Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald In-Game Tier List Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really appreciate you keeping this thread updated for the past 3 years!! I had a few questions -- could you explain carvanha's utility, where you recommend catching it and what move pool you'd opt for? I would also like to hear the same about barboach. I'm planning a run through and would be glad to use a specific team if it could help with the tiering.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Barboach and Whiscash are essentially Swampert lite. You can capture Barboach at a variety of levels on the route West of Fallarbor after you acquire the Good Rod, most notably you can catch Barboach at level 30, setting up immediate evolution. From that point you treat it as you would Swampert, general catch all utility mon with good typing and good stabs, carried by decent bulk and the power of Surf and EQ.

Carvanha/Sharpedo are typically acquired at the same place you get the Good Rod, though it has some mild power issues on its stabs, and the notable bulk issues, it also has the best HM utility of anything in the game alongside Tropius (Surf, Waterfall, Dive, Strength, Rock Smash). For a competitive set you're looking at Surf / Crunch / Ice Beam and a move of your choice, Earthquake being one such example.

Where do you get these IVs from? Also, did you convert Bullet Seed to a special attack? Your calcs seem to be underselling Treecko a fair bit.

I ran some quick calcs.

Lvl 15 0 SpA Treecko Bullet Seed (3 hits) vs. Lvl 15 0 HP / 0 SpD Nosepass: 18-24 (47.3 - 63.1%) -- approx. 12.1% chance to 2HKO
Possible damage amounts: (6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 8)

Lvl 15 0 Atk Nosepass Rock Tomb vs. Lvl 14 0 HP / 0 Def Treecko: 13-16 (33.3 - 41%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
Possible damage amounts: (13, 13, 13, 13, 13, 13, 15, 15, 15, 15, 15, 15, 15, 15, 15, 16)

You should be more than able to kill Nosepass before they kill you.

As for theorymonning, it's actually called experience. I think I'd remember if Roxanne could roll my Treecko over like that...

Also, Nosepass outpaces Treecko...how? Treecko has a Speed of 30 (assuming 31 IVs for both them and 'Pass), 'Pass has a Speed of 18.

Even a Rock Tomb (-1) would bring your Speed down to 20...which is still above Nosepass's 18.
Your experience is from a long time ago it seems. As I can vouch that in my test Treecko failed to OHKO Geodude with 22 Special Attack IVs with Absorb because I thought it could OHKO. Surprise it doesn’t. As for Nosepass, it can outspeed you if enough Tombs are applied. I believe 2 is the amount required for it to outspeed you.

The 24 IVs in Geodude might be wrong but Nosepass for sure has 24 IVs in everything.

I’m not being hard on Treecko at all, I’m being realistic. It sucks plain and simple. It depends on RNG to beat its first boss AND it’s second. It has no business trying to beat Wattson when it will take a paralysis and be slower than his entire team. Flannery is a nope, Norman is also a nope. I made a post about Norman and under Miracle Seed + Overgrow, the first Slaking was a 2-3HKO with Leaf Blade. 2HKO with a crit. Winona is a no, Tate and Liza is a check as is Wallace. Sydney is handled by Brick Break (a highly contested TM depending on your team), Phoebe is a slug fest and you will prob just lose to PP exhaustion from Pressure. Not to mention her Dusclops has Ice Beam so this is just an inherent loss. Glacia is a pass with BB/Leaf Blade. Walrein can be a range though. Drake is a no. Steven is a no.

As for where the IVs came from:
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/nuzlocke_forum/gym-leader-ivs-evs-t3273.html

http://web.archive.org/web/20170620...ntent/pokemon-ruby-and-sapphire-trainers.html

The first post you will need to find Sadistic’s post regarding data structure. The ranges are there and then you need to match the leader in the second link.

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
Realistically Treecko isn't up for moving. Treecko endured an extremely long stint at B before its demotion, and even then it was always at the lower end. Prior to Leaf Blade, the Treecko line has dubious contributions in both major battles and route clearing and even after Leaf Blade Sceptile is just held back by the base power in neutral fights. The Pokemon in B rank universally either have more combat ability than Sceptile at its best or aren't particularly far behind while not having nearly as much of a mediocre period, or provide additional utility that Treecko doesn't.

Treecko is probably the best of the C rankers, nothing else there jumps out to me when looking through it, but C rank is where it belongs.

---

On the subject of things not jumping out, I'm going to be making a concerted effort to have this conclude and get writeups done in the immediate future. As such, this thread will close on February 14th and a thread specifically for working on the writeups will be made. Thanks!

Really appreciate you keeping this thread updated for the past 3 years!
whoops

Your experience is from a long time ago it seems. As I can vouch that in my test Treecko failed to OHKO Geodude with 22 Special Attack IVs with Absorb because I thought it could OHKO. Surprise it doesn’t. As for Nosepass, it can outspeed you if enough Tombs are applied. I believe 2 is the amount required for it to outspeed you.

The 24 IVs in Geodude might be wrong but Nosepass for sure has 24 IVs in everything.

I’m not being hard on Treecko at all, I’m being realistic. It sucks plain and simple. It depends on RNG to beat its first boss AND it’s second. It has no business trying to beat Wattson when it will take a paralysis and be slower than his entire team. Flannery is a nope, Norman is also a nope. I made a post about Norman and under Miracle Seed + Overgrow, the first Slaking was a 2-3HKO with Leaf Blade. 2HKO with a crit. Winona is a no, Tate and Liza is a check as is Wallace. Sydney is handled by Brick Break (a highly contested TM depending on your team), Phoebe is a slug fest and you will prob just lose to PP exhaustion from Pressure. Not to mention her Dusclops has Ice Beam so this is just an inherent loss. Glacia is a pass with BB/Leaf Blade. Walrein can be a range though. Drake is a no. Steven is a no.

As for where the IVs came from:
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/nuzlocke_forum/gym-leader-ivs-evs-t3273.html

http://web.archive.org/web/20170620...ntent/pokemon-ruby-and-sapphire-trainers.html

The first post you will need to find Sadistic’s post regarding data structure. The ranges are there and then you need to match the leader in the second link.
Ahh, good catch with the IVs and EVs. Good to know. However, the fact remains your calculation for Treecko's Bullet Seed downplays Treecko, given that it's a special move. Not OHKOing =/ not winning, Treecko can outspeed Nosepass even after eating a Rock Tomb and should reliably win this fight based on my calculations. Bullet Seed's RNG being limited to two shots is relatively unlikely, it's more likely to hit multiple times (3/4 chance of hitting three or more times) and if it hits more than thrice once, it pretty much makes up for hitting only twice.

I’m not being hard on Treecko at all, I’m being realistic. It sucks plain and simple. It depends on RNG to beat its first boss AND it’s second.
Saying "Treecko depends on RNG to beat Roxanne" is like saying Vileplume is bad because it relies on the 75% accurate sleep powder.
Lvl 14 0 SpA Treecko Bullet Seed (3 hits) vs. Lvl 15 0 HP / 0 SpD Nosepass: 18-24 (48.6 - 64.8%) -- approx. 99.6% chance to 2HKO
Lvl 15 0 Atk Nosepass Rock Throw vs. Lvl 14 0 HP / 0 Def Treecko: 15-18 (40.5 - 48.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
Lvl 15 0 Atk Nosepass Rock Tomb vs. Lvl 14 0 HP / 0 Def Treecko: 15-18 (40.5 - 48.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
Rock throw and rock tomb have 90% and 80% accuracy, respectively, so the chances of 3HKO are really 72.9% and 51.2% when considering accuracy. Treecko's bullet seed averages 7 damage per hit, so it almost always needs 6 hits (rarely 5 or 7) to defeat Nosepass. If Treecko uses bullet seed twice, it can hit 5 times only if both uses hit 2 times, the first hits 3 and second hits 2, or first hits 2 and second hits 3. 3 * (3 / 8) ^ 2 = 27 / 64, or roughly 42.2%. The only way Treecko loses the 1v1 is if Nosepass uses only its STAB and doesn't miss, and Treecko's bullet seed hits less than 6 times when Treecko uses it twice (or if Treecko is level 13, but even that still has a higher than 50% chance of winning). It turns out to be roughly 38.8% if Nosepass spams rock throw or 21.6% if rock tomb. It's obviously not 0%, but I think it's reliable enough to be considered a good matchup. Brawly is not a good matchup, though.
Lvl 19 0 SpA Grovyle Bullet Seed (3 hits) vs. Lvl 19 0 HP / 0 SpD Makuhita: 15-21 (25 - 35%) -- approx. 1% chance to 3HKO
Also why are you using absorb when bullet seed has more PP and is guaranteed to be stronger (because damage works weird for multi-hit moves used by low-level Pokemon)?
Drake is a no.
Also, I don't know how in the heck Sceptile is beating Drake even if you give it Dragon Claw, as Sceptile doesn't even get STAB from it and is most likely a good few levels under Drake's squad.
Sceptile doesn't beat Drake nearly as easily as stuff like Swampert, Gardevoir, Hariyama, Gyarados, Sharpedo, or Starmie, but high speed and dragon claw are still better than what most other Pokemon can offer. A level 49 Sceptile can outspeed Drake's entire team (ignoring dragon dance), defeat Shelgon and either Kingdra or Flygon, and possibly help revenge-kill Altaria or Salamence.

This is by no means saying that Sceptile should move up from C. As one of the people who tested Treecko last year, I totally agree that the entire Grovyle stage is pretty garbage, and Sceptile's ice weakness and leaf blade's low base power holds Sceptile back even against opponents that are weak to grass. I just read these posts and thought some of them are in fact too hard on Sceptile.
On the subject of things not jumping out, I'm going to be making a concerted effort to have this conclude and get writeups done in the immediate future. As such, this thread will close on February 14th and a thread specifically for working on the writeups will be made. Thanks!
When you post that thread, the tiers are still not finalized, right? I'm kind of busy right now but have more stuff I want to test in 3 or 4 months.

Last edited:

Texas Cloverleaf

is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I don't consider much out of the way of a reasonable path but Dragon Claw is one that I don't generally count as reasonable to give to something. Big backtrack to Fallarbor, number of trainers to cover and wild encounters in the cave makes for a pretty hefty time investment for the TM. Oh yeah also Waterfall pre-req in the party.

Last edited:

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
When you post that thread, the tiers are still not finalized, right? I'm kind of busy right now but have more stuff I want to test in 3 or 4 months.
The plan is to cut things off there, after 3 and a half years I think the list is fairly well sorted.

Re: Dragon Claw, that's profoundly terrible levels of backtracking. It's aight but I'd definitely hold it against Sceptile a little.

e: oh got sniped about Dragon Claw

Saying "Treecko depends on RNG to beat Roxanne" is like saying Vileplume is bad because it relies on the 75% accurate sleep powder.Rock throw and rock tomb have 90% and 80% accuracy, respectively, so the chances of 3HKO are really 72.9% and 51.2% when considering accuracy. Treecko's bullet seed averages 7 damage per hit, so it almost always needs 6 hits (rarely 5 or 7) to defeat Nosepass. If Treecko uses bullet seed twice, it can hit 5 times only if both uses hit 2 times, the first hits 3 and second hits 2, or first hits 2 and second hits 3. 3 * (3 / 8) ^ 2 = 27 / 64, or roughly 42.2%. The only way Treecko loses the 1v1 is if Nosepass uses only its STAB and doesn't miss, and Treecko's bullet seed hits less than 6 times when Treecko uses it twice (or if Treecko is level 13, but even that still has a higher than 50% chance of winning). It turns out to be roughly 38.8% if Nosepass spams rock throw or 21.6% if rock tomb. It's obviously not 0%, but I think it's reliable to be considered a good matchup. Brawly is not a good matchup, though. Also why are you using absorb when bullet seed has more PP and is guaranteed to be stronger (because damage works weird for multi-hit moves used by low-level Pokemon)? Sceptile doesn't beat Drake nearly as easily as stuff like Swampert, Gardevoir, Hariyama, Gyarados, Sharpedo, or Starmie, but high speed and dragon claw are still better than what most other Pokemon can offer. A level 49 Sceptile can outspeed Drake's entire team (ignoring dragon dance), defeat Shelgon and either Kingdra or Flygon, and possibly help revenge-kill Altaria or Salamence.

This is by no means saying that Sceptile should move up from C. As one of the people who tested Treecko last year, I totally agree that the entire Grovyle stage is pretty garbage, and Sceptile's ice weakness and leaf blade's low base power holds Sceptile back even against opponents that are weak to grass. I just read these posts and thought some of them are in fact too hard on Sceptile. For the record, people should probably test a Pokemon themselves before criticizing someone else for not testing enough.
Excellent points. However, one point I'd like to make is that Sceptile can use Sunny Day and Solarbeam to work around Leaf Blade's low BP.

I don't consider much out of the way of a reasonable path but Dragon Claw is one that I don't generally count as reasonable to give to something. Big backtrack to Fallarbor, number of trainers to cover and wild encounters in the cave makes for a pretty hefty time investment for the TM.
Not a problem if you have Fly and Repels, not exactly uncommon items.

This is by no means saying that Sceptile should move up from C. As one of the people who tested Treecko last year, I totally agree that the entire Grovyle stage is pretty garbage, and Sceptile's ice weakness and leaf blade's low base power holds Sceptile back even against opponents that are weak to grass. I just read these posts and thought some of them are in fact too hard on Sceptile. For the record, people should probably test a Pokemon themselves before criticizing someone else for not testing enough.
A) Turdterra did test Treecko. And you're saying Sceptile shouldn't rise, why nitpick my post?
B) People have lives and they can't exactly devote time to help with multiple lists with some semblance of speed (I'm already testing for USUM). Playing these games takes time, and as this mon is not rising I see no need to use Treecko anyway.

Texas Cloverleaf

Not a problem if you have Fly and Repels, not exactly uncommon items.
Granted, the pertinent parts are the Waterfall in party requirement and the fair number of decent trainers, on top of the travel itself. Doesn't impact my personally given I run on an emulator but the base assumption is cartridge.

Ahh, good catch with the IVs and EVs. Good to know. However, the fact remains your calculation for Treecko's Bullet Seed downplays Treecko, given that it's a special move. Not OHKOing =/ not winning, Treecko can outspeed Nosepass even after eating a Rock Tomb and should reliably win this fight based on my calculations. Bullet Seed's RNG being limited to two shots is relatively unlikely, it's more likely to hit multiple times (3/4 chance of hitting three or more times) and if it hits more than thrice once, it pretty much makes up for hitting only twice.
I didn’t do any Calcs so not sure why you are calling me out on something I didn’t say? I just gave you the resources to look at IVs. If you are talking about the ranges provided that’s not a calc. That’s information obtained from playing and testing. It’s not down to the percentage.

Granted, the pertinent parts are the Waterfall in party requirement and the fair number of decent trainers, on top of the travel itself. Doesn't impact my personally given I run on an emulator but the base assumption is cartridge.
Fair point about the trainers, but the travel (Fly HM user gg, and you would like one to traverse Hoenn, e.g. stopping Team Magma in Slateport) and Waterfall (HM user gg, you need it to reach the E4 anyway so it's practically mandatory) aren't and really shouldn't be an issue.

I didn’t do any Calcs so not sure why you are calling me out on something I didn’t say? I just gave you the resources to look at IVs. If you are talking about the ranges provided that’s not a calc. That’s information obtained from playing and testing. It’s not down to the percentage.
I'm not calling you out though? I'm just questioning the calculations you provided. What do you mean, they're not calcs? Why would playing and testing have different results (if anything, given that Treecko will likely have EVs at this point, they would do even better than calcs show)?

Merritt

no comment
Head TD
if anything, given that Treecko will likely have EVs at this point, they would do even better than calcs show
It will not. The only Pokemon available prior to Roxanne which provide Special Attack EVs are Torchic (via Rival 1) and Ralts (a 4% encounter). Do not make calcs assuming greater than 0 Special Attack EVs for Roxanne.

Gonna cut off the fascinating Roxanne vs Treecko discussion here. End of the story is that Treecko has a generally favorable matchup against Roxanne compared to most available Pokemon at the time, but it's not a clean victory. If you're going to continute to talk about Treecko please move to a different point.

You claimed my calcs are downplaying it, when it was abundantly clear that Absorb can miss an OHKO. Most casual players will try the same as they believe a mon with a 4x weakness will die to it only to be surprised it in fact lived and take a Tomb to the face. (I’m done with the Roxanne argument.)

Learn to take an L. Seriously. It will save so much time on both peoples sides. Treecko is C. That is final from the TL himself. If you perturbs you so much that Treecko is this low, do a test. You can emulate if need be, lord knows how many of us actually did. Just note it’s not moving out of C.

It doesn't really matter much if Treecko beats Roxanne. It still struggles for half of the game.

Huzzah!

Just finished a run of Ruby after picking through this thread - thanks for such a great resource!

My run used Mudkip, Ralts, Shroomish, and Zangoose. I feel enough has been said about the first two - Mudkip is solidly S and has the smoothest run through the entire game of pretty much anything. Ralts actually started to flag a bit for me by the end (Garde couldn't do much vs T&L, Sidney, Phoebe or Steven outside of tossing out a few Tbolts, and was a bit too underlevelled to try Double Team strat vs Drake despite my efforts) but I acknowledge and agree with all the runs and logs that place it S tier as one of the most consistent performers throughout the game - if anything I didn't use it enough.

Shroomish is fantastic - early availability and Leech Seed combined with Shroom's honestly decent bulk (60/60/60 isn't bad for a first stage in the early game) makes taking on early bosses a breeze, and at the time when other Grasses start struggling Shroom evolves and becomes one the strongest Fighters in the game, with Leech + Bulk Up making for easy set up. However it started to flag at around the same time as Garde (maybe even earlier since it struggled vs RS Winona for me), with many of the endgame bosses outside of Wallace spelling trouble for it. Unlike Garde though, Breloom's lack of coverage (really wish it got Rock Tomb or Aerial Ace or something), frailty and weaknesses (esp to Ice) leave it pretty helpless if it can't set up, outspeed and KO reliably whereas Garde can still find ways to succeed with CM + Double Team. Seems a decisive A rank to me, great mon overall but with a few bad matchups it lacks the means to really overcome.

Zangoose is what a really wanted to talk about though. This thing was amazing. I opted for Secret Power into Return for STAB over Strength, with Dig for coverage before getting Shadow Ball. Strong STAB Normal is fantastic since there are surprisingly few Normal resists throughout the majority of the game, and most that do exist get dropped by boosted Shadow Ball - the only time I felt the need for Brick Break was vs Steven's Aggron, since all his other mons are hit harder by STAB Silk Scarf-boosted Return. Taunt (learned at lvl 37) is also a nice tool for enabling SD set up in the face of several endgame bosses like Wallace's/Juan's Luvdisc (Persim for preventing confuse hax is also good), Sidney's Mightyena and Phoebe's Dusclops, and a single Guard Spec is all that's needed to set up vs Drake's Shelgon. With one or two SDs Zangoose easily swept everything bar Steven while at level parity or lower. From the moment I caught this thing to the end of the game it was able to contribute consistently if not outright sweep in EVERY fight I tried it in barring Norman (maybe could with X Speed? I didn't try) and Steven. The worst I can say about it is that Erratic EXP group is a bit of a pain, but with Zangoose being such an efficient route cleaner and so good in major fights it never fell behind in terms of levels. I also don't think it's early-midgame availability should hold it back either. I nominate Zangoose for S Tier (hopefully not too late). This thing was incredibly efficient and the only real cost to using it was the Shadow Ball TM.

Sorry I can't provide actual logs, but when it comes to Goose please take my word for it that basically all of them were the same thing (set up SDs, maybe with the help of Taunt, click Return or Shadow Ball, everything drops).

Last edited:
Pokemon - Emerald Version (USA, Europe)_004.png

i was testing some psychics to compare each other, as well as torchic and welp

This prompts some questions from my end.
- When do people assume that Abra is caught in Emerald? Pre or Post-Roxanne?
- What levels are generally assumed for each Gym Leader? Right now I have Ralts Lv13, Combusken Lv16 and Alakazam Lv16, and while I could go further in the story to bring my mons on par with the gym leader's levels, I don't know how much is considered reasonable for you guys. I have seen for example people testing at around lv16 or something. Should Brawly for example be assumed with only the levels gathered pre-Slateport or should I go and gain more levels and come back later?

Texas Cloverleaf

I believe most typically acquire Abra pre-roxanne but have not evolved it to Kadabra until brawly

Don't get too fussed about levels as they are very unsticky depending on how many mons you run, when you pick them up, and the xp groups of the team. In general I'd ballpark as follows:

Roxanne: 12-15, one mon as high as 16 typically the starter
Brawly: 16-18 (can sometimes make 19 on a smaller party)
Watson: 20-24
Flannery: 25-30 (wide spread depending on team here)
Norman: 26-30 (limited xp here)
Winona: 33-37 (lots of xp here)
T+L: 37-40 (level curve and team spread picks up here)
Juan: 38-44 (levels less uniform to account for favorable/unfavorable water route imbalances made up in Victory Road)
E4: 46-50 (46 is the average level if you don't fight all the stuff, 48 if you do, I encourage grinding to 50 for more effective tests and this assumes a six mon party by this point, a smaller party would require less or no grinding)

And yes my Ralts took on Brawly at 16, 13 is definitely too low to be taking on lv 19 makuhita

Last edited:
View attachment 309311
i was testing some psychics to compare each other, as well as torchic and welp

This prompts some questions from my end.
- When do people assume that Abra is caught in Emerald? Pre or Post-Roxanne?
- What levels are generally assumed for each Gym Leader? Right now I have Ralts Lv13, Combusken Lv16 and Alakazam Lv16, and while I could go further in the story to bring my mons on par with the gym leader's levels, I don't know how much is considered reasonable for you guys. I have seen for example people testing at around lv16 or something. Should Brawly for example be assumed with only the levels gathered pre-Slateport or should I go and gain more levels and come back later?
Yeahhhh, Lv 13 Ralts vs Brawly Makuhita is straight up not going to work.

Was that damage 1 Confusion on it tho? It's been a while since I last played Emerald, but that's a fair chunk of damage for how underleveled it is. I wonder if it can survive a Vital Throw and 2HKO back with Confusion at Lv. 16 or so.

Texas Cloverleaf

Ralts, Wingull, Torchic level 13, Slakoth level 14

Ralts: Gets 2HKOed by any of the Rock attacks, but is capable of using their poor accuracy against them. By using one Double Team against each Geodude and having them either miss Rock Tomb/Throw or use Defense Curl you can 2HKO with Confusion and get to Nosepass with +2 evasion. As mentioned in the Poochyena write up, Nosepass loves to spam Harden (and Block) which allows you to comfortably reduce it to -6 Attack and boost yourself to +6 evasion, at which point you can Confusion your way to victory (5HKO in a vacuum, 11HKO with Oran Berry and two Potions). Ran this a couple times and its pretty reliable as long as you can avoid getting hit on the first turn. Might need to use a Potion or Oran Berry of your own to support in some instances. Pretty decent solo effort.

Wingull: OHKOs both Geodudes with Water Gun, but has no game plan against Nosepass other than Supersonic as Rock Tomb OHKOs. Good stuff.

Torchic: see Ralts except you don't have Double Team to help you dodge stuff. Can't win this matchup unless you're already a Combusken

Slakoth: Give it an X Defend and watch it slooooowly 1v1 the first Geodude. Yawn and Slack Off give it enough time to actually outlast the Rock attacks while chipping patiently away with Scratch. Aside from that can pop in and Yawn/Encore Nosepass if needed. Considering its a Truant Normal type, not too shabby.

Wingull is level 16, Ralts/Torchic/Slakoth are level 15

Wingull: 3HKOs Machop with Wing Attack, Machop can kill you if it gets lucky with crits, Meditite gets dumpstered because lolFocusPunch, you probably won't beat Makuhita because Vital Throw is strong and you only 3HKO at best with Bulk Up.

Ralts: donks Machop, donks Meditate (and maybe burns a Potion), mine 2HKOed Makuhita and its +1 Vital Throw could not KO back. Strong.

Torchic: 3HKOs Machop so depends on if it tries to Karate Chop you. lolMeditite. Makuhita OHKOs with Vital Throw at +0

Slakoth: no.
here it is

here it is
Wow, your levels near Brawly are great considering you have 4 team members (two of them in a slow experience group). I had 14lv Ralts and 19lv Combusken. The former couldn't survive two hits from Machop, let alone Makuhita, hah.
- What levels are generally assumed for each Gym Leader?
Personally, I don't assume much when I play these games and share my thoughts about Pokemon here. If you want to have a rough idea about levels then I advise you to check out previous posts. I can help you by posting my team's status around every gym leader.
Roxanne - Combusken (barely 17), Ralts (9)
Brawly - Combusken (19), Ralts (14)
Wattson - Combusken (27), Kirlia (23)
Flannery - Blaziken (36), Gardevoir (31)
Norman - Blaziken (36), Gardevoir (33), Trapinch (29)
Winona - Blaziken (38), Gardevoir (38), Vibrava (39), Tropius (31)
Tate&Liza - Blaziken (42), Gardevoir (41), Vibrana (41), Tropius (40), Dusclops (39), Sealeo (36)
Juan - Blaziken (42), Gardevoir (42), Vibrana (43), Tropius (44), Dusclops (43), Sealeo (43)
Elite 4 - Blaziken (44), Gardevoir (44), Flygon (47), Tropius (48), Dusclops (48), Walrein (46)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)