Pokemon Black and White (SPECULATIONS ALLOWED HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I assume that the Oath moves would be added to the movepools of all Starter Pokemon, and it would be likely a form of Charge (Perhaps a stat boost, but most importantly, boost Grass/Water/Fire power for the next move.). Think of it similar to how all Starters get Torrent/Blaze/Overgrow.
I doubt that it would be identical to Charge, since it has 20PP as opposed to the 10PP that the oaths have. Maybe they will double the power of Grass/Fire attacks for that Pokemon only?

those aren't signature moves. if they are, they aren't confirmed to be. all we know is that they are new moves that the starters happen to learn. by this logic Coil has just as much of a chance of being Tsutarja's signature move, but we all know it's not going to be.

I also don't see what the Oath moves have to do with this. are you implying the starters have more than one signature move? they most likely won't, and assuming the Oaths are signatures moves despite having no clue what they do is silly. they also seem to be direct variations on each other in terms of the actual concept, so they wouldn't even be "signature" moves from a flavour standpoint.
I don't see why it isn't a perfectly safe assumption-- after all, a pig that will almost surely eventually turn into a boar seems like it would use a charge as a main attack, and seeing as Grass Mixer seems to involve rotating around, and Tsutarja also has Coil relating to this theme, it would seem like something they wanted to put emphasis on. The difference between Coil and Grass Mixer is that Coil is Poison-type and thus it wouldn't really be logical as a signature attack for Tsutarja, so I don't see how that could be Tsutarja's signature move "based on my logic." And flavor-wise, even if what the attacks do doesn't seem "unique" enough-- logically, anything that got Razor Leaf should have been able to get Leaf Blade in Gen III, but they kept the distribution limited until Gen IV. Really, to a lesser extent, this applies to all of the Gen III signature moves. It may or may not be worth noting they're all in katakana like Gen III's signature moves, but that could just be coincidence.

I honestly don't know how it's silly to think the Oaths won't be signature attacks, even if it's simply based on their names. We don't know if there's a "Water Oath" but there almost certainly is and I think even if Shell Blade, Grass Mixer, and Nitro Charge aren't signatures, the Oaths almost certainly will be. Again, I admit I'm making an assumption, but I don't see how either of them are very impossible or even unlikely.

EDIT: Reading again, I think you might have misunderstood the Oaths part-- what I meant is that they would be attacks only starters can use.

Oh, Jeebus. Look at the Best Wishes trailer. Iris keeps her Pokemon in her hair.

The new B/W footage, however, is awesomesauce. The music is way better, but I think the rival music is iffy.

And did anyone else realize that Game Freak hasn't made the wild battle victory music? It played victory music from HG/SS.

...which is the reason why I always buy both games. (Well, it'll be 3 games in this case because I'll also be getting an extra White for my girlfriend)

There was some hint about limitations on the Pokemon you can transfer to BW, so its quite possible you won't be able to transfer the old TMs over. My big concern is the (highly unlikely) possibility that they'll prevent the trading of RNGed Pokemon somehow... or possibly recalculate IVs after the transfer making all of my hard work for naught.

*goes back to RNGing for a Jolly Wondercard Jirachi anyway*
They can't. It's impossible to tell if your Pokemon were RNGed. It's not like you Pokesav'd them.

Incidentally, I'm curious what the restrictions will be and how they'll handle Skymin.

They can't. It's impossible to tell if your Pokemon were RNGed. It's not like you Pokesav'd them.

Incidentally, I'm curious what the restrictions will be and how they'll handle Skymin.
They could do things to: A)Mess up the way you obtain Pokemon, or B)Promote competitive battling in a way that it is easier to obtain perfect IVs. The former of which is probably the most likely. They could prevent you from changing the time of your DS while playing your game, which would single-handedly screw up the process. I've always thought they would do this anyway, because isn't changing your time in order to do an in-game event 'cheating' as well?

ehh...okay so I haven't been since the introduction of Biktuni , Have I missed anything other than the news on Serebii/Pokebeach?

Any new rumors , etc. If yes please do update me ;D.

pokejungle said:
1:40 High Link. Talking about Hyperballs new location “Tower of Heaven“. Giving them “Cheap Power” which allows them 30mins of cheaper prices(?)
what are hyperballs?
cult reference?

They could do things to: A)Mess up the way you obtain Pokemon, or B)Promote competitive battling in a way that it is easier to obtain perfect IVs. The former of which is probably the most likely. They could prevent you from changing the time of your DS while playing your game, which would single-handedly screw up the process. I've always thought they would do this anyway, because isn't changing your time in order to do an in-game event 'cheating' as well?
Yes, but that wouldn't change your Pokemon that already exist.

It's unlikely they'd do that, because your game's time might be off and messing up daily events, I think, is "punishment" enough. If you don't, then you'd be unable to change your time for DST.

gotcha
and disregard the part about the cult refrence, i was confusing tower of heaven with heavens gate
Team galactic are based on them: space theme, bowl hair cuts, simple uniform, unisex uniform, go to a new world, psychotic leader who survives the mass suicides and has great speech power.

internet

no longer getting paid to moderate
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
they could replace the software based RNG with noise from any of the receiver things, or combine them.
i personally would find it funny if this happens and people spend months trying to figure it out

Ho-oh and N?

A few weeks ago, it was revealed that a character by the name of N would serve as a major plot point in the Black and White games; apparently seeking to unite Pokemon and humans. In the anime, it is said that Ho-oh will return once Pokemon and Humans find perfect harmony; well, what if N were to become a major plot point in the Anime as well, with his efforts heralding the return of Ho-oh?

A few weeks ago, it was revealed that a character by the name of N would serve as a major plot point in the Black and White games; apparently seeking to unite Pokemon and humans. In the anime, it is said that Ho-oh will return once Pokemon and Humans find perfect harmony; well, what if N were to become a major plot point in the Anime as well, with his efforts heralding the return of Ho-oh?
I highly doubt it. The blasted anime will get to Generation 5 when it truly comes out in Japan. Also, I thought N supported comeplete seperation of Pokemon and humans, not to unite them.

ok thanks for clarification, but was bulbasaur grass/poison in Gen I or was that changed later on cuz i thought it was a pure grass until gen II

Just want to point out that, by that logic, Roar of Time and Rock Wrecker would not be considered signature moves as they work the same and even are clones of the same more widely distributed move.
the concept for those are completely different. Roar of time is a roar that fucks up time. Rock wrecker shoots a giant rock at the opponent. the mechanics of the move have nothing to do with the concept. the Oaths seem, at this point in time, to be based on the same concept. they are both oaths, only they make an oath to a different element.

I don't see why it isn't a perfectly safe assumption-- after all, a pig that will almost surely eventually turn into a boar seems like it would use a charge as a main attack,

admittedly, Nitro Charge makes sense to be Pokabu's signature attack. that still doesn't mean we can can safely assume it is, as we can just as easily assume it will be given to any Pokemon that can charge/could use fire to propel themselves for a charge attack. Shell Blade, however, has an attack animation that uses Mijumaru's Shell, giving it a direct connection to Mijumaru. that could just be coincidence/a cute reference, but I doubt it.

and seeing as Grass Mixer seems to involve rotating around, and Tsutarja also has Coil relating to this theme, it would seem like something they wanted to put emphasis on.

Grass Mixer is a bunch of grass/leaves spinning around the opponent. any Pokemon that is capable of learning Razor Leaf/Leaf Storm/Petal Dance could learn this attack and have it make sense. Coil also relates to snakes, and will most definitely be given to Arbok and the like. Tsutarja having it doesn't point to any "spinning around" theme, it just proves he's a snake.

The difference between Coil and Grass Mixer is that Coil is Poison-type and thus it wouldn't really be logical as a signature attack for Tsutarja, so I don't see how that could be Tsutarja's signature move "based on my logic."

"your logic" is that it's a signature move because it's the only Pokemon we know to learn it. since Tsutarja is the only Pokemon we know to learn Coil, it's in the same boat as Grass Mixer. if you're saying it's different because Grass Mixer is the same type, then we should be able to say Wild Volt is Shimama's signature move (but of course we aren't going to, because we know how silly that sounds).

And flavor-wise, even if what the attacks do doesn't seem "unique" enough-- logically, anything that got Razor Leaf should have been able to get Leaf Blade in Gen III, but they kept the distribution limited until Gen IV.

no, actually. Leaf Blade is a blade made out of a leaf, as the name implies. Grovile/Sceptile make sense to have this move, as they have leaves on the back of their arms that they can use. Ivysuar couldn't use this move and have it fit flavour wise, since the leaves are on it's back, and it wouldn't be able to use them as a blade effectively. same goes for the majority of the other grass types that either don't have leaves as part of their design, or have them in places that wouldn't be effective as a blade. counting all the Pokemon that make sense to have Leaf Blade, it comes out to roughly the same amount as Shell Blade.

EDIT: Reading again, I think you might have misunderstood the Oaths part-- what I meant is that they would be attacks only starters can use.

they aren't signature moves in that case, since all the starters could learn them. I do agree that the Oaths make sense to be given to all the starters of the respective type, though.

easily.

... i cant wait to play in a new meta, it seems like everything in gen 4 has already been discovered.
"Everything that can be invented has been invented."
-Charles H. Duell, Commissioner, U.S. patent office, 1899

Just a little tidbit :)
But yeah, I'm antsy about the 5th gen possibilities. I've especially got my eye on that Earthquake spiral ability :naughty:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)