Pokemon Day Presents 2024 - Pokemon LZA 2025

Status
Not open for further replies.

StupidFlandrs48

World’s sweatiest casual
is a Pre-Contributor
Yeah, I’m betting the anime shill frog stays dead

Plus, Greninja is too popular for them to resist giving it a hype new Mega Evolution when the opportunity presents itself. Maybe even two, like Charizard lmao
Mega Greninja X keeps Protean and has 140 special attack/speed

Mega Greninja Y becomes a physical attacker with a secondary poison typing

Zygarde doesn’t really have much of a relation to Alola specifically, it was just shoehorned in there because they presumably shelved Z.
Seems only fair then that Alola gets shoehorned into Legends Kalos. (He says, mining all the copium he can that GF will include Marshadow for reasons^TM. ...c'mon mega marshadow?)

More realistically, I do expect at least some Alola mons make it in a la hisuian Goodra/zoroark/decidueye, whether as regional forms or megas.

I mean they could be scales too (like how Zygarde's scales are styled like cells), but they definitely seem styled like stems growing upward. Which also fits with the stylization of the A.
I think it probably is meant to be a new Pokemon and a new counter part to Zygarde
The pattern on the A does look a tiny bit like the tree in the sketch early in the trailer:
Screenshot_20240227-100329.png

I mean, it's not like it's particularly convincing, but maybe this mon has something to do with whatever greenery makes it into Lumiose.

The true ultimate brainrot interpretation from an Alola stan (yours truly):

‘Member how Legends: Arceus retroactively added some development for Giratina by explaining why it wanted to protect the world from Cyrus?

Well you see, Z-A should be read as “Zee to Ay” as in, “Zygarde to Alola”

The Quasar logo also indicates a celestial theme (like Sun and Moon)

Legends: Z-A will therefore introduce new UBs and create a retroactive reason for Zygarde to go to Alola :row:

Last edited:

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Meanwhile, I'm thinking that a pure city map would be a welcome change from how often generic nature areas are used in open games (and that it might have made the game worth getting if it had non-Legends gameplay backing it up). To address the specific questions, Unova had the Cold Storage as a near-urban area with Ice mons and abandoned buildings have been used for Ghost areas in both gens 6 and 7.
Smaller, more intimate world maps with lots of detail > large empty ones. Every time I play Skyrim I can barely remember shit about the world. Pretty sure the Yakuza series does something similar to what LZA is probably going for to great effect.

StupidFlandrs48

World’s sweatiest casual
is a Pre-Contributor
Smaller, more intimate world maps with lots of detail > large empty ones. Every time I play Skyrim I can barely remember shit about the world. Pretty sure the Yakuza series does something similar to what LZA is probably going for to great effect.
I don't think those intimate, incredibly detailed Yakuza-style urban spaces will be the same in LZA without some guy like Goro Majima beating the shit out of everyone. Hawlucha better start lifting so he can fill the role

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Tbh i feel like we might still not get ash gren. That was a form that existed solely to promote the anime, doesnt really make much sense to keep it around when the XY Anime season is long gone and Ash isnt even around anymore
This, especially if they actually do Mega Kalos starters this time

Also upon another review of the trailer yeah this 100% modern Kalos. It's kinda tough to make out but looking at the fashion of the wireframe NPC guys it's all too recent to be PLA time period. Travel backpacks, baseball caps, etc
Yeah, I’m betting the anime shill frog stays dead
Yeah Ash-Gren was basically a pseudo Mega for Ash since they were still operating under the rule that Ash can only use new mons but he needed a "Mega" of his own and the Kalos starters didn't have Megas at the time so it was basically there to be a fake Mega made for him.

If the Kalos starters get Megas this time, which they almost certainly will, Mega Greninja would basically be Greninja's new and now official/permanent super form that is also canon to the games. Basically erasing the need for the fake Mega form, if not outright replacing it entirely moving forward. It would also explain why GF wiped Ash Greninja out of existence in SV beforehand.

Fair counterpoints on Ash-Greninja coming back, I just think it could be a thing since Ash-Gren was introduced in Gen 7 like with Zygarde's new forms. If the Kalos starters do get Megas in Z-A, it might be possible for Mega Greninja to take or base off design aspects of Ash-Gren as references to it.

I'm wondering how Z-A's regional dex would pan out. XY's dex introduced the general idea of having a large number of 300-400 Pokemon natively living in that region, with around 20%-25% of the dex being the newest generation of Pokemon (around 70-80, not counting newly introduced alternate forms of existing Pokemon). Would Z-A's regional dex also be as large as the modern core games' dexes, or would it be more condensed like Arceus's dex of 242?

Speaking of Alola representation, I have seen a lot of people aegue that since Enamorus happened, qw could see another sublegend group get a new addition/spotlight now, and the Tapus seem to be the popular choice. The Muskedeers obviously fit more but since they just got Paradoxes... It sounds like reaching but we are now discussing a Pokemon Z game so I dunno.

StupidFlandrs48

World’s sweatiest casual
is a Pre-Contributor
Speaking of Alola representation, I have seen a lot of people aegue that since Enamorus happened, qw could see another sublegend group get a new addition/spotlight now, and the Tapus seem to be the popular choice. The Muskedeers obviously fit more but since they just got Paradoxes... It sounds like reaching but we are now discussing a Pokemon Z game so I dunno.
You think they'll invent a whole new terrain for a whole new tapu? I think that might be interesting, like maybe Dark Terrain with some kind of useful effect. Then we can have a dark-fairy Tapu, and primal-like Xerneas and Yveltal formes with their own terrains a la Primal Groudon/Kyogre

Band

scatters things often
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Wait a minute, if we're going back to Kalos...
1709077226891.png

ACTUAL GOOD CUSTOMIZATION OPTIONS ARE likely BACK BABY WOOOHOOO!!

X and Y introduced character customization and it's become such a core feature of the series ever since, that when Scarlet and Violet decided to basically remove it for school uniforms, I'd say just about everyone hated that. After more than 10 years of designing clothing for the mainline series, we can expect that our trainers will be as fabulous as ever, nothing more fitting for the Paris of Pokemon!

To be fair XY is the game that introduced the Strange Souvenir from the Alolan (with his incredibly vague, out of date by the time SM actually came out, hints) Backpacker.

Doing something more with the Guardian of Alola (a new Pokemon, a shared mega form, whatever) doesn't feel entirely off the table. It's one of the more notable connections and the one most in your face time (as opposed to something like wallpaper having grapes and oranges) they referenced a future project so may as well reference it back. Plus It kind of mirrors Zygarde coming to Alola. Legendary Exchange Program.

Cobalt Pink

formerly patboiii
tried to compile all the mons we saw in the trailer, couldn't discern a few so feel free to give thoughts
Im also pretty sure that a Cacturne can be seen next to a person. Around mInute 1 on the right in the sequence when Talonglame is flying by.

Attachments

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
LEGENDARIES IN SLEEP LFG
Looking back at the other stuff announced (which I want to comment on):

Sleep: Sleeping habits of Legendaries should be interesting to see. The Beasts I feel are a safe choice, though I'd be interested in seeing the sleeping habits of say the Regi Trio, Deoxys, Spacetime Trio, DARKRAI, Arceus, Forces of Nature, Aura Trio, Eternatus, and the Treasures of Ruin. Ultra Beasts would also be interesting.

Tera Raids: So we're getting Venusaur tomorrow and Blastoise after (and Charizard again cause Charizard). Venusaur/Ground and Blastoise/Steel are pretty good combos as they not only thematically match but they're good against all but one of the weaknesses of their Tera Type.

TCG Pocket: Yeah, a new thing to get people addicted on! Joke (sorta) aside, it sounds decent. I like you open the pack by swiping the top of it, the interactive art cards is neat (hopefully there's a good number of them), and they give people 2 packs a day which from I hear is pretty good for freebies. Of course it's now all going to depend on how much packs are to buy (and if there's a limit, which I think there should be cause I can see this being very addicting and, if Pokemon Company wants to look responsible, should put a cap on it).

Can't wait for Mewtwo and Charizard Megas Z and A.
I'd be perfectly happy if they make a Charizard Z that's the looks of Y but the Type of Z (would also go with the stats and Ability of Y, but I'd be good if they give it something unique).

I wanted a Gen 5 related game tho :(
At this point they might as well for the Switch 2. LZ-A likely has been in the works for a while, but they probably haven't started on whatever they plan to do with Unova.

I think it probably is meant to be a new Pokemon and a new counter part to Zygarde
What would a new counterpart to Zygarde even be? It's a pretty unique Pokemon with its cells mechanic and it's lore makes it the balance between Xerneas (life) and Yveltal (death).

https://legends.pokemon.com/en-us/

The small website so far says "A new adventure awaits within Lumiose City, where an urban redevelopment plan is underway to shape the city into a place that belongs to both people and Pokémon. Please look forward to seeing it for yourself.", so I guess the twitter could be extrapolating from that and adding "entirely".

The other Pokemon.com article says this which is about the same:

https://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/updates-from-the-pokemon-day-2024-pokemon-presents
"Lumiose City is the setting of the upcoming Pokémon Legends: Z-A, where an urban redevelopment plan brings with it a vision of people and Pokémon living together in harmony. Look for this new entry to the Pokémon video game series to arrive in 2025."
Huh, so it seems to be set in modern times and sounds like most, if not all, of it is taking place within Lumiose City.

First off, I guess we're going for an obtuse definition of "Legends" here. I guess GF is taking the route of what is happening is a "Legendary" Event rather then it being something which takes place in the past. Or "Legends" is specifically referring to whatever "Z-A" represents, Z likely being Zygarde and A possibly a new Pokemon?

It also makes me wonder will the gameplay be the same as Legends Arceus. Like, Arceus had large empty fields and took place in a time before catching Pokemon was the norm so there was no "catching rules". But if this is taking place in a big city known for its compact streets and catching Pokemon is normalized, it doesn't feel like the LA gameplay would work that well or at the very least feel awkward. :blobthinking:

I'm going to need to see the gameplay and the plot setup before I get excited.

How bout them Unova Fanboys?
Hey, I'm just glad we didn't get a chibi, nearly 1:1 remake like Diamond & Pearl got.

Black 3 & White 3 dream still technically alive! :blobwizard: Just gotta wait a little longer (which I have no problem with, release the game when it's finished and not because a year has an empty Pokemon game gap).
Someone earlier mentioned the letter Z had scales and A had roots/tree-like features in the Z-A logo.

So I'm seeing in the logo a big snake coiled around a tree - like Jormungandr coiling around the world tree, tying in with Yveltal and Xerneas being a reference to the stags and the eagle atop the world tree.
So if A is a new Pokemon, it might be based of Yggdrasil itself?

Poor Ratatoskr (at least he got a role in the God of War series).

1709055805186.png

This seems to be the logo for the company in charge of the "Lumiose City Urban Redevelopment Plan"
That's just Macro Cosmos's French Kalos branch, they just have a fancier logo so they could be more snooty about it.

Or maybe a twofer? The Hisui starters in Cyndaquil, Oshawott and Rowlett didn’t stopped the original Sinnoh starters to show up, catchable in the wild instead of being gift. (Unrelated but Chimchar being obtainable as soon as first lands for a Fire-type option for those that didn’t picked Cyndaquil is a blessing)

So likewise, a new starter trio evolving into regionals while any of the original Kalos trio can be given as gift in addition to a shiny new Mega Stone like how it went back then with Kanto starters getting one in XY.
Or they keep the Kalos Starters as the Starters but make some of the other region Starters available to get... you know, like the ones which can Mega Evolve.

Because how much do you want to bet they'll have every Pokemon that can Mega Evolve in the game (maybe also throw in Groudon and Kyogre too)?

It was brought up in another forum that Paris went through a major renovation during the 19th century, so expect that to be the timeframe.
Except I think the people are wearing modern day clothing, like at the very beginning when they're drawing the scene in by pencil they have on the far right a girl in pigtails in what looks to be typical Pokemon trainer clothes.

So, what XY music track you most looking forward to a remix of? I can't wait to hear what they'll do with the Boutique theme
Well if the majority if the game it taking place in Lumiose City I'm hoping they make several remixes of Lumiose City's theme.

This theme is nice for the handful of minutes you need to spend in Lumiose City in the original XY, but for an entire game. :blobshrug:

The Gym Leader battle theme aka

the worst battle theme in the series
I've always felt they should have swapped the Gym Leader & Elite Four theme. The Elite Four theme sounds upbeat and hype which is how previous Gym Leader themes have been, meanwhile the Gym Leader theme is grandiose sounding and somewhat foreboding which is how Elite Four themes (if the E4 get a special theme) usually goes.

CobsonYaoi

formerly Holesum420
I doubt that the starters of Z-A will be anything other than the Kalos starters since this isn't a BDSP/PLA situation where it would've been stupid to have two games with the same starters releasing a few months apart. Plus we're already gonna have the Kanto & Hoenn starters too so any more would be overkill.

So, the Z-A name, the scales/leaves logo, the mention of "only in the city", and the wireframes-sketching swap have one thought at the top of mind. Time travel. You bounce between the modern version of the city and the ancient one, with decisions in the past changing what you find in the future when excavating the ruins uncovered by the modern redevelopment. That also lets them use 2 different sets of encounter tables and environments over basically the same structures. The endgame cutscene then is a fully redesigned city influenced by your decisions.

Of course, maybe I'm only thinking this because I'm a big fan of Dragon Age 2.

Wait a minute, if we're going back to Kalos...
View attachment 609128

ACTUAL GOOD CUSTOMIZATION OPTIONS ARE likely BACK BABY WOOOHOOO!!

X and Y introduced character customization and it's become such a core feature of the series ever since, that when Scarlet and Violet decided to basically remove it for school uniforms, I'd say just about everyone hated that. After more than 10 years of designing clothing for the mainline series, we can expect that our trainers will be as fabulous as ever, nothing more fitting for the Paris of Pokemon!
I am a STRONG fan of better char customization and it's sad that XY was the high point of the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)