Pokemon Showdown bug reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

elodin

the burger
is a Tiering Contributoris a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender
So, I've built a standart rain team and put Leftovers on my Politoed. When I tried to find battle this message appeared: "-wow (Politoed) can't have Leftovers". So I took Lefties out and put a Chesto Berry, but then the same message. Now I can't find battles with this team anymore, lol.

I've been trying to use Pokemon Showdown for a while now, but no matter which browser I use (I've tried Chrome, Firefox and even Internet Explorer), but I get disconnected 2 minutes into logging in. I try reconnecting, and it disconnects me again approximately 2 minutes in as well.

Even though it says that it's possibly the server restarting, I know this isn't the case. I've even tried updating and downgrading Flash (even though that clearly isn't the issue), clearing my cache, cookies, and all that jazz but to no avail. I don't know if I'm the only one having this problem or whether it's a bug or not, but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
I've been trying to use Pokemon Showdown for a while now, but no matter which browser I use (I've tried Chrome, Firefox and even Internet Explorer), but I get disconnected 2 minutes into logging in. I try reconnecting, and it disconnects me again approximately 2 minutes in as well.

Even though it says that it's possibly the server restarting, I know this isn't the case. I've even tried updating and downgrading Flash (even though that clearly isn't the issue), clearing my cache, cookies, and all that jazz but to no avail. I don't know if I'm the only one having this problem or whether it's a bug or not, but any help would be appreciated.
I believe it's a problem with socket.io.

There's no known fix, but we've been looking into alternate connection methods for a while.

So while we do know about this issue, and we're looking into some possible solutions, I don't think a fix is going to be forthcoming very soon.

I believe it's a problem with socket.io.

There's no known fix, but we've been looking into alternate connection methods for a while.

So while we do know about this issue, and we're looking into some possible solutions, I don't think a fix is going to be forthcoming very soon.
Oh well, that's a bummer. I was expecting something along those lines. Just seemed weird that I'm one of the few having this issue. Thanks for the quick reply anyhow, I'll keep my eyes posted on here to see if this issue ends up getting fixed.

Nyktos

Custom Loser Title
Attempting to join a battle I get this message:

Your team was rejected for the following reasons:

- Empoleon's item Petaya Berry is unreleased.
However, Petaya Berry and the other pinch berries are available in BW2 according to Serebii (and checking with Salac, Showdown believes that to be legal).

Attempting to join a battle I get this message:

However, Petaya Berry and the other pinch berries are available in BW2 according to Serebii (and checking with Salac, Showdown believes that to be legal).
I'd personally like verification from a source that doesn't say that Liechi raises Defense and that Petaya raises Speed. But as soon as someone confirms, these berries will be made legal on both PO and PS.

A few minutes ago, the log-in function completely died: nobody who's trying to join the server can use their name of choice, and so are stuck as guests:

I have the same problem, that I can't choose my name. But when I want to look for a battle, it says that I have to choose a name, which I can't. I don't know why can't battle as a guest, because all the other guests seem to have no problem in finding battles.

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
There's an issue w/ the game server connecting to the login server. Unfortunately this means you cannot pick names at the moment. We are aware of this and the matter will be be dealt with by the appropriate people as soon as possible.

I have the same problem, that I can't choose my name. But when I want to look for a battle, it says that I have to choose a name, which I can't. I don't know why can't battle as a guest, because all the other guests seem to have no problem in finding battles.
If you can't choose a name, leave the name box empty when it asks you for a name. The game server currently can't connect to the login server so you are unable to pick names.

If you do that I mentioned you are able to battle as guest. Hope I helped.

EDIT: Problem solved; Thanks Zarel!

I drain punched a Substitute and didn't get any HP.

Turn 9
The foe's Conkeldurr is tightening its focus!
Conkeldurr used Drain Punch!
The foe's Conkeldurr's substitute faded!
The foe's Conkeldurr used Focus Punch!
Conkeldurr lost 47% of its health!
Conkeldurr fainted!
The foe's Conkeldurr restored HP using its Leftovers!
Melee Mewtwo: hum I didn't drain the sub's hp
Melee Mewtwo: strange
Guest 3029: it's a sub

I drain punched a Substitute and didn't get any HP.

Turn 9
The foe's Conkeldurr is tightening its focus!
Conkeldurr used Drain Punch!
The foe's Conkeldurr's substitute faded!
The foe's Conkeldurr used Focus Punch!
Conkeldurr lost 47% of its health!
Conkeldurr fainted!
The foe's Conkeldurr restored HP using its Leftovers!
Melee Mewtwo: hum I didn't drain the sub's hp
Melee Mewtwo: strange
Guest 3029: it's a sub
"If Drain Punch breaks a Substitute, no HP will be restored to the user."
Here is no problem with Drain Punch. You could first check it from bulbapedia, before posting "bugs".
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Drain_Punch_(move)

Um, I was just in a battle, and for some reason my Porygon2's trace didn't work right.It would copy the ability of the pokemon it was facing as it switched out, and would keep it when it came back in. Really strange.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Trapping moves continue to trap you and deal damage to you even after you kill their user. It happened when an opposing Heatran used Magma Storm on my Tornadus-T and it still said i am trapped after killing him, while also receiving damage at the end of the turn...

Um, I was just in a battle, and for some reason my Porygon2's trace didn't work right.It would copy the ability of the pokemon it was facing as it switched out, and would keep it when it came back in. Really strange.
This. Also, when I switched in Trace Porygon2 against an Intimidate Arcanine, Arcanine was Intimidated twice: once as my first pokemon switched out, and again as Porygon2 switched in.

Ray Jay

"Jump first, ask questions later, oui oui!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Second or third time this has happened to me, occurs when ladder puts me against the same person two times in a row

Got a Gardevoir in Random battle, and somehow it had Thick Fat as its ability. Then in Instant Replay the Scolipede I started with looked like it had Thick fat, and when it switched to Gardevoir, the Gardevoir had Sturdy.

Scolipede was against a Tepig and after the switch the opponent switched to Lairon. Might have something to do with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)