Pokemon Black & White, aka Gen 5. Coming to Japan in Fall 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh, still showing re-used sprites.. not very fun. I find it odd that they're mix-matching between certain games. Leafeon and Entei from DP, Pikachu from Pt and Suicune from HGSS?.. I'm starting to think that these aren't going to just be beta sprites. :(
Just re-posting to see what others have to say on the matter.

Also, Suicune's "new" sprite looks almost exactly like HGSS but reversed. Remember GF has been screenshotting mid-animation so it's probably a difference in frames.

Plus, mamepato is a pidgeon. It doesn't make sense that it just goes and evolves into an eagle. Come on people, really? Just think about it.

Umm a pigeon to an eagle? Yep that's completely unlikely. Just like a fish into an octopus XD

But in all seriousness I really don't think that little Mamepato will evolve into Wargle. Just not seeing it. It makes no sense that they would choose to have a silhouette of it and no others, not including the starters.

I think that Gen5 will be nicer then gen4. The Pokémon I have seen are much nicer then the owns form gen 4!

So I look really forward to this games.

Isnt those stats just for level 50? I havent seen him being level 50 in any pictures yet, so he might (hopefully) be a lower level in that picture.

Plus, mamepato is a pidgeon. It doesn't make sense that it just goes and evolves into an eagle. Come on people, really? Just think about it.
I agree and i don't think it happens, but just to remind everyone how Remoraid can turn into Octillery, just saying =P.

FlareBlitz

Relaxed nature. Loves to eat.
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
If it was level 30, someone posted that it would have approximately 700 BST, which seems...unlikely. I suppose it could be some random level like 42, but honestly it's much more likely that it's at level 50. Edit: Also, there's no reason a pidgeon can't turn into an eagle, lest we forget lest gen a starling turned into a hawk.

It just occurred to me Gochiruzeru will have this BST too.

FUCK
Not necessarily. This is a list of games with version exclusives that have different base stat totals than their counter parts.

Red: Ekans, Growlithe, Mankey, Oddish,
Blue: Sandshrew, Vulpix, Meowth, Bellsprout

Gold: Sandshrew, Growlithe, Mankey, Spinarak
Silver: Ekans, Vulpix, Meowth, Ledyba

Ruby: N/A
Sapphire: N/A

Diamond: Stunky, Murkrow
Pearl: Glameow, Misdreavus

Only Generation III changes from the normal pattern, so it's a safe bet Gochi could have a decent BST.

When it comes to birds, GF doesn't like to fuck them up for some reason, so I don't see them making a pidgeon become an eagle.
>Starly
>Evolves into a hawk

Gamefreak doesn't give a damn about what makes and kicks reason to the curb. Though Wargle is not a Mamepato evo, I feel pretty sure Mamepato WILL evolve into a bird of prey of some sort.

@Mario with Lasers: DAMN IT I should have made that my avatar first.

FUCK
As I scroll down to the Topic Review I see blasphemy has just posted what I was going to, but on a related note, does the issue say they are version exclusives of each other (if that makes any sense...), or both just happen to be version exclusives, not necessarily counterparts (like say, Phanpy and Gligar)?

FUCK
I'm assuming that's short for "Thank FUCKing God no one will use that; I didn't want to have to see that ugly ass pokemon on any teams"

>Starly

Please God no, Smugleaf is so much cooler.

And to everyone using the Starly defense, even Gamefreak would not be so rude as to make a vile, disease-ridden pigeon evolve into the majestic eagle.

Okay so aside from the evolution talk......this was on pokebeach

"The Pokemon Global Link, which is the service that allows you to upload your Black and White save file to a special website, has two different modes: one where you have your Pokemon play in a dream and another where you can battle online. You can unlock the Global Link feature once you obtain Musharna, the evolution of Munna, meaning it is one of those "gimmick" Pokemon like Plusle and Minun were for 2-on-2 battles.
  • If you are registered through the Pokemon Global Link, you can play online battles using a "Rating Mode" or "Random Match" mode at to the Global Terminal inside the Pokemon Center. It will send your battle results to a server and you can compare your results to other players to see who is a strong Trainer."
Okay so now it's not a must to use FC's to battle , they're more like "private" battles now as you can have random battles like shoddy.

BUT...Obviously gamefreak is not going to follow tiers of smogon and crap like that so everybody is going to be using a tier mix?Or maybe a team full of legendaries to beat up everyone?

I really think if there is no organization of what pokemon can you use when then this feature will really suck >:

"The Pokemon Global Link, which is the service that allows you to upload your Black and White save file to a special website, has two different modes: one where you have your Pokemon play in a dream and another where you can battle online. You can unlock the Global Link feature once you obtain Musharna, the evolution of Munna, meaning it is one of those "gimmick" Pokemon like Plusle and Minun were for 2-on-2 battles.
  • If you are registered through the Pokemon Global Link, you can play online battles using a "Rating Mode" or "Random Match" mode at to the Global Terminal inside the Pokemon Center. It will send your battle results to a server and you can compare your results to other players to see who is a strong Trainer."
Okay so now it's not a must to use FC's to battle , they're more like "private" battles now as you can have random battles like shoddy.

BUT...Obviously gamefreak is not going to follow tiers of smogon and crap like that so everybody is going to be using a tier mix?Or maybe a team full of legendaries to beat up everyone?

I really think if there is no organization of what pokemon can you use when then this feature will really suck >:
Seeing as how several battle modes in HGSS ban "special" pokemon, I see no reason why they wouldn't implement that here ...

Please God no, Smugleaf is so much cooler.

And to everyone using the Starly defense, even Gamefreak would not be so rude as to make a vile, disease-ridden pigeon evolve into the majestic eagle.
The face on Gochiruzeru is fucking fucking priceless.

And good thing for us, it's not Mamepato's evo and won't be, and I can't believe there's still people out there thinking it might. I'm just saying that the idea of a pigeon evolving into an eagle isn't exactly hard to believe (tried so hard not to say "Farfetch'd"). But this particular eagle very clearly isn't related and it should have been obvious once its silhouette wasn't even said to have anything to do with Mamepato by Pokemon Sunday or Corocoro when it was fully revealed-- exactly how it was with Munna.

Also, yeah, it'll probably at the very least follow Battle Tower-style limitations, banning event-based Legendary Pokemon at the very least (and I think DPP's Battle Tower banned more than event legendaries too).

Ahh...I see some people are still talking utter filth about Mold Breaker not being good.
And holy moly at Rankurusu's stats...it must be a NFE.
Those stats are closer to Clefairy than Rotom.

so a evil bitch avatar is more awesome then my avatar? oh god, you guys suck.

i dont see why they would NOT add limits to the pokemons you can use, latias/latios, dialga, palkia and friends are banned from shit like the battle tower and i doubt they would change anything on BW.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Isnt those stats just for level 50? I havent seen him being level 50 in any pictures yet, so he might (hopefully) be a lower level in that picture.
http://pokebeach.com/news/0710/corocoro-black-white-10-11.jpg

It's at level 50 against Meguroko (crocodile). I cannot see its level against Gochiruzeru, though.

Not necessarily. This is a list of games with version exclusives that have different base stat totals than their counter parts.

Red: Ekans, Growlithe, Mankey, Oddish,
Blue: Sandshrew, Vulpix, Meowth, Bellsprout

Gold: Sandshrew, Growlithe, Mankey, Spinarak
Silver: Ekans, Vulpix, Meowth, Ledyba

Ruby: N/A
Sapphire: N/A

Diamond: Stunky, Murkrow
Pearl: Glameow, Misdreavus

Only Generation III changes from the normal pattern, so it's a safe bet Gochi could have a decent BST.
Oh good. You saved me now.

And I'm not even wearing a scarf!

As I scroll down to the Topic Review I see blasphemy has just posted what I was going to, but on a related note, does the issue say they are version exclusives of each other (if that makes any sense...), or both just happen to be version exclusives, not necessarily counterparts (like say, Phanpy and Gligar)?
I cannot answer you that. But really, that would totally be a dick move to make us think they're mutually exclusive...

I'm assuming that's short for "Thank FUCKing God no one will use that; I didn't want to have to see that ugly ass pokemon on any teams"
Gothloli and greencell are bonded together. You better damn hope she will have an acceptable BST, otherwise your poor Rankles will suffer in the depths of NU/UU along with her.

I say we should write a letter to the GameFreak company and tell them that they should have a seperate room that says "no Ubers". It's never to late to write a letter to the company, especially when the game hasn't been finished yet. All we have to do is tell them to look up the smogon tier list, so they get an idea of what Pokemon, items, moves they should ban.

Hacks concern me as well because of Wondertomb's are going to be everywhere. Also, Volt Absorb Gyarados could be scary as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)