things like Earthquake TMs.

Good to know that the last thread was pc++ bait for many of you guys ^_^

About Reshiram: Personally, I'd love a Sun abuser that isn't 4x weak against Stealth Rock and might have better offenses. In fact, that would be SICK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)