Pokemon Platinum - The definitive thread: Mach 3 (Competitive Discussion)

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
We don't know yet. At this point, even their usefulness in UU is questionable, as GF fucking made the new forms lose to Hitmonlee (the principle Pokemon it's supposed to counter) by one speed point.

But they're fast comparable to other walls and....yeah. They better still have Levitate though.

Maybe they had the new forms more in mind for OU. Doesn't say fire Rotom make a good Heracross counter or something? Outspeeds hurts it bad with Overheat and resists all it's moves. Or it can Will-O-Wisp and it with 107 defense can survive a Stone Edge i'd think.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
Fire/Ghost Rotom is a terrible "counter" to Heracross. o_o; Guts absorbs WoW, it falls prey to Night Slash, Pursuit, and Stone Edge, and....yeah.

Any chance Golduck learns Earth Power?

Fire Rotom's actually still Ghost/Electric but yeah Night Slash/Pursuit still hurt.

I don't see why they wouldn't have levitate. I hate all of them though. They're too comical.

I kind of want to see the movepools. Hopefully serebii will update the dex to get all the move tutor moves so we can see what gets what.

But seriously, Ambipom will be tricky if it gets Sucker Punch, The Punches, possibly Knock Off, and even trick. Would Super Power be useful on him?

Sorry, I'll get to Drapion in a bit!
In the mean time, I did these guys since they were in my team.

Grumpig: Icy Wind, elemental punches, Zen Headbutt, Trick
Staraptor: Ominous Wind, Air Cutter
Torterra: Nothing.
Pinsir: Fury Cutter , Knock Off

Horrible stuff here. Knock Off on Pinsir helps him seperate himself from Heracross, but meh. I can't believe we're not finding more Sucker Punches. :(

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
Icy Wind Grumpig could theoretically get some use, with things like Nidoking immune to Thunder Wave. It already got Trick and Zen Headbutt.

Off-topic, but the poor thing's out of UU's top 75% (#55 in usage) for mysterious reasons, yet Hypno's at #11.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
OMG, Marowak gets Outrage, talk about frightening...
IMHO, Outrage is useless on Maro. What it already had was fine. Thick Club is such a pwnsome item because it doesn't lock you into moves and makes its attack so high that I've actually swept entire teams after an SD and being burned didn't cripple it.

It would be great if people would stop saying 'Omg I can't believe that pokemon X got (insert move it has already had for the last 4 years here) it's going to move to OU for sure'

@Age of Kings. Because Hypno is awesome. duh.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
I know Hypno is awesome. I've used it. Wish Trick Room Tila Tequila was my best friend.

I just don't know why Grumpig was pushed out even though everyone claims it's the king of special walling along with Hypno. Maybe because I don't care to pay much attention to UU anymore, because even after the ladder test is done (also, boo for non-permanent BL ladder...), UU has still come to be condemned and despicable in my eyes.

The new rotom would be a good counter for heracross, night slash (does it even run that?) or pursuit isn't stoping dusknoir is it? He's bulkier but still, not to mention the majority of heracrosses have choice items, and if not don't have night slash :P. Also good for togekiss, lucario possibly (if ice punch gets very popular won't have to worry about crunch really), just off the top of my head, but yea, I think it could be pretty viable in OU

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
I don't play OU, I just checked Standard stats that state that nearly one in five Heracross has it.

Good for you guys, I guess. Maybe run Water Rotom for Heatran, assuming it is Ghost/Water.

What about the whole pulling the continents with ropes thing, that has to be at least 10exp and why would he be lvl 70 in diamond and pearl? Gamefreaks is so random sometimes

So T-Tar gets Ice Punch eh? Too bad Aqua Tail came along at the same time. (with +1) you lose the OHKO on Gliscor but almost confirm the 2HKO on Hippowdon. Not shabby at all. Not sure about Tangrowth.
Trick other leading Azlefs using SR or thunderpunching gyarados. Ouch.
"lol thunderbolt"
Might Ambipom get the punches? Sucker Punch would hurt on him.
But seriously, Ambipom will be tricky if it gets Sucker Punch, The Punches, possibly Knock Off, and even trick. Would Super Power be useful on him?
ambipom has had all 3 elemental punches (with technician [not boosting them, compatable]) since DP came out by breeding Aipoms in Emerald.
gyarados with no hp/def takes 85% minimum from LO +0 crunch
71% - 83% :\

I think Electric/Ghost is good enough STAB. Just change the form for whatever your team lacks. IMO much better than taking the originality away from more original ghost/xxx down the line.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Anti said:
So T-Tar gets Ice Punch eh? Too bad Aqua Tail came along at the same time. (with +1) you lose the OHKO on Gliscor but almost confirm the 2HKO on Hippowdon. Not shabby at all. Not sure about Tangrowth.
Yeah, I'm fairly certain Tangrowth can avoid the 2HKO from Aqua Tail. :)

Also, as a side note Tyranitar has had Ice Fang all throughout DP and it never saw any use...does anybody really think that the extra 10BP of Ice Punch will change this?

They're all Ghost/Electric for some shitty ass retarded Reason.
Ugh, why would they NOT be Electric/Ghost? A Ghost possesses an Electrical appliance = Ghost/Electric. I really can't fathom the logic behind suggesting that a Ghost possessing a freaking fan should result in a Ghost/Flying type.

Well if your ceiling fan just used Thunderbolt on you I'm sure you'd be like WTF?!?! Same goes for your fridge and toaster lol. People thought they would retain the type that Rotom 'hacked into'.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)