Pokemon Scarlet & Violet - 18th Nov 2022! **OFFICIAL INFO ONLY**

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
The entire institution of transferring has become a rotting infected wound on the reputation of the series. I don't know why they are incapable of making a functional service that is anything more than a scam, but they just aren't.

Amputate this diseased limb and be done with it. It's over.

Did Niantic have to cover for TPC this week or something? Borked raid battles and PR errors are something I expect from Pokemon GO, not the brand as a whole.
I have to wonder if the raid screwing up is what caused them to possibly reschedule it? Needing to mess around with the internals of SV might require them to tweak the Home code.

I have to wonder if the raid screwing up is what caused them to possibly reschedule it? Needing to mess around with the internals of SV might require them to tweak the Home code.
The issue with the Paradox raids was the raid tables didn't properly exclude materials, so it gave "none" materials and that caused the game to crash
Fixing that is on fixing the raid tables, it doesn't matter to Home at all.

There was never a date in the Japanese side of things that I can tell, so I think this was purely a TPCi fuck up.

I dick ride more than I should for this company but the constant shit storm that we have had to put up with from this TPCi since November is really grating. We've had a game that performed poorly, game breaking bugs, glitchy raids, glitchy online battles and various other issues - and now they've delayed HOME which did feel like a little shining light throughout this exhausting journey. It's really frustrating to be a fan of a franchise who keep repeatedly messing up.

I'm not a "wow GF so lazy boycott boycott" person by any means, but their apologies are always ass - at least give us some good free stuff to tide us over - Apriballs, money, various item packages - there's a few things they can do to try and make it up to us, hell even like give us Legendary Raids or something, but it's always an apology, here's a patch and then that patch contains something else that's wrong. Not only does it frustrate fans but it's going to start tarnishing their public image. So much of Pokémon's content lately has been incredibly broken. GO, their TCG game, their main series games.. like.. nothing is working as intended.

With HOME they've had now had 7 months to pull it together, certain people have confirmed that HOME v3 is actually ready to go, so it's more than likely a nasty bug that's caused the issue, which is crazy that they're doing bug testing 5 days before the release.. someone's probably gonna quote this to try and disprove that this is how games work etc or whatever but I just think that it's incredibly poor behaviour from a huge corporation (I shouldn't expect anything else!)

Ik it's not that deep, but lol.. I'm annoyed with them! boo hiss @ TPCi :psyangry:

Not only does it frustrate fans but it's going to start tarnishing their public image. So much of Pokémon's content lately has been incredibly broken. GO, their TCG game, their main series games.. like.. nothing is working as intended.
As someone playing Go, it's generally working as intended, it's just that the developers intend something not remotely fun for most of the playerbase. It's almost the opposite of GF where Niantic has the means to make the game better and chooses not to, vs GF/TPCi who can't seem to do it right to begin with

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
If the date is seriously still 5/24 and they just weren't allowed to announce it I might get a migraine.
Honestly would not be surprised if this is the case considering they have never officially announced HOME compatibility dates beforehand.

This does admittedly raise concerns about the level of communication between the different parties in the room however.

The delay in Pokemon Home definitely has to do with the recent Tera Raids crashing your game. It’s not a coincidence that they announced this after people’s games started crashing.

The delay in Pokemon Home definitely has to do with the recent Tera Raids crashing your game. It’s not a coincidence that they announced this after people’s games started crashing.
Except nothing about the Paradox event raids causing crashes, because of their drop tables having null materials, matters to Home.

All Home does is look at the Pokemon on the save file. If anything would matter to that it would likely be on the actual update to the game coming next week; and even then that's focused on live competition issues.

It may be that they will do a hot fix of the raid issue as a higher priority, then after completing that, merge it into the changes they have to release for Home compatibility as lower priority. Maybe they are only willing to sequence the releases in that way. This is what I am thinking.

Could have been someone pulling the trigger on a post that shouldn't have gone out, but I think the timing is too conspicuous.

Serebii even posted times that the update/maintenance was supposed to happen:

Not sure if this was from the press site or something, but seems oddly specific to have a date and release times that are just wrong.
The date and time were originally just posted on all the relevant pokemon.com article versions, so it applies to every western language announcement on there.
1684533143565.png

https://web.archive.org/web/2023051...mon-scarlet-and-pokemon-violet-is-coming-soon

Meanwhile, the Korean site has finally updated. Now we can bask in these full resolution pictures of Pikachu in Pokemon HOME. On the Korean side we get the Level 5 Pikachu in HOME and the Level 25 Alola Pikachu in the smartphone version.
https://pokemonkorea.co.kr/news/5/13230
1684533336773.png
1684533346035.png

1684533360145.png
1684533364623.png

1684533396017.png
1684533402828.png

A note is that these HOME pictures are timestamped from May 9, though every other page has the same timestamps even on older images.
https://data1.pokemonkorea.co.kr/newdata/2023/05/2023-05-09_15-51-46-58462-1683615106.jpg
Not all of them follow the same trend. The starter pics are from May 18.
https://data1.pokemonkorea.co.kr/newdata/2023/05/2023-05-18_13-33-45-99431-1684384425.png
The shot of Gholdengo is marked May 19.
https://data1.pokemonkorea.co.kr/newdata/2023/05/2023-05-19_14-01-52-52038-1684472512.png

Notably the Korean update was so late that they have the latest Chesnaught news bulletin from yesterday, though no LP transfer image for SV and they still have the old example of Tyranitar in battle data. For comparison, JP uses Greninja's raid rerun announcement, TC dates to February 28, and SC has Typhlosion's raid initial announcement.
https://data1.pokemonkorea.co.kr/newdata/2023/05/2023-05-19_11-46-57-67259-1684464417.png
1684534496831.png
1684534596221.png
1684534664476.png
1684534667336.png

1684534147533.png

1684533414578.png
Once again we have another perspective on the move relearner function and it's the same deal about learning relearnable moves in advance, though putting the moves "learned so far" as a separate note.

Also this is late but looking on BDSP's page, I noticed this notice that says you can only put 1 of each legendary from a save file into HOME. I guess this is how gamefreak addresses clones, but I guess this would also stop you from trading two Dialga and trying to deposit them both from the same game. I guess I missed it or forgot because it wasn't relevant for me, but this was a thing that happened that was actually a problem for some people.
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/314255-pokemon-brilliant-diamond/80026849
1684533737900.png

1684534845053.png

Also this is late but looking on BDSP's page, I noticed this notice that says you can only put 1 of each legendary from a save file into HOME. I guess this is how gamefreak addresses clones, but I guess this would also stop you from trading two Dialga and trying to deposit them both from the same game. I guess I missed it or forgot because it wasn't relevant for me, but this was a thing that happened that was actually a problem for some people.
View attachment 517626
View attachment 517639
Yes that's been a thing since last year's Home update; we had to do some testing because of vague wording maybe indicating that ANY extras would trigger the warning but iirc near as we can tell it only puts the check on exact clones.

Except nothing about the Paradox event raids causing crashes, because of their drop tables having null materials, matters to Home.

All Home does is look at the Pokemon on the save file. If anything would matter to that it would likely be on the actual update to the game coming next week; and even then that's focused on live competition issues.
They’re gonna need to release an emergency patch to fix the raid issue, which is why Home is being delayed. Only a small amount of people are currently working on the game compared to all the development, so it’s pretty reasonable (or unreasonable depending your views) that they’d need to delay it.

They’re gonna need to release an emergency patch to fix the raid issue, which is why Home is being delayed. Only a small amount of people are currently working on the game compared to all the development, so it’s pretty reasonable (or unreasonable depending your views) that they’d need to delay it.
They don't need to do a patch to fix the raid issue, though. They should be able to easily set custom raid tables without it. And lord knows this isn't an urgent matter anyway....the Iron Leaves/Walking Wake matter was significantly more urgent and that still took like what 2 months to fix and that did require a version update probably because of the Bad Eggs issue.

I understand that this isn’t a delay or anything since the Japanese and Korean sites never assigned a date, but I have to question how it’s possible that they could mess up communication this badly. It’s genuinely really depressing how many things have been going badly for the franchise in general lately between Timi’s balancing choices in Unite, Niantic’s… everything in terms of GO, and now this mishap by TPCI, plus the multiple raid issues.

It's still early 2023.... right guys? :psycry:
Someone please back me up if you have more info, but I do remember back when Legends Arceus still had "early 2022" as its release date, Amazon posted a placeholder release date of June 30, 2022.

Does anyone know if any other retailers or TPC/Nintendo themselves did this? Does anyone know if something similar has ever happened for the word "early"?

Yes that's been a thing since last year's Home update; we had to do some testing because of vague wording maybe indicating that ANY extras would trigger the warning but iirc near as we can tell it only puts the check on exact clones.
Any extras do trigger the warning and it doesn't have to be a clone. Not only can you trip over this with local trades, but you can also trip over this with official event Pokemon (South Korea got an event Regigigas). The super dumb thing is that the check is based on the depositing game's save file ID (invisible number generated when a new save file is created) rather than Trainer ID. To trigger the warning, both Dialga/etc. must have never touched Home before.

This is actually not to stop clones but rather to stop the non-cloning infinite Dialga/Palkia glitch where one save file could catch unlimited box legendaries and none of them would be clones of each other.

Well Home didn't get its update, but the previously announced patch (the one that was just randomly set for sometime between 22 & 26th) for SV is out now at least. This one focuses on fixing issues with the online competition, though it also " Other select bug fixes have been implemented. "

I assume those addressed the other issues with competitions that aren't in the patch notes but were mentioned elsewhere

So at least one thing went right this week!

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Considering the Japanese Pokemon's Twitter didn't actually specify a date until now, I wouldn't say it was ever meant to be the 24th to begin with, and I do not believe the Paradox raid bug had anything to do with HOME compatibility. The Paradox bug only delayed the in-game raids itself, HOME compatibility was completely unrelated.

All they did originally was announce features of the new Version 3.0 of HOME and talk about what will change with it, the international social media intern jumped the gun and mixed things up and posted May 24th in error. What we did end up getting yesterday was a small patch for SV, and the likely scenario is that the social media manager for TPCi mixed up things there and mistakenly posted that HOME compatibility would come out on the 24th and was called out by other folks in the room afterward.

I still think communication issues went on behind the scenes and I do hope that the folks in the room have learned their lesson now but insinuating that it was ever delayed and that the Paradox raid bug had anything to do with it is an incredibly cynical notion and has no basis in actual reality when you look at everything, including what actually happened in the Japan side of things.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 8)